Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,284 members, 7,881,060 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:40 AM

Newcastle United Sacks Sam Allardyce - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Newcastle United Sacks Sam Allardyce (2826 Views)

Sam Ibiam Dies At 90 (pictured) / Sam Allardyce Linked With Eagles Job / Is The NFF Gunning For Westham Boss Sam Allardyce? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Newcastle United Sacks Sam Allardyce by eldee(m): 6:49pm On Jan 09, 2008
Sam Allardyce has been sacked as manager of Newcastle United, according to breaking news reports. Setanta Sports latest news about five minutes ago has it that he just held a press conference appearing jovial but parted ways three hours later.
Re: Newcastle United Sacks Sam Allardyce by eldee(m): 7:05pm On Jan 09, 2008
Updated: Jan. 9, 2008
Allardyce parts company with Newcastle United

Newcastle United have parted company with manager Sam Allardyce, according to reports.

The former Bolton boss spent just eight months in the job after being appointed by Freddy Shepherd at the end of last season.

But while new owner Mike Ashley stood by him after his summer takeover of the club, rumours persistently circled St James' Park and the shadow of Alan Shearer loomed large over Allardyce.

The former England skipper is out of the country at the moment but speculation is sure to reach fever pitch in the coming days as to whether he will take the job.

An official statement on the club's website - www.nufc.co.uk - said: 'Newcastle United have today parted company with Sam Allardyce as its Manager with immediate effect.

This decision has been reached by mutual consent.

Newcastle United Chairman Chris Mort said: 'Mike and I would like to place on record our thanks for Sam's efforts and wish him well for the future.

'A new manager has not yet been appointed at Newcastle United. We will make a further announcement on the managerial position when appropriate.

Sam Allardyce said: 'I am disappointed to be leaving Newcastle United but I wish the club all the best for the remainder of the season and for the future.'

First team coach Nigel Pearson will take charge of Saturday's game at Manchester United.'

Allardyce spent just 24 games as Toon boss.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=496793&cc=5739

This comes as a shock as he held a press conference this afternoon where he talked about his potential signings like Diarra. The Man Utd game was also discussed.
Re: Newcastle United Sacks Sam Allardyce by A40(m): 7:11pm On Jan 09, 2008
That was nasty.That newcastle team is just jinxed i am not sure Mourinho can save them i mean when you cant beat stoke city what do you expect besides he made some very crap buys.Cacapa,Smith,Faye,Rozehnal the list is endless
Re: Newcastle United Sacks Sam Allardyce by Mustay(m): 7:31pm On Jan 09, 2008
abi o

That team really has some REAL problems and not management problems.

how many coaches in how many years undecided

too bad
Re: Newcastle United Sacks Sam Allardyce by topeorekoy(m): 8:12am On Jan 10, 2008
whats happening to footy in england? how many coaches will they sack in the last 6mths

JOSE- CHELSEA
McLAREN- NATIONAL TEAM
JOL- SPURS
SANCHEZ- FULHAM

NOW BIG SAM- NEW CASTLE

why is it so hard to keep down a coaching job in england. anyway as long they dont sack the PROF.
Re: Newcastle United Sacks Sam Allardyce by ndubest(m): 8:49am On Jan 10, 2008
May be the desperation that characterized the Serie A in the 1990s is coming into EPL

The winner at all cost mentality which atimes provides poor quality football may spoil the current fun EPL is providing like Serie A did in the past

I wish the owners were more patient with him

Goodbye Big Sam
Re: Newcastle United Sacks Sam Allardyce by topeorekoy(m): 9:04am On Jan 10, 2008
its true. why aint just patient with the coaches. i guess its cos of the money invested in the teams and the huge salaries they pay the players, so they need results from teams.

one thing i still wonder is that, WHY HAS WENGER AND SAF not been sacked all the while. WENGER has not won anything for 3 years but was never threatened. anyway, its the board's trust in him and they shld not do that plsssss
Re: Newcastle United Sacks Sam Allardyce by chuckdee4(m): 10:39am On Jan 10, 2008
Mustay:

abi o

That team really has some REAL problems and not management problems.

how many coaches in how many years undecided

too bad

8 Coaches in 11 seasons, including the likes of Bobby Robson, Ruud Gullit, Kevin Keegan, Graeme Souness and the list goes on,
Little wonder they are very inconsistent, i'm suprised they haven't been relegated
Re: Newcastle United Sacks Sam Allardyce by chuckdee4(m): 10:50am On Jan 10, 2008
topeorekoy:

its true. why aint just patient with the coaches. i guess its because of the money invested in the teams and the huge salaries they pay the players, so they need results from teams.

one thing i still wonder is that, WHY HAS WENGER AND SAF not been sacked all the while. WENGER has not won anything for 3 years but was never threatened. anyway, its the board's trust in him and they shld not do that plsssss

I was watching Sky Sports this morning and one of those punters was like Aston Villa couldn't buy a win in 12 games last season but Martin Oneill never got any heat, if anything they stood by him, look where they are this season and how well they have played. They gave the man time to work his magic, this Newcastle board are like kids playing around with chess pieces, they want it all in a flash, Rome was not built in a day. Bobby Robson should never have been sacked.

Now they're all talking about Shearer this Shearer that, the fool doesn't even have a coaching licence
Re: Newcastle United Sacks Sam Allardyce by yeancah007(f): 11:22am On Jan 10, 2008
About time ! smiley
Re: Newcastle United Sacks Sam Allardyce by mendax: 12:06pm On Jan 10, 2008
he had it comin cry
Re: Newcastle United Sacks Sam Allardyce by gregg2: 12:36pm On Jan 10, 2008
If you want job security don't make coaching your proffession.

Obafemi's future is my concern now.
Re: Newcastle United Sacks Sam Allardyce by metro(m): 12:49pm On Jan 10, 2008
never believed in sam even in Bolton he was just lucky but newcastle need to be patient and obagol needs to make a decision if to stay or leave na dat villa and city wants him,
Re: Newcastle United Sacks Sam Allardyce by cooljoe(m): 2:09pm On Jan 10, 2008
Good radiance of bad rubbish.
Re: Newcastle United Sacks Sam Allardyce by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jan 10, 2008
topeorekoy:

its true. why aint just patient with the coaches. i guess its because of the money invested in the teams and the huge salaries they pay the players, so they need results from teams.

it is because he makes much more for the team,
and he produce good players.

just that they may lose their temper and get him sacked
if he goes trophyless this season
Re: Newcastle United Sacks Sam Allardyce by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jan 10, 2008
i think i remain one of the few people that still had faith in Big Sam despite Newcastles string of poor performances. Looking at what he did with Bolton, i predicted that Newcastle was going to pick up steam towards the end of the premier league but now we'll never know.

It's a pity, and i wish newcastle will call him back.
Re: Newcastle United Sacks Sam Allardyce by jerrymania(m): 5:15pm On Jan 10, 2008
yes yes we don hear.dem don sack am. it don do.
Re: Newcastle United Sacks Sam Allardyce by bankyiie(m): 6:04pm On Jan 10, 2008
chx:

Who wins Ghana 2008 Nations Cup? Vote for your choice team here:

http://www.allafricanfootball.com

What has this got to do with the topic?
Re: Newcastle United Sacks Sam Allardyce by manmustwac(m): 7:25pm On Jan 10, 2008
To be frank he should never have left Bolton Wanderers in the first place, he f**k himself up. I predicted something like this will happen and it happened
Re: Newcastle United Sacks Sam Allardyce by powerblaze(m): 9:09pm On Jan 10, 2008
evry manager,player and even the whole team have their trying moments.it takes a while, but with a steady approach,u can get back on track.look at chelsea,they were bombarded with critism after exit of Mounrhino. But they kept their concentration and confidence and they're back on track. Some teams need time,others catch up fast.Too bad for Big Sam(i think he deserved it!). I only pity Obagoal. He had a great chance with arsenal, but allowed himself to be compromised,
Re: Newcastle United Sacks Sam Allardyce by DisGuy: 1:46am On Jan 11, 2008
the guy is rubbish anyway, he should stick with the likes of bolton and derby!
He has only one strategy, long balls

how do you expect very short/fast players like martin and Owen to perform with long balls?
why in the world will he bench martins for Owen?

so much for an upcoming English coach tongue
Re: Newcastle United Sacks Sam Allardyce by SSK8BOARDG(m): 6:27pm On Jan 11, 2008
@ chukdee ur a fool for calling trhe great alan shearer a fool, he has done his coaching badges and has a liesence next time get ur facts riht before u open ur mouth to say rubish
Re: Newcastle United Sacks Sam Allardyce by A40(m): 6:55pm On Jan 11, 2008
I think the first step to redemption is for the Newcastle board and fans to accept that they are shyte i mean they have not won anything in 39 years so what makes them think they are in the elite if they do that then they can reduce their unrealistic expectations and then give the manager a chance to do his thing.The fans wanted interesting footie and their billionaire owner is not ready to spend money i mean a midfield with Smith and Butt where is the creativity supposed to come from?
Re: Newcastle United Sacks Sam Allardyce by akinalabi(m): 9:06pm On Jan 11, 2008
chuckdee4:

Now they're all talking about Shearer this Shearer that, the fool doesn't even have a coaching licence

You're wrong there. He's done his badges.

And that's a poor way to address the premiership highest
goal scorer of all time just because he believes the team
you support will not win the league.
Re: Newcastle United Sacks Sam Allardyce by Mustay(m): 9:29pm On Jan 11, 2008
sometimes, some management decisions have to be taken to protect the interests of investors.
Re: Newcastle United Sacks Sam Allardyce by Mustay(m): 9:46pm On Jan 11, 2008
A-40:

I think the first step to redemption is for the Newcastle board and fans to accept that they are shyte i mean they have not won anything in 39 years so what makes them think they are in the elite if they do that then they can reduce their unrealistic expectations and then give the manager a chance to do his thing.The fans wanted interesting footie and their billionaire owner is not ready to spend money i mean a midfield with Smith and Butt where is the creativity supposed to come from?

Newcastle fans are regarded as VERY FAITHFUL fans and the club respects them for that purpose wink
Re: Newcastle United Sacks Sam Allardyce by A40(m): 3:26am On Jan 12, 2008
They should try adding some reality to their faithfulness we all know Newcastle are a very average club with a bit of hype
Re: Newcastle United Sacks Sam Allardyce by ololakenny: 9:09am On Jan 12, 2008
i never belived in him. coaching is one thing, but goodwill towards players goes a long way. going by the shabby treatment and the unceremonial exit of okocha from bolton, i think wat goes round comes round.
Re: Newcastle United Sacks Sam Allardyce by atiku07(m): 10:38am On Jan 12, 2008
ololakenny:

i never belived in him. coaching is one thing, but goodwill towards players goes a long way. going by the shabby treatment and the unceremonial exit of okocha from bolton, i think what goes round comes round.

i second your words ololakenny what goes around comes around i think jay jay should have a good laugh by now. Moreover i guess he is even a racist
Re: Newcastle United Sacks Sam Allardyce by A40(m): 10:51am On Jan 12, 2008
Naah i dont think Allardyce is a racist
Re: Newcastle United Sacks Sam Allardyce by ritchboy(m): 1:34pm On Jan 12, 2008
Big sam a racist?Nah.
If i remember corectly only two africans have ever bin made captain of a premier league team(okocha/geremi), both by sam.
Re: Newcastle United Sacks Sam Allardyce by eldee(m): 3:12pm On Jan 12, 2008
he even had the blackest thing that ever happened to the premiership (Faye), diouf, the most annoying black player in the league was his player.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Today's Winning Football Betting / PHOTOS: Paul Pogba In Mecca, Saudi Arabia Performing Umrah / Authentic Polos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.