Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,574 members, 7,929,842 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 02:22 AM

Help! What Could Have Been The Problem? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help! What Could Have Been The Problem? (1042 Views)

So Many Ladies Over The Age Of 30, Please What Is The Problem!!!? / Women Are Not Always The Problem In Relationships / Nigerian Girls… And The Problem With Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! What Could Have Been The Problem? by habumaks(m): 9:47pm On Jan 09, 2008
WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN THE PROBLEM

Ladies in the house please this goes to you.

I was sitting in front of my office (which happens to be facing the main street) a couple of days back playing with my phone when suddenly there was this girl (a very pretty girl) passing by. When our eyes met she smiled at me and that i believe (or thought?) was an invitation for me to make a move which i did. Now the issue is when i said "hello, excuse me please" and did not make any move to stand (eventhough she was coming towards where i was sitting) then suddenly her expression changed. Although i did not actually get what she was saying (murmuring) but the expression on her face told me this: "who are you to expect me to come and meet you there?" and that i realised after the episode.

Eventhough i regret a lot for not getting up that moment, going after her, grabbing her hands (if she refuses to listen to me) to find out what actually went wrong, i have decided to be vigilant in case she appears again so that i can find out straight from her. But before then i would like to hear your views.

I have never walked up or stopped a girl on the road, spinned, yarn (or whateva you may call it) the girlfriends i had in the past and the present are as a result of some other meetings and circumstances other than the ones i mentioned earlier. I was not looking bad that day and i am not too ugly ref to my profile, lol to deserve that treat. And that brings me back to the above captioned. Ladies did i "DISRESPECT" her in anyway or is she expecting something else more than the normal "hello" or "hi" before starting the normal conversation?

thanks.
Re: Help! What Could Have Been The Problem? by TheSly: 10:06pm On Jan 09, 2008

I was sitting in front of my office (which happens to be facing the main street) a couple of days back playing with my phone when suddenly there was this girl (a very pretty girl) passing by. When our eyes met she smiled at me and that i believe (or thought?) was an invitation for me to make a move which i did. Now the issue is when i said "hello, excuse me please" and did not make any move to stand (eventhough she was coming towards where i was sitting) then suddenly her expression changed. Although i did not actually get what she was saying (murmuring) but the expression on her face told me this: "who are you to expect me to come and meet you there?" and that i realised after the episode.

Nah!! nothin like disrespectin' but your move is kind*da bossy! u ought to exhibit sum kind*a respect at least for tha first time by walkin up to her wink

nothin do u! cool
Re: Help! What Could Have Been The Problem? by uspry1(f): 1:42am On Jan 10, 2008
I think you probably have poor office mannerism/greeting when it comes to person approach you at your desk while you talk on the phone without notice the person at present waiting for you.
Re: Help! What Could Have Been The Problem? by Nobody: 10:29am On Jan 10, 2008
When someone approaches your desk at work most ppl stand to show interest and that the person who is coming to talk to you has your attention. I mean especially if u were trying to make a move then getting up would have shown u thought she was worth your attention. I mean personally I want the guy to make the move cuz to me that says that ya he is interested and the fact that he took a chance to make a move is commendable (most of the time).
Re: Help! What Could Have Been The Problem? by habumaks(m): 10:51am On Jan 10, 2008
@ uspry1 & kattrina
you guys dont get it, i was not behind my desk but outside and she was not coming to my office she was just passing by. anyway thanks for your comments.
Re: Help! What Could Have Been The Problem? by stefykarl: 11:09am On Jan 10, 2008
Listen you got it all wrong okay, since you wanted to make a move you should have stood up at least even if is a two step move. thats disrespecting my dear. if you see a lady on the way, maybe you are driving and you stop for her, you are meant to come down from your car to meet her even if she is standing on your window side, there is no two way to it, you did not show you value her, cos if is me, i wont come, i will just pick up my legs and continue my waka
Re: Help! What Could Have Been The Problem? by ayeesha: 11:36am On Jan 10, 2008
guess she took one look into your red eyes and promptly changed her mind grin

hope they are no longer red o!

abi na me de see double
Re: Help! What Could Have Been The Problem? by Adax(m): 4:36pm On Jan 10, 2008
@ Poster

How old are you?
Re: Help! What Could Have Been The Problem? by habumaks(m): 7:43pm On Jan 10, 2008
@Adax
click on my ID you will see my details there. i didnt lie about age. BTW what does my age got to do wit it and i needed ladies view not you. angry
Re: Help! What Could Have Been The Problem? by habumaks(m): 7:45pm On Jan 10, 2008
@Adax
click on my ID you will see my details there. i didnt lie about my age. BTW what does my age got to do wit it and i needed ladies view not you. angry
Re: Help! What Could Have Been The Problem? by iceland(m): 8:53pm On Jan 10, 2008
habumaks:

I was sitting in front of my office (which happens to be facing the main street) a couple of days back playing with my phone when suddenly there was this girl (a very pretty girl) passing by. When our eyes met she smiled at me and that i believe (or thought?) was an invitation for me to make a move which i did.
I DONT THINK YOU WERE THE ONE THE GIRL WAS SMILING AT IN THE FIRST PLACE.I THINK THE GIRL WAS AMUSED BY HER THOTS.AND WHEN You MADE A MOVE SHE WAS LIKE,,,,,,WHO THE HELL DOES HE THINK HE IS?I WAS NOT SMILLING AT You UGLY BOY! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
THAT' MY OPINION AM PLS DONT TAKE IT PERSONAL!
Re: Help! What Could Have Been The Problem? by sagitarius(m): 9:01pm On Jan 10, 2008
for courtesy sake,u just had 2 stand up. dat ws d first time and ladies love feeling special about themselves (well, who doesn't?) but u needed 2 create a good first impression? try 2 stand up next time, it shows how much u respect her
Re: Help! What Could Have Been The Problem? by uspry1(f): 9:12pm On Jan 10, 2008
@poster

Next time when u see a lady is on the way before passing by, you, YOURSELF, make a move walking out of your office desk to create your first impression to her, just saying,"hello, may I be serve you about my service business?" or "hello, i'm so sorry that i cannot help your smiling is so irresible to me past few days ago. May I introduce myself to you?"

Something like that!!! Good luck!!!
Re: Help! What Could Have Been The Problem? by Zeta(m): 9:58pm On Jan 10, 2008
@poster
Stuff like a good looking girl to experience true love with, usually start in circumstances that won't require much effort.You just have to wait.
chairman, forget her.
Re: Help! What Could Have Been The Problem? by iceland(m): 11:15am On Jan 11, 2008
You guys don't get it! this guys was not at his desk.the guy was outside his office,i wonder if some of u can't read!The babe was not smiling at this guy ,the girl was amused by her thoughts,and the guy thought otherwise.that's why the lady was kind of ,frowning(she was not smiling at him)read the story again and see where he made a mistake!!!!!!!!!.haba!
habumaks:

I was sitting in front of my office (which happens to be facing the main street) a couple of days back playing with my phone when suddenly there was this girl (a very pretty girl) passing by. When our eyes met she smiled at me and that i believe (or thought?) was an invitation for me to make a move which i did. Now the issue is when i said "hello, excuse me please" and did not make any move to stand (eventhough she was coming towards where i was sitting) then suddenly her expression changed. Although i did not actually get what she was saying (murmuring) but the expression on her face told me this: "who are you to expect me to come and meet you there?"

The expression was not like you thot,she WAS NOT SMILING AT U.u wish u she was!she was murmuring"hey guy i aint ur class man!i aint smilling at u dont get near me!"
Re: Help! What Could Have Been The Problem? by habumaks(m): 11:41am On Jan 11, 2008
Mr. Iceland
The way you are just attacking me nawa o, and you said i shudnt take it personal. wetin be your own sef. I need ladies view not yours. Sorry to disappoint you but i met her again and the story has changed and i will keep the ladies posted NOT you or Adax. I chcked on your profile and was disappointed at what i saw. I thought you were finer than i am. And you know what? the answer to the text under your pix in your profile is "NO!!! you are not. tongue tongue
Re: Help! What Could Have Been The Problem? by habumaks(m): 1:03pm On Jan 11, 2008
@Iceland

You have to read my post again. i said she smiled when ours met. i didnt said she was smiling when she approaches me. You need to go read some book man! grin grin
Re: Help! What Could Have Been The Problem? by habumaks(m): 1:05pm On Jan 11, 2008
our eyes
Re: Help! What Could Have Been The Problem? by Adax(m): 1:45pm On Jan 11, 2008
She probably smiled just to be polite, not that she really fancied a nerd looking guy like you.
Re: Help! What Could Have Been The Problem? by habumaks(m): 3:15pm On Jan 11, 2008
@ Adax

I wanted to reply your last post but i discovered this: (January 06, 2008, 04:18 PM) thats exactly the time Mr. Seun did you a favour by accepting your registration on this forum. Now i know i am wasting my valuable time reading your post , new user. grin grin grin
Re: Help! What Could Have Been The Problem? by habumaks(m): 3:57pm On Jan 11, 2008
@ Adax & Iceland

There is orientation goin' on in this section for new users members most especially those of January 2008 (New Members))
Re: Help! What Could Have Been The Problem? by Bestglo(f): 5:54pm On Jan 11, 2008
no fighting guys
@ poster
next time,u should know how 2 give us the respect we deserve
Re: Help! What Could Have Been The Problem? by Nobody: 10:51am On Jan 12, 2008
@poster, ok so you were IN FRONT of your office/desk but the principal and the point are still applicable. You should have approached her. If you are going to try and hit on someone then you should literally move in that direction. Standing there and expecting to be approached gives off the impression that you feel that the chick is beneath you and not worth your effort of even stepping forward to say hi.

(1) (Reply)

Jokes Apart, Am I Wrong? / My Boyfriend Is A Drug Peddler! / We Both Love Each Other

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.