Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,765 members, 7,945,381 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 03:55 PM

Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? (10091 Views)

Is It Wrong To Have Sex After Taking Holy Communion In Church Today? / Simple Tips On How To Avoid Becoming Just A Friend & Get Her To Want You Sexualy / Why Do Broke Men Expect Women To Want Romance Without Finance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Bhola(f): 3:10am On Apr 14, 2006
No, there ain't nothing wrong with wanting a rich man.

I for one can't marry a poor man. It is important that i marry/co-habitate with a rich man. I can not respect someone I make more than. and i do make a good amount. the first question i ask the guys that come up to me, is how much do u make? if he is not in the high six digit range, he shld keep it moving. that's just me! cheesy cheesy
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Nobody: 3:58am On Apr 14, 2006
I am calling you OLE , [2face idibia]
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Bhola(f): 4:03am On Apr 14, 2006
no i am not, just know what i want!
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by mokwuosa(f): 4:15am On Apr 14, 2006
I question whether we have become so shallow as to believe that when a woman says that she wants a rich man, she is only seeking a man that will take care of her and provide her with a lifestyle that only money can buy.  Can a woman not want a "rich" man who is of her caliber, without being considered a "gold digger."

Hypo: Female executive of a top accounting firm, grossing a yearly salary of $300k.  She is educated with a few degrees from highly respected universities, well accomplished portfolio, and outstanding achievements.  She seeks a man who is rightly successful and financially well accomplished.  Does such a request constitute her as being a "gold digger?"

I truly don't understand this saddened perception and misconception that when a woman desires to marry a wealthy man she is only seeking his pockets and not his heart.  There are a multitude of reasons why marrying a rich man goes beyond the material aspect, and deeper into the compatability arena.
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Nobody: 5:55am On Apr 14, 2006
If his pockets wasnt the primary thing on her mind, trust me, she wont call him "rich". Rich ppl dont "wonder" whether they shd marry another "rich" person.
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by mokwuosa(f): 5:59am On Apr 14, 2006
Gridlock:

Rich people don't "wonder" whether they should marry another "rich" person.

I believe you are mistaken on that, rich always like to marry rich. Besides, it is not about looking at the pockets, it is simply an added quality about the person you want.
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Orikinla(m): 10:37am On Apr 14, 2006
Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man?
NO.
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Blade: 2:37pm On Apr 14, 2006
All you gold seeking bitches better go to the mines and stop explaining your puttin a fella down with some lame ass excuse of successful, ambitious, comfortable bullshit. You see a bro tryin to make it you don't give a face but when you see some rich nigga you've seen your mr. right that's why you'll get treated like crap cos his money is paying to get your ass
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by mokwuosa(f): 2:40pm On Apr 14, 2006
Blade:

All you gold seeking bitches better go to the mines and stop explaining your puttin a fella down with some lame ass excuse of successful, ambitious, comfortable bullshit. You see a bro tryin to make it you don't give a face but when you see some rich nigga you've seen your mr. right that's why you'll get treated like crap because his money is paying to get your ass

Sounds like someone is bitter. What let me guess, someone dissed you for a rich man?
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Blade: 2:51pm On Apr 14, 2006
No ma'am, i'm just looking out for your sorry asses. I AM A RICH MAN
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by mokwuosa(f): 3:01pm On Apr 14, 2006
Blade:

No ma'am, I'm just looking out for your sorry asses. I AM A RICH MAN

Then why would you consider a woman to be "sorry" just simply because she desires a certain type of man. If that is the case all persons who seek certain attributes or qualities in a person is sorry. Would you prefer a woman who is educated, employed, and aware of what she wants to do in life? If so, then would you consider yourself sorry?

You need to understand that there is a certain level where you get where you must tolerate other people's opinions and desires, irrespective of your own views.

As a "rich man" what type of women do you look for? Do you truly believe that all women are simply seeking a rich man so that they can stay at home and lay their feet up, while spending the man's hard earned money? Granted there are some woman who are like that--but not all. Therefore, do not come with preconceived judgments and accusations where you apparently lack a tone of respect for things that you do not know. Keep an open mind and you will find that the world operates in a more congenial manner when we respect other's views, without trying to degrade them.
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by dafman(m): 3:05pm On Apr 14, 2006
davidylan:

yeah, no wonder most of the girls i went to school with were not too bothered with their grades as we were. All they needed to do was "ask God" to give them a Rich (er sorry, successful and ambitious) man!
Poor guys can't ask for "ambitious" girls or rich ones either, they have to work their asses off for some chick to come in and reap where she did not sow. So she can divorce you at the drop of a hat and still be entitled to half of the things you slaved for years to achieve!
No wonder when i asked the girl i first got serious with what her future plans where after school all she could tell me was "go to my father's house and wait to get married!  

Little wonder most guys are marrying well into their 30s, no wonder many girls are finding it "difficult" to find a "good" man to marry. The word "good" now comes with being "rich" (sorry successful). May i ask the girls who want "rich" husbands what they are bringing to the marriage?
Themselves, two aged parents, 5 brothers and sisters and countless cousins, uncles and aunts? For one guy to take care of?

Marriage is all about genuine love (agape type that seeks what you can do for the other and not what they can do for u) and compromise! It is less about what he has in his pockets.

I won't advise my cousin to marry an unambitious pauper, i won't be advising her to include "must be rich" as a criteria either!
couldn't have said it better
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Blade: 3:12pm On Apr 14, 2006
thought you were looking for advice, suit yourself then, keep checkin out all the guys with 'rich' qualities. Don't say i didn't warn you
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by mokwuosa(f): 3:32pm On Apr 14, 2006
@ Blade

Believe me I don't mean any form of disrespect toward you, I'm simply saying that there are better ways to get across your views without sounding as if you are bashing another person's own.

Keep it lovely! kiss
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Orikinla(m): 8:25pm On Apr 14, 2006
Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Woman? grin

Please, all rich women may apply.
Closing date: May 27, 2006.
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by kimba(m): 7:59am On Apr 15, 2006
this is interesting,

I would rather see it from the definition/estimation of the "riches" and "success" , as in to what extent. Should the man have 5-cars, 3-houses, a 5-million naira investment, a Masters degree minimum educ. qual. etc?

or would you consider this: a descent man, car/no car, a decent apartment, a good job(with how much as salary, pls enumerate here <>wink, financially stable(one doesnt need to have bought a house in Maitama before he can be financially stable o), mature and loving, to be rich and successful?
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Ralex(m): 9:22pm On Apr 16, 2006
Seriously the bottom line in everything is what u can bring into it.

Wheather a woman wants to marry me out of money or love experienced has taught me that it is to be approached as a buisness deal.

If she brings nothing into the relationship (good company, good sex, children, e.t.c) there is no marriage.

Men, gone are the days when one marry out of love. Love is madness. Without your providing her what she wants; be it material comfort, emotional comfort, sexaul comfort, e.t.c love doesnt exisit. She will find that comfort elsewhere.

So every woman is RIGHT to want to marry a successful man so also the man is RIGHT to want to take some bites outside and expects her to stay @ home cleaning the nappies after all he pays for both!!

All the details of this marriage buisness must be worked out before it is signed (in a law court)
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by sage(m): 4:48am On Apr 17, 2006
Ralex:

Wheather a woman wants to marry me out of money or love experienced has taught me that it is to be approached as a buisness deal.

If she brings nothing into the relationship (good company, good sex, children, e.t.c) there is no marriage.

Men, gone are the days when one marry out of love. Love is madness. Without your providing her what she wants; be it material comfort, emotional comfort, sexaul comfort, e.t.c love doesnt exisit. She will find that comfort elsewhere.

So every woman is RIGHT to want to marry a successful man so also the man is RIGHT to want to take some bites outside and expects her to stay @ home cleaning the nappies after all he pays for both!!

All the details of this marriage buisness must be worked out before it is signed (in a law court)

Gbam. Bros u hit the nail on the head.

I dont know y people critisize girls who want very rich guyz. I believe itz a girls right. Nobody should disturb her peace. And when that money starts to attract other money loving bitches like her to the guy, i believe itz the guyz right to take any of those other bitches and smash, itz his money and he spent his life toiling 4 it. Without that money, all those bitches, including the one that he calls his wife would not be with him, so he could just take up anyother bitch he wants.

People should stop critisizing girls that want rich guyz, itz their choice to make
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Skidoc(m): 8:38am On Apr 17, 2006
sage:

I don't know y people critisize girls who want very rich guys. I believe itz a girls right. Nobody should disturb her peace. And when that money starts to attract other money loving bitches like her to the guy, i believe itz the guys right to take any of those other bitches and smash, itz his money and he spent his life toiling 4 it. Without that money, all those bitches, including the one that he calls his wife would not be with him, so he could just take up anyother bitch he wants.

grin grin grin So funny but true. cheesy
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by babymine(f): 9:47am On Apr 17, 2006
Anyway it all depends on the motive behind your wanting to marry a rich man. Hope I got that right? undecided grin cheesy
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Busta(f): 8:06pm On Apr 17, 2006
Don't see anything wrong with that,
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by kimba(m): 8:32pm On Apr 17, 2006
@Ralex

in short, rather than the normal
[size=20pt]"Do you?" - "I do"[/size]
it should now be:
[size=20pt]"Do you?" - I do, if"[/size]

note the "," while and the details of the[b] "if"[/b] must be very much documented for future referencing.

O boy, hope the goods that will be delivered as the result of the business deal wont arrive in containers!!!! Is your container at the port? grin grin
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by maki(f): 10:32am On Apr 18, 2006
"IF" is good

what is wrong wit marrying a rich man

abeg make i hear word, as if you wont choose if been given the chance

as for me i want a rich man's son (first and intelligent son)
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by jolie(f): 2:30pm On Apr 18, 2006
marrying for love is just not it. I am all for marrying a rich man cos the more the merrier. I have no intentions of being poor so i dont want no broke ass either to come and have a nice time on my ticket.

It's just not fun if you have to check your bank balance before you can catch a movie.
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by ono(m): 5:02pm On Apr 18, 2006
I think the word ''rich'' have to be properly defined in here for one to truly grasp the direction of this thread.

Does riches here means having a lot of money, much more than what Bill Gates have to offer, or just enough to take care of a woman's needs?
Does riches here applies to one who's endowed with such godly characters that he/she is a pleasant personality to be by.
Or, does it have to do with some form of personality traits that's appealing to a lady/man, such that you'd want to say: Is it right for one to marry someone who's rich in very good outward disposition?

Or, does this ''riches''embrace all that's written above.

Please clarify.
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by kulinkuli: 8:43pm On Apr 18, 2006
when i need to marry i'm gonna go pray like "all y'all gold diggin hoes. Die!"
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by ramono(m): 10:23pm On Apr 18, 2006
The quest of many young ladies for rich men can lead them into very uncomfortable circumstances. A rich man who knows you're after his wealth is more likely to have extramarital affairs. I once had a neighbour like this who when confronted by his wife , rebuked her for being greedy nd not allowing him to share his wealth with other ladies. Apart from that, once they get used to the rich lifestyle, they begin to see that all that glitters is no gold.

The trend now is for these ladies to overlook and even sometimes dump young and upcoming men for rich men, a situation tagged in Yoruba as 'ojukokoro'. More often than not, these young men have their destiny around the corner.

It's up to the ladies to try to discern and pray for the best.
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Free(f): 1:11am On Apr 19, 2006
blah blah blah blah blah , grin grin cheesy
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by maki(f): 11:00am On Apr 19, 2006
bla bla bla bla bla bla

to all the broke @$$ed brothers
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by babymine(f): 11:59am On Apr 19, 2006
@ Maki

Na wa oh! grin cheesy grin
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by babymine(f): 12:01pm On Apr 19, 2006
Shouts:  Marry for[b] LOVE[/b] not money!! Make the money together so you'll enjoy it together!!  grin  cheesy  grin  Runs to safety, smiles and waves
Re: Is It Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by maki(f): 12:33pm On Apr 19, 2006
B-U-L-L-S-H-*-*-T

HOW MANY WOMEN ENJOY THE MONEY WITH THEIR HUSBANDS AFTER

SUFFERING WITH THEM? angry

THEY JUST LEAVE THEM FOR 1 SMALL BIMBOO angry cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

King of Supplements / +18: How to Know the Size of a Man's Dick [Picture] / Sexuality Is NOT A Choice!! Why Won't Y'all Admit It! >:(

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.