Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,082 members, 7,880,376 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:05 PM

Visa Lottery Reveals Wife's Infidelity - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Visa Lottery Reveals Wife's Infidelity (10994 Views)

Wife's Infidelity; Please Advise. / ‘House Husbands’ More Prone To Infidelity –Study / Man, 35, Commits Suicide Over Wife's Infidelity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Visa Lottery Reveals Wife's Infidelity by Seun(m): 10:09am On Feb 25, 2008
visa lottery winners claiming to have kids must present DNA to prove the kids is theirs.
What if the kids were adopted? Surely Americans are familiar with the practice of child adoption?
Re: Visa Lottery Reveals Wife's Infidelity by kemlion(f): 10:16am On Feb 25, 2008
hi do call me
Re: Visa Lottery Reveals Wife's Infidelity by blacklion(m): 10:16am On Feb 25, 2008
its very much possible. i know people who brought over their nephews/nieces by presenting them as adopted kids. but just ask anyone who have been through that adoption process at the american embassy in lagos. the wahala is something else and its takes several months or even years. the adoptive parents based in us,will have to make at least 2 or 3 visits to naija to finalize the process. in fact, its even easier aply for a spouse visa than adopted kid. you will so spend money for officials of lagos state ministry of women's affairs and child development etc just to obtain the documents that the embassy demanded. then the usual embassy wahala
Re: Visa Lottery Reveals Wife's Infidelity by blacklion(m): 10:27am On Feb 25, 2008
kemlion:

hi do call me

kemlion,

no be you wey write this before -

Re: I Want An Honest Nigerian Lady Btwage21-31 For A Serious Date
« #4 on: February 05, 2008, 02:02 PM »

Quote from: zignor on February 05, 2008, 01:52 PM
lol . . . Grin Grin Grin
realy need a girl for romance will reside in north

which one u dey? your pix for ya profile dey show woman. but you dey talk above sey you need woman for romance for north?

you be lesbi? abi hermaphrodite? or yahooze?
Re: Visa Lottery Reveals Wife's Infidelity by osat02: 10:32am On Feb 25, 2008
That is pathetic, but one of the realities of our modern world. what else would the man do, shit happens, but God knows
Re: Visa Lottery Reveals Wife's Infidelity by Blatant: 10:44am On Feb 25, 2008
He he he he he he he!!!

E don happen!!!

In Nigeria especially, about 50% of children in any giving home do not belong to the "man" of the house. IF DNA tests were to be carried out on all children in Nigeria, it would be a national shocker to see what the results would be.

Let us just say that too much keeping of "night vigils" could be detrimental to most marriages.

You really think it is only in Nigeria?

Some of you hate Nigeria so much you would attribute any evil to the country cry
Re: Visa Lottery Reveals Wife's Infidelity by almondjoy(f): 10:53am On Feb 25, 2008
No body hates Nigeria please. It is called freedom of expression. I don't like some of your posts either, but could not be bothered with then! kiss

So live and let live!
Re: Visa Lottery Reveals Wife's Infidelity by jintujinta(m): 11:16am On Feb 25, 2008
Seun:

What if the kids were adopted? Surely Americans are familiar with the practice of child adoption?

Thier form would have shown that the children were adopted. I guess that at the point of adoption, some forms would be filled to take over the children from their homes. Such forms ought to be attached or presented at the point of querying the parenthood of the children. Adoption, yes. But there must also b a proof of adoption.
Re: Visa Lottery Reveals Wife's Infidelity by orisebawo(m): 11:59am On Feb 25, 2008
It also happened here in the UK, when an elderly couple wanted their son who had just finished school in Nigeria to join them in the UK and the authorities requested that the son goes thru a DNA test and the result showed the man wasn't the father, the son is about 25 years old and the couple are in their late fifties. The man was devastated but understanding but the son was much more devastated.
Re: Visa Lottery Reveals Wife's Infidelity by dee02(m): 1:44pm On Feb 25, 2008
@poster
if i was the husband
i would present all my documents together with the children that are mine secretly while assuring the woman i would take care of everyone, then i would get everyone to the airport under the pretence we are all travelling, from there i wld seperate the sand for the garri, i doubt the woman would want to raise an objection but if she does SATAN WOULD RAIN HELL FIRE ON HER HEAD

make all man carry him cross, the children get papa afterall, and if they wan travel, mke dem papa go win visa lottery or buy one at OLUWOLE, goodluck to them
Re: Visa Lottery Reveals Wife's Infidelity by emmydee(m): 2:23pm On Feb 25, 2008
Am not sure the story is true. It could be an imagination by the poster. But I know things like false paternity exists.
Re: Visa Lottery Reveals Wife's Infidelity by kalmebad(f): 3:35pm On Feb 25, 2008
No two ways to it, divorce is d answer here

For concealing and deceiving me all the years
its a betrayer of the highest order
, and the kids,i it will break my heart to kwn am not their biological father. Finito
Re: Visa Lottery Reveals Wife's Infidelity by holythug(m): 6:10pm On Feb 25, 2008
it cld happen, no b new tin o

i knw of 1 too
Re: Visa Lottery Reveals Wife's Infidelity by AH2MUCH: 6:29pm On Feb 25, 2008
female cheat and then a DNA is done an dia kids, BOOOM !!! what was done in the dark comes to light

Men cheat and . . . . !
too bad, i my nxt world i sure will be a man
Re: Visa Lottery Reveals Wife's Infidelity by seun001(m): 6:42pm On Feb 25, 2008
dee02:

@poster
if i was the husband
i would present all my documents together with the children that are mine secretly while assuring the woman i would take care of everyone, then i would get everyone to the airport under the pretence we are all travelling, from there i would seperate the sand for the garri, i doubt the woman would want to raise an objection but if she does SATAN WOULD RAIN HELL FIRE ON HER HEAD

make all man carry him cross, the children get papa afterall, and if they wan travel, mke them papa go win visa lottery or buy one at OLUWOLE, goodluck to them

and i suppose u have poisoned the children's mind for ur whole lifetime and lost the little u have done in their life to the winds.

@post,
i think the children will have to go to their rightful father cos the marriage is in shambles already.And also to save the children the agony of the betrayal.as for the mother,i believe it depends on the circumstances that led her into doing something like that.cos sometimes it just might be the husband that pushed her into it.but in the end,separation is the best bet for both parties.
Re: Visa Lottery Reveals Wife's Infidelity by babwilms(m): 7:33pm On Feb 25, 2008
I have witnessed such before in real life. These things do happen. I'm even thinking of doing a blood test each time I have a baby, just to make sure.
Re: Visa Lottery Reveals Wife's Infidelity by ifyalways(f): 8:01pm On Feb 25, 2008
. . . hmmmn things dey happen oooooooooooooh. undecided
marriage and cheating . sad
Re: Visa Lottery Reveals Wife's Infidelity by RichyBlacK(m): 1:38am On Feb 26, 2008
@blacklion,

I'm not saying that the zombies at the US embassy can't go against what they published on their website and so make DNA testing mandatory instead of voluntary. What troubles me is why they would be denied visa if the DNA of a child does not match that of the father but matches that of the mother. There are many possibilities here:

1. The woman cheated on the husband and got pregnant with the said child
2. The man is not really her husband but a boyfriend she wants to elope to America with
3. The woman divorced the biological father of the child and remarried to the said man
4. The child was adopted (it would be an unusual coincidence for the child's DNA to "match" that of the woman, except the biological mother of the child is an identical twin of the woman)

Why would they be denied visa on any of these grounds? sad
Re: Visa Lottery Reveals Wife's Infidelity by samix(m): 2:12am On Feb 26, 2008
RichyBlacK:

@blacklion,

I'm not saying that the zombies at the US embassy can't go against what they published on their website and so make DNA testing mandatory instead of voluntary. What troubles me is why they would be denied visa if the DNA of a child does not match that of the father but matches that of the mother. There are many possibilities here:

2. The man is not really her husband but a boyfriend she wants to elope to America with
3. The woman divorced the biological father of the child and remarried to the said man
4. The child was adopted (it would be an unusual coincidence for the child's DNA to "match" that of the woman, except the biological mother of the child is an identical twin of the woman)

u spoke well but the actual fact is that we nigerians are synonymous to abusing opportunities and privileges. i wouldn't blame the people at the embassy for any action they carry out in this case
Re: Visa Lottery Reveals Wife's Infidelity by blacklion(m): 2:45am On Feb 26, 2008
richy, u're right. it just that our people have really abused this visa lottery thingie very badly. i personally know of people who did the stuff i posted up there. its real sad that the innocent ones get punished for the misdeeds of others.
Re: Visa Lottery Reveals Wife's Infidelity by na2day2(m): 3:18am On Feb 26, 2008
GBAM! are u saying that most nigerian women are sluts? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked na question i ask ooooooo grin grin grin grin grin grin thats why nigerian girls in the usa dey fear me pass, because u can never tell wetin dem dey carry belong to u without a test.

almondjoy:

n Nigeria especially, about 50% of children in any giving home do not belong to the "man" of the house. IF DNA tests were to be carried out on all children in Nigeria, it would be a national shocker to see what the results would be.
Re: Visa Lottery Reveals Wife's Infidelity by Nobody: 8:41am On Feb 26, 2008
some of you talk the way you do cos u dont have kids - u havent rocked ur crying baby to sleep, fed her and watched her make a mess, helped her walk, helped her run, taught her her letters, felt ur heart constrict when she said 'dada' the first time, soothed many scraped knees, cleaned many baseless tears, but had to take her doll as seriously as she would, followed her progress, have her break your heart and still be your source of joy, want to give her everything you have if u think it'll make her happy, or successful,

only to be told she isnt your daughter after 25 years of being the no 1 man in her life with all the attendant responsibilities. it's not as simple as return her to her father. i tell u even if she's a trouble kid, you will be torn as to whther to return her to her father who didnt quarrel with her over the second ear-piercing or the tattoo on her shoulder. he doesn't even know her favorite flavor of icecream. believe me, if you're a reasonable man by nature, you'll get over it for the sake of the love u have for that kid. it wont be the same with the woman, but people have been known to make even greater sacrifices for the ones they love. dont be quick to push people away, is my philosophy about relationships and friendships.

the woman on her part now needs to come totally clean and pray very hard that she wont lose her long years of investment in that marriage. how they will recover from that sour, only God can tell.
Re: Visa Lottery Reveals Wife's Infidelity by jintujinta(m): 9:55am On Feb 26, 2008
RichyBlacK:

@blacklion,

This is simple. They would be denied VISA on false declaration. If you make a mistake with your names, date of birth or any information for that matter, embassies see it as fraud. Ask those who have been going on many rounds. You can be refused on false claims. Even if it is your salary/income.

However if the form had indicated that the children were adopted, there wouldn't have been any problem. The adoption form would have shown that. Another point is that if they claim that the husband is not the father of the child, they will want a letter of consent from the real father, that his child should be taken abroad. You see, there are laid down procedures for these things.
Re: Visa Lottery Reveals Wife's Infidelity by blacklion(m): 10:02am On Feb 26, 2008
its so bad that i know of someone who applied for visa lottery with keloid scars on his cheek. after submitting his lottery application with his passport photos, he later had the keloid removed by a plastic surgeon in dubai. can you believe that when the visa lottery notification came, he was rejected by the us embassy as a fraudster DESPITE presenting medical documents and letters from his doctors in naija and dubai? the guy was totally shattered
Re: Visa Lottery Reveals Wife's Infidelity by klas(m): 10:18am On Feb 26, 2008
Na by force dem they go foreign land? If they dont want you there, stay in your country. At least you dont need DNA to be called a Nigerian.
Re: Visa Lottery Reveals Wife's Infidelity by ejormilla: 11:32am On Feb 26, 2008
I dont think that the marriage will hold , ever again !
Re: Visa Lottery Reveals Wife's Infidelity by tulk2mi: 11:46am On Feb 26, 2008
For me, it will be difficult to continue the relationship with my wife cos the foundation of our relationship (trust) has hit the rocks. Even if i say i 4give her could i eva 4get? cos even wen she goes to the loo, my mind will be suspecting her and thats no relationship. Secondly, i will begin to wonder how many other lies or secret she's been keeping 4rm me.

For d children, i blive they have rite to know the identity of the real father, so i will ask my wife to reveal the real father of the children and subsequently inform him ( dats if him no already know) so dat we can settle amicably the custody rite. cos u cant deny the children the opportunity to establish a realtionship with their father but they will always be welcomed in my home if they want to stay but with the consent of all parties involved.
Re: Visa Lottery Reveals Wife's Infidelity by VICTOFX(m): 12:17pm On Feb 26, 2008
first he should try to know the number of children that are his, and after that he should instruct the woman to take the other children to their fathers respectively cos it is very possible for the pther children too to belong to different men.
after that, if he thinks he can still cope with the dirty woman then he should travel with her.and if he cant, he should just travle with her because of the permit and on geting there, they should both part ways. cool
Re: Visa Lottery Reveals Wife's Infidelity by creamdream: 1:51pm On Feb 26, 2008
debate
Re: Visa Lottery Reveals Wife's Infidelity by kemiluv(f): 2:42pm On Feb 26, 2008
na wa o, see how the men especially are quick to judge the woman!

am not saying cheating is right under any guise at all but lets look at things this way, alot of men cheat on their wives, they have affairs and some lead into having children by other women BUT the woman at home (if she gets to know) is expected to accept the news in good faith and keep loving the man! See, the feelings are all the same , a woman feels hurt and alot of distrust for her man if she finds out about his infidelity BUT for the sake of the children and everything else , she's expected to remain in the marriage?! A man , however, is expected to 'put away the LovePeddler'! No one is above mistakes , we all pray to be able to avoid temptations when they come but we should be ready to forgive the ones we profess to love when it really matters!

In as much as I agree that its not the fault of the children, the man still owes it as a duty to them (d children) to find out who their biological father is and their biological father wants to be a part of their lives. If the man isn't interested in claiming paternity , then he can keep on as their father, afterall its not only your biological children that can call you 'daddy' (some of us call our pastors 'daddy' ke!). Who knows , the children might turn out to be the best out of all his kids!
Re: Visa Lottery Reveals Wife's Infidelity by BabsO2(m): 6:53pm On Feb 26, 2008
Is DNA test 100% correct ?

I don't think that amount of immorality exist.
Re: Visa Lottery Reveals Wife's Infidelity by banni: 6:59pm On Feb 26, 2008
This is why you go check before you open leg.
Women need to worry espically in Nigeria.Man who no trust the child is his does not even need permission like abroad but can take the child sample and sent it off for test.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should Homosexuals Be Allowed to Raise Children? / Enhance Your Sexual Performance With Samsu Oil For Men / Should I Be Worried ? See What My Daughter Did (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.