Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,291 members, 7,971,050 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 08:42 PM

Diezani Alison-Madueke's Convoy Kills Journalist In Abuja - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Diezani Alison-Madueke's Convoy Kills Journalist In Abuja (15708 Views)

See A Photo Of Diezani Alison-Madueke's Mother Who's Linked To Diezani's Looting / Diezani Alison-Madueke Released On Bail - TVC News / Diezani Alison-madueke’s Neighbours Relieved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke's Convoy Kills Journalist In Abuja by Fidelcruiz(m): 12:07pm On Sep 14, 2012
ifebosco: The Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) FCT Council, has expressed sadness over the death of Mr. James Momoh of Abuja based Pilot Newspapers.

Momoh was knocked down by the convoy of the Minister of Petroleum, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke, along Nicon Junction, Maitama, late Wednesday evening on his way from work.

Reports indicated that Momoh was taken to the NNPC hospital where he later gave up the ghost after the incident.

In a statement by the Chairman of Council, Comrade Chuks Ehirim, described the death of Momoh, a production staff with the newspaper, as avoidable and unfortunate.

According to Ehirim, the tragic death of Momoh brings to fore the recklessness of government convoys and their absolute disregard for traffic rules and other road users.

The NUJ FCT chairman lamented that the minister has not demonstrated any concern and human feeling for the deceased by reaching out to his relatives. He said she was rather more bothered about protecting her image.

Ehirim warned that the union will not fold its arms and watch government officials treat human lives with levity and called for proper investigation into the matter as well as proper compensation for the bereaved family.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/09/13/oil-minister-diezanis-convoy-kills-nigerian-
This is total negligence of the lives of the citizens. She should be made to pay heavy prize for this as a lesson to others. We heard about this one because it happened to one of the media officials who can always voice out there opinions. We couldn't have known if it had happened to ordinary passas by. Nigeria needs to be restructured to accommodate every level in the society. If I may ask, what is she doing with reckless convoy in FCT?
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke's Convoy Kills Journalist In Abuja by tpapi: 12:08pm On Sep 14, 2012
jonnycheddars:

Definition of convoy
noun;
a group of ships or vehicles
travelling together, typically one
accompanied by armed troops,
warships, or other vehicles for
protection.
Minister shld take a bus?.......its a question u Zap.i.n re.tar.d. Didn't ask for definition of convoy.
thank u educatin dat sa dist
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke's Convoy Kills Journalist In Abuja by yohannazack(m): 12:42pm On Sep 14, 2012
Its unfortunate for what happened. Accidents can happen to anybody, anywhere and at anytime. But i hav a problem wit the rate at which our leaders's convoy speed, with no regard to any nigerian plying the same roads, unfortunately, so far its only a deputy governor dat died in accident. The rest are either the press crew of the governors or of the minister. I want to blame it all on this politicians because they can call their drivers to order. I was listenin to raypower in abuja, when they conducted a survey. The finding was that the former defence minister, gen. (rtd) T.Y. Danjuman was the most humble minister so far, and that he always observes traffic rules, he always command his driver to stop traffic light says stop, just like every other nigerians is expected to do. I think it will be a good thin if our leaders will obey every laws of the land jst the way they expect us to do. May the gentle souls of the deceased REST IN PEACE.
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke's Convoy Kills Journalist In Abuja by Godogwu: 12:59pm On Sep 14, 2012
jonnycheddars:
In the Western World from where we imported Democracy,if the power grid collapses,the energy minister resigns. If trains derail,the transportation minister resigns. Do you know why? RESPONSIBILITY. You are responsible for the actions of your subordinates(Q.E.D)

Dude, her ministerial duties have nothing to do with the driver. He was probably hired and assigned to her by the federal government.

1 Like

Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke's Convoy Kills Journalist In Abuja by ariy(m): 12:59pm On Sep 14, 2012
Rossikk: Does the actual driver who knocked down the person get to answer any questions?? undecided undecided

Strange how everyone's going for the minister.
the driver is responsible for the action...manslaughter
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke's Convoy Kills Journalist In Abuja by Godogwu: 1:16pm On Sep 14, 2012
stagger:

Shut up your stupid mouth!

Are you blind to see how drivers of government officials in Nigeria drive like demented freaks? Donald Etiebet ordered his driver to knock a disabled beggar off the road in the 90s when he was a minister. So what the hell are you talking about?

Make I no use PHCN annoyance wey dey my body swear for you this morning! angry angry angry

"Donald Etiebet ordered his driver to knock a disabled beggar off the road in the 90s ".....please find a way and pay your bill because this alone shows your thought process is not of this century.
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke's Convoy Kills Journalist In Abuja by cdamsel(f): 1:29pm On Sep 14, 2012
sw: Does ministers use convoy in Nigeria?
u sure u dey dis country?even LG chairmen have convoy,igwe dey get convoy,pastors dey get convoy nt 2 talk of minister.just ve up 2 5cars & d convoy parade begins
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke's Convoy Kills Journalist In Abuja by odehaj: 1:37pm On Sep 14, 2012
Mr. Globe:
WoW. RIP. Mr. clueless Gej has refused to sack this his bedmate she goes about feeling like the first lady. who else can survive an oil subsidy scandal without being sacked!

I hope the Family of the journalist and NUJ together will sue her for 100 billion Naira and win
when another administration come they will probe her of d subsidy largesse even after 10yrs.Anyway RIP newspaper man.
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke's Convoy Kills Journalist In Abuja by tyle(m): 1:50pm On Sep 14, 2012
Now that women ocuppy only 35% in power, we witness this. What will happen if they occupy up to 70% in power?
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke's Convoy Kills Journalist In Abuja by Rastamann: 2:10pm On Sep 14, 2012
Animals in human skin!
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke's Convoy Kills Journalist In Abuja by TalkingBird: 2:20pm On Sep 14, 2012
tinkinjo: Like all other accidents on Nigerian roads this could've been avoided. When an accident involve a vehicle and a pedestrian on the road aside at a zebra crossing or on a pedestrian walk, it's always the pedestrian that takes the blame.
Many questions need be answered for one to make an informed comment.

Majority of Nigerian drivers do not respect zebra crossing. I have tried it a couple of times. I wonder if they even know what the zebra crossing is meant for.
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke's Convoy Kills Journalist In Abuja by DExplorer1: 2:33pm On Sep 14, 2012
Rossikk: Does the actual driver who knocked down the person get to answer any questions?? undecided undecided

Strange how everyone's going for the minister.
I endorse this post
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke's Convoy Kills Journalist In Abuja by DExplorer1: 2:34pm On Sep 14, 2012
Demdem: Why must a minister even have a convoy in the first place angry angry
I denounce this post
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke's Convoy Kills Journalist In Abuja by wabterry(m): 2:57pm On Sep 14, 2012
I like Dieziani only because of that her eyes. its so charming. i wonder why u guys are jealous of that eye, by calling it frog eye.
But i dont support the killing of the innocent journalist.
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke's Convoy Kills Journalist In Abuja by SkyRider1(m): 3:19pm On Sep 14, 2012
Our government officials can ride all the vehicles they can lay their hands on but alas they should not maim their subjects.

They should contain their aides. Lest they are liable to the folly of their overzealous and lawless aides..
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke's Convoy Kills Journalist In Abuja by aukasa: 3:37pm On Sep 14, 2012
lacasa:

[True Talk

With †ђat her frog eyes

If not fσr d eeediot we ave as president Ђδω will ms frog eyes eeva smell dat office

Nigeria is a failed state]

@Lacasa and others. Please stop insulting her,she is her natural self and God almighty made her so, don't insult her eyes as you will be indirectly our creator,I don't know where our youths(African/Nigerian) have suddenly become abusive to the extent of insulting the almighty creator indirectly, these same people will not tolerate the slightest scrutiny of them or their supposed heroes/heroine. Please if you have your personal grudge with anybody try to sort it out with them in person rather than take advantage of the anonymity of this forum to poor insults.

If you claim Nigeria is a failed state,then be assured that your insults cannot make it better.
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke's Convoy Kills Journalist In Abuja by Demdem(m): 4:15pm On Sep 14, 2012
D-Explorer:

I denounce this post

and who are u? does it make any difference?
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke's Convoy Kills Journalist In Abuja by jonnycheddars(m): 4:27pm On Sep 14, 2012
ndcide:

I guess you didn't get his point. You don't resign simply because people want you to resign. in the case of George, it could be seen as security inefficiency in a government he preside over. he didn't resign nether did other security chiefs.remember his office was also a target.

I guess u both share a brain. The crux of my statement "You are responsible for the action of your subordinates". Did i ever say Ms. Alison-Madueke should resign? Gosh!
Irresponsible Nigerians. Be responsible!
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke's Convoy Kills Journalist In Abuja by jonnycheddars(m): 4:35pm On Sep 14, 2012
Godogwu:

Dude, her ministerial duties have nothing to do with the driver. He was probably hired and assigned to her by the federal government.

1. Read the post again.
2. Look up subordinates and responsibility.
Thank you.
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke's Convoy Kills Journalist In Abuja by Godogwu: 5:53pm On Sep 14, 2012
jonnycheddars:

1. Read the post again.
2. Look up subordinates and responsibility.
Thank you.

Please man just tell me in plain colors what you want to happen or what you feel is right that should happen now, the pedestrian is dead already so?
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke's Convoy Kills Journalist In Abuja by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 14, 2012
Everyday is for the thieve but one day is for the owner. The thieves in this case are the so called people in government and the owners are Nigerians! I await the inevitable revolution when Nigerians simply have no other choice but to stand up and say enough is enough!!!
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke's Convoy Kills Journalist In Abuja by OniJohn: 6:27pm On Sep 14, 2012
God save us from this blood sucken leaders of ours o, those who are meant to be custodians of law, justice and equity, na wa 4 Naija, may God grant him eternal repose
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke's Convoy Kills Journalist In Abuja by Clemzy16(m): 10:25pm On Sep 14, 2012
I hope they won't sweep this under the carpet as usual.
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke's Convoy Kills Journalist In Abuja by Nobody: 11:31pm On Sep 14, 2012
Mr. Globe:

Arevyou fu.c.king kidding me. whats the ministry's business

Before nko Is she paying from her pocket. No be our money dem dey squander. The report says she is preoccupied with protecting her image(so think of her pocket).
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke's Convoy Kills Journalist In Abuja by Nobody: 11:35pm On Sep 14, 2012
Demdem: Why must a minister even have a convoy in the first place angry angry

I wonder what they do with convoys. Anyway they are conveying our collective money.
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke's Convoy Kills Journalist In Abuja by Nobody: 11:40pm On Sep 14, 2012
sw: Does ministers use convoy in Nigeria?

Even political touts use convoy. Children of politicians do too. There is a governor whose son uses convoy and chases people around whereever he goes.
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke's Convoy Kills Journalist In Abuja by jonnycheddars(m): 8:47am On Sep 15, 2012
Godogwu:

Please man just tell me in plain colors what you want to happen or what you feel is right that should happen now, the pedestrian is dead already so?

Wow! You are the first person that has asked a reasonable question. Our Presidents and government officials go abroad and their convoy maintain speed limits and stop at red lights. Back home,same drivers of these convoys drive with brazen recklessness and the "convoy master/mistress" do not caution them to drive like they do when they travel abroad. The Masters are responsible for their road kills and car crashes.
If actually the Petroleum Minister's driver ran over the late journalist(it could be so or just sensational journalism,their are two different stories) whether he was jaywalkin or not, i'm not demanding(can i do that?) she resigns. Its a tragic incident. Responsibility demands visiting the family,an apology,some compensation(that is if she hasn't already done all these) and CAUTION your drivers!. Whether outriders or car drivers,they MUST obey traffic laws. Nigerians are not barbarians!
Also,Journalists should work within the ambits of professional ethics. If getting the news is a do or die affair,i'd rather join the Army(i am not blaming the dead journalist,this is just an advice for the living).
I hope this puts a cap as to what RESPONSIBILITY is? If she feels its a moral justification to resign,..hey! Prof. Barth Nnaji did recently.
God bless Nigeria!
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke's Convoy Kills Journalist In Abuja by xtra84: 7:50pm On Sep 15, 2012
greaterlove:
what do u mean by protecting her image? didnt you also read that the nnpc has taken steps to reach the family of the deceased? judge wisely my friend, hear from the two parties involved before jumping into conclusions.
wuna being dey wait for boko haram respond before jumping into any rubish u c on nl muntula...
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke's Convoy Kills Journalist In Abuja by femmical(m): 9:51pm On Sep 15, 2012
May God punish her...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

General Buhari Campaigned For 4 Weeks And Rested For 15 Days – Governor Fayose / I'm Managing Spinal Cord Ailment, Not Part Of Your Suit OlisaMetuh Tells Sheriff / Osinbajo In Kebbi To Commission 120,000 Metric Tone Per Year WACOT Rice Mill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.