Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,938 members, 7,922,312 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 12:54 AM

Food Items You Can Travel With From Nigeria To Europe, Most Especially Italy - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Food Items You Can Travel With From Nigeria To Europe, Most Especially Italy (2739 Views)

44 Countries You Can Travel To With No Visa From Nigeria. / **top Ten Items You Must Bring With You To Naija** / You Can Travel To Switzerland From Uk If You Hold >=6 Months Valid Leave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Food Items You Can Travel With From Nigeria To Europe, Most Especially Italy by bossman4: 11:34pm On Sep 13, 2012
Hello. I am billed to travel to Italy in a couple of days. Are there prohibited food items? I actually planned to take along fried meat, ground nut and beans so as to take care of the first few days before aclimatisation.

Good advice will be appreciated.
Re: Food Items You Can Travel With From Nigeria To Europe, Most Especially Italy by Isaactop9(m): 11:44pm On Sep 13, 2012
bag of garri, bottle of groundnut and carton of sugar.
Re: Food Items You Can Travel With From Nigeria To Europe, Most Especially Italy by Davedavy: 8:41am On Sep 14, 2012
boss-man:
Hello. I am billed to travel to Italy in a couple of days. Are there prohibited food items? I actually planned to take along fried meat, ground nut and beans so as to take care of the first few days before aclimatisation.

Good advice will be appreciated.

Meat, dairy and other animal products are not allowed into the EU from countries outside the EU.Moreover,meats are very cheap in Europe,you really dont need to bring it.I believe there should be no problem in bringing in beans and groundnuts though.My mum often bring me foodstuffs like egunsi powder,beans powder,gari,pundo yam,okro whenever she comes visiting.So i believe you will be fine bringing in those ones.It is better if you can get them in retail packages,that way the custom officers wont have problems identifying them.

1 Like

Re: Food Items You Can Travel With From Nigeria To Europe, Most Especially Italy by bossman4: 9:20am On Sep 14, 2012
Davedavy:

Meat, dairy and other animal products are not allowed into the EU from countries outside the EU.Moreover,meats are very cheap in Europe,you really dont need to bring it.I believe there should be no problem in bringing in beans and groundnuts though.My mum often bring me foodstuffs like egunsi powder,beans powder,gari,pundo yam,okro whenever she comes visiting.So i believe you will be fine bringing in those ones.It is better if you can get them in retail packages,that way the custom officers wont have problems identifying them.

Thanks bro. This really will help

(1) (Reply)

Fatal Accident Along Akure-Owo Road, Passengers Burnt Beyond Recognition(photos) / America Is Not What You Think It Is - Steve Harvey Tells African Wanted To Move / Nigerians Suspend Travel Plans To US, Europe As Economy Tickets Hit N2.2m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.