Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,608 members, 7,944,804 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 04:38 AM

Ex-Minister Emmanuel Ihenacho Arrested For Oil Theft - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-Minister Emmanuel Ihenacho Arrested For Oil Theft (18036 Views)

PDP Chieftain Criticizes Buhari Over Allocation Of N39.4bn For Oil Exploration / Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters / Ex-Minister's Son Dies In Power Bike Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex-Minister Emmanuel Ihenacho Arrested For Oil Theft by AZeD1(m): 10:18am On Sep 15, 2012
jmaine:

I take it that you have no further questions . . .Thanks for your time . . . .
One more question...
Mend murdered people, Boko haram is also murdering people(on a larger scale though).
Is there any reason to kill another human being except in the case of self defence?
Re: Ex-Minister Emmanuel Ihenacho Arrested For Oil Theft by Ninapha(f): 10:32am On Sep 15, 2012
jmaine:

All vices in their armed struggle with the FG for obvious reasons of marginalization . . . .And the amnesty wipes all of that away for obvious gains in the Oil industry . .

Debating the morality of giving him a contract is anothing entirely . .but here, he delivered on what he is been paid to do . . .catch oil thieves . .and he did just that precisely . . .
. No, i disagree wit u. Tompolo has only achieved what he was instructed to do. 'Indict Ihenacho' that ends his job, he is PDP's conman. Ihenacho is more honourable than eve GEJ. Go study the life and time of the three men. Iheanacho, GEJ and Tompolo and decide who to work with. We all know its Ihediora and Kema. When pple sell their conscience for politcal gain, dats what u hv.
Re: Ex-Minister Emmanuel Ihenacho Arrested For Oil Theft by jmaine: 10:37am On Sep 15, 2012
A-ZeD:

One more question...
Mend murdered people, Boko haram is also murdering people(on a larger scale though).
Is there any reason to kill another human being except in the case of self defence?

People lost their lives which is bad in all ramifications . .but those who lost their lives during MEND struggles were collateral damage . .sadly so . .

MEND set out to either destroy oil installations or thwart political gatherings . .with the later being the obvious reasons for major casualties. . . . .and they even issue warnings on what they seek to achieve with the later . . .

MEND have never been known to set out deliberately to target & murder people . . . . . Can you say that about BH . . . .

MEND reasons for an armed struggle was clear,concise & Justified, which sadly led to an avoidable demise of innocents ( very few ) . . . .

Now, what is the reason for BH killing thousands & still killing for no obvious tenable reasons ? Mind giving us insight . . . .

Over to you . . . .
Re: Ex-Minister Emmanuel Ihenacho Arrested For Oil Theft by jmaine: 10:39am On Sep 15, 2012
Ninapha: . No, i disagree wit u. Tompolo has only achieved what he was instructed to do. 'Indict Ihenacho' that ends his job, he is PDP's conman. Ihenacho is more honourable than eve GEJ. Go study the life and time of the three men. Iheanacho, GEJ and Tompolo and decide who to work with. We all know its Ihediora and Kema. When pple sell their conscience for politcal gain, dats what u hv.

Just one question for you . . .Do you strongly believe Ihenacho is innocent . . .Yes / No . .

The above should guide our next discussion . . .
Re: Ex-Minister Emmanuel Ihenacho Arrested For Oil Theft by PastorOla1: 10:44am On Sep 15, 2012
Money for 2015,campaign, this is how it will come.
Re: Ex-Minister Emmanuel Ihenacho Arrested For Oil Theft by nduchucks: 10:50am On Sep 15, 2012
Like Ihenacho like Nnaji. Birds of a feather.
Re: Ex-Minister Emmanuel Ihenacho Arrested For Oil Theft by AZeD1(m): 11:16am On Sep 15, 2012
jmaine:

Just one question for you . . .Do you strongly believe Ihenacho is innocent . . .Yes / No . .

Ihenacho is guilty.
As for the boko haram, Mend issue, i feel both are criminal organisations and mend used fighting for 'their rights' as a cover up for their bunkering activities. Boko haram are just a bunch of idiots.
Re: Ex-Minister Emmanuel Ihenacho Arrested For Oil Theft by Ninapha(f): 11:27am On Sep 15, 2012
jmaine:

. Yes untill proven otherwise. Its still an accuation. I am not anti GEJ but sure we know its all PDP antics. 'U go down if u dont agree wit us policy' anymore question?
Re: Ex-Minister Emmanuel Ihenacho Arrested For Oil Theft by jmaine: 11:31am On Sep 15, 2012
A-ZeD:

Ihenacho is guilty.
As for the boko haram, Mend issue, i feel both are criminal organisations and mend used fighting for 'their rights' as a cover up for their bunkering activities. Boko haram are just a bunch of idiots.

Yes they deviated into criminality, but not as a cover cos it went side by side with their struggle. They simply saw an opportunity to steal and make more money, thereby lashing unto it full time grin . . . . . .

I quite agree with your post anyway wink
Re: Ex-Minister Emmanuel Ihenacho Arrested For Oil Theft by AZeD1(m): 11:36am On Sep 15, 2012
jmaine:

Yes they deviated into criminality, but not as a cover cos it went side by side with their struggle. They simply saw an opportunity to steal and make more money, thereby lashing unto it full time grin . . . . . .

I quite agree with your post anyway wink
As for the bolded true talk... When i was doing my bsc, i told my friends if cultist could kill people, why not kill them and use them for blood money. It would be terrible to suffer on earth and in hell.
Re: Ex-Minister Emmanuel Ihenacho Arrested For Oil Theft by jmaine: 11:42am On Sep 15, 2012
Ninapha: . Yes untill proven otherwise. Its still an accuation. I am not anti GEJ but sure we know its all PDP antics. 'U go down if u dont agree wit us policy' anymore question?

Yes, i know your not an anti GEJ wink. . . . An average Naija politician has dubious secrets . . .and blackmail is not only a function of Naija politics . .it happens every where . . .

Still doesn't negate the fact he made himself liable and exposed to attack by indulging in crude product thefts . . . .if we are to accept your blackmail theory . . .

One sentence . . .He got made, cos i strongly believe he is guilty until proven otherwise by the court grin . . . .
Re: Ex-Minister Emmanuel Ihenacho Arrested For Oil Theft by jmaine: 11:44am On Sep 15, 2012
A-ZeD:

As for the bolded true talk... When i was doing my bsc, i told my friends if cultist could kill people, why not kill them and use them for blood money. It would be terrible to suffer on earth and in hell.

grin
Re: Ex-Minister Emmanuel Ihenacho Arrested For Oil Theft by Biafrarep(m): 11:51am On Sep 15, 2012
GEJ seems to act fast only when an Igbo man is involved! **SMH** now compare this; first was Nwodo who was forced to resign as PDP chairman for no just cause but Tukur was indicted in subsidy scam and nothing happened, he remains the PDP chairman! 2 the most competent minister, Barth Nnaji was forced to resign because of a fictitious conflict of interest but Dezieni Alison through omission or commision was indicted in multi billion naira subsidy scam and yet she remains the minister of petroluem! Cap Iheanacho was suspended and later sacked as minister but GEJ claimed that boko haram has infilterated his cabinet and yet nobody resigned or was sacked. If cap Iheanacho is a Hausa man would they have arrested him? I thought Igbos were being victimised becaused the Abokis were in power but under GEJ it has got to its crescendo. Is this the prize we pay for loosing a war that was forced on us? I'm in support of fight against corruption but let it not be selective, justice should be accross board or else it becomes victimisation! We are watching.

1 Like

Re: Ex-Minister Emmanuel Ihenacho Arrested For Oil Theft by ALAREDE: 11:54am On Sep 15, 2012
I think we should tread with caution on the issue. The MT Grace in question freights crude for third parties. Also their jetty warehoused products for other importers and in the process earn through-put. It may be an hasty conclusion to wrap it up that the company and/or its promoter actually stole products. Nonetheless, the matter should be thoroughly investigated. Afterall, this is our 'common wealth'
Re: Ex-Minister Emmanuel Ihenacho Arrested For Oil Theft by cesil92: 11:56am On Sep 15, 2012
Naija politicians "A hardworking TEAM of corrupt human beings"
This same people will be the ones wearing Big Agbadas all over the place, they will be shown on national television telling us that the problem of nigeria is CORRUPTION and that we should join hands to FIGHT CORRUPTION..

Thereafter, they will organise all kinds of seminars and sentizization programmes on corruption with Themes such as "Menace of Corruption, the way forward", "Demerits of Corruption in Economic Development" bla bla bla.. Speaking big big english all over the place. Who is fooling who?
Re: Ex-Minister Emmanuel Ihenacho Arrested For Oil Theft by hercules07: 12:03pm On Sep 15, 2012
Jmaine

Tompolo is a criminal just as mend was a criminal organization that should In a normal society have its members tried and sentenced, I do not think you will like victims of BH being called collateral damage. The capt. Guy is as corrupt as most govt. officials, they are just pulling his ears with this arrest.
Re: Ex-Minister Emmanuel Ihenacho Arrested For Oil Theft by lumeneng22: 12:26pm On Sep 15, 2012
If you carry foul wey de sleep on top of tree for onicha go london, na on top of tree hi go stil sleep for londön. Secondly igbo na igbo man any day anytime suspension or no suspension.
Re: Ex-Minister Emmanuel Ihenacho Arrested For Oil Theft by jmaine: 12:33pm On Sep 15, 2012
hercules07: Jmaine

Tompolo is a criminal just as mend was a criminal organization that should In a normal society have its members tried and sentenced, I do not think you will like victims of BH being called collateral damage. The capt. Guy is as corrupt as most govt. officials, they are just pulling his ears with this arrest.

Tompolo is a reformed criminal by virtue of the amnesty he was awarded . . .and like i said , the morality of been awarded a contract with the charge of chasing down criminals is a different issue . . .

No collateral damage is pleasing , moreso when human lives are involved . .but you have to admit that MEND don't set out to deliberately inflict fatal casualties on people for whatever reasons unlike BH . . . .

There is a clear difference between them ( MD & BH) and the Govt accorded them based on that . . . . Again, MEND demands were clear,concise and merited . . .and that was what spurred their armed struggle before criminality took over

The issue we have here is that Ihenacho was arrested for crude product theft . .is it good or commendable ? No ? . . . . .
Re: Ex-Minister Emmanuel Ihenacho Arrested For Oil Theft by Reference(m): 1:00pm On Sep 15, 2012
fineheart: they should not punish an innocent man simply because he supported Rochas during d election. People use his depot for through-put which is the equivalent or giving out your facility on rent or short lease. The govt should have gone after the people who brought the product for storage and warehousing instead of Capt Iheanacho.

Stolen products are traced to his house and he is an innocent man. You can see the problem in Nigeria. Our battle with corruption is not about the players but the fans. It is they who buy tickets afterall.
Re: Ex-Minister Emmanuel Ihenacho Arrested For Oil Theft by Reference(m): 1:33pm On Sep 15, 2012
A-ZeD:

When a man sees black and calls it white there is no point in debating with him.....
Ignorance is no excuse in law.... MEND and boko haram are the same thing....criminal organisations

Whether we like it or not what Tompolo and his organisation are doing is what the government should have instituted over 40 years ago when oil was discovered. That it has been forced upon Nigeria quite frankly is for our good and a right step in the move to have power returned to people for the resources they (the people) should be contributing to the state and not the other way round.

The other thread is complaining of the high cost of beans brought from the north as a part result of the insecurity. No one is asking who owns the beans and why it is so. They just either buy the beans or find alternatives. Why isn't this so for oil. Why are the owners of the land under which this oil is found not allowed to freely participate. Are we aware that some BH members are in the beans production and trade. Why aren't we concerned about that.

If this country is interested in benefitting from oil found in the ND the it must swallow its pride and negotiate with the peoples in that region with maximal participation. MTN will approach me, bargain with me and pay me to set up its mast and probably involve me in its security. That's wise. Pity the NNPC wasting their time chasing pipeline vandals from pillar to post while not approaching folks, bargaining and paying them rent for right of way and involving them in the security and integrity of the network commensurate with the value of the products piped.

Have this as a fact. No army, navy or police force in this world can exclude people from resources they have a right to. If the government likes let it ignore the farmer/herdsmen crisis in Nigeria, the farmer/insecurity crisis in the north and resource control in the ND, it will be forced into several such embarrassing agreements in future. Resources belong to people, not governments.
Re: Ex-Minister Emmanuel Ihenacho Arrested For Oil Theft by Enice(m): 2:01pm On Sep 15, 2012
MT Grace is said to be laden with crude oil not refined product. So, who imports crude oil in Nigeria? Nobody. therefore, the idea of through put is out of the question.The captain is guilty as charged because the MT Grace was tracked from the creeks in the Niger Delta stealing crude oil to his tank farm.
Re: Ex-Minister Emmanuel Ihenacho Arrested For Oil Theft by malaria(f): 2:50pm On Sep 15, 2012
chucky234: Abegi
**singing 2face's dem want to tell another story again ooo**
They want 2 act anoda movie
Re: Ex-Minister Emmanuel Ihenacho Arrested For Oil Theft by dedeike: 7:08pm On Sep 15, 2012
A-ZeD:

Bros tell us what happened to Farouk, the boko haram guy caught in the borno government house lodge, the senator from borno state. As for the bolded part may be you were not updated that the charges have been withdrawn.....
The Boko Haram guy caught in Borno govt house is Kabiru Sokoto. He has been apprehended and is cooling off his heels in SSS detention. The senator was also arrested, charged to court and stayed 1 month in Kuje prisons before he was granted bail but his case remains ongoing at the federal high court.
The last time I checked, the trial of TUKUR and Ali's sons were still ongoing. They were denied access to their traveling visas by the judge.
Verify your facts
Re: Ex-Minister Emmanuel Ihenacho Arrested For Oil Theft by Ninapha(f): 10:22pm On Sep 15, 2012
jmaine:

Yes, i know your not an anti GEJ wink. . . . An average Naija politician has dubious secrets . . .and blackmail is not only a function of Naija politics . .it happens every where . . .

Still doesn't negate the fact he made himself liable and exposed to attack by indulging in crude product thefts . . . .if we are to accept your blackmail theory . . .

One sentence . . .He got made, cos i strongly believe he is guilty until proven otherwise by the court grin . . . .
. I agree wit u on d dubious tentencies of our today's politician though i am not comfortable wit ur definit assertion of him being a thief untill proven so. One thing i kno so much abt Nigerian politics is, there is no fair play ground. U are in or out and when u are out be sure to be hunted to death. Even plan can be designed to crash not minding if there are 200 more pple on board so long the hunted is laid to rest.
Re: Ex-Minister Emmanuel Ihenacho Arrested For Oil Theft by kuzoma(m): 9:05pm On Sep 16, 2012
This man has been a hardworking man for long,PDP govt are just chasing him because he want a good governace in Imo State by supporting Rochas. They should free him Farouk did worst than that, Otedola, Bankole, Bode, so where are they now but enjoying themself.
Re: Ex-Minister Emmanuel Ihenacho Arrested For Oil Theft by DisGuy: 5:27pm On Dec 10, 2012
where is it ..

erm

under the carpet

as usual

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Makes U-turn, Passes Confidence Vote On Jega / Fallout Of Osun PDP Primary: Fatai Akinbade Dumps PDP / "Even Bullet Charmers Travel Using Abuja-kaduna Train" - Sen. Shehu Sani Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.