Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,237 members, 7,943,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 03:48 PM

House Moving Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / House Moving Business (981 Views)

LED signs Nigeria | Digital signage | Moving sign display | Led Lights / Are more British-born Nigerians moving back to Nigeria ? / Moving To Nigeria To Start A Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

House Moving Business by determined: 10:43pm On Sep 14, 2012
Hello guys,
I'm doing some research on house moving companies.
I'd like to know if we have quite a number of professional house moving companies, or do we only have people who have spare trucks/vans for day rentals?
Why would one invest in a house moving business?

Thanks for your input.
Re: House Moving Business by megainvest: 3:57am On Sep 15, 2012
Nice. I'm also doing some research on this. You'll need box body trucks and vans to do a thorough job. You also need a trusted supervisor who will be in charge of taking inventory of whatever items you are moving. Some of the helpers carrying stuff may be tempted to steal from the client's items and that can damage your reputation.

Generally, the risks are similar to that of any other haulage business so it is advisable to have at least a spare truck just in case. It's also important to have a market before you go into this business.

Anyone currently into this can share some more ideas
Re: House Moving Business by determined: 6:20pm On Sep 15, 2012
Thanks that makes a lot of sense.
But how frequently do you think people need the services of a house moving company?

I know that people call up truck owners when they need to move houses.
Also, it seems there are more of truck and van rental companies than actual house moving companies.

Any thoughts on this?
Re: House Moving Business by moxybee: 5:22pm On Nov 16, 2015
I have been doing some research on movers and packers in the country, i realise that most of the information is within big cities like lagos , portharcourt and abuja, this is due to the high rate of movements that occur within these cities. But i think there is a market for it if you would present it in a professional way.

(1) (Reply)

10 Ways Anyone Can Make Money Online Revealed! / Goldman Sachs Appoints Adebayo Ogunlesi To Its Board / Tips On Starting And Running A Home Based Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.