Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,846 members, 7,889,827 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 09:52 PM

Yvonne Okoro Cries Over Xenophobic Remarks Against Her Sister - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Yvonne Okoro Cries Over Xenophobic Remarks Against Her Sister (2130 Views)

Yvonne Okoro Donates Borehole To Walewale (Photos) / Toyin Aimakhu Cries Over Ereme, Tries To Help Police Track Suicidal Comedian / Funke Akindele Cries Over Late Colleagues (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Yvonne Okoro Cries Over Xenophobic Remarks Against Her Sister by cescky(m): 11:56am On Sep 15, 2012
A very emotional Yvonne Okoro has expressed her complete dismay with a recent publication that suggested that her younger sister, Rosaline Okoro doesn’t deserve to compete in the ongoing Miss Ghana beauty contest
because she isn’t ‘Ghanaian’ enough. She described the article as divisive with xenophobic tendencies and lacking facts.

In a phone interview with the actress who recently won Best Pan African Actress at the Nigerian Entertainment Awards, a category for non-Nigerians, she clarified her nationality while addressing ‘frivolous’ issues raised in the said article.

She said: “I realized that the writer didn’t do due diligence in finding out about the person he was writing about, that is my family. You don’t just get up and write an article about somebody’s nationality without knowing the person or at least enquiring from the person.

It is a very sensitive matter because it is not just about me or the Okoro family; it’s about people who live in Ghana, people who live in Africa and the rest of the world in the face of xenophobia.”

According to Yvonne, the author based his argument on the constitution of America without even considering what the constitution of Ghana says on what constitutes Ghanaian citizenship. Here is an excerpt from the article posted on the internet: “I do not have a problem with Roseline Okoro’s nationality as a Ghanaian. Since one of her parents is a Ghanaian, by law, she is a Ghanaian.

http://allwestafricannews..com/2012/09/yvonne-okoro-cries-over-xenophobic.html

(1) (Reply)

Blogger SDK Blasts Nuella Njubigo .." Husband Snatching Is Your Stock In Trade" / Photos Of Rita Dominic,Banky W,Timaya Heading To Dubai For Tuface's Wedding / Omosexy: Children Are Truly Gift Of Joy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.