Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,678 members, 7,965,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 04:37 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (128) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1934440 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (912) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 12:27pm On Nov 07, 2013
naijamd: I will be writing step1 next September...

You're a medical student or you've graduated?
If you're a student, how do you intend to combine the rigours of med school and usmle preparation( knowing the demands of both systems are different) .

If you're a doctor, did you have any clinical experience in the united states while you were a student?

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DBestDoc(f): 2:40pm On Nov 07, 2013
m.esther96:
hello auzsmiley
ive bin down wt serious ear pain
n now my ear is bleeding (blood)
i pray i dnt lose my ear coz i cnt evn hear properly now,cnt recieve calls embarassed

So sorry about this, try as much as you can to get medical attention.You'll be fine.

Please get well soon!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by danox(m): 3:20pm On Nov 07, 2013
Thanks a lot
glowin2shyn: congratz! Ur welcome
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by danox(m): 3:24pm On Nov 07, 2013
Wow!I like your post so much.Thanks a lot @me@
#me@:

congrats on ya admission. cheesy
finally a med student.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by danox(m): 3:28pm On Nov 07, 2013
Good day colleagues.Hope we are doing fine?.Pls,I will like to know all the Pre-clinical texbooks I will need so that I can begin to make the purchases against resumption.Pls your kind responses as usual will be appreciated
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by naijamd(m): 10:17am On Nov 08, 2013
lomaxx:

You're a medical student or you've graduated?
If you're a student, how do you intend to combine the rigours of med school and usmle preparation( knowing the demands of both systems are different) .

If you're a doctor, did you have any clinical experience in the united states while you were a student?
I'm a medical student, will be through with basic sciences by May next yr. it customary to write Step 1 in my medical sch immediately after the basic sciences. So preparations are on going nw.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Saeed348(m): 10:47am On Nov 08, 2013
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 12:23pm On Nov 08, 2013
naijamd: I'm a medical student, will be through with basic sciences by May next yr. it customary to write Step 1 in my medical sch immediately after the basic sciences. So preparations are on going nw.

OK.goodluck
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 4:11pm On Nov 08, 2013
Dr. lomax how are you.. you're my source of inspiration
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by fatsolino: 9:41pm On Nov 08, 2013
Hey landers! I greet you all. I got admitted into unn to study medical rehablitation. Am hoping someone will help me wit info on this courze. Thank you
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by docsholz(m): 11:13pm On Nov 08, 2013
fatsolino: Hey landers! I greet you all. I got admitted into unn to study medical rehablitation. Am hoping someone will help me wit info on this courze. Thank you
basically d same with medicine only that they one or two extra courses that is unique to them, at least that's the way it is in OAU, Congrats on ur admission
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Pweerie(f): 3:44am On Nov 09, 2013

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by JewelBukky(f): 8:46am On Nov 09, 2013
fatsolino: Hey landers! I greet you all. I got admitted into unn to study medical rehablitation. Am hoping someone will help me wit info on this courze. Thank you
congrats!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by docsholz(m): 10:27am On Nov 09, 2013
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by fatsolino: 12:17pm On Nov 09, 2013
grin
Jewel Bukky: congrats!

thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by fatsolino: 12:20pm On Nov 09, 2013
doc sholz: basically d same with medicine only that they one or two extra courses that is unique to them, at least that's the way it is in OAU, Congrats on ur admission
. D̶̲̥̅̊ø they bisect t̶h̶e̶ human body-lols ℓ̊ mean sugery.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by docsholz(m): 12:37pm On Nov 09, 2013
fatsolino: . D̶̲̥̅̊ø they bisect t̶h̶e̶ human body-lols ℓ̊ mean sugery.
yep they do normal anatomy dissection in the basic med, I'm not sure they do surgery rotations in the clinicals sha
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 2:20pm On Nov 09, 2013
Pweerie: PHARMACISTS AND NURSES SHOULD STOP COMPETING WITH DOCTORS-NMA PRESIDENT
nice comments.
Egoistic narsicist.
Mtchwww
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 4:21pm On Nov 09, 2013
Esther, au ya ear dey do?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by tjoseph: 5:51pm On Nov 09, 2013
If you are interested in quality education in Indian Universities for degree courses(3 years duration with tuition as low as 800 to 1000 dollars) and IT courses contact trust4real1914@yahoo.com or call 08153593144.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by mesther96(f): 6:45pm On Nov 09, 2013
smiley
m nw okay
no pains,no discharge
smiley
buh i stl av an apointment wt d doc 4 syringing n God knows wat
tnx y'all 4 ya concernsmiley
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:48pm On Nov 09, 2013
m.esther96:
smiley
m nw okay
no pains,no discharge
smiley

smiley smiley
Dr. Lomaxx, pls, tell me dis is coincidence. smiley
Sweetie, glad to hear u're ok! Stay good! kiss
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Samgreguc(m): 4:46am On Nov 10, 2013
Pweerie: PHARMACISTS AND NURSES SHOULD STOP COMPETING WITH DOCTORS-NMA PRESIDENT
look at this one, did I hear u say pharmacist? Pharmacist are only agitating for their rightful position in the health sector and dats all. Maybe it Nurses cos u both are closely related than Pharmacist(d drug experts) cos they are different scope. . . . Although, that NMA of a presido is beginning to talk like Dr. Joshua of NL

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:23am On Nov 10, 2013
Samgreguc: look at this one, did I hear u say pharmacist? Pharmacist are only agitating for their rightful position in the health sector and dats all. Maybe it Nurses cos u both are closely related than Pharmacist(d drug experts) cos they are different scope. . . . Although, that NMA of a presido is beginning to talk like Dr. Joshua of NL
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:24am On Nov 10, 2013
Samgreguc: look at this one, did I hear u say pharmacist? Pharmacist are only agitating for their rightful position in the health sector and dats all. Maybe it Nurses cos u both are closely related than Pharmacist(d drug experts) cos they are different scope. . . . Although, that NMA of a presido is beginning to talk like Dr. Joshua of NL

Most docs in private clinic work as docs, radiologists, lab techs using autoanalysers and pharmacists.

Most community pharmacists work as docs and nurses cos they treat, inject patients too and even run lab results wit point of care analysers or autoanalysers.

Most lab scientists also diagnose, prescribe and treat patients.

Most nurses claim docs especialy their male counterparts, nurses nowadays open chemist shop and convert it to mini hospitals.

Summary in Nigerian health care management system their is weak regulation as no profession has a clear cut boundaries which is as a result of competition and sheer greediness.

4 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ayopo10(m): 6:59pm On Nov 10, 2013
you are gonna love it... its more about medical care with minimal use of drugs... it has a very broad scope
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by teeyford(m): 7:25pm On Nov 10, 2013
pls wats the best medicine related course...
I finished skul last year And applied for mbbs in abu zaria...and remedial forms are just not readily available coz of these incessant strikes...I dnt want to write jamb again... and am also tired of staying @ home..So confused pls I need advice
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by fatsolino: 12:53pm On Nov 11, 2013
ayopo10: you are gonna love it... its more about medical care with minimal use of drugs... it has a very broad scope
really? Tell М̣̣̥̇̊є̲̣̣̣̥ more
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by fatsolino: 12:56pm On Nov 11, 2013
[color=#006600][/color][b][/b] tongue shocked any unn physiotherapist in t̶h̶e̶ house? sad
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Fedric(m): 4:22am On Nov 14, 2013
m.esther96:
smiley
m nw okay
no pains,no discharge
smiley

thank God for healing you dear. I wish yaa good health. AMEN. smileykiss
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Fedric(m): 4:29am On Nov 14, 2013
alutacontinua:

smiley smiley
Dr. Lomaxx, pls, tell me dis is coincidence. smiley
Sweetie, glad to hear u're ok! Stay good! kiss
hex Mama. How have you been? Really missed you. Am still waiting for admission after 62 aggregate in Delsu. Just can't wait to be called a medical student
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by slord(m): 8:46am On Nov 14, 2013
My ogas in d house,ive been following this thread for quiet a long time. Jst decided to step in 2day, Mbbs,university of ibadan

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (912) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.