Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,132 members, 7,973,811 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 07:35 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (134) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1943479 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (912) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by mesther96(f): 10:04pm On Dec 09, 2013
lomaxx:

**covers nose** embarassed embarassed
embarassed
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by samsolite(m): 10:41pm On Dec 09, 2013
danox: Good evening all.I am new here.Just gained admission to study Medicine and Surgery In Uniben through DE.

Congrats. I'd like to know if UNIBEN DE applicants take entry exams, like yhe POST-UTME.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by AmbFitsaint(m): 12:48am On Dec 10, 2013
phase1:

Thanks Amb,Actually my beloved cousin would rather hang himself if he doesn't gain admission into medicine with his degree. I think the state universities may offer a lifeline....but which of the state schools are more affordable, pocket-friendly and ASUU-strike-proof?. Thanks again.

To the confines of my exposure nd knowledge, i don't think any state medical skul is immune to ASUU strike.
It is undoubtedly true that the demands to run a medical skul md teaching hospital are legion, dis unarguably justifies why state medical skuls charge students exorbitant fees which keep on soaring. From a general view point, i think Lasu charges 340k, Eksu 200k, OOU 250k, lautech 80k, AAUA 80k.

N.B( the figures above are just ball park estimate, there4 not 100% accurate).

I don't know much abt d fees of state medical skuls @ other geo-political zones.

If ur bro really cares abt d convenience of paying such fees nd passionately hankers for medicine, it does little stress for him to enroll for jamb again nd fill in a cheap fed university. His CGPA is not ideally nd legally encouraging to be considered for medicine into any reputable medical skul. Impossible is nothing anyway in 9ja.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by tenderlaw(m): 4:13am On Dec 10, 2013
I thought this thread was for medicine and the allied professions. Why are we having only doctors and medical students here?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lebienconnu: 7:56am On Dec 10, 2013
Amb Fitsaint:

Dr. I realise dat many active medics on d thread passed away ur question. This I think is as a result of d country u intend going for ur residency. Germany is not a common place for residency. Had it been the US, the UK nd likes, ur question wud av been heeded to.

I am one of d newly admitted medics in OAU. I wish to know u more to discuss some stuffs with u.

i do not want to beleive that there are no nigerian doctors undergoing residency in Germany. US is too jampacked with intending IMGs from all parts of the world and that makes getting into a 'desired' residency program close to impossible. Germany competes with US in surgery and its way less competitive and more realistic if one displays a good mastery of the language. well, i shall continue to research on the subject and share my findings with the house.

by the way, congrats on your admission to the jesusalem of struggle. part one in ife is just a child's play. u gat absolutely nada to worry about.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by AmbFitsaint(m): 9:49am On Dec 10, 2013
le bien connu:

i do not want to beleive that there are no nigerian doctors undergoing residency in Germany. US is too jampacked with intending IMGs from all parts of the world and that makes getting into a 'desired' residency program close to impossible. Germany competes with US in surgery and its way less competitive and more realistic if one displays a good mastery of the language. well, i shall continue to research on the subject and share my findings with the house.

by the way, congrats on your admission to the jesusalem of struggle. part one in ife is just a child's play. u gat absolutely nada to worry about.

Thanks.
Do share ur research here with us. At least u av a good head-start by mustering d courage to learn d mind bending German language which is of course a basic pre-requisite.

Bien connu indeed!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by AmbFitsaint(m): 9:52am On Dec 10, 2013
tenderlaw: I thought this thread was for medicine and the allied professions. Why are we having only doctors and medical students here?

The para-medics here are hiding under the shell nd is not helping d growth of dis sleepy thread. I wonder why
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by phase1: 6:38pm On Dec 11, 2013
Amb Fitsaint:

The para-medics here are hiding under the shell nd is not helping d growth of dis sleepy thread. I wonder why

A microcosm of the acrimony going on in the health sector. If every health professional comes in here, the thread might end up like JOHESU vs NMA.

Methinks the health sector needs a revolution. Everyone should be allowed to grow and get to the zenith of their respective professional career.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by AmbFitsaint(m): 8:58pm On Dec 11, 2013
phase1:

A microcosm of the acrimony going on in the health sector. If every health professional comes in here, the thread might end up like JOHESU vs NMA.

Methinks the health sector needs a revolution. Everyone should be allowed to grow and get to the zenith of their respective professional career.

I personally think dis thread is not about who lords it over. We(be it a para or medic) are here to share opinions, ask questions nd make logical contributions.

The ethics of dis thread have it dat paramedics nd medics are not here to compete on an unholy equality beauty contest d way Johesu nd Nma av it.

We are all cornerstones nd linchpins on dis instrutive nd educative thread be it a medic or a paramedic.

I just hope we can do away with getting eachother's hackles up to foster d progress of dis thread.

D motherlode pieces of info on dis thread have helped innumerable pple out dia.

Dis thread will surely be hitch-free if we re understanding nd thickskinned, if we embrace one another as a big family-never minding one anoda's peccadillos-.

4 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:09pm On Dec 11, 2013
Amb Fitsaint:

I personally think dis thread is not about who lords it over. We(be it a para or medic) are here to share opinions, ask questions nd make logical contributions.

The ethics of dis thread have it dat paramedics nd medics are not here to compete on an unholy equality beauty contest d way Johesu nd Nma av it.

We are all cornerstones nd linchpins on dis instrutive nd educative thread be it a medic or a paramedic.

I just hope we can do away with getting eachother's hackles up to foster d progress of dis thread.

Dis thread will surely be hitch-free if we re understanding nd thickskinned, if we embrace one another as a big family-never minding one anoda's peccadillos-.
seriously! I would love to see this guy, Amb fitsaint, the man of about a 1000 - 2000 Words!

Boss, you are too much, the man that makes me read virtually every one of his post with a dictionary.

As a doctor, I don't think you will have problems with communication skills thats if you are outspoken like this in the real sense.

Btw, I agree with every bit of what you said. On my own opinion, the motherlode (thanks to you sir) of work being done here is impressing and very much appreciated but just like my papa would always say, 'There is good progress but it is not enough'. It applies here.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 10:13pm On Dec 11, 2013
Amb Fitsaint:

Thanx alot for this post....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by AmbFitsaint(m): 10:22pm On Dec 11, 2013
I-am-Winner:
seriously! I would love to see this guy, Amb fitsaint, the man of about a 1000 - 2000 Words!

Boss, you are too much, the man that makes me read virtually every one of his post with a dictionary.

As a doctor, I don't think you will have problems with communication skills thats if you are outspoken like this in the real sense.

Welldone!

Boss of life, my vocabulary repertoire is still stale. Being outspoken in d real sense?

Yes, it is not apocryphal dat I am, I am just a diffident lad who can't say boo to d goose.

I am working on dat anyway.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:25pm On Dec 11, 2013
Amb Fitsaint:

Boss of life, my vocabulary repertoire is still stale. Being outspoken in d real sense?

Yes, it is not apocryphal dat I am, I am just a diffident lad who can say boo to d goose.

I am working on dat anyway.
hahaha. Boss ni! Lash me jorh with loads of em!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by AmbFitsaint(m): 10:26pm On Dec 11, 2013
Lagusta:

Thanx alot for this post....

You re welcome doc.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by AmbFitsaint(m): 10:32pm On Dec 11, 2013
I-am-Winner:
hahaha. Boss ni! Lash me jorh with loads of em!

Lashing out words studded with turgidity negates its perusal if dia is no rational consanguinuity.

I just lash dem out any time I experience any miasma of ennui.

And boss let's know dat a large vocabulary is not accumulated for showing off, it's a tool dat allows one to communicate more effectively.

4 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by mesther96(f): 11:21pm On Dec 11, 2013
ermmm amb fitsaint n iamwinner,m tired of chekin d dico 2 undstand amb fitsaint's post,kindly create a thread 4 dt.tnk u cool

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by STORM2(f): 12:51am On Dec 12, 2013
phase1:

Lol...
There will be no fighting if we decide never to fight. I'm a microbiologist by training so I completely agree with u. Everyone should be allowed to get to the zenith of their career. However that line of discussion isn't the purpose of this thread. I think there is an unspoken rule that we all obey here...no insults, no fighting and definitely no politics! I came here to learn not to exchange hurtful words...
By the way FG has finally signed the MoU which means by Gods grace I can start classes early next year. Can't wait to start my anatomy classes #so excited#
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by STORM2(f): 12:59am On Dec 12, 2013
le bien connu:
Germany competes with US in surgery and its way less competitive and more realistic if one displays a good mastery of the language. well, i shall continue to research on the subject and share my findings with the house.
U are so correct. I've got about 6yrs to maul this over but I'm personally thinking about doing my residency in france (french is easier to learn abeg). Time will tell I guess...I've not even started lol.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TONYE001(m): 11:48am On Dec 12, 2013
Hello brothers, greetings...

Please I need your help here:

https://www.nairaland.com/1552844/all-studying-medicine-surgery-ghana

Big, big thanks as you do so... Merci infiniment..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TONYE001(m): 11:57am On Dec 12, 2013
Hello house, good morning...

Comment allez-vous?

Please I need your counsel desperately...

What are the chances of someone with a degree in Human Physiology gaining admission into MBBS in Ghana?

Would this person have to start from the 100 Level?

How expensive is it to run the programme there? What do you think is the financial estimate of completing the programme?

I'm using two O Level results, would this affect me?

Please could you indicate if you are already in Ghana's MBBS program at the University of Ghana?

Please help me out here...

Thanks...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by STORM2(f): 1:18pm On Dec 12, 2013
TONYE001: Hello house, good morning...

Comment allez-vous?

Please I need your counsel desperately...

What are the chances of someone with a degree in Human Physiology gaining admission into MBBS in Ghana?

Would this person have to start from the 100 Level?

How expensive is it to run the programme there? What do you think is the financial estimate of completing the programme?

I'm using two O Level results, would this affect me?

Please could you indicate if you are already in Ghana's MBBS program at the University of Ghana?

Please help me out here...

Thanks...
Nous allon bien merci....

Ur chances will depend on how well u do in their entrance exam. Ur degree is good...and any gp from 3.0 up is taken (the higher the better)
There is this graduate entry medical program I heard of in ghana (GEMP UGMS) if u get into this programe it will be 4yrs and u'll start as a graduate..(Not from 100level)
As for the waec result situation....it is always safest to have ur results in one sitting but I cannot tell u if ghana will/will not accept two sittings...sorry.
Financial situation: its about 2million naira for tuition. I don't think accomodation is included in that estimate. You can send them an email..unlike nigerians, they'll answer ur email.

http://www.ugms.edu.gh/index.php/admissions/admissions-news/149-admissions-into-the-graduate-entry-medical-programme-gemp-2014-2015-academic-year

But I must warn u though, passing the exam and interview doesn't guarantee admission...ghana has complications just like any other country. The dealine for application submission is almost here sef. Just try ur best and leave the rest for God.

Je vous souhaite bon chance mon frere...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TONYE001(m): 1:26pm On Dec 12, 2013
STORM2:
Nous allon bien merci....

Ur chances will depend on how well u do in their entrance exam. Ur degree is good...and any gp from 3.0 up is taken (the higher the better)
There is this graduate entry medical program I heard of in ghana (GEMP UGMS) if u get into this programe it will be 4yrs and u'll start as a graduate..(Not from 100level)

http://www.ugms.edu.gh/index.php/admissions/admissions-news/149-admissions-into-the-graduate-entry-medical-programme-gemp-2014-2015-academic-year

But I must warn u though, passing the exam and interview doesn't guarantee admission...ghana has complications just like any other country. The dealine for application submission is almost here sef. Just try ur best and leave the rest for God.

Je vous souhaite bon chance mon frere...

Je vous remerci...

I'm not exactly ready now, would be ready by 2015 (Would be done with my service by October, 2014)...

Let me follow your link and read up...

Merci..

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by saheaven: 2:53pm On Dec 12, 2013
Amb Fitsaint:

...i dnt thnk you know the meaning of para-medics...nurses are nurses n pharmacists are pharmacists...research into ur choice of words pls
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by saheaven: 2:53pm On Dec 12, 2013
Amb Fitsaint:

...i dnt thnk you know the meaning of para-medics...nurses are nurses n pharmacists are pharmacists...research into ur choice of words pls.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 4:33pm On Dec 12, 2013
saheaven: ...i dnt thnk you know the meaning of para-medics...nurses are nurses n pharmacists are pharmacists...research into ur choice of words pls.

Oh God!!!

Please can you stop this pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaseeeeeee!!!!

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by AmbFitsaint(m): 4:33pm On Dec 12, 2013
saheaven: ...i dnt thnk you know the meaning of para-medics...nurses are nurses n pharmacists are pharmacists...research into ur choice of words pls

To err is man.

Thanks for doing d needful
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by STORM2(f): 4:34pm On Dec 12, 2013
saheaven: ...nurses are nurses n pharmacists are pharmacists...research into ur choice of words pls.
U are sorta correct...but the best paramedics are usually nurses. Lemme give u a dictionary definition
1. (Medicine) a person, such as a laboratory technician, who supplements the work of the medical profession
2. (Medicine) a member of an ambulance crew trained in a number of life-saving skills, including infusion and cardiac care

Most EMT's are nurses. Thats why they're so awesome wink
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by STORM2(f): 4:35pm On Dec 12, 2013
Lagusta:

Oh God!!!

Please can you stop this pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaseeeeeee!!!!
Hahahaha...it won't get ugly abeg. Worry not.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by AmbFitsaint(m): 4:51pm On Dec 12, 2013
@Storm2, you re doing a great job here. Your recent posts show ur commitment to dis thread.

Keep it up doc

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by AmbFitsaint(m): 4:57pm On Dec 12, 2013
TONYE001:

Je vous remerci...

I'm not exactly ready now, would be ready by 2015 (Would be done with my service by October, 2014)...

Let me follow your link and read up...

Merci..

Hello! if u don't mind, why are u desirous of pursuing ur MBBS degree in Ghana?

Are Ghana's medical skuls beta off dan Nigeria's?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 5:11pm On Dec 12, 2013
STORM2:
Hahahaha...it won't get ugly abeg. Worry not.

It's annoying nah... someone wants to pour sand on our garri....

It's either he contributes something meaningful or he gtfo..

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by mesther96(f): 11:25am On Dec 13, 2013
oga lagusta,no vex grin
aw r d nurses doing nw?

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (912) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.