Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,640 members, 7,914,721 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 10:49 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1898159 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (910) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by SeyiObj: 5:19pm On Jan 09, 2014
I had an ND in SLT, i want 2 study Medical Lab.Tech or physioterapy in U.I and OAU. Through D.E, i need ur advice pls, is it possible ?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 6:21pm On Jan 09, 2014
Lagusta:

I believe what he was trying to say was, a dentist has more time for himself and his family, compared to some docs e.g surgeons, gynecologists....

I hope you saw No. 1
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 6:25pm On Jan 09, 2014
Meanwhile, you folks can download your popular Indian medical Textbooks from http://www.indianmedicalbooks..com

Thank me later.

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Doclight(m): 7:07pm On Jan 09, 2014
Pls is dentistry a gud subtitute for medicine? And can sum1 really put me through on what dentistry really meant. And what are the things one can do with MBBS?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by mesther96(f): 8:45pm On Jan 09, 2014
grin grin grin grin Sir lagusta wetin gtbank do u now?
btw r u really 41
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 10:24pm On Jan 09, 2014
m.esther96:
grin grin grin grin Sir lagusta wetin gtbank do u now?
btw r u really 41

concerning gtbank, looooooooooooooooong story... embarassed

am I really 41, Nah.... grin Abi u dey fear?? undecided

I'm in my early 30s anyway.... smiley
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Superclem(m): 11:14pm On Jan 09, 2014
ashhascash:
Bro did u graduate frm CDSS Ojo.

ARE YOU MAD?

HOW DID I MISS MY BROTHER ASHCASH YOU'RE HERE? IT'S a SMALL WORLD O!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Superclem(m): 11:20pm On Jan 09, 2014
lomaxx: 1)

2)

Bro how far na? You said bds and mbbs are one and the same thing. Now you say bds is better in some ways. Don't contradict yourself to make a point. It sounds dishonest.

my doc, i wasn't contradicting my sef, notice the word EVEN
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ashhascash: 11:20pm On Jan 09, 2014
Superclem:

ARE YOU MAD?

HOW DID I MISS MY BROTHER ASHCASH YOU'RE HERE? IT'S a SMALL WORLD O!!!
Its rily a smal world. Clem ow u doin nd ows skul.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Superclem(m): 11:22pm On Jan 09, 2014
ashhascash:
Its rily a smal world. Clem ow u doin nd ows skul.

We thank God mehn. Boys on hols. Waiting to resume pre-clinicals
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ashhascash: 11:24pm On Jan 09, 2014
Superclem:

We thank God mehn. Boys on hols. Waiting to resume pre-clinicals
Wow nice IdiAraba ryt.
BDS, u mbbs ryt
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Superclem(m): 11:28pm On Jan 09, 2014
Gregdcutie: Docs in the house what would you recommend to treat spots

Brother, been asking our course mates for your contacts. I got two of your name sakes but still haven't got yours. Are you on whatsapp? Gimme your number lemme add you up.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Superclem(m): 11:30pm On Jan 09, 2014
ashhascash:
Wow nice IdiAraba ryt.
BDS, u mbbs ryt

yh, Idi Araba mbbs, where're you at?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ashhascash: 11:34pm On Jan 09, 2014
Superclem:

yh, Idi Araba mbbs, where're you at?
OAU Ife.
Bin off whatsapp for a while nw but ma num is 08161736204
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 11:37pm On Jan 09, 2014
Superclem:

my doc, i wasn't contradicting my sef, notice the word EVEN

No p. I pasted a blog up there. Hope you're taking advantage of it.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Superclem(m): 11:49pm On Jan 09, 2014
ashhascash:
OAU Ife.
Bin off whatsapp for a while nw but ma num is 08161736204

saved already. Would call you now. How's school?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Superclem(m): 11:50pm On Jan 09, 2014
lomaxx:

sorry, I'm confused, where?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Superclem(m): 11:53pm On Jan 09, 2014
Superclem:

Brother, been asking our course mates for your contacts. I got two of your name sakes but still haven't got yours. Are you on whatsapp? Gimme your number lemme add you up.

WAIT!!! FELA BURST MY HEAD!!! THE IFEANYI CONFUSED ME. YOU SHOULD HAVE PUT FELA SOMEWHERE IN YOUR PROFILE. NO WONDER I NO FIT FIND YOU. AND WE SAW YESTERDAY SEF.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by musty001: 10:01am On Jan 10, 2014
lomaxx:

just checked...nothing there!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by mesther96(f): 10:46am On Jan 10, 2014
Lagusta:

concerning gtbank, looooooooooooooooong story... embarassed

am I really 41, Nah.... grin Abi u dey fear?? undecided

I'm in my early 30s anyway.... smiley
grin grin
ermm evrytin is fair in lov n war
age is just a numba grin grin
aw interns naw?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 11:07pm On Jan 10, 2014
m.esther96:
grin grin
ermm evrytin is fair in lov n war
age is just a numba grin grin
aw interns naw?

haven't started yet, but will likely start this year in shaa Allah!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 12:28pm On Jun 27, 2014
A good chunk of the thread is gone angry
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jun 27, 2014
lomaxx: A good chunk of the thread is gone angry

At least the thread survived!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 3:31pm On Jun 27, 2014
thank God!!!!!!!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Abasstoheeb(m): 5:05pm On Jun 27, 2014
LNGEST TYM...HI RUMZ
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ninja4life(m): 7:24pm On Jun 27, 2014
Missed nairaland
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 8:20pm On Jun 27, 2014
I made this post just before the Nairaland debacle occurred:

Happy Sunday to everyone in the house - both active participants and silent followers of this honorable thread. I hope you all are doing very excellently in your respective medical schools and I also hope the aspirants are taking the bull by the horn in their quest to join this noble career path.

My major motivation in making this post today is to register a major modus operandi for those interested in performing excellently in their schools. For the aspirants, you can sneak a peep in case you go through med school and no one stresses this for you. Anywhere I go, I love to see the people around me succeed. I love to work with smart people and people who know their stuff back to back. I also love to hear record-breaking stories. It serves as a motivation to others.

That being said, I want to stress the importance of relating with your seniors in school and how it affects your outcome.

Whether you like it or yes, your seniors hold a very important key to your excellent performance in school. Whether you are the jack of all smart people, or you're just an average student - relating with the right set of senior colleagues is definitely going to catapult you one step further than where you currently are.

I have painstakingly observed that very intelligent students that always have the notion that they can do it all on their own tend to suffer slight setbacks. They may not necessarily fail, but they just can't hit that top spot they used to - ages ago. The problem is most of them usually think they are not studying hard enough. And even when they get to do, the improvement is only slight.

I have also observed that average students who relate closely to successful seniors for academic reasons tend to have an edge over every other person. Note the phrase - every other person. You see - in med school, there are nearly no dunces. Almost everyone you know would at least be average - a good number are students who are well above average , carefully and succinctly selected by rigorous admission procedures with a strict entrance criteria for the course. So who come be the mugu?

So no matter how good you are....sorry, scratch that. No matter how good you think you are, you need to relate with your seniors who are successful and who have towed the path you are currently towing to make a mark.

Why?

1) You will avoid mistakes

Whenever I enter a new class, the first set of people I speak with are the repeat students and students who have a resist. These set of people are very important. Relating with them tend to bring to your focus the mistakes they made when they were originally in that class. And blessed are you if you avoid the same mistakes.

Smart students fail exams. I've seen it happen time and again. Medicine is not only an essay writing and question answering affair. There are other variables that come into then picture that can make life miserable for anyone . Again, blessed are you if you avoid these mistakes.

2) You have access to course outlines, exam materials and past questions.

Whether you like it or not, he that is with course outlines and past questions is a step ahead of you. When you download directly from these people, you don't have to be surprised when you see pattern in your time. I can't stress this enough.

3) You know how to answer questions.

In this place, most of your teachers assume you know what to do when they present you with a scenario - be it a question or a patient. In medical practice , there is a way to do things. And as such, in medical school, there is a way to answer questions. If you want to go about answering examination questions the way you feel it should be answered, good luck to you. But if you want to do it the way it should be done, talk to your seniors.

4) You will perfect their near-successes.

Believe me there are smart students who would have had a perfect hit or distinction but not for one thing they couldn't know/do. When you relate with these set of folks, you are most likely to have it all.

5) Your will know each examiners bias and get prepared.

Your consultants will be your examiners. Unfortunately, each of them has a bias either in the answer to a particular question or in the sequence of examining a particular patient.

There are examiners that love trade name of drugs instead of the pharmacological name.

There are examiners that want you to examine all the lymph nodes before examining the hand in general physical examination. And there are others who will fail you if you do exactly that.

There are examiners that want you to begin your history with "Patients problem started 5 years ago when....." instead of "Patient was apparently well until 5 years ago when...".

Some examiners have favorite questions.

You know all these by relating with your seniors.

So.....you stand to gain a whole lot by relating with folks up there. It saves a lot of stress and arduous work.

Do Enjoy Your Weekend!!!!!

14 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:18am On Jun 28, 2014
Hi. Everyone.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jun 28, 2014
Doclight: Pls is dentistry a gud subtitute for medicine? And can sum1 really put me through on what dentistry really meant. And what are the things one can do with MBBS?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ampicillin: 10:32am On Jun 30, 2014
Hi Docs,

Please what are the B.Sc degree requirements for direct entry into MBBS? My concern is if universities accept B.Sc Chemistry or any other physical science course for MBBS Direct entry. I am planning to get a D.E into MBBS in UI with Chemistry. Am I good to go? do my year one grades in my B.Sc degree make any difference though I have a 2.1 but year one result so bad.

Thanks for your objective, detailed and quick response
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by tgal20: 11:18am On Jun 30, 2014
Ampicillin: Hi Docs,

Please what are the B.Sc degree requirements for direct entry into MBBS? My concern is if universities accept B.Sc Chemistry or any other physical science course for MBBS Direct entry. I am planning to get a D.E into MBBS in UI with Chemistry. Am I good to go? do my year one grades in my B.Sc degree make any difference though I have a 2.1 but year one result so bad.

Thanks for your objective, detailed and quick response
yeah you re gud to go! Year one doesn't affect as long as its a 2.1 its still gud

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (910) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.