Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,359 members, 7,947,582 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 01:02 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (298) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1920761 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (912) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Orezy5(m): 7:13am On Nov 05, 2015
according to the new policy that is about to be implemented, does it mean that instead of medical students offering most of the basic medical science courses such as anatomy, pharmacology, pathology etc, we'd only choose one out of these courses?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Tcrown01(m): 7:13am On Nov 05, 2015
jargo89:
I am sure u are gettin something wrong. But I am sure if such policies will b adopted, no med student will need to spend a year in d faculty of science learnin wat's been learned during the first degree. Also the number of years spent durin preclinicals will be reduced. Thus we lukin @ 4 years of studyin med. M sure graduates being frustrated due to bein weary shldnt be an issue.

Will this policy affect newly admitted students?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:20am On Nov 05, 2015
Please guys, from this new policy, does it mean aspirants ( those dha shall sit for 2016/2017 JAMB) won't be able to apply for MBBS..?? I'm deadly confused please guys help..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Profcamsey(m): 7:43am On Nov 05, 2015
With this new system, there be admission into medicine and surgery but the first 4 years ll now be run like other courses in semester system and there ll be grading (cgpa). All students must choose there course of interest in the 4th year which they ll be givenBsc in. The next 3 years ll be for clinical students.
Those with Bsc inanatomy, physiology and med biochemistry ll now use 3 years to get MBBS or BDS. Those with degree from biological sciences ll have to use 6 years cos they have no knowledge of the basic medical courses. Other health related courses ll use 4 years to obtain the MBBS degree.

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 7:47am On Nov 05, 2015
Profcamsey:
With this new system, there be admission into medicine and surgery but the first 4 years ll now be run like other courses in semester system and there ll be grading (cgpa). All students must choose there course of interest in the 4th year which they ll be givenBsc in. The next 3 years ll be for clinical students.
Those with Bsc inanatomy, physiology and med biochemistry ll now use 3 years to get MBBS or BDS. Those with degree from biological sciences ll have to use 6 years cos they have no knowledge of the basic medical courses. Other health related courses ll use 4 years to obtain the MBBS degree.
Now, this is just the fact!

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 8:01am On Nov 05, 2015
simba1:
Now, this is just the fact!
Profcamsey:
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:11am On Nov 05, 2015
Profcamsey:
mhen, I'm still kinda confused.... Dunno if you cold drop your number so ah call you so you could explain better... TgusThis is mine 08183926896

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gbsks: 8:18am On Nov 05, 2015
Profcamsey:
so for someone with biological science degree what course will he apply for d.e ? Medicine or anatomy/physiology?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Profcamsey(m): 9:00am On Nov 05, 2015
Gbsks:
so for someone with biological science degree what course will he apply for d.e ? Medicine or anatomy/physiology?
medicine
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by kingjms010(m): 9:20am On Nov 05, 2015
pls sirs, diz is very confusing, wah about graduates of Bsc. Microbiology ...... dey wouldn't be able to gain admission through D.E for Med & Surgery?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gbsks: 9:36am On Nov 05, 2015
Profcamsey:
medicine
OK.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gbsks: 9:46am On Nov 05, 2015
kingjms010:
pls sirs, diz is very confusing, wah about graduates of Bsc. Microbiology ...... dey wouldn't be able to gain admission through D.E for Med & Surgery?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RoastedCorn(m): 9:48am On Nov 05, 2015
Dbrainiac1:

Yep. 2016/17 session
*kneels down and thanks God* . .. And i thought i would spend 7yrs before

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drdonzeez(m): 10:16am On Nov 05, 2015
Profcamsey:
medicine
The question is,Are students still going to be admitted into medicine and Dentistry as from next session?

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by yungest(m): 10:47am On Nov 05, 2015
gud am fellow medics.... plz I wish 2knw which physiology textbook is better n easy 2understnd btw guyton physiology n essential medical physiology by sembulingan....tanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Profcamsey(m): 10:49am On Nov 05, 2015
Drdonzeez:
The question is,Are students still going to be admitted into medicine and Dentistry as from next session?
yes. I have answered that before
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by angiography(m): 11:27am On Nov 05, 2015
Profcamsey:
Yea, exactly
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 11:49am On Nov 05, 2015
RoastedCorn:
*kneels down and thanks God* . .. And i thought i would spend 7yrs before
Gud. Wat level r u in?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Sirkris(m): 12:10pm On Nov 05, 2015
am really amazed at how we have quickly analysed everything. from my view just like in biological science department where student are admitted into, do same courses but with little disparity in final year inform of elective for those that want botany or zoology. this is not going to be so in the 7 year system for mbbs. u will get admitted in mbbs and study all of Human anatomy, medical physiology and medical biochemistry at the end of the fourth year, u will be awarded a degree in whichever you performed better during ur mb3 professionals before proceeding for clinical . for those coming from sciences i.e mcb, zoology etc , u will be admitted into part 2 mbbs to spend 3yrs in preclinical against the 2 years that DE spend i in preclinical nd u will get b.med at the end of preclinical mb u performed outstandingly then comes ur clinical. thanks proudly unimaidite.

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drdonzeez(m): 12:27pm On Nov 05, 2015
Profcamsey:
yes. I have answered that before
OK..That means they are graduating with two degrees after 7 years...but how does this affect the quality of these graduates?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by comfort48: 12:35pm On Nov 05, 2015
hey guys pls save a confused soul.Actually am a graduate of human physiology and served last yr.but do to my desire of going for medicine, I took jamb dis yr and nw am admitted into hundred level medicine and surgery.nw am confused abt dis new policy whether I shuld forfeit dis current admission and apply for d direct entry nxt yr or I shuld continue wit my hundred level and still apply nxt yr or I shuld forget d new policy and focus on d new admission dat is d 7yrs duration. pls am so confused.tanx
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Profcamsey(m): 1:08pm On Nov 05, 2015
comfort48:
hey guys pls save a confused soul.Actually am a graduate of human physiology and served last yr.but do to my desire of going for medicine, I took jamb dis yr and nw am admitted into hundred level medicine and surgery.nw am confused abt dis new policy whether I shuld forfeit dis current admission and apply for d direct entry nxt yr or I shuld continue wit my hundred level and still apply nxt yr or I shuld forget d new policy and focus on d new admission dat is d 7yrs duration. pls am so confused.tanx
Try n apply for D.E next year. That's if the system ll be used. Nigerians can be confused @ atimes. Why didn't u go for DE the 1st place?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 05, 2015
Profcamsey please, I'm nad getting something clear here.... Those people dha are gonna be admitted to study MBBS next year, does dha mean dey won't write MB and PRE - MB exams Again, at 400l , what degree is gonna be awarded and how den can dey kick off from 400l...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Sirkris(m): 1:29pm On Nov 05, 2015
comfort48:

i guess being a graduate of human physiology you should be able to tell others how rigorous mbbs preclinical is compared to some that did just one among the 3 major preclinical mbbs courses(anatomy,physiology and medical biochem). you are expected to ve good knowledge about these three before you proceed to clinical which i think most schools don't really ground single honour students in anatomy physiology and medical biochem well enough as they do to preclinical mbbs students to warrant them starting from clinical classes directly. to me, this 7 year system is still open to debate by various proprietors and regulatory council of medical practice and allied field before adoption. i dont see them hurriedly adopting it. so my advice for you is to stick to ur part 1 and start from there. thanks

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Sirkris(m): 1:29pm On Nov 05, 2015
comfort48:

i guess being a graduate of human physiology you should be able to tell others how rigorous mbbs preclinical is compared to some that did just one among the 3 major preclinical mbbs courses(anatomy,physiology and medical biochem). you are expected to ve good knowledge about these three before you proceed to clinical which i think most schools don't really ground single honour students in anatomy physiology and medical biochem well enough as they do to preclinical mbbs students to warrant them starting from clinical classes directly. to me, this 7 year system is still open to debate by various proprietors and regulatory council of medical practice and allied field before adoption. i dont see them hurriedly adopting it. so my advice for you is to stick to ur part 1 and start from there. thanks proudly unimaidite
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by comfort48: 1:31pm On Nov 05, 2015
Sirkris:

i guess being a graduate of human physiology you should be able to tell others how rigorous mbbs preclinical is compared to some that did just one among the 3 major preclinical mbbs courses(anatomy,physiology and medical biochem). you are expected to ve good knowledge about these three before you proceed to clinical which i think most schools don't really ground single honour students in anatomy physiology and medical biochem well enough as they do to preclinical mbbs students to warrant them starting from clinical classes directly. to me, this 7 year system is still open to debate by various proprietors and regulatory council of medical practice and allied field before adoption. i dont see them hurriedly adopting it. so my advice for you is to stick to ur part 1 and start from there. thanks
Thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by comfort48: 1:41pm On Nov 05, 2015
Profcamsey:
Try n apply for D.E next year. That's if the system ll be used. Nigerians can be confused @ atimes. Why didn't u go for DE the 1st place?
I already applied for direct entry too but d list is nt yet out.tanx
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RoastedCorn(m): 1:43pm On Nov 05, 2015
Dbrainiac1:

Gud. Wat level r u in?
100 . .so you should know the reason behind my happiness
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drdonzeez(m): 1:45pm On Nov 05, 2015
The fact is Everyone is confused here including the NUC/MDCN

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 2:26pm On Nov 05, 2015
comfort48:
New policy. Free advice ,but don't forfeit wat u have nw till u get d other.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 2:27pm On Nov 05, 2015
Sirkris:
am really amazed at how we have quickly analysed everything. from my view just like in biological science department where student are admitted into, do same courses but with little disparity in final year inform of elective for those that want botany or zoology. this is not going to be so in the 7 year system for mbbs. u will get admitted in mbbs and study all of Human anatomy, medical physiology and medical biochemistry at the end of the fourth year, u will be awarded a degree in whichever you performed better during ur mb3 professionals before proceeding for clinical . for those coming from sciences i.e mcb, zoology etc , u will be admitted into part 2 mbbs to spend 3yrs in preclinical against the 2 years that DE spend i in preclinical nd u will get b.med at the end of preclinical mb u performed outstandingly then comes ur clinical. thanks proudly unimaidite.
Well said.
#Unimaidite

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (912) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.