Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,922 members, 7,942,313 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 07:02 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1916478 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (912) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by davidcarson(m): 2:53pm On Jul 27, 2013
alutacontinua: Greetings from aluta to all the newbies!
Would you guys like some chin-chin and zobo drink
nice 2 meet u, i dont mind 2 av one. can i know ur skul?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by mesther96(f): 3:14pm On Jul 27, 2013
yeasmiley
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 27, 2013
'Ben carson'...ur mentor??
davidcarson: lolz... it is just a username best doc, God is my creator, ben carson is my mentor, even if medicine dey drive me dat doesnt turn me into a conductor. nice 2 meet u d best doc, pls i like 2 know ur skul.
na u oo....
Do u fink there's a difference btw a mentor and a role model??...
**Jst a kwstn**
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jul 27, 2013
Enjoy! smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by mesther96(f): 6:51pm On Jul 27, 2013
alutacontinua: Enjoy! smiley smiley
tnx ooooocheesy
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 27, 2013
m.esther96:
tnx ooooocheesy

U're welcome. kiss kiss kiss
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DBestDoc(f): 7:16pm On Jul 27, 2013
davidcarson: lolz... it is just a username best doc, God is my creator, ben carson is my mentor, even if medicine dey drive me dat doesnt turn me into a conductor. nice 2 meet u d best doc, pls i like 2 know ur skul.

Nice to meet you too Carson.

My School is just a medical school like any other.
Do you wanna come over? tongue tongue

Have a great time and enjoy your Zobo cheesy

Good Luck!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by labodinho: 7:27pm On Jul 27, 2013
alutacontinua:

U're welcome. kiss kiss kiss
hmmm.....jst for new comers?? Stalite mouth dey water too nau cos the quantity really shows itz jst for new peepz..........Oya serve stalites too..........D_Best doc and all,I greet o.....Aluta continua.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jul 27, 2013
labodinho: hmmm.....jst for new comers?? Stalite mouth dey water too nau cos the quantity really shows itz jst for new peepz..........Oya serve stalites too..........D_Best doc and all,I greet o.....Aluta continua.

U too dey like food. I'll serve when there's a full house. I no fit do dt kain tin when my bosses are not around.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Saxophemsy: 9:01pm On Jul 27, 2013
survivor10: @part2 OAU stdnt, i dnt undstnd dis 'part' of a tin. We use 'level or yr' here in NAU
part,level,yr all na join
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Saxophemsy: 9:02pm On Jul 27, 2013
Dr_Bode:
My boss!
olabode emmanuel??
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Tobbie9(m): 9:33pm On Jul 27, 2013
Saxophemsy: Cant seem to find OAU students here
well evening peeps,am a part2 medical student repping#OAU..great ife!!
My 1st official post on this thread
saxo, so u still dey come nairaland
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jul 27, 2013
Tobbie9: saxo, so u still dey come nairaland
lol, u too nko?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Saxophemsy: 2:20am On Jul 28, 2013
Tobbie9: saxo, so u still dey come nairaland
tobbie..u sef dy here!am everly on NL oo..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by emergency2: 6:50am On Jul 28, 2013
Its good to be here again after a long silence.
Hope you guy are fine and coping with the enjoyment in med school and other medical related dept

Just to encourage you not to faint, in a short while you will be celebrated. Cheerz
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by hillsnite(m): 7:19am On Jul 28, 2013
Gud morning to yhu'll. Love dis thread.. A medic aspirant. More grease to your elbows.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DBestDoc(f): 7:23am On Jul 28, 2013
labodinho: hmmm.....jst for new comers?? Stalite mouth dey water too nau cos the quantity really shows itz jst for new peepz..........Oya serve stalites too..........D_Best doc and all,I greet o.....Aluta continua.

You're doing good i believe smiley smiley
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Fedric(m): 10:50am On Jul 28, 2013
lol......... Oluta you are funny i will eat your chin-chin only when i am admited so keep it for me ok. I will request for it in future. Lol...... I like your sense of humour. (Wink)
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Jsplash(m): 10:52am On Jul 28, 2013
@Jewel Bukky i tink sey U go come introduce yourself as 1kind 500level medico??
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Jsplash(m): 11:13am On Jul 28, 2013
Hope to join when i gain admision, then i will folow d thread.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 11:16am On Jul 28, 2013
Wow, wetin I miss
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Toluk1(f): 1:27pm On Jul 28, 2013
O.M.E:
hey Tolu, lol ! Physics practs is another story o, aw has d break been ?
fine jare. Hw ar u?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Toluk1(f): 1:29pm On Jul 28, 2013
lomaxx: I've been reading some posts about the fear of physics, mathematics etc amongst MBBS aspirants and MBBS students in situ. There's nothing to be afraid of. Una own better sef.
I was an Arts student in FGC, Ikom. Finished as an Arts student; wrote O'levels in Arts only. Then left secondary school and decided to study Medicine.
I had never done physics before. Never did chemistry. The only science subject I did was biology. But I still wanted Medicine.
Between May/June 2007 and Nov/Dec 2008, I read physics and chemistry on my own, attended a few lessons, sat for WASSCE Nov/Dec that year in the science and arts subjects, smashed them, went on to JAMB & post-UTME smashed them too.
It was in the university during my pre-medical year that the paranoia of physics and chemistry chased me considering where I came from. It was even worse. University physics & chemistry was a lil tougher. But I had all As in all- first and second semester.
And this is where the relevance of this post comes in. You had done the science subjects (physics, maths, etc) in your secondary school. So you have a strong foundation. Or at least, you have a foundation. You have an advantage. Fear not; for the physics you see today, you shall see them no more
*mouth sealed* physics here i come!!!!! :@
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by JewelBukky(f): 2:08pm On Jul 28, 2013
Jsplash: @Jewel Bukky i tink sey U go come introduce yourself as 1kind 500level medico??

hehehehe... 4 wt na? Cnt pretend to b wt m not! Rememba, "Humble thyself n thy father in Heaven will exalt thee" no worry we'll b dia sumday!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by JewelBukky(f): 2:10pm On Jul 28, 2013
mehnn... M salivatin o... wink
mehnn... M salivatin o...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Fedric(m): 2:13pm On Jul 28, 2013
Just like as i have promise to be giving you guys questions. To refresh your celebrum on this strick. Here i come my doctors,..............A 70-year-old woman
presents with facial
discoloration. The
patient is observed to
have a flat pigmented
lesion on the
atrophic, sun-damaged
skin Which is the most likely
diagnosis (be specific)?
....... Oya my doctors answer this.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 2:33pm On Jul 28, 2013
Fedric: Just like as i have promise to be giving you guys questions. To refresh your celebrum on this strick. Here i come my doctors,..............A 70-year-old woman
presents with facial
discoloration. The
patient is observed to
have a flat pigmented
lesion on the
atrophic, sun-damaged
diagnosis (be specific)?

hyperpigmentation or hypopigmentation?

could be a sunburn anyway
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 2:48pm On Jul 28, 2013
Fedric: Just like as i have promise to be giving you guys questions. To refresh your celebrum on this strick. Here i come my doctors,..............A 70-year-old woman
presents with facial
discoloration. The
patient is observed to
have a flat pigmented
lesion on the
atrophic, sun-damaged
diagnosis (be specific)?

malignant melanoma

Reasons:
Age of patient is 70years plus sun damaged skin ..indicating prolonged exposure to sun.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 2:51pm On Jul 28, 2013
Lagusta:

hyperpigmentation or hypopigmentation?

could be a sunburn anyway

Skin discolouration always refers to hyperpigmentation. I learnt this from one dermatologic post on Linda Ikeji's blog sometime ago.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 3:01pm On Jul 28, 2013
lomaxx:

malignant melanoma

Reasons:
Age of patient is 70years plus sun damaged skin ..indicating prolonged exposure to sun.

but a malignant melanoma isn't usually flat, or is it
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 3:10pm On Jul 28, 2013
Lagusta:

but a malignant melanoma isn't usually flat, or is it

Hyperpigmented macules or patches is usually typical of melanomas. Basal cell and squamous cell CA have variable presentations( nodular, plaques , and sometimes ulcerated papules ).

Two things gave the question away
1) chronic sun exposure leads to two common skin changes: ageing changes ( wrinkles et al) and skin cancer.
2) hyperpigmentation has to do with increased melanin production and deposition. So it had to be melanocytes.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jul 28, 2013
Wow....this is exactly what I've been looking for.. Well,I'm an aspirant.....NO scratch that. I'm a Medical student (Its called faith) .. Anxiously waiting for Uniben's Admission List. But I have Soooooooooo many questions to ask. I'll need a go-ahead so I dont end up just talking to MEself grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (912) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.