Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,295 members, 7,977,910 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 03:31 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (911) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1948225 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (908) (909) (910) (911) (912) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zihno: 7:21pm On Aug 12
BlackRainDrops:
Sorry, is this for me? Did you mean to quote someone else?

Hello, sorry about the miss up. Yes, I did mean to quote someone else and I corrected it.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Saviourk: 4:33pm On Aug 14
Cardiojosh:
Good day Chiefs.
Help out here
Sembulingam vs Guyton.

I've been using guyton though, but I must confess ever since I checked sembu I've been having double mind, shey I no go port go semb.

Has anyone gotten a distinction with sembu or close to.
In my school(UNN) for you to pass/ get distinction, you've to give them what they give you. That's to say your slides are enough. Guyton and Sembu is just for further reading or gain more knowledge.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by haybhi1(m): 4:08am On Aug 16
FunmyKemmy:
Hello All,

Please my younger sister scored 287 in Jamb and her choice is UNILORIN.

What are her chances of getting admitted and what does she need to do to be successful?
Intended course?

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Renalman: 6:53am On Aug 16
Zihno:

I’m not even a medical student and I know it is almost impossible to cross to Medicine. Are you sure you’re in medical school? No one will advise even their enemy to study Anatomy or Physiology In Nigeria.
Yes
Unlike most other places, if they've got the necessary qualifications, there is a very high likelihood of crossing here in FUTA.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Stephaustin(m): 7:33am On Aug 16
Doceinstein:
Please I need advice.
I am an mbbs aspirants who scored 339 with 4B3 and 1 A1 currently running JUPEB in unilorin.
But I have an uncle telling me to pick Unilag.But I am scared due to the fact that Unilag mbbs cut off mark was around 86 in 2022,84 in 2023.
And I don't know what it might be in 2024 considering the fact that a lot of people scored 300+ this year.
Unilorin on the other hand has a very slow academic calendar to the extent that the 2023/2024 aspirants haven't been admitted.
I need advice because I don't want to waste 339 this year🙏🙏

You can consider UNIUYO. The school uses only UTME scores to admit, provided you have a minimum of credit in the 5 O'level subjects for medicine.
The cut-off mark has never gotten to 320 before. Also, with the increase in quota to 300, with your score, you can be sure of getting medicine.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Pastorjohn2: 5:44pm On Aug 16
Pastorjohn2:
My part 1 MB results are out.
I'm to resit anatomy and physiology, I can't believe my eyes truly.
More than 50% of my department failed physiology.
How is this even possible but nobody wants to take up the case with school management.

I feel my medical dreams are already over.

Update!
I passed my resitting exams, I just hope this would encourage any other medical student that may be in this same position.

It wasn't funny, I was studying 10 hours per day and some times not sleeping at all.

16 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by SF123(m): 11:09pm On Aug 16
Pastorjohn2:

Update!
I passed my resitting exams, I just hope this would encourage any other medical student that may be in this same position.

It wasn't funny, I was studying 10 hours per day and some times not sleeping at all.
Greetings chief. Please, in medical school; how do you study and learn generally, maybe diagrams and complex stuff
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Pastorjohn2: 3:52am On Aug 17
SF123:
Greetings chief. Please, in medical school; how do you study and learn generally, maybe diagrams and complex stuff
Everyone studies differently but I personally hate textbooks, They make me sleepy and I barely get any substance.
I use youtube ALOT, For anatomy. I used Dr hasna ( a Pakistan female lecturer) She more than enough to cover both obj and theory aspect. I also used Dr bondok as well for anatomy If I needed more knowledge.
For physiology and biochemistry, I used ninja nerd, Mr matt&Mike and a few other people.
I then wrapped up every reading by going through the lecturers slide.

The only time I used textbook was for reading essential physiology when I needed to get info I was struggling to get on the web.

Just to give you a highlight of how much I use youtube, I'd have 600 videos of different topics downloaded grin

On the diagrams part, I'm a very poor drawer so If possible, I always avoid drawing but if you can then pls do because it always carries extra marks.
I only learnt how to draw histology slides because it earned a lot of marks. So ye, always learn how to draw those complex slides.

My study time is usually 10am-4/5pm. I don't study at night as I use that period to do my personal hobbies like maybe watching a movie or gaming, At least make person enjoy life small.

But ofc during my resit period, I studied 24/7 as long as I was awake and took energy drinks to stay awake (this I don't recommend as it gave me mutiple horrible headaches)

Last piece, Always make a note on past questions or questions to constantly revise, It helps to build up residual knowledge, You have to read the same thing like 20 times and you fit still forget am because we study SO MANY things but at least you'd have an IDEA.

Good luck.

4 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by razzydoo(m): 6:42pm On Aug 17
Use all. Ganong, Guyton and Sembu. If you have the ability Sha.
Cardiojosh:
Good day Chiefs.
Help out here
Sembulingam vs Guyton.

I've been using guyton though, but I must confess ever since I checked sembu I've been having double mind, shey I no go port go semb.

Has anyone gotten a distinction with sembu or close to.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Honlucas: 10:21pm On Aug 17
Pls can someone tell me the top 5 fastest medical school biko.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Adaluv12: 11:41pm On Aug 17
Hello everyone,will I get admission to study medicine in unilag through direct entry with a bsc microbiology second class lower? Or should I just try to enter through normal admission?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 8:03pm On Aug 18
Pastorjohn2:

Update!

Beautiful!!! Congratulations!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Pastorjohn2: 9:00am On Aug 19
RuyiMedicDiary:
Beautiful!!! Congratulations!!!
Congrats to you too, I saw the video on you not having to repeat 400 level.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by kayus2009: 10:33am On Aug 19
Hello house
A nephew of mine score 261 in jamb and his 2024 WAEC result is as follows Data processing- A1, Civic Edu-B3, Eng lang-C4, F.maths-A1, G.Maths A1, Agric-B2, Biology B2, Chemistry-B2, Physics-A1.

He chose LASU / Medicine in his UTME. What are his chances of getting admission into Medicine? Thanks

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 8:26pm On Aug 19
My thoughts on research while still in medical school; is it really necessary?

For those who are already into research, I found out a great AI powered research tool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9wIJM8a5-k?si=Jyyyfi54lNOUMk97
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Barbie10: 10:19pm On Aug 19
Please who is in Uniabuja.I’m an aspirant. Mbbs. I want to know if their calendar is fast or slow
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Saviourk: 6:17pm On Aug 20
Good evening pals,
Pls what are the chances of an aspirant with a JAMB score of 313 and WAEC results of C6, C4, B3, B2 getting admitted for medicine in UNICAL?

I really need your inputs. Thanks

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Barbie10: 7:10pm On Aug 20
So nobody in uniabuja here to reply me😔
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by FunmyKemmy(f): 9:05am On Aug 21
haybhi1:
Intended course?

MBBS - Medicine.

Thanks for your response
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by haybhi1(m): 9:24am On Aug 21
FunmyKemmy:

MBBS - Medicine.

Thanks for your response
You're welcome.
If she's doing Medicine, then she has to start preparing very rigorously to hit above 90 in post utme to get it. That's because she's competing with many candidates who scored 300+.

So, first option, score 90+ in post utme.
2nd option, change course to MLS, Physiotherapy, Pharmacy, Radiology.

I'm wishing her success.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by FunmyKemmy(f): 9:32am On Aug 22
haybhi1:
You're welcome.
If she's doing Medicine, then she has to start preparing very rigorously to hit above 90 in post utme to get it. That's because she's competing with many candidates who scored 300+.

So, first option, score 90+ in post utme.
2nd option, change course to MLS, Physiotherapy, Pharmacy, Radiology.

I'm wishing her success.

Thank you very much. I appreciate everything.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by PinkNature(m): 11:39am On Aug 22
FunmyKemmy:
Hello All,

Please my younger sister scored 287 in Jamb and her choice is UNILORIN.

What are her chances of getting admitted and what does she need to do to be successful?

She should try other schools with low cutoff marks. Don't allow her 287 to waste.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by FunmyKemmy(f): 10:02am On Aug 28
PinkNature:

She should try other schools with low cutoff marks. Don't allow her 287 to waste.

Noted with great thanks.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by SF123(m): 1:10am On Aug 30
Pastorjohn2:

Everyone studies differently but I personally hate textbooks, They make me sleepy and I barely get any substance.
I use youtube ALOT, For anatomy. I used Dr hasna ( a Pakistan female lecturer) She more than enough to cover both obj and theory aspect. I also used Dr bondok as well for anatomy If I needed more knowledge.
For physiology and biochemistry, I used ninja nerd, Mr matt&Mike and a few other people.
I then wrapped up every reading by going ahgthrough the lecturers appreciated boss

The only time I used textbook was for reading essential physiology when I needed to get info I was struggling to get on the web.

Just to give you a highlight of how much I use youtube, I'd have 600 videos of different topics downloaded grin

On the diagrams part, I'm a very poor drawer so If possible, I always avoid drawing but if you can then pls do because it always carries extra marks.
I only learnt how to draw histology slides because it earned a lot of marks. So ye, always learn how to draw those complex slides.

My study time is usually 10am-4/5pm. I don't study at night as I use that period to do my personal hobbies like maybe watching a movie or gaming, At least make person enjoy life small.

But ofc during my resit period, I studied 24/7 as long as I was awake and took energy drinks to stay awake (this I don't recommend as it gave me mutiple horrible headaches)

Last piece, Always make a note on past questions or questions to constantly revise, It helps to build up residual knowledge, You have to read the same thing like 20 times and you fit still forget am because we study SO MANY things but at least you'd have an IDEA.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by venmotors(m): 12:11pm On Sep 01
venmotors:
pls I need advice pls
I applied MBBS in UNN my agg is 298.2 and I had cut off is 304.6 and 301 for Enugu
what are chances in sup list
and which cus should I change 2 anatomy or physiology wink
After 6 yrs + 1 I'm proud to announce that I'm now a doctor..the journey was not easy but I thank God that I made this decision
Congratulations to 023 medical graduate from UNN... Congratulations ISIS

10 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by mete3: 12:41pm On Sep 01
Wow. Congratulations Doc
I'm happy for you Sir.

venmotors:

After 6 yrs + 1 I'm proud to announce that I'm now a doctor..the journey was not easy but I thank God that I made this decision

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by FunmyKemmy(f): 9:32am On Sep 02
venmotors:

Hearty Congratulations, more greater achievements amen

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Rursh(m): 12:47pm On Sep 02
venmotors:

Congratulations to
medical graduate from UNN... Congratulations ISIS

Congratulations my dear friend, wishing you more success in life.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Rursh(m): 12:48pm On Sep 02
AmbFitsaint:

Medicine is the safest career out there any where in the world. People are being made redundant in tech industries.
And as a doctor , just aim to practice medicine in Aussie, Canada and US. Your life would never remain the same . You would out earn techies or earn at their level.

It's been a long time on this thread. Just stumbled upon it again. Came as an aspirant, finished medical school , typing as a family medicine resident doc in the UK.

Kudos to everyone

Congratulations Dr. Vincent.

The SJC quiet boy that year. SJC!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Rursh(m): 12:51pm On Sep 02
Doceinstein:
Please I need advice.
I am an mbbs aspirants who scored 339 with 4B3 and 1 A1 currently running JUPEB in unilorin.
But I have an uncle telling me to pick Unilag.But I am scared due to the fact that Unilag mbbs cut off mark was around 86 in 2022,84 in 2023.
And I don't know what it might be in 2024 considering the fact that a lot of people scored 300+ this year.
Unilorin on the other hand has a very slow academic calendar to the extent that the 2023/2024 aspirants haven't been admitted.
I need advice because I don't want to waste 339 this year🙏🙏

Try checking on UNIPORT, thank me later
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by tom4greatness: 1:11pm On Sep 02
Rocky Rabbit Airdrop this month. Join quickly
https:///rocky_rabbit_bot/play?startapp=frId5495374116
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Cardiojosh(m): 3:54pm On Sep 04
razzydoo:
Use all. Ganong, Guyton and Sembu. If you have the ability Sha.
Thanks chief.
Time is the enemy here

(1) (2) (3) ... (908) (909) (910) (911) (912) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.