Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,997 members, 7,876,771 topics. Date: Monday, 01 July 2024 at 06:28 AM

Truthislight - Come And Show Us The Truth - A Discussion - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Truthislight - Come And Show Us The Truth - A Discussion (2102 Views)

A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I / Debunked!!! BERNIMORE Truthislight Canticles Loveroftruth BIBLESPEAKS Not ONE / BERNIMORE, Truthislight ,canticles, Loveroftruth, BIBLESPEAKS Re The Same Person (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Truthislight - Come And Show Us The Truth - A Discussion by truthislight: 4:16pm On Sep 20, 2012
mkmyers45:

Wonder why you are running away...

how?

Its opened for all.

Again, i have been so so busy.

Your beautiful question to Chukwudi44 was very apropriate like i had earlier pointed out.

I should rather be asking you if you are satisfied with the explanations given so far for the reasons for excluding those books and what they feel the error/omission was that they wished to correct by the inclusion of those books now?

Why do they wished to nullify the action that was taken by those that were living at about the time that some of those books were written?

These people had first hand information concerning the sources of those books and they took what they considered to be the best ACTION then.

The 66 books in circulation(bible) is sufficient for teaching.

Again, when the need does arise i will continue to make my contributions on the thread.
Peace.
Re: Truthislight - Come And Show Us The Truth - A Discussion by truthislight: 4:43pm On Sep 20, 2012
gst101: @truth, the reason you have 66 books in yours instead of more is that; you took your bible from the protestants. The protestants adopted the jewish cannon. In the council of jamnia, the jews rejected the books in the detrocannonicals, which was widely used among the jews before t he council of jamnia. The reason been that, the books were not written in the 'holy' language of the 'chosen people'. You know the jews with their ethnocentric attitude. These are people who believe taking a greek to the temple is desicrating the temple as they accused paul of doing when they arrested him in jerusalem. But tell me, which language is chosen and which one is not
^^^
are you insinuating that there were no canonised books that where given offically as the canon, that peoples simply chose whatever they wanted?

Certain argument are so discouraging and this is definitely such.

I had never wanted to give a reply to this post initially and am really not happy for replying it.

John 4:22:
Jesus said " salvation originated with the Jews" so your being critical of their actions then here is very self defeating and strange.

They Jews wrote all the books of the OT.
All of Jesus apostles were Jews.
Jesus parent were Jews.
Abraham was a Jew.
The first christians were Jews, etc etc etc.

@mkmyer45
you seem not to have seen anything wrong with this post?
Re: Truthislight - Come And Show Us The Truth - A Discussion by mkmyers45(m): 5:41pm On Sep 20, 2012
truthislight:

how?

Its opened for all.

Again, i have been so so busy.

Your beautiful question to Chukwudi44 was very apropriate like i had earlier pointed out.

I should rather be asking you if you are satisfied with the explanations given so far for the reasons for excluding those books and what they feel the error/omission was that they wished to correct by the inclusion of those books now?

Why do they wished to nullify the action that was taken by those that were living at about the time that some of those books were written?

These people had first hand information concerning the sources of those books and they took what they considered to be the best ACTION then.

The 66 books in circulation(bible) is sufficient for teaching.

Again, when the need does arise i will continue to make my contributions on the thread.
Peace.
I am asking :Is inspired by God not scripture? How
were news books
accepted into the bible since it
was over time? How were they verified to be truly God inspired?
Re: Truthislight - Come And Show Us The Truth - A Discussion by Nobody: 7:15am On Sep 21, 2012
@truthislight

73 books were canonised by the christian church of the fourth century and not 66.Please get your fact right.The protestants in the nineteenth century removed 7 books of the christian oT and went ahead to adopt the jewish canon as their OT.In effect what protestants are using today is a hybrid canon I.e combination of hebrew canon and the catholic NT
Re: Truthislight - Come And Show Us The Truth - A Discussion by Nobody: 7:17am On Sep 21, 2012
@truthislight

73 books were canonised by the christian church of the fourth century and not 66.Please get your fact right.The protestants in the nineteenth century removed 7 books of the christian oT and went ahead to adopt the jewish canon as their OT.In effect what protestants are using today is a hybrid canon I.e combination of hebrew canon and the catholic NT.

The first christian bible had 73 books and not 66.Any bible with less than 73 books is incomplete
Re: Truthislight - Come And Show Us The Truth - A Discussion by Nobody: 7:19am On Sep 21, 2012
[/quote]our beautiful question to Chu
kwudi44 was very apropriate like i had earlier pointed out [quote]

The questions were actually directed to you and not me.I only stepped in when you evaded the questions
Re: Truthislight - Come And Show Us The Truth - A Discussion by Nobody: 7:26am On Sep 21, 2012
[/quote]They Jews wrote all the books of the OT.
All of Jesus apostles were Jews.
Jesus parent were Jews.
Abraham was a Jew.
The first christians were Jews, etc etc et [quote]

Well the jewish canon did not recognise Jesus christ nor any of the books of the NT.In fact one of the reasons the council of jamnia sat was to isolate the jewish faith from the xtian faith as they saw xtians had begun to make use of their scriptures.If you want to abide by the jewish canon then good for you but you have to reject Jesus and the entire NT like they did
Re: Truthislight - Come And Show Us The Truth - A Discussion by Nobody: 7:41am On Sep 21, 2012
Judaism was the rightful religion from the begining of creation till good friday.Christianity became the rightful religion from easter sunday.

Don't come here to preach to me that abraham and the OT prophets were jews because they just seem puerile

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Wrote The Three First Gospels Of The New Testament? / God Is Not Looking At Your Sins To Judge You / Why Must You Shout While Praying?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.