Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,061 members, 7,966,901 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 06:59 AM

What Is The Purpose Of Praying Xtain And Muslimi Prayers At National Events? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Purpose Of Praying Xtain And Muslimi Prayers At National Events? (462 Views)

FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem / Why We Are Hosting Several National Events – Governor Wike / Buhari Attended Jumaat Prayers At Mambila Mosque Earlier This Afternoon [photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Purpose Of Praying Xtain And Muslimi Prayers At National Events? by ugosly(m): 2:25pm On Sep 17, 2012
I find it very amusingly annoying every time I watch a National event on live television to see a blatant display of religious dichotomy amongst the unrepentant corrupt elites whom we call leaders.
Must there be prayers at such events,afterall Nigeria is a secular state,and if at all,they must pray,why can,t they just pray in the belief or faith of whosoever is the sitting C-in C and get the event over with.I just dont seem to get it.
And on a lighter note,I wonder why they dont include moments of appeasement for the traditionalists,..just imagine an old man with white chalk painted over one eye,sipping schnapps and kolanut and reeling out incantations in a loud voice,lol...I think the traditionalists in the country should sue the FGN for failing to recognize their religion,as I strongly believe they too are Nigerians with a belief system deserve some recognition.

(1) (Reply)

Kidnappers Free Edo Deputy Governor's Spokesman / ANPP Flays NBS Over N5,000 Note / Message To President Goodluck Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.