Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,497 members, 7,885,111 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 11:28 PM

Infidelity: Objective Analysis - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Infidelity: Objective Analysis (2819 Views)

Why A Woman's Infidelity Is Worse Than A Man's / ‘House Husbands’ More Prone To Infidelity –Study / He/she Is 'just A Friend'.12 Signs Of An Emotional Infidelity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Infidelity: Objective Analysis by BluStreak(m): 3:59pm On Sep 17, 2012
No too much rambling so I'm going straight to the point.
Question: is it possible for a young woman whose husband has been away seeking for greener pasture for upwards of 3yrs to still remain faithful to the husband bearing in mind her age group? She is between 27 & 30 years.
Re: Infidelity: Objective Analysis by Kobojunkie: 4:02pm On Sep 17, 2012
BluStreak: No too much rambling so I'm going straight to the point.
Question: is it possible for a young woman whose husband has been away seeking for greener pasture for upwards of 3yrs to still remain faithful to the husband bearing in mind her age group? She is between 27 & 30 years.

Of course it is possible. No one(men and women) is involuntarily dragged into cheating. Cheating, like eating, is a decision, a choice.
Re: Infidelity: Objective Analysis by k2039: 4:19pm On Sep 17, 2012
Her chances of being faithful after three years is 0.000001%,and decreases by a fraction of 1/1000000 every single year after that.

Summary:it is possible but very unlikely
Re: Infidelity: Objective Analysis by coogar: 7:15pm On Sep 17, 2012

it's impossible! don't let anyone deceive you especially when the woman in question resides in nigeria.
Re: Infidelity: Objective Analysis by slimyem: 9:29pm On Sep 17, 2012
It is possible in Nigeria and any other place in the world for that matter...
Fidelity is a choice...infidelity is too.
..and everyone is responsible for the choices they make at any point in time!
Staying true to one's partner against all odds is subject to individualism!

1 Like

Re: Infidelity: Objective Analysis by 2mch(m): 10:26pm On Sep 17, 2012
Just focus on your union and stop bothering yourself with unnecessary fantasies. I dont think you are busy enough. Why are you looking to add drama to your life? If you have evidence that your wife is cheating. Confront her with it, and remember to keep your relationship issues between the two of you. No outsider has a right to determine the direction of your relationship or speculate about unnecessary and non existent fears. Ask yourself, are you questioning your wife because you yourself have cheated? Take it easy, and focus on the good things, and leave things you have no control over. undecided. After all you made the decision as a family to relocate and seek a better future. Now you are becoming insecure about distance. If you are this worried, what is stopping you from going home to see them, or they (your wife and kids if any) coming over?

2 Likes

Re: Infidelity: Objective Analysis by TV01(m): 10:45pm On Sep 17, 2012
A simplistic scenario, to which the simplistic response is "yes (it is)".

Introducing any number of other variables will mean reconsidering this "objective" analysis, even if it doesn't change the conclusion.

Hope all's well.

Best
TV
Re: Infidelity: Objective Analysis by EfemenaXY: 11:34pm On Sep 17, 2012

I find posts like this one really irritating!

Why is the woman the main focus here? Can this man, hand on heart swear that his zippers have remained intact since he went off to seek greener pastures?

Nigerian men and their insecurity issues. angry

@poster, since you're so worried about your wife's perceived infidelity, then why did you leave her in the first place? What was the rush to get married if you weren't financially sound - to avoid scenarios of you having to abandon her? angry angry

WHAT A HATEFUL POST!

1 Like

Re: Infidelity: Objective Analysis by Johndoe100(m): 1:11pm On Sep 18, 2012

If your wife is in Nigeria, let me have her details, I will monitor her and her activities for you. If she tries to cheat or any such crap I will let you know immediately.
Re: Infidelity: Objective Analysis by BluStreak(m): 2:27pm On Sep 18, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ROTFLMAO on all the direct attacks. This has nothing to do with me. (I full ground here for naija lol). My curiosity was only aroused by the flags flown by a neighbor/friend's wife. The guy is in far away foreign land sweating it out and sending money home so she can take care of herself and their 3 little kids. She is a stay-at-home mum, so has no job neither does she do any business. I am concerned not because I intend confronting her or reporting to her hubby, its just painful to think she is cheating on her hubby with a married ex who she claims is a friend. This guy comes to the house very often and buys stuffs for the kids. He stays over most weekends too. I admit nothing is impossible (that includes sleeping with the ex) as the relationship might truly be on platonic basis.

Its none of my business sha. I threw it open here just to hear what folks think.
Re: Infidelity: Objective Analysis by Sagamite(m): 10:54am On Sep 19, 2012
k2039: Her chances of being faithful after three years is 0.000001%,and decreases by a fraction of 1/1000000 every single year after that.

Summary:it is possible but very unlikely

Very good answer.

@OP, yes it is if you want an answer based on existence of a singular occurrence.

If you want a more realistic answer, then you have to use odds and generality. In that case one can easily say it is not possible if logic and common sense is being applied.

A singular occurence of 1 woman in thousands that would not do it should be rendered insignificant.

The reality of life is that even if you are Brad Pitt, Ryan Reynolds or Sagamite, your partner will not find only you attractive in the world. We are all attracted to and have the aptitude to be attracted to multiple people and have our triggers.

For a woman who has a man somewhere else, she would have many people hitting on her and she would like the feeling. If one of the people is a guy she fancies and is attracted to, he plays his cards right and is persistent, it is cakes and teas.

For a man who has a woman somewhere else, if he tries to be committed then he is in trouble if he has qualities that make him eligible (wealth, charisma, style etc) because that is when women would be more attracted to him (they can not have him). They would then start hitting on him harder because it is a challenge and an ego boost if they are the one that breaks him. If girls with the right mathematical dimensions and configurations for their bodies that he is normally attracted to start hitting on him over and over again, it would get to his head and between his legs, then it is cakes and teas.

As they say, a woman needs a reason to cheat. But as Sagamite has intellectually added, a woman would gaddam find the reason when she wants one to cheat.

Three years away is a gaddam solid and easy-to-find reason to cheat by virtually all women. Women have their needs and one of it is emotional security. They love to be loved and pampered. Most even marry you guys not because they love you but because they love the way you love them. If you are not there to satisfy that need, it might be cakes and teas.

Moreover, she might do it because she (1) thinks the guy will be doing the same thing anyway where he is and (2) she is confident the guy will never find out and hence no harm. Afterall, she is a woman, she has incredible, misleading, inappropriate and complaisant privilege of "benefit of doubt" when it comes to cheating. The man is guilty until proven innocent.

That is pure reality.

2 Likes

Re: Infidelity: Objective Analysis by Sagamite(m): 11:05am On Sep 19, 2012
BluStreak: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ROTFLMAO on all the direct attacks. This has nothing to do with me. (I full ground here for naija lol). My curiosity was only aroused by the flags flown by a neighbor/friend's wife. The guy is in far away foreign land sweating it out and sending money home so she can take care of herself and their 3 little kids. She is a stay-at-home mum, so has no job neither does she do any business. I am concerned not because I intend confronting her or reporting to her hubby, its just painful to think she is cheating on her hubby with a married ex who she claims is a friend. This guy comes to the house very often and buys stuffs for the kids. He stays over most weekends too. I admit nothing is impossible (that includes sleeping with the ex) as the relationship might truly be on platonic basis.

Its none of my business sha. I threw it open here just to hear what folks think.

Her married ex comes over and stays in the house for the weekend sometimes and you state "the relationship might truly be on platonic basis". grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ah! Kai, men are so gullible. See benefit of doubt. grin grin grin
Re: Infidelity: Objective Analysis by Ivynwa(f): 3:30pm On Sep 21, 2012
How can a married woman have a man sleeping over in her marital home while her husband is away? This Obodo Oyibo matter sometimes dey spoil things sha. It is not impossible to be faithful for that length of time but a married couple should not stay apart that long cause this matter has split many marriages. I have even seen a neighbour pastor wey enter UK marry another woman send message to im wife say make she find another man.

I also know this young man that boldly says that he has asked his wife in Nigeria that if she gets too h-orny that she can be with another man but that she shouldn't bring home pregnancies, he is being honest because he is being with other women abroad too. I guess theirs is what one will call an open marriage. All in all long separation is not very healthy in a marital union.

1 Like

Re: Infidelity: Objective Analysis by BluStreak(m): 8:37am On Sep 22, 2012
@Saga, I gbadu your analysis straight-up dude. The lady in question is close to my wife & she (my wife) has cautioned her on the impending dangers of their closeness considering her state of ѕєχυαℓ deprivation. She adviced that at the moment, she will be very vulnerable and shouldn't be putting herself in a very tempting position. At the same time the unhealthy relationship might flag off suspicion on the part of her in-laws which they will not hesitate to transmit to their son abroad.

We know it is very likely that nothing is happening as she has claimed oº°˚ but, the probability from all indications is 1/999.
Re: Infidelity: Objective Analysis by Sagamite(m): 9:43am On Sep 22, 2012
BluStreak: @Saga, I gbadu your analysis straight-up dude. The lady in question is close to my wife & she (my wife) has cautioned her on the impending dangers of their closeness considering her state of ѕєχυαℓ deprivation. She adviced that at the moment, she will be very vulnerable and shouldn't be putting herself in a very tempting position. At the same time the unhealthy relationship might flag off suspicion on the part of her in-laws which they will not hesitate to transmit to their son abroad.

We know it is very likely that nothing is happening as she has claimed oº°˚ but, the probability from all indications is 1/999.

Something is definitely happening.

You will have to catch koboko directly in a woman before they can ever admit their cheating. Her denial means shyt to a man like me. grin
Re: Infidelity: Objective Analysis by monkeyleg: 1:26pm On Sep 22, 2012
sorry, but if the story is as you state it. The woman is damn wicked. her Husbands goes away to sweat to bring money home for her and the kids, and the best she can do is entertain another man in his absence. Not wanting to be alarmist here, but she must be sternly cautioned, if that foolish married man "Taking advantage of her" can not stay away, I think it is only right and proper that husband knows whats going on, after all if it is all innocent, there is nothing to be scared of.

If the man did not do his best to support his family, he will be critisized as being lazy, now her does, wife takes advantage to bring ex-lover home to spend the Night, which kind wahala be dis. Damned if you do, Damned of you dont
Re: Infidelity: Objective Analysis by BluStreak(m): 11:43pm On Sep 26, 2012
monkeyleg: sorry, but if the story is as you state it. The woman is damn wicked. her Husbands goes away to sweat to bring money home for her and the kids, and the best she can do is entertain another man in his absence. Not wanting to be alarmist here, but she must be sternly cautioned, if that foolish married man "Taking advantage of her" can not stay away, I think it is only right and proper that husband knows whats going on, after all if it is all innocent, there is nothing to be scared of.

If the man did not do his best to support his family, he will be critisized as being lazy, now her does, wife takes advantage to bring ex-lover home to spend the Night, which kind wahala be dis. Damned if you do, Damned of you dont

Straight to the point of my biggest concern on the matter. It hurts really bad but I won't be the one to report either to the guy or his parents. Everyday for the thief, one day for the house owner. E ∂єƔ pain me sha wella I no go lie. This guys works 16hrs a day & sends this beach like N150k (so she said oº°˚, no proof sha) every month for upkeep. She's never been able to save a penny of this upkeep allowee from all indications, its not my concern sha oº°˚ but its hurts. I am a man & I don't pray my wife does same to me.
Re: Infidelity: Objective Analysis by Mrsmansson(f): 9:03am On Sep 27, 2012
BluStreak:

Straight to the point of my biggest concern on the matter. It hurts really bad but I won't be the one to report either to the guy or his parents. Everyday for the thief, one day for the house owner. E ∂єƔ pain me sha wella I no go lie. This guys works 16hrs a day & sends this beach like N150k (so she said oº°˚, no proof sha) every month for upkeep. She's never been able to save a penny of this upkeep allowee from all indications, its not my concern sha oº°˚ but its hurts. I am a man & I don't pray my wife does same to me.

So is 150k so big for a woman and 3 kids to spend that it has to show on her and how can it show pls.U seem like a woman wrapper to me.
Re: Infidelity: Objective Analysis by dirifred(m): 10:09am On Sep 27, 2012
My question to you is simple, are u asking this about your wife? if u are, u don't trust her. You have JUDGED her GUILTY even if she is or not. You are simply looking for who will join you to crucify her. Can your sister be faithful in that same case? In my conclusion is very possible, just know who you married.
Re: Infidelity: Objective Analysis by BluStreak(m): 1:38pm On Sep 27, 2012
@Mrs Mansson: N150k to a frugal person is enough and one can even make savings from it considering the fact that clothings and some other essentials are sent in from abroad. To some people, N150k aint enough and to others, it is more than enough. These 3 kids are 6,4 & 3yrs old. Differents strokes for different folks.

@Dirifred: If my sister attempts such, I will repremand her myself and also support her hubby in any punishment he chose including divorce let alone my own wife (She no dey fear? See divorce on top table). I dont condone evil cos thats what I will call this act. Like I have always affairmed, it is none of my business. I have never treated her any less despite how I feel about her actions.

Well, I just wanted to get people's opinion. She is actually doing it with the guy and I know about it. She came to seek councel from me because of the respect she has for me. She hasnt told my wife about it and I have not disclosed to my wife either and will not (maybe I will when we eventually move). I feel bad about that sha so I wanted just to know if there is any justification for the act. Its not as if I am just accusing her falsely.
Re: Infidelity: Objective Analysis by Sagamite(m): 1:53pm On Sep 27, 2012
BluStreak: @Mrs Mansson: N150k to a frugal person is enough and one can even make savings from it considering the fact that clothings and some other essentials are sent in from abroad. To some people, N150k aint enough and to others, it is more than enough. These 3 kids are 6,4 & 3yrs old. Differents strokes for different folks.

@Dirifred: If my sister attempts such, I will repremand her myself and also support her hubby in any punishment he chose including divorce let alone my own wife (She no dey fear? See divorce on top table). I dont condone evil cos thats what I will call this act. Like I have always affairmed, it is none of my business. I have never treated her any less despite how I feel about her actions.

Well, I just wanted to get people's opinion. She is actually doing it with the guy and I know about it. She came to seek councel from me because of the respect she has for me. She hasnt told my wife about it and I have not disclosed to my wife either and will not (maybe I will when we eventually move). I feel bad about that sha so I wanted just to know if there is any justification for the act. Its not as if I am just accusing her falsely.

Whether there is justification or not, frankly it is not any of us' business.

She owes us nothing.

The only person she owes something is her husband.

1 Like

Re: Infidelity: Objective Analysis by Tgirl4real(f): 2:42pm On Sep 27, 2012
Sagamite:

Whether there is justification or not, frankly it is not any of us' business.

She owes us nothing.

The only person she owes something is her husband.

Well said!

Why will u leave ur wife for 3 years sef? I'm sure the man sef dey gba away runs. cheesy

BluStreak: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ROTFLMAO on all the direct attacks. This has nothing to do with me. (I full ground here for naija lol). My curiosity was only aroused by the flags flown by a neighbor/friend's wife. The guy is in far away foreign land sweating it out and sending money home so she can take care of herself and their 3 little kids. She is a stay-at-home mum, so has no job neither does she do any business. I am concerned not because I intend confronting her or reporting to her hubby, its just painful to think she is cheating on her hubby with a married ex who she claims is a friend. This guy comes to the house very often and buys stuffs for the kids. He stays over most weekends too. I admit nothing is impossible (that includes sleeping with the ex) as the relationship might truly be on platonic basis.

shocked shocked shocked shocked

Chei!!!
Re: Infidelity: Objective Analysis by Mrsmansson(f): 3:50pm On Sep 27, 2012
The man has actually spent some time away from her sef.3yrs without seeing your wife.am sure the wife knew the kind of marriage she was going into and she still went in.People should know what they want before marriage,either distance or staying together.i met a friend who prefers distance marriage and so far is working for her.like my husband personally cant stand not seeing me even for a week.
Re: Infidelity: Objective Analysis by ronkebp(f): 3:51pm On Sep 27, 2012

the Bible requires faithfulness if you are a christain and i am sure the muslims believe that too....The truth is the body cannot hold on for that long, only if you have subdued and subjected it to total obedience, and very few people do that. So it is very possible for a lady to have affairs or choose to remain faithful....it is just a personal decision.

Some women will be kissing a guy and at the back of their mind, they will be thinking out loud " oh no, this is so wrong, i am not supposed to be doing this, but i can't help it, oh no, please save me", meanwhile the guys hands has slipped to different part of the body....loobaatan!!!!!
Re: Infidelity: Objective Analysis by Sagamite(m): 4:23pm On Sep 27, 2012
ronkebp:

the Bible requires faithfulness if you are a christain and i am sure the muslims believe that too....The truth is the body cannot hold on for that long, only if you have subdued and subjected it to total obedience, and very few people do that. So it is very possible for a lady to have affairs or choose to remain faithful....it is just a personal decision.

Some women will be kissing a guy and at the back of their mind, they will be thinking out loud " oh no, this is so wrong, i am not supposed to be doing this, but i can't help it, oh no, please save me", meanwhile the guys hands has slipped to different part of the body....loobaatan!!!!!

Kai! You must have bought and read my biography. shocked
Re: Infidelity: Objective Analysis by Tgirl4real(f): 7:59pm On Sep 27, 2012
ronkebp:

Sis Ronkus!!! grin grin grin

Ermmm...she neva sin na. Shebi na only touching and twas a moment of weakness grin grin

Btw, d bible also said spouses shouldn't deny eachother of sex except there's mutual consent and it should be only for few days.

Sagamite:

See confession o grin grin grin
Re: Infidelity: Objective Analysis by ronkebp(f): 10:15pm On Sep 27, 2012
Sagamite:

Really?? you add married women too to the queue ni?? wink wink slip your hands every where abi?
Re: Infidelity: Objective Analysis by ronkebp(f): 10:16pm On Sep 27, 2012
Tgirl4real:

Sis Ronkus!!! grin grin grin

Ermmm...she neva sin na. Shebi na only touching and twas a moment of weakness grin grin

Btw, d bible also said spouses shouldn't deny eachother of sex except there's mutual consent and it should be only for few days.

See confession o grin grin grin

Tgirl, trust me, there are some places the hands should not reach, if it does, then there would be fire on the mountain....
Re: Infidelity: Objective Analysis by dayokanu(m): 11:24pm On Sep 27, 2012
Its the fault of both the husband and the wife.

I dont see any reason why a married couple should be separated for upwards of 3yrs. Thats why when you are married and have children its either you find means of travelling with your wife or just stay where you are.
Re: Infidelity: Objective Analysis by Sagamite(m): 7:08am On Sep 28, 2012
ronkebp:

Really?? you add married women too to the queue ni?? wink wink slip your hands every where abi?

Go and ask jennykadry, chaircover, Efemena_xy and Tgirl4real?

I need say no more. cool
Re: Infidelity: Objective Analysis by Nobody: 7:24am On Sep 28, 2012
Re: Infidelity: Objective Analysis by Tgirl4real(f): 8:36am On Sep 28, 2012
ronkebp:

Tgirl, trust me, there are some places the hands should not reach, if it does, then there would be fire on the mountain....

I was fooling around ni o. Can't u see...grin

Sagamite:

Go and ask jennykadry, chaircover, Efemena_xy and Tgirl4real?

I need say no more. cool

See alakoba o

U wan make my runaway hubby of 7 years send me packing? Abeg, I still dey enjoy d monthly allawee u can not gimmie o. No pour sand sand for ma garri tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Right To Beat Your Child?- NFL Player Deactivated For Beating His Son / Video.big Shame Married Woman Caught With Her Family Doctor On Hidden Camera / How Is Contraction Felt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.