Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,671 members, 7,889,195 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 03:46 AM

Uduaghan: To Whom Honour Is Due. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uduaghan: To Whom Honour Is Due. (851 Views)

Uduaghan To Be Probe For Corruption Charges / Delta Youths Drag Gov Uduaghan To EFCC As Request For His Impeachment / Ex-militants Urge Uduaghan To Sign Anti-terrorism Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uduaghan: To Whom Honour Is Due. by obazman(m): 8:27pm On Sep 17, 2012
Uduaghan: To Whom Honour Is Due

When deeds are honourable, heralds will sound on their own —Chinese Proverb.

Make no mistake about it: He was not born with a silver spoon in his mouth. His rise to stardom and prominence can only be attributed to the twin factors of providence and diligence.
[color=#000099][/color]
Dr. Emmanuel Eweta Uduaghan spent years in private medical practiceafter a stint with Delta Steel Company(DSC) which he joined upon graduation. Although those were years spent in seeming obscurity, he never relented until providence threw him up as a civil commissioner in charge of health. This was when Chief James Onanefe Ibori held sway as the Executive Governor of Delta State, precisely during the first tenure of the erstwhile governor. Dr. Uduaghan was later appointed as Secretary to the State Government (SSG) during the second and final lap of the Ibori’s administration.

Having been roundly equipped and thoroughly groomed in the nitty-gritty of government and governance, Dr. Uduaghan, in 2006, voted to throw his political cap in the ring for the exalted office of the governor of Delta State. It was not surprising that Deltans, in their quest to elect an experienced hand who could take the state to the next level of rapid development, voted overwhelming for the medical doctor-turned– politician.

With the benefit of hindsight, Dr. Uduaghan had, during his electioneering campaign, compartmentalized the challenges of the state into peace and security; human capital development and infrastructural development. This three-point agenda has not only remained the cardinal focus of his administration (during his first and now in his second tenures) but has been vigorously pursued.

No sooner had he assumed office in 2007 than he inaugurated the Waterways Security Committee which, in no small way, helped to restore peace and security in the creeks and waterways in the state which were hitherto volatile and unsafe. What is more, the police and other security outfits in the state have enjoyed increased support and partnership of the state government which, interestingly, has resulted in the palpable peace and tranquility across the state.

The Uduaghan-led administration’s commitment to delivering on the human capital element of the three-prong agenda has led to the birth of such laudable programmes as the Delta State Micro-Credit Programme (DMCP) which aims at empowering the urban poor and economically weak persons and creating wealth, particularly at the grassroots; scholarship schemes for students, at all levels; free maternal healthcare and free treatment for children between age zero to five; massive employment of teachers and so on.

Infrastructural, the state has never had it so good. In what could pass for an infrastructural revolution, very economically strategic roads in the state have either been constructed or dualized, including the Ode-Itsekiri, Ughelli/Asaba, Old Lagos/Asaba/Agbor roads. Besides, such mega projects as the new Government House and the Asaba International Airport have also been embarked on by the Uduaghan administration.

Needless mentioning that 10 model schools are being built simultaneously across the state; 60 undergoing massive renovations, aside the numerous primary and secondary schools that have been renovated and built across the three senatorial districts.

But that is not all. Dr. Uduaghan’s administration’s determination to wean the state of its dependence on oil and, therefore, diversify its economy has given birth to the novel concept of “Delta Without Oil.” In line with this vision, the state has been relentless in channeling the proceeds from oil and gas in such sectors as agriculture, tourism and other wealth creating and revenue generating projects.

The administration has also shot itself into international reckoning with its climate change campaign and crusade for green economy. Remarkably, too, such laudable projects as the Export Processing Zone (EPZ) in Koko were I'm from mantanaly; ICT Park in Asaba; Delta Leisure Resort in Oleri and the ilks, have put the state on a global map and repositioned it for greater tomorrow.

Any surprise, therefore, that the arrow-head behind these innovations and the quiet revolution going on in virtually all sectors of the state’s economy has been severally honoured for his visionary leadership? In 2009 and 2010, respectively, the Central Bank of Nigeria(CBN), back to back, conferred the honour of Best Supporting Governor for Micro Financing, Agriculture and Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) on the governor of uncommon insight.

Even from the religious community, the Enugu Diocese of the Church of Nigeria, Anglican Communion, recently zeroed on the Govenor for an award for his efforts at developing Delta State and empowering its people and, by extension, humanity.

Today, in what many have described as an icing on the cake, the Federal Government of Nigeria has voted to honour this detribalized and distinguished governor with the conferment of the prestigious award of the Commander of the Order of the Niger (CON) on him. Would it be any surprise if the next recognition comes from such international organization as United Nations Organization? As a matter of fact, no award or honour will be too much for the Warri ‘Boy’ who has selflessly served, and still serving, humanity for posterity sake.

Congratulations, Your Excellency on your well-deserved initiation into the league of Commanders of the Order of the Niger
Re: Uduaghan: To Whom Honour Is Due. by k2039: 8:32pm On Sep 17, 2012

Re: Uduaghan: To Whom Honour Is Due. by EfeTony6(m): 9:44pm On Sep 17, 2012
[i][/i][color=#550000][/color] Who the cap fit,let him wear it. He is a man who don't go to bed until he get's results.He has never give up to any challenge.I heard he said it was the Finger God.Congrat ![b][/b]
Re: Uduaghan: To Whom Honour Is Due. by redsun(m): 9:52pm On Sep 17, 2012
EfeTony6: [i][/i][color=#550000][/color] Who the cap fit let him wear it. He is a man who don't go to bed until he get's results.He has a lion's spirit he don't give up to any challenges.I hear him saying without the finger of God he is nothing.Congrat !

He is also a guy that champion ghost worker sacm.Using the federal government allocation for the people of delta to pay thousands of ghost workers.His agony will be worse tahn that of ibori,when he becomes an ordinary thief.

I dont know how he paid you guys foe this rubbish?
Re: Uduaghan: To Whom Honour Is Due. by samallaydyce: 9:59pm On Sep 17, 2012
These write up is this worst i have come across in my life,hiping praises on a fraudster and the worst governor that rigged his way in government,we all knw 90% of the awardees bought it either by work done for the retaarden or job done for the cabals,the funny thing they never seems to know is what happens to them when they die.
Re: Uduaghan: To Whom Honour Is Due. by EfeTony6(m): 10:01pm On Sep 17, 2012
Redsun,produce facts and stop barking.Na big name they kill small dog o...
Re: Uduaghan: To Whom Honour Is Due. by EfeTony6(m): 10:07pm On Sep 17, 2012
sam allaydyce: These write up is this worst i have come across in my life,hiping praises on a fraudster and the worst governor that rigged his way in government,we all knw 90% of the awardees bought it either by work done for the retaarden or job done for the cabals,the funny thing they never seems to know is what happens to them when they die.
Rumors kills faster then facts.sam allaydyce,please back up your comments with facts.And stop barking at your own shadow.
Re: Uduaghan: To Whom Honour Is Due. by redsun(m): 10:07pm On Sep 17, 2012
EfeTony6: Redsun,produce facts and stop barking.Na big name they kill small dog o...

"Fact" you mean mean iborilike facts?So you guys think you will go scotfree.Even if it takes fifty years,you guys must physically pay for your atrocities,it is a generational evil.
Re: Uduaghan: To Whom Honour Is Due. by EfeTony6(m): 10:08pm On Sep 17, 2012
Rumors kills faster then facts.sam allaydyce,please back up your comments with facts.And stop barking at your own shadow.
Re: Uduaghan: To Whom Honour Is Due. by redsun(m): 10:12pm On Sep 17, 2012
EfeTony6: Rumors kills faster then facts.sam allaydyce,please back up your comments with facts.And stop barking at your own shadow.

"Facts"Why do you think people like you are free to walk the street if the rogue state of nigeria goes by facts?

The right time will come when the judgement book will be opened for you,just like they opened it for ibori in britain.
Re: Uduaghan: To Whom Honour Is Due. by samallaydyce: 10:15pm On Sep 17, 2012
^
so you think i formed what i wrote because i want to tanish his image,am 100% deltan and resides there,your boss is collecting awards and the teachers in the state are embarking on strike action tomorow,i dont have any documents to back up facts cause they cover thier tracks with the state funds,time will tell
Re: Uduaghan: To Whom Honour Is Due. by monkeyleg: 10:27pm On Sep 17, 2012
Another Rogue PRaise Singer. Do you slaves not have any shame. Even Weata knows he is a Thief, yet professional scrap pickers are here talking nonsense
Re: Uduaghan: To Whom Honour Is Due. by redsun(m): 10:31pm On Sep 17, 2012
That guy has no atom of a medical doctor trait in him.I am surprise he is a medical doctor,i thought he was one of those nigerian self acclaimed doctors,like a native doctor.

He is a typical example of an intellectual slave,who doesn't understand the functions of human organs,even when he calls hiself a medical doctor.A medical doctor that steals and destroy lives,instead of creating and moulding
Re: Uduaghan: To Whom Honour Is Due. by monkeyleg: 10:37pm On Sep 17, 2012
It should have Been "Uduaghan to whom Jail is DUE"
Re: Uduaghan: To Whom Honour Is Due. by redsun(m): 10:43pm On Sep 17, 2012
monkeyleg: It should have Been "Uduaghan to whom Jail is DUE"

His time will come.Soon gej dem will face the wraths of justice nigeria,then riff raffs like uduagban will be like trapped flies.

The fact is that there is no way nigeria can be whole unless the politicaians pat for their atrocities.
Re: Uduaghan: To Whom Honour Is Due. by UYCO: 1:39am On Sep 18, 2012
Re: Uduaghan: To Whom Honour Is Due. by UYCO: 1:40am On Sep 18, 2012
The comrade governor deserve the honour
Re: Uduaghan: To Whom Honour Is Due. by EfeTony6(m): 8:07am On Sep 18, 2012
Don't even talk about those teachers issue.How many of them do go to school,the ghost workers will soon be fish out.The governor is aware of it.Maybe it may affect your family members.When they come to school,they sign their attendance and go back to their business leaving the students to copy notes on topics they don't understand .Who is to be blame? I hear you saying those in charge of the educational sector.Not UDUAGHAN.
Re: Uduaghan: To Whom Honour Is Due. by monkeyleg: 8:33am On Sep 18, 2012
Those trying to launder Uduaghans Image are doing a hopeless job. Even the Eweta himself Acknowledges that He is a useless worthless Thief. Thank Gos the evidence against him is stack high, Post 2015 it is straight to Jete
Re: Uduaghan: To Whom Honour Is Due. by obazman(m): 9:29pm On Sep 18, 2012
Monkeyleg and co, Why is it that some of us don't want to appreciate people when they are doing good, we only see the bad side of people. Why? We should know that the governor can't do everything for us. We should also know that the man can't spon-feed and bath us. These are some of his achievement, take it or liv it.
He returned the schools to missionaries, he is upgrading our schools to international standard, he gave scholarship to students to study abroad and home, he increased the bursary by 100%(N20,000) instead of N10,000' he empowered women through the ministry of women affair, he gave and still giving micro credit to Deltans, he built and still building structures in the oil producing communities for satisfactory purpose through DESOPADEC, he made employment possible in the state civil service, he made the transport sector more ineffective and affordable for Deltans e.t.c. Let's join hands with the governor so as to achieve more in the state. Stop the baseless criticisms.
Re: Uduaghan: To Whom Honour Is Due. by monkeyleg: 9:43pm On Sep 18, 2012
People should stop commenting on issues they have very little information on. Uduaghan is a Phucking Thief, and he ackowledges it
Re: Uduaghan: To Whom Honour Is Due. by UYCO: 9:48pm On Sep 18, 2012
Monkeyleg is not only a thief, he is an unrepentant fool who cannot see beyond DPP that is a dead party in Delta
Re: Uduaghan: To Whom Honour Is Due. by duality(m): 10:46pm On Sep 18, 2012
THIS STATEMENT
obazman: Monkeyleg and co, Why is it that some of us don't want to appreciate people when they are doing good, we only see the bad side of people. Why? We should know that the governor can't do everything for us. We should also know that the man can't spon-feed and bath us. These are some of his achievement, take it or liv it.
He returned the schools to missionaries, he is upgrading our schools to international standard, he gave scholarship to students to study abroad and home, he increased the bursary by 100%(N20,000) instead of N10,000' he empowered women through the ministry of women affair, he gave and still giving micro credit to Deltans, he built and still building structures in the oil producing communities for satisfactory purpose through DESOPADEC, he made employment possible in the state civil service, he made the transport sector more ineffective and affordable for Deltans e.t.c. Let's join hands with the governor so as to achieve more in the state. Stop the baseless criticisms.
VS

monkeyleg: People should stop commenting on issues they have very little information on. Uduaghan is a Phucking Thief, and he ackowledges it
monkeyleg: People should stop commenting on issues they have very little information on. Uduaghan is a Phucking Thief, and he ackowledges it

which is more convincing

this is one problem i have with NL. i don't see issue based debates rather personality attack

(1) (Reply)

US PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE{FULL Text}Obama n Romney Tackle 14 Top Science Questions / ACN Promises Social Security For Ondo Elders, Widows / Assessing The Call For Revolution/ Mass Protest By Bakare, Elrufai, Dino Melaye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.