Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,846 members, 7,979,987 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 10:10 PM

Priced Puzzle - When Did The "Church" Actually Began? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Priced Puzzle - When Did The "Church" Actually Began? (1590 Views)

10 Unbiblical/unspiritual Practices Thriving In The Church / When Did Jesus Go To Heaven? / When Did The Apostles Become Born Again? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Priced Puzzle - When Did The "Church" Actually Began? by Goshen360(m): 11:41pm On Sep 17, 2012
Here is the ANSWER in the bible verse:

This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us: Acts 7:38 Kjv

Moses was with our ancestors, the assembly of God's people in the wilderness, when the angel spoke to him at Mount Sinai. And there Moses received life-giving words to pass on to us. NLT

This is he that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sinai, and with our fathers: who received living oracles to give unto us: ERV

one more scripture coming
Re: Priced Puzzle - When Did The "Church" Actually Began? by k2039: 11:45pm On Sep 17, 2012
Goshen360: Here is the ANSWER in the bible verse:

This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us: Acts 7:38 Kjv

Moses was with our ancestors, the assembly of God's people in the wilderness, when the angel spoke to him at Mount Sinai. And there Moses received life-giving words to pass on to us. NLT

This is he that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sinai, and with our fathers: who received living oracles to give unto us: ERV

Re: Priced Puzzle - When Did The "Church" Actually Began? by Goshen360(m): 11:46pm On Sep 17, 2012
k2039:

Paul pointed to the day of Pentecost as the beginning of the Church.

There is OT Church and there is NT church BUT church in a "general sense" started in the OT. What happened in NT day of Pentecost was "empowerment and fulfillment" of the coming of the Holy Ghost, not that the church started at Pentecost, even the NT church didn't conceive at Pentecost, it was only birth at Pentecost. For there to be a birthing, there is need for conception first.
Re: Priced Puzzle - When Did The "Church" Actually Began? by k2039: 11:47pm On Sep 17, 2012
goshen

Re: Priced Puzzle - When Did The "Church" Actually Began? by Goshen360(m): 11:47pm On Sep 17, 2012
@ k2039,

Prove otherwise........ grin grin grin. This one wey you dey burst me with uncle sam so, you wan collect all my tax ni grin grin grin
Re: Priced Puzzle - When Did The "Church" Actually Began? by k2039: 11:47pm On Sep 17, 2012
Goshen360:

There is OT Church and there is NT church BUT church in a "general sense" started in the OT. What happened in NT day of Pentecost was "empowerment and fulfillment" of the coming of the Holy Ghost, not that the church started at Pentecost, even the NT church didn't conceive at Pentecost, it was only birth at Pentecost. For there to be a birthing, there is need for conception first.
the it started in eden Adam fellowshiped with God

Re: Priced Puzzle - When Did The "Church" Actually Began? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Sep 17, 2012

Re: Priced Puzzle - When Did The "Church" Actually Began? by Goshen360(m): 11:49pm On Sep 17, 2012
k2039:
the it started in eden Adam fellowshiped with God

Oga, I no sabi comic like you o.....abeg use scripture. grin grin grin. Wait let me call the second witness from the scripture to testify against you.......hold on one sec. grin grin grin
Re: Priced Puzzle - When Did The "Church" Actually Began? by Goshen360(m): 11:54pm On Sep 17, 2012
Douay-Rheims Bible
Why have you brought out the church of the Lord into the wilderness, that both we and our cattle should die? Numbers 20:4

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
Did you bring the LORD's assembly into this desert just to have us and our animals die here?

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
And why have you brought up the congregation of the LORD into this wilderness, that we and our cattle should die there?
Re: Priced Puzzle - When Did The "Church" Actually Began? by k2039: 11:58pm On Sep 17, 2012
Goshen,so what was Adam doing in the garden of eden
Re: Priced Puzzle - When Did The "Church" Actually Began? by Goshen360(m): 12:03am On Sep 18, 2012
k2039: Goshen,so what was Adam doing in the garden of eden

The word "church" wasn't used on Adam in his fellowship with God......That is what the puzzle is all about. You can fellowship with one another without being in an "assembly of God's people" just like you, me and others on this forum are doing without gathering together.

Church means the "called out". There must be a calling out. In the case of OT church, they were "called out" of physical Egypt while in our NT, we are "called out" of the world, out of darkness into light etc.
Re: Priced Puzzle - When Did The "Church" Actually Began? by k2039: 12:05am On Sep 18, 2012
Goshen360:

The word "church" wasn't used on Adam in his fellowship with God......That is what the puzzle is all about. You can fellowship with one another without being in an "assembly of God's people" just like you, me and others on this forum are doing without gathering together.

Church means the "called out". There must be a calling out. In the case of OT church, they were called out of physical Egypt while in out NT, we are called out of the world.
When eve joined him nko
Re: Priced Puzzle - When Did The "Church" Actually Began? by Goshen360(m): 12:11am On Sep 18, 2012
k2039:
When eve joined him nko

Like I said....the word "church" wasn't used on them. I understand what you're saying...in terms of fellowship with God, right? But the bible didn't use the word "church" on them in Eden. Besides, Church means "called out". If you say it started in Eden, then we can ask, where was Adam and Eve "called out" from......the ground grin grin grin
Re: Priced Puzzle - When Did The "Church" Actually Began? by k2039: 12:17am On Sep 18, 2012
how come frosbel,,ijawkid,image123,and seriallink an away
Re: Priced Puzzle - When Did The "Church" Actually Began? by Goshen360(m): 12:19am On Sep 18, 2012
k2039: how come frosbel,,ijawkid,image123,and seriallink an away

They ran away...... grin grin grin
Re: Priced Puzzle - When Did The "Church" Actually Began? by CrazyMan(m): 1:18am On Sep 18, 2012
Goshen360 sounds like buzugee has anyone noticed that...come this guy, hiow many IDs do you have. sad
Re: Priced Puzzle - When Did The "Church" Actually Began? by God2man(m): 1:56am On Sep 18, 2012

This is the answer.

@Goshen360,God bless you for opening this thread.

God2man.
Re: Priced Puzzle - When Did The "Church" Actually Began? by Nobody: 5:16am On Sep 18, 2012
Goshen360:

grin grin grin Thanks for the answer anyway; I have added the verses you quoted to my arsenals grin
Re: Priced Puzzle - When Did The "Church" Actually Began? by Goshen360(m): 5:23am On Sep 18, 2012
CrazyMan: Goshen360 sounds like buzugee has anyone noticed that...come this guy, hiow many IDs do you have.sad

I am NOT Buzugee BUT have more than one Id here on nairaland........ grin Only that my brother buzugee a.k.a Obadiah777's joke are too expensive but he is a cool guy/brother though..... cool
Re: Priced Puzzle - When Did The "Church" Actually Began? by Goshen360(m): 5:25am On Sep 18, 2012
seriallink:

grin grin grin Thanks for the answer anyway; I have added the verses you quoted to my arsenals grin

Arsenal ke.....Gunners for life. So na me and you gum together....No worry, I will flow in more anointing cos of you this week.....lolz grin Stay blessed bro.

1 Like

Re: Priced Puzzle - When Did The "Church" Actually Began? by Goshen360(m): 5:26am On Sep 18, 2012
God2man:

This is the answer.

@Goshen360,God bless you for opening this thread.

God2man.

Thank you bro....God bless you too.
Re: Priced Puzzle - When Did The "Church" Actually Began? by ijawkid(m): 6:39am On Sep 18, 2012

Hahahahahaha.....

Goshen na wayo jare....

Translation na him u use play all of us wayo......

I no go gree....lol....

See as other translations render am....

##New International Version (©1984)
He was in the assembly in the desert, with the
angel who spoke to him on Mount Sinai, and
with our fathers; and he received living words
to pass on to us.

##New Living Translation (©2007)
Moses was with our ancestors, the assembly
of God's people in the wilderness, when the
angel spoke to him at Mount Sinai. And there
Moses received life-giving words to pass on to
us.

##English Standard Version (©2001)
This is the one who was in the congregation in
the wilderness with the angel who spoke to him
at Mount Sinai, and with our fathers. He
received living oracles to give to us.

I catch u......ntooorrrrr!!!!!!!!!
Re: Priced Puzzle - When Did The "Church" Actually Began? by ijawkid(m): 6:41am On Sep 18, 2012
Goshen360:

I no run o.....

I been go do something...:-)....

I'm back...
Re: Priced Puzzle - When Did The "Church" Actually Began? by Image123(m): 7:10am On Sep 18, 2012
^where is my vacation oh?
Re: Priced Puzzle - When Did The "Church" Actually Began? by ijawkid(m): 8:17am On Sep 18, 2012
Image123: ^where is my vacation oh?

Image ooo.....

U wey wan vicariously use goshen answer win the prize.....wayo boy....hehehehehehehe....i
Re: Priced Puzzle - When Did The "Church" Actually Began? by k2039: 8:30am On Sep 18, 2012
Goshen360:

They eventually showed up.

lol
Re: Priced Puzzle - When Did The "Church" Actually Began? by ijawkid(m): 8:43am On Sep 18, 2012
k2039:

They eventually showed up.

lol

I been go toilet...nairaland no go deprive me of going to toilet....lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Is Sunday Very Special Than Any Other Day In The Week? / Boko Haram , Polygamy ,politics &satellite pic,What Does The Bible Say By Musiwa / OUTRAGE IN ITALY: Muslims Destroy And Urinate On Virgin Mary Statue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.