Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,948 members, 7,949,259 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 12:23 AM

Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October (11758 Views)

Throw Back Serena And Venus Williams With Ronald And Nancy Regan / Tarpischev Slammed $25,000 Fine, 1-year Ban For Calling Serena And Venus "The... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October by saintneo(m): 4:14pm On Sep 18, 2012
this is why eba team should not be banned.
Re: Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October by mizzyboy007: 4:20pm On Sep 18, 2012
Omo, I for like see serena nyashh real life...dat babes arsenal is massive.... ;DOmo, I for like see serena nyashh real life...dat babes arsenal is massive....
Re: Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October by hammedkola(m): 4:22pm On Sep 18, 2012
So wetin make i do oh!?...Make i leave web designing for Tennis?
Re: Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October by dotcomnamename: 4:33pm On Sep 18, 2012
free2ryhme: @Mukina must all you post get front page i suggest this is a pure case of abuse of privileged. Little wonder this country will fail to move forward.. Any little we take advantage of it even @ the detriment of others. position of responsibility becomes avenue to flex power..

And about your topic... Serena and Venus my advise is this don't waste your precious time to inspire, motivate and mentor young Nigerians through a tennis clinic and an exhibition match because those attending are a bunch of overfed and pampered rich kids with no passion at all for the sport in the end the programmes dies a natural death. No wealthy parent in Nigeria today will allow their ward to go into lawn tennis as professionals ... The hakeem olajuwon basketball clinic that Milo do organize back in the days nothing came out of it.. How many became basketballers for our national basketball team.. None!

You can't blame Mukina, blame Seun himself. Na today? undecided Corruption + Bias= sentiment undecided, Divided by Justwise = masive CORRUPTION undecided. Our Great Nairaland is now becoming Nairalooters undecided
Re: Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October by ceejay80s(m): 4:45pm On Sep 18, 2012
Kidnappers assosiation club KAC. dis na big hit
Re: Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October by free2ryhme: 5:12pm On Sep 18, 2012
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

You can't blame Mukina, blame Seun himself. Na today? undecided Corruption + Bias= sentiment undecided, Divided by Justwise = masive CORRUPTION undecided. Our Great Nairaland is now becoming Nairalooters undecided

they will post news about corruption meanwhile on NL we have corrupt MODs... Using their position to form wetin-I-no-understand.
Re: Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October by tinkinfela(m): 5:16pm On Sep 18, 2012
GEJ would probably give them a special welcome and maybe host them to get a lilttle credit lol
Re: Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October by Enlightened1: 5:44pm On Sep 18, 2012
@ free2ryhme; I wonder ohhh!! I posted a very important topic about Israel wanting to attack Iran. I thought a hot topic like that would make the front page.... But for where!!! Rather a topic about Serena williams visiting 9ja that makes no sense, is making front page!!
Re: Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October by gbadexy(m): 6:04pm On Sep 18, 2012
@ free2rhyme
Your post sounds petty and bitter and what's more surprising is the number of people that liked your comment.
Its not as if money is paid to people whose posts make the front page and sincerely speaking, I think one would really see such seemingly trivial thing important if the complainant wants to post materials that would be of benefit to he or she.
Besides, I suppose mukina is a moderator and while I don't see the topics everyday, it is only natural for her to put her posts in front just as the free2rhyme would have done.
If I don't like a title, i don't bother to open it and if the title is catchy and the post is inane, I would simply ignore it.
If you are really interested in a certain section, go to the section and read everything there to your heart's contentment.

1 Like

Re: Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October by emekson(m): 6:37pm On Sep 18, 2012
serena williams cum and serve wit my balls!
Re: Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October by Kolade9(m): 6:42pm On Sep 18, 2012
adaptor4all: Hmmn...so Venus and Saturn will b comin 2 9ja soon,is it a visit by planets? shocked
So dis 1 sef make front page..aint suprised sha...mtcheeeeeeew
u even get d mind to edit and repost this rubbish....smh
Re: Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October by free2ryhme: 7:07pm On Sep 18, 2012
gbadexy: @ free2rhyme
Your post sounds petty and bitter and what's more surprising is the number of people that liked your comment.
Its not as if money is paid to people whose posts make the front page and sincerely speaking, I think one would really see such seemingly trivial thing important if the complainant wants to post materials that would be of benefit to he or she.
Besides, I suppose mukina is a moderator and while I don't see the topics everyday, it is only natural for her to put her posts in front just as the free2rhyme would have done.
If I don't like a title, i don't bother to open it and if the title is catchy and the post is inane, I would simply ignore it.
If you are really interested in a certain section, go to the section and read everything there to your heart's contentment.

guy abeg keep quiet .. what do you know?

1 Like

Re: Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October by UyiIredia(m): 7:54pm On Sep 18, 2012
Great news. So sad they won't be facing opponents in their class. I don't know Nigeria for tennis.
Re: Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October by pomohs(m): 8:05pm On Sep 18, 2012
they will not come due to boko harram threat
Re: Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October by crisycent: 8:33pm On Sep 18, 2012
They are really gona inspire nigerians because apart from the william sisters, there are no black tennis players out there, it's sad!!!
Re: Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October by Limaoscar: 10:22pm On Sep 18, 2012
will be nice for them to see Nigeria and interact with the real peeps down there.

They once had a Sister. with a Nigerian Name...actually, that was their Eldest sister, Yetunde Price who was brutally murdered...a few years ago or something like that.
Re: Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October by stmarc32(m): 4:52am On Sep 19, 2012
If they are coming down to visit the petit bourgeois n to belittle the average Nigerian....they better stay the furq where they are...and no i do not hate them...think they've made remarkable achievements in a white dominated sport
Re: Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October by Nobody: 7:38am On Sep 19, 2012
They shld be welcome with plenty amount of GARRI and GEJ shld also give dem a NATIONAL HONOUR AWARD grin
Re: Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October by brownsug(f): 9:26am On Sep 19, 2012
stagger: And I am sure that the price of casa flakes will come down that period.
guy una dey do like say na casa u dey chop if we further aprokolise u maybe na chicken u dey chop for house o,well i am sure u re speaking for d masses
Re: Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October by BeraBera(f): 9:42am On Sep 19, 2012
Just look at how some people are derailing this Thread. If u don't like tennis, u are not under any obligation to comment on this thread.
I remember when it was on the news that Arsenal FC would no longer visit Nigeria as planned, many people were busy shouting, cursing and blaming anybody that came to their mind for the postponed visit. Now, the Williams sisters are coming to Nigeria, the same people are here saying it's of no use, eg free2rhyme. What do you guys really want?

BTW, I think their visit would be a motivation for tennis lovers. They could also learn some skills from the ladies, u know.
Re: Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October by Ranoscky(m): 3:54pm On Sep 19, 2012
And it made the front page.
Re: Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October by akigbemaru: 5:58pm On Sep 19, 2012
How much they paid them?
Re: Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October by martinosi: 10:18am On Sep 20, 2012
free2ryhme: @Mukina must all your post get front page i suggest this is a pure case of abuse of privilege. Little wonder this country will fail to move forward.. Any little power we have we take advantage of it even @ the detriment of others. position of responsibility has become avenue to flex power..

And about your topic... Serena and Venus my advise is this don't waste y[b]our precious time to inspire, motivate and mentor young Nigerians through a tennis clinic and an exhibition match because those attending are a bunch of overfed and pampered rich kids with no passion at all for the sport [/b]in the end the programmes dies a natural death. No wealthy parent in Nigeria today will allow their ward to go into lawn tennis as professionals ... The hakeem olajuwon basketball clinic that Milo do organize back in the days nothing came out of it.. How many became basketballers for our national basketball team.. None!

ROFLMAO..SEE BOLD...I FEEL UR PAIN LOL
Re: Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October by martinosi: 10:19am On Sep 20, 2012
free2ryhme: @Mukina must all your post get front page i suggest this is a pure case of abuse of privilege. Little wonder this country will fail to move forward.. Any little power we have we take advantage of it even @ the detriment of others. position of responsibility has become avenue to flex power..

And about your topic... Serena and Venus my advise is this don't waste your precious time to inspire, motivate and mentor young Nigerians through a tennis clinic and an exhibition match because those attending are a bunch of overfed and pampered rich kids with no passion at all for the sport in the end the programmes dies a natural death. No wealthy parent in Nigeria today will allow their ward to go into lawn tennis as professionals ... The hakeem olajuwon basketball clinic that Milo do organize back in the days nothing came out of it.. How many became basketballers for our national basketball team.. None!

ROFLMAO..SEE BOLD...I FEEL UR PAIN LOL
Re: Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October by SmileGirl(f): 1:27am On Sep 26, 2012
@SimonAndall wat do u take Nigerians for? There are many pple who love tennis but are being discouraged from participating. My coursemate dump this because of modelling( her parents fuelled it).
Re: Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October by chuksfuto(m): 2:39am On Sep 26, 2012
Wow check this out. Get instant free uk phone number (e.g +4427012345678) for no just cost. and its activated instantly upon completion of registration. Just select the phone number you wish the number to be redirected to and thats all. Also make sure you write down the name and the number generated for you for any further enquirey or technical related issues. Click this link http://9d082a7a.megaline.co to register and get yours now
Re: Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October by Nobody: 6:38am On Sep 27, 2012

(1) (2) (Reply)

Algeria Vs Angola: AFCON 2023 (1 - 1) On 15th January 2024 / Nigerians To Buy Newcastle United FC? / Frank Onyeka Aims For AFCON 2023 Success With Nigeria’s Super Eagles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.