Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,040 members, 7,890,419 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 01:46 PM

What Makes A Song A Hit?the Beat Or Lyrics? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / What Makes A Song A Hit?the Beat Or Lyrics? (1423 Views)

A Song a Nairalander Was Featured In / How To Make Your Song A Mega Hit In Nigeria / How Can I Download Xproject Song Or Lyrics Title Ayemi Ti Ju Tele Lo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Makes A Song A Hit?the Beat Or Lyrics? by hotncold1(m): 11:31am On Sep 19, 2012
Guys each time I listen to Dami duro(Davido)it occurs to me that the song would have been nowhere without that monster hit,anyone remember these songs(Booty call Mo hits,Busy body remix PSquare etc),beats basically SOLD these songs.

On the other hand,songs like African queen(Tu face)Jailer(Asa)Ego(Djinee etc)realistically and practically(am exageratting here tongue tongue)needed no beat(s) to make these afore mentioned songs hits.So what really make a song stand out from the rest?Is it the beat or the lyrics?Shoot grin grin
Re: What Makes A Song A Hit?the Beat Or Lyrics? by MoonRaker2: 12:04pm On Sep 19, 2012
Both
Re: What Makes A Song A Hit?the Beat Or Lyrics? by hotncold1(m): 7:26pm On Sep 19, 2012
Guys pls don't allow this thread die like this now.Moderator pls do something shocked shocked shocked
Re: What Makes A Song A Hit?the Beat Or Lyrics? by mufex(m): 7:41pm On Sep 21, 2012
to me all p square songs, davido songs, dbanj songs are all rubbish.....i cant wait for dbanj to fail! Asa is the bomb! 'nobody gets tired of her songs......they are so lyrical...
Re: What Makes A Song A Hit?the Beat Or Lyrics? by lalaboi(m): 12:22pm On Sep 23, 2012
Combination of both
Re: What Makes A Song A Hit?the Beat Or Lyrics? by Nobody: 2:19am On Sep 24, 2012
it depends on the genre, in club songs its the beat, in genres like country pop or blues its the lyrics
Re: What Makes A Song A Hit?the Beat Or Lyrics? by mufex(m): 5:37pm On Sep 24, 2012
@game....nice point....but i wonder why wizkid is nominated for mtv because that nigga sings shit....his songs makes me sick....
Re: What Makes A Song A Hit?the Beat Or Lyrics? by Nobody: 11:51pm On Sep 25, 2012
mufex: @game....nice point....but i wonder why wizkid is nominated for mtv because that nigga sings shit....his songs makes me sick....
Not only you, and the annoying part is when you tell his fans, they would assume you are hating on him. i mean why would i hate on someone who cant do better than my grandma

(1) (Reply)

Christian Hip Hop In Nigeria / New Music: Viwe Nikita {miracle God} On Ceflix / Download African Bahd Girl By Wizkid Ft Christ Brown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.