Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,796 members, 7,969,366 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 06:35 AM

Jesus Had A Wife, Newly Discovered Gospel Suggests. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Had A Wife, Newly Discovered Gospel Suggests. (601 Views)

How Come Jesus Had No Black Disciples?? / Why Did Jesus Had To Wait For 30 Long Years / But Why Did Jesus Had To Die For Us...god Could Have Just Forgiven Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Jesus Had A Wife, Newly Discovered Gospel Suggests. by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 19, 2012
A Harvard historian has identified a faded, fourth-century scrap of papyrus she calls "The Gospel of Jesus's Wife." One line of the torn fragment of text purportedly reads: "Jesus said to them, 'My wife …'" The following line states, "she will be able to be my disciple."

The finding was announced to the public today (Sept. 18) by Karen King, a historian of early Christianity, author of several books about new Gospel discoveries and the Hollis professor of divinity at Harvard Divinity School. King first examined the privately owned fragment in 2011, and has since been studying it with the help of a small group of scholars.

Click here to http://news.yahoo.com/jesus-had-wife-newly-discovered-gospel-suggests-202727064.html?_esi=1

What do you think?? true ??
Re: Jesus Had A Wife, Newly Discovered Gospel Suggests. by immortalvoices(m): 5:48pm On Sep 19, 2012
Hmmm I HEAR VOICES....Saying "son? The followers of satan wud do anytin 2 derail christian frm the one true religion
{i bet the devilish muslim historian nd acheologist are behind this} belive this nd u wud believe anytin frm dis mentally deraged academicians.
Re: Jesus Had A Wife, Newly Discovered Gospel Suggests. by jhydebaba(m): 5:51pm On Sep 19, 2012
Christians would never belief this because an account of it was not in the bible.
I'm a christian though I'm open minded any way, so I may belief that he enjoyed himself but come to think of it why is the bible silent on this fact?
Re: Jesus Had A Wife, Newly Discovered Gospel Suggests. by ATMC(f): 6:10pm On Sep 19, 2012
Not interesting
Re: Jesus Had A Wife, Newly Discovered Gospel Suggests. by hadbak: 11:51pm On Sep 19, 2012
immortalvoices: Hmmm I HEAR VOICES....Saying "son? The followers of satan wud do anytin 2 derail christian frm the one true religion
{i bet the devilish muslim historian nd acheologist are behind this} belive this nd u wud believe anytin frm dis mentally deraged academicians.
see me see trouble o. Wetin bring muslim n acheologt for tis gist?
The findin was announced by a xtian sistr Karen King, a historian of early Christianity n professor of divinity at Harvard Divinity School. No muslim historian cn com up wit terible things about jesus(pbuh)cus dey luv n respect him. Evrytn abt jesus is clear in d Quran. Its u peoples problems, dnt blame odas.mayb she wants 2 write ha ouwn version of d bible as USUAL
Re: Jesus Had A Wife, Newly Discovered Gospel Suggests. by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 20, 2012
jhydebaba: Christians would never belief this because an account of it was not in the bible.
I'm a christian though I'm open minded any way, so I may belief that he enjoyed himself but come to think of it why is the bible silent on this fact?

Why is the right question i guess? but we may never know?

The parts of the present compilations of the Bible might be leaving some important aspects out although but we can't jump into conclusion yet.

Lets see what the research reveals in the end, me never believe this yet.
Re: Jesus Had A Wife, Newly Discovered Gospel Suggests. by Areaboy2(m): 11:32am On Sep 20, 2012
Having studied the history Surrounding Jesus extensively, I still find it difficult to believe that a 1st century hippie Jew will have married and still be able to purport his teachings in the way he did. Claiming to be the Son of God and Claiming to be God too? Naaa!I really doubt it and I'm an atheist, imagine what the Christians will do ? lol

Although I would hold my doubts strong until a final publication about this is made.
Re: Jesus Had A Wife, Newly Discovered Gospel Suggests. by JeSoul(f): 2:12pm On Sep 20, 2012
mdsocks, pls continue on this previously created thread. Thanks smiley.

Is This Proof That Jesus Had A Wife ??
https://www.nairaland.com/1052137/proof-jesus-wife

(1)

What Are Your Weaknesses? / The Gospel. The Most Terrifying Truth Of Scripture… / Welcome To Amadioha Ministry International 1.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.