Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,202,206 members, 7,981,269 topics. Date: Monday, 21 October 2024 at 01:45 PM

To You, What Is The Bible? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / To You, What Is The Bible? (561 Views)

Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? / Decoding The Visions In The Book Of Daniel (Islam in the Bible) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To You, What Is The Bible? by tobechi20(m): 8:58pm On Sep 19, 2012
To me the bible is God's inspired, inerrant word representing the absolute truth and final authority in all matters.

To you, what is the bible?
Re: To You, What Is The Bible? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 19, 2012
The Bilble is the Bible now. .¿
Re: To You, What Is The Bible? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Sep 19, 2012
A collection of testimonies, stories and myths.
Re: To You, What Is The Bible? by hadbak: 10:41pm On Sep 19, 2012
Story book
Re: To You, What Is The Bible? by CrazyMan(m): 10:46pm On Sep 19, 2012
The bible is the word of God.
Re: To You, What Is The Bible? by tobechi20(m): 11:06pm On Sep 19, 2012
To me ure a robot

hadbak: Story book
Re: To You, What Is The Bible? by Kay17: 11:09pm On Sep 19, 2012
Ancient knowledge
Re: To You, What Is The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 11:49pm On Sep 19, 2012
tobechi20: To me ure a robot

What rubbish? what is the meaning of your comment?

1 Like

Re: To You, What Is The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 11:53pm On Sep 19, 2012
Truth permeated with fiction,myth and lies
Re: To You, What Is The Bible? by saintvc(m): 10:58pm On Sep 20, 2012
The bible is a Gods book containing God's instruction on how he wants us to live on earth
Re: To You, What Is The Bible? by God2man(m): 3:05pm On Sep 21, 2012
This thread is my own contibution; www.nairaland.com/908837/when-child-god-begin-quote

God bless you.
God2man.

1 Like

Re: To You, What Is The Bible? by Krucifax(m): 5:18pm On Sep 21, 2012
To answer that question without sentiment you have to take a holistic approach to the matter. Remember the Bible is not one book but a collection of different texts from different religions mainly Judaism & Christianity (Old & New Testament).
You also have to remember that there are essentially different types of bibles. There is the Hebrew Bible(Tanakh),The Protestant canon which has 66 books and Ethiopian Orthodox bible which has 81.

You also have to remember the history of the bible, if you do then you must have read about the Council of Carthage and Council of Nicea. Groups of learned clergy appointed by rulers of the time.They apparently decided which books are left in and which ones are removed. This was also many years before King James decided to commission his version of the bible.

Without giving a history lecture what i’m saying is in my opinion that it is a book of great human wisdom accumulated over the years that addresses many of the human condition. But to treat it as infallible is something i’m not sure of ,considering the fact that it was written and edited by men of different persuasions and allegiances with regional politics at the time playing a great role. But ultimately to each his own, if you wish to treat it as such no one has the right to begrudge you of your beliefs and this applies to all “Holy Books”!!
Re: To You, What Is The Bible? by manmustwac(m): 10:50pm On Sep 21, 2012
The bible to me is a book of Jewish fairytales
Re: To You, What Is The Bible? by Callotti: 11:13pm On Sep 21, 2012
A collection of boring fables with women potrayed as endangered species!
Written by the most unintelligent.
Believed ONLY by the most stoopid and POOREST of peeps!
Small wonder it never won a "Pulitzer"! grin

(1) (Reply)

INSPIRATIONAL: Stop Saying; "What Is The Use In Serving God" / Where Do Atheist Belong? / What Can You Do To Help? Where/how Do You Want To Be Remembered?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.