Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,322 members, 7,943,808 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 03:12 AM

Ekiti Wins ICT State Govt Of The Year Award - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Wins ICT State Govt Of The Year Award (5479 Views)

Agatu Massacre: Victims Accuse Buhari’s Govt Of Insensitivity - VANGUARD / Jonathan Wins African Leadership Magazine Man Of The Year Award / Benue Militant Who Submitted 84 Guns To The State Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekiti Wins ICT State Govt Of The Year Award by logica(m): 3:19pm On Sep 20, 2012
afam4eva:
I can't remember ever making a statement remotely similar to the bolded.

*Ahem* Let me rejig your memory a bit. Do you suffer from MPD by the way?

afam4eva: I don't know when states like Ekiti will start getting their priorities right. Wetin concern Ekiti with technology. they should focus on Agriculture and stop fooling themselves and NIgerians.
Re: Ekiti Wins ICT State Govt Of The Year Award by logica(m): 3:23pm On Sep 20, 2012
afam4eva:
What i said is that Alexa does not have a rank for the best websites rather they have a rank for the website with the most traffic.
Oh! What criterion can be used to determine the "best" site? What creates traffic?
Re: Ekiti Wins ICT State Govt Of The Year Award by Afam4eva(m): 3:23pm On Sep 20, 2012
logica:

Now quote and embolden where i made that statement.
Re: Ekiti Wins ICT State Govt Of The Year Award by Afam4eva(m): 3:25pm On Sep 20, 2012
logica: Oh! What criterion can be used to determine the "best" site? What creates traffic?
Best is a general term and does not mean same as traffic. A very badly designed and relatively useless site can have more traffic more than an informative site. All you got to do is employ the services of a very good internet marketer.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Wins ICT State Govt Of The Year Award by logica(m): 3:28pm On Sep 20, 2012
afam4eva:
Best is a general term and does not mean same as traffic. A very badly designed and relatively useless site can have more traffic more than an informative site. All you got to do is employ the services of a very good internet marketer.
Eh ehn. Employ marketer now. Sebi you sabi. Generate traffic pass Google. What's stopping you?

Dude, traffic determines the performance of a website. We are not talking of aesthetics when they say "best". Best is simply short for "best performing". Or you expect people to rank sites by how aesthetically pleasing they are?
Re: Ekiti Wins ICT State Govt Of The Year Award by Afam4eva(m): 3:35pm On Sep 20, 2012
logica: Eh ehn. Employ marketer now. Sebi you sabi. Generate traffic pass Google. What's stopping you?

Dude, traffic determines the performance of a website. We are not talking of aesthetics when they say "best". Best is simply short for "best performing". Or you expect people to rank sites by how aesthetically pleasing they are?
Best performing can also mean "Best converting". It doesn't just stop as getting mumu traffic that doesn't add anything to the website. Now if we're talking about best then many variables will come into player and it will include but not limited to Asthetics, traffic, front-end, back-end, domain name and so many other factors.
Re: Ekiti Wins ICT State Govt Of The Year Award by logica(m): 3:41pm On Sep 20, 2012
afam4eva:
Best performing can also mean "Best converting". It doesn't just stop as getting mumu traffic that doesn't add anything to the website. Now if we're talking about best then many variables will come into player and it will include but not limited to Asthetics, traffic, front-end, back-end, domain name and so many other factors.
Lol. Na your type dey turn basic 2+2=4 to 2*16-3-7-5-8-5=4. What aesthetics does the simple Google search page have? Who cares about domain name if it generates traffic? You said "yeye" traffic. I can imagine what you'd give to get a hundred thousandth of Google's traffic. The whole world knows what it means when they say Google is the "best" website; except for you.
Re: Ekiti Wins ICT State Govt Of The Year Award by Afam4eva(m): 3:46pm On Sep 20, 2012
logica: Lol. Na your type dey turn basic 2+2=4 to 2*16-3-7-5-8-5=4. What aesthetics does the simple Google search page have? Who cares about domain name if it generates traffic? You said "yeye" traffic. I can imagine what you'd give to get a hundred thousandth of Google's traffic. The whole world knows what it means when they say Google is the "best" website; except for you.
Are you insinuating the google is the best website because of it's traffic? Na waoo...Google is what it is because of it's products, chikena.

Of course, i would kill to get hundreds of thousands of traffic but that won't qualify my website to be considered as the best just because of that.
Re: Ekiti Wins ICT State Govt Of The Year Award by spiaggia: 3:47pm On Sep 20, 2012
Hello everybody, please need advice on this issue. My wife just arrived America but incidentally had her passport stamped with NO E.O.S/ NO A.O.S by a lady immigration officer who went verbal with unprintable things said. Please is there any possible way in which she can get an extension with this stamped on her passport?
Re: Ekiti Wins ICT State Govt Of The Year Award by basty: 4:00pm On Sep 20, 2012
Gomina mi,

In okun o, O kare o. Ekiti agbe gbogbo ra o (amin)
Re: Ekiti Wins ICT State Govt Of The Year Award by occam(m): 4:07pm On Sep 20, 2012
logica: Lol. Na your type dey turn basic 2+2=4 to 2*16-3-7-5-8-5=4. What aesthetics does the simple Google search page have? Who cares about domain name if it generates traffic? You said "yeye" traffic. I can imagine what you'd give to get a hundred thousandth of Google's traffic. The whole world knows what it means when they say Google is the "best" website; except for you.

Alexa ranking is based on number of visits to the site only. period. Rating the "Best" site is based on many factors, with user experience been the most important.

"Best" can be somewhat subjective. User experience on eCommerce site will be quite different from a content only site. Google is not the best site in the world but the most popular
Re: Ekiti Wins ICT State Govt Of The Year Award by regime: 5:35pm On Sep 20, 2012
EKITI KETE. congrats!!!
Re: Ekiti Wins ICT State Govt Of The Year Award by kingparagon1: 7:10pm On Sep 20, 2012
femi_seun: A state where u can hardly find teller machines at the bank and computers at the local govt offices is winning ICT state govt of the year grin. Naija we don start again
thank you my broda, i believe d award ws organise by ACN 4 him & his L/G alone cos ekiti is d worst ACN governed state in naija without ict present.
Re: Ekiti Wins ICT State Govt Of The Year Award by whitedove(m): 7:17pm On Sep 20, 2012
Afam4eva,when will you get delivered from your ekiti-phobia? i can remember in other post you said that ekiti does not a samsung research centre in ekiti! Can you now see the reason why the good people of Ekiti needs more of those things?
Re: Ekiti Wins ICT State Govt Of The Year Award by Dotman01(m): 7:46pm On Sep 20, 2012
logica:

I was about browsing through his earlier post when i saw this. God bless u.
Re: Ekiti Wins ICT State Govt Of The Year Award by omartins(m): 8:24pm On Sep 20, 2012
My able Governor! You have done well. I was in Ekiti of recent, saw secondary school student all around with laptops thats great but most of them(not all) can do any tangible thing on it. ICT teachers(at least one) is needed in each school let it not be an existing teacher if you can't recruit new one, you can do it by transfer after workshops, seminars or/and trainings.
Re: Ekiti Wins ICT State Govt Of The Year Award by lagcity(m): 9:21pm On Sep 20, 2012
Not surprised one bit. Dr. Fayemi is a real intellectual. If you doubt me, check out his resume. I can remember when he was running for governor, some people were saying "wetin concern professor with politics, Fayemi is not cut out for politics." This mindset has to change; all the touts should go back to the motor park and let intellectuals develop human capital. Intellectuals shouldn't shy away from politics.
Re: Ekiti Wins ICT State Govt Of The Year Award by Gbawe: 9:32pm On Sep 20, 2012
lagcity: Not surprised one bit. Dr. Fayemi is a real intellectual. If you doubt me, check out his resume. I can remember when he was running for governor, some people were saying "wetin concern professor with politics, Fayemi is not cut out for politics." This mindset has to change; all the touts should go back to the motor park and let intellectuals develop human capital. Intellectuals shouldn't shy away from politics.

No doubt a brilliant man. His background and passionate struggle is directly related to politics though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kayode_Fayemi

Academic and political initiatives

Kayode Fayemi is a former Director of the Centre for Democracy & Development, a research and training institution dedicated to the study and promotion of democratic development, peace-building and human security in Africa. Prior to his establishment of the Centre, he worked as a lecturer, journalist, researcher and Strategy Development adviser in Nigeria and the United Kingdom. He was Strategy Development Adviser at London’s City Challenge; research fellow at the African Research & Information Bureau in London, UK, reporter with the newspapers, The Guardian and City Tempo, editor of the political monthly, Nigeria-Now, management consultant at Development and Management Consultants and lecturer at the Police College in Sokoto, Nigeria. As a prominent leader of the Nigerian opposition to military rule in exile, he was responsible for the founding and management of the opposition radios – Radio Freedom, Radio Democracy International & Radio Kudirat and played a central role in the opposition’s diplomatic engagements in exile.

An account of the process and roles played in the setting up of Radio Kudirat may be found in Fayemi's book Out Of The Shadows.
Amongst his numerous academic and public policy engagements at home and abroad, Kayode Fayemi has lectured in Africa, Europe, the Americas and Asia. [b]He has also served as an adviser on transitional justice, regional integration, constitutionalism, security sector reform and civil-military relations issues to various governments, inter-governmental institutions and development agencies. He was the main technical adviser to Nigeria’s Human Rights Violations Investigation Commission (Oputa Panel), which investigated past abuses and currently serves on the Presidential Implementation Committees on Security Sector Reform, NEPAD and the Millennium Development Goals. He was technical expert to the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) on small arms and light weapons and United Nations Economic Commission of Africa on governance issues. He is also a member, Africa Policy Advisory Panel of the British Government. At other times he has served as a consultant to the OECD on Security Sector Reform and chaired the Commonwealth Human Rights Initiative’s Committee of Experts on developing guiding principles and mechanisms of constitution making in Commonwealth Africa.[/b]

Kayode Fayemi is a Fellow of the Centre for Peace and Conflict Studies, University of Ibadan, Adjunct Professor of Security Studies at the African Centre for Strategic Studies, National Defense University, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C., USA. He was also a Visiting Professor in the African Studies Programme at Northwestern University, Evanston, USA in 2004. Dr Fayemi serves on numerous Boards including the Governing Board of the Open Society Justice Institute, Baobab for Women’s Human Rights, African Security Sector Network, and on the Advisory Board of the Global Facilitation Network on Security Sector Reform and on the Management Culture Board of the ECOWAS Secretariat.

Re: Ekiti Wins ICT State Govt Of The Year Award by horeejah(f): 9:56pm On Sep 20, 2012
Really funny, e payment indeed, when I can't even say †ђe number of times av been short paid, some were paid excess money, while some were paid below their normal salary and į̸̸̨ƭ kips happening for past 5 months nw
Re: Ekiti Wins ICT State Govt Of The Year Award by jmaine: 10:22pm On Sep 20, 2012
horeejah: Really funny, e payment indeed, when I can't even say †ђe number of times av been short paid, some were paid excess money, while some were paid below their normal salary and į̸̸̨ƭ kips happening for past 5 months nw

Let's just say it's the usual shortcomings of adopting a new means of operation which is not far fetched . .

.But their recognition is a pointer that they are on the right part and doing something worth commending . . . .
Re: Ekiti Wins ICT State Govt Of The Year Award by coolsamie0(m): 7:02am On Sep 21, 2012
Even with this award, Ekiti people don't appreciate their governor. They're simply interested in the chop I chop politics of PDP. I give him kudos cos he's trying to re-brand the state to it's true status as LAND of HONOUR... Ile Iyi, Ile Eye
Re: Ekiti Wins ICT State Govt Of The Year Award by eaglechild: 9:56am On Sep 21, 2012
logica: Eh ehn. Employ marketer now. Sebi you sabi. Generate traffic pass Google. What's stopping you?

Kudos to Ekiti, but please bury that shallow arguement about "best" site being equivalent to traffic or else poorn sites would be considered the "best" sites.
Re: Ekiti Wins ICT State Govt Of The Year Award by oraclefemi(m): 10:08am On Sep 21, 2012
that award if useless if ekiti state university doesn't have a comprehensive computer science lab to teach its student , i am a graduate of that school and for the 4yrs i was there studying computer science i was never taught with a computer or with anything being displayed on a computer ...i finished last year and i am serving , my degree is total rubbish because i was taught programming on a writing board so we don't have an idea if they will run or not ..so please that award makes no sense to me ..the university website is a total eye sore and most of the work done in the school that should have been computerized are still be done with huge files and paperwork ...dare me and ask ..80% percent of the lecturers in that school can't open an email address...
Re: Ekiti Wins ICT State Govt Of The Year Award by Afam4eva(m): 10:09am On Sep 21, 2012
oraclefemi: that award if useless if ekiti state university doesn't have a comprehensive computer science lab to teach its student , i am a graduate of that school and for the 4yrs i was there studying computer science i was never taught with a computer or with anything being displayed on a computer ...i finished last year and i am serving , my degree is total rubbish because i was taught programming on a writing board so we don't have an idea if they will run or not ..so please that award makes no sense to me ..the university website is a total eye sore and most of the work done in the school that should have been computerized are still be done with huge files and paperwork ...dare me and ask ..80% percent of the lecturers in that school can't open an email address...
That's why the award is not for the entire state but for the state Government.
Re: Ekiti Wins ICT State Govt Of The Year Award by oraclefemi(m): 10:16am On Sep 21, 2012
afam4eva:
That's why the award is not for the entire state but for the state Government.
the state government owns the school and generates income from there, come to ekiti state when the school is on holiday and it will be a ghost town !
Re: Ekiti Wins ICT State Govt Of The Year Award by olaolaking: 12:42pm On Sep 21, 2012
femi_seun: A state where u can hardly find teller machines at the bank and computers at the local govt offices is winning ICT state govt of the year grin. Naija we don start again

I am from Ekiti but what you are saying is a fact
Re: Ekiti Wins ICT State Govt Of The Year Award by olaolaking: 12:48pm On Sep 21, 2012
maryjames9: Oga,try get your facts right. One of my friend's sister got a laptop free of charge in Ekiti. Pls find out. I dont know of anything exept that there is awuf laptop for goverment schl students.

I am not sure of what you are saying. I am from Ekiti but leaves in Lagos. Majority of my people are in Ekiti so I should have an idea of what is happening. Please verify from your sister's friend
Re: Ekiti Wins ICT State Govt Of The Year Award by olaolaking: 1:41pm On Sep 21, 2012
I personally support the idea behind all the workers having a laptop. My immediate younger sister works as a teacher in Ekiti state and she ha a laptop now courtesy of the program.

But I honestly don't like the way it was forced to them by compelling everybody to get their laptops through government source. I have enough laptop that I can give to my sister. But YOU MUST GET IT VIA THERE PROGRAM instead of giving them time frame and specifications to meet up with.
Take for instance, they would have simply say everybody must get a laptop latest by so so so date. The laptop Must meet up with sososo requirement in capacity or else you will have to get one through us.

These are the questions I will like to ask.

What of someone that has one before or prefer to buy in cash (because he/she does not want to owe?
What happens to those who will lost or spoil their own in the next few months(They are bound to happen)?

It is a good things all together but The process and the manner they do it is not thebest
Re: Ekiti Wins ICT State Govt Of The Year Award by Nobody: 1:51pm On Sep 21, 2012
oraclefemi: that award if useless if ekiti state university doesn't have a comprehensive computer science lab to teach its student , i am a graduate of that school and for the 4yrs i was there studying computer science i was never taught with a computer or with anything being displayed on a computer ...i finished last year and i am serving , my degree is total rubbish because i was taught programming on a writing board so we don't have an idea if they will run or not ..so please that award makes no sense to me ..the university website is a total eye sore and most of the work done in the school that should have been computerized are still be done with huge files and paperwork ...dare me and ask ..80% percent of the lecturers in that school can't open an email address...

You have a valid point and that is why it is so important for the government to make sure the situation does not remain like that for too long.
Re: Ekiti Wins ICT State Govt Of The Year Award by coolsamie0(m): 9:54pm On Sep 21, 2012
i feel you, we finished together. Bt e be like say dem dey try small small
Re: Ekiti Wins ICT State Govt Of The Year Award by mohh4fun: 9:06am On Sep 23, 2012
Eko Atlantic:

I never said "Akwa-Ibom library isn't generating revenue for the state".

Wasn't it just last month that the akwa-Ibom library commissioned?
Don't forget that Fashola of Lagos also commissioned an e-library after akpabios's
What I'm saying is that this organization might not just base their assessment on e-library, but other ICT development in the state.
Good that you even noted where it was stated that laptop was shared, these are other types of ICT development that I'm talking about.

Also, I don't know how much the akwa-Ibom's newly built e-library would have generated for the state that will be as much as this

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking Mews: Prof Jega Sacks Imo Rec Dr Adar. / See The Number Of People Buhari Appointed From Katsina State In Just 3 Yrs. / Gov Obiano’s Wife Tears His Shirt In Public 4 Inviting Mistress E State Function

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.