Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,283 members, 7,881,058 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:38 AM

Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone (17161 Views)

How To Use Less Mobile Data On Your Android Or Iphone / Applications On Your Phone That Does Amazing Things / How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by krazied(m): 1:15pm On Sep 25, 2012
Jeez can't believe even here in naija this bloody argument goes on, now lets face facts for us here the Iphone might just be another piece of crap cause half of the features they're touting won't work here, the map is a no brainier, the app store don't work in naija so why bother? if i were in the states, sure it just might be it, but i'd rather go for a windows phone though gives me better seamless connectivity with my system and now nokia is there to booth. so please shut it with the iphone, samsung noise already and i do agree samsung still feels like a plastic piece of garbage. cheesy
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by Nobody: 2:12pm On Sep 25, 2012
krazied: Jeez can't believe even here in naija this bloody argument goes on, now lets face facts for us here the Iphone might just be another piece of crap cause half of the features they're touting won't work here, the map is a no brainier, the app store don't work in naija so why bother? if i were in the states, sure it just might be it, but i'd rather go for a windows phone though gives me better seamless connectivity with my system and now nokia is there to booth. so please shut it with the iphone, samsung noise already and i do agree samsung still feels like a plastic piece of garbage. cheesy

You are not exactly right about the sentence in bold, and the issue about map not working here, I won't know what you guys mean by that but really I can even locate myself with Find my Iphone and that works with map doesnt it ?
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by rainmaker12(m): 7:46pm On Oct 07, 2012
gs3 won! map is difficult in naija, if not dat it won't work.... 1-1 now......smiley
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by chucky234(m): 12:56pm On Oct 08, 2012
Can you beat an iBrain? My iPhone works wonder,never a dull moment but I love the HDMI on GS3 and Optmus G2X.
People should compare GS3 with One X and not iPhone5,though both phones floors iPhone4s in so many areas but iPhone5 is unrivaled.
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by Todaynatoday: 12:59pm On Oct 08, 2012
I don't have any of these phones but when they create the one that can fit into the brain, lemme know.
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by Bunchersstab(m): 1:01pm On Oct 08, 2012
Me go boil my trium phone,cook am well & e go still work if I couple am
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by Nobody: 1:03pm On Oct 08, 2012
Simple question, nobody gree provide answer.

What can your SG3 do that an Iphone can't do. Not what they said on their website. Abi una never buy am yet??

Some of the differences can't even be noticed with the naked eye, other features are location specific. Its just that one has a bigger screen and the other looks so sexy.

I like sexy phones that wreak of QUALITY, so I got an i5. full stop. SG3 doesn't.
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by Harbb: 1:35pm On Oct 08, 2012
One feature that thrills me about my iPhone is how I can quickly scan my document anytime the need for that arises without having to look for a scanning machine. I then attach it to my mail and send it anywhere anytime. I don't know whether SG3 does that.

1 Like

Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 08, 2012
How about the following, experienced first hand between a Galaxy Note and Ipad (a close relative of IPhone5):

1) Support microSD - it's still the easiest way to move large data around. Dropbox and other cloud solutions are cool but they require internet connnection and eat up your mobile internet data.
2) Supports flash - as vilified as Flash is, some sites still run it and such sites break down on IOS.
3) Has a file system - IOS is incapable of attaching different file types via email, you have to go thru loops just to send an excel sheet and an mp3 as attachment on a single mail, a non-existent problem on the Note. Same reason you can't upload a picture/file via IOS device on nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by wonlasewonimi: 1:49pm On Oct 08, 2012
Tell me why I have to go through iTunes to do everything. Give it to Apple, they have got people locked but it's still rubbish compared to what you are free to do with Samsung(Android).
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by DANILSA(m): 1:57pm On Oct 08, 2012
I DONT THINK ANYBODY HAS ANSWERED THE QUESTION THE OP IS ASKING. WELL AV NOT USED ANY OF THE TWO BUT MY BB CAN PING WHILE THE TWO CANT PING.MY BB USES 1500 ONLY EVEN IF I DECIDE TO DOWNLOAD HEAVEN kiss BUT THE TWO CANT. grin cheesy grin. BUT FOR GOD'S SAKE THAT IPHONE IS TOO EXPENSIVE. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed I STILL PREFER SAMSUNG.SAMSUNG CAN DETECT THE RETINA WHILE APPLE CANT. grin grin grin
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by gragraboy: 2:01pm On Oct 08, 2012
look at all this people talking about iphone and stuff when the only apple product you have is your apple hair cream mtcheew!

3 Likes

Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by Ojix85: 2:03pm On Oct 08, 2012
Nuff said!!!

4 Likes

Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 08, 2012
Gbyte: Nairalanders won't stop surprising me, still arguing that their plastic Samsung phone is better than IPhone, that's why I've created this post so that who ever has a Samsung or iPhone should come out and say that amazing thing you feel your Samsung or iPhone can to that makes it better than the other phone.
Let the post begin
Busy body, go do something better with your life that will actually add value to humanity. Samsung and Iphone have done their part greatly. What have you done? undecided

1 Like

Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by adanny01(m): 2:19pm On Oct 08, 2012
I just bought an original spare battery for my sgs2 for #3500 and an 8gb micro sd to expand my 16gb internal for just #4000. With #7500 av upgraded my sgs2. I can now carry more movies to last me a whole boring week! I can watch more hours of movies or more gaming time and comfortably watch my movies with a 4.3" screen at no extra cost. Thats my sgs2 oh. Show me an iPhone that can do that, even the famous iPhone 5. Plus do you know the price difference between 16 and 32gb iPhone?
On quality, i give it up to the iPhone.
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by greaterlove(m): 2:21pm On Oct 08, 2012
Ojix85: Nuff said!!!
guy tell them o!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf5-Prx19ZM

2 Likes

Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by buchiuzor: 2:26pm On Oct 08, 2012
BOTH PHONES ARE KINGS IN THEIR OWN WORLDS.
STRUCTURALLY, THE Iphone is stronger. except the phone is jail broken, you will virtually have to PAY for ALL your applications. BATTERY life is ok.
The Samsung galaxy S1, could be compared to any iphone except that it doesn't have a flash light. this was taken care of in SGH 2.
With the WIRELESS HOTSPOT, sorry if u don't understand this, 8 different computers browsing the same time against the mtn my-fi that allows 5 connections. ie, no more modems needed.
with the website, wwww.bestandroiddownloads.com, you don't pay for any software at all (full versions).
S3, retina display feature, even you can use your face to unlock the screen, NO NEED FOR SECURITY CODES.
You can download any thing from every where and don't need permission from safari.
your home screen can also be personalised. when screen is cracked or smashed, it still works perfectly(even the IPHONE can do this).

I'm not saying the Iphone isn't good but I would prefare my CHEAPER, PLASTIC samsung galaxy S1 & S2 to Iphone % any day any time. For your info, have already used the Iphone.
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by gidiMonsta(m): 2:34pm On Oct 08, 2012
The only people that can rank an iphone5 higher than the SG3 are the apple fanboys and peeps who know next to nothing about technology. I'm not a fandroid and do not see my self getting the SG3 anytime soon but that phone trounces the iphone5 in many departments despite the fact that it came out much earlier.

The iphone fanboys should concentrate on getting the useless map on ios6 to work rather than chasing the tail of a real gadget. Plastic or not, the SG3 feels more futuristic in the hands than that apple iphone 4S+ aka iphone5.
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by infolekan(m): 3:01pm On Oct 08, 2012
1. The samsung doesn't scratch while the iphone 5 does.
2. The camera is better on the S3 than the iphone 5. Even the iphone 4S has a better battery.
3. I've used up the memory on my iphone 3gs 16G since & have to keep deleting stuff on it everytime I want to add stuff. Non expandable memory is a problem.
4. 326 & 320 ppi are both the same thing to a naked eye so resolution isn't much to brag about.
5.No bluetooth connectivity to receive files like pictures & music on the go in Iphone
6. No slavery to itunes to do everything from adding a picture to loading music.
7. Its basically not for someone who isn't a tech savie....lots of format need to be converted on itunes.
8. Video formats like divx & others not supported.
9. Can't even go into other features like the warped maps on iphone 5, purplish tinge to the camera and the fact that the itunes store isn't a fully functional one in Nigeria(& I don't expect anyone to reply to this last statement unless you're using an iphone personally & I've tried to buy music from their store)
10. Can't exhaust the list.

2 Likes

Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by ebukaeze00(m): 3:03pm On Oct 08, 2012
coogar:

my samsung is powered with ice cream sandwich! there's a newer os in town called the jellybean but its not accessible until my service provider decides to patch it to me. my phone display is 306 pixel per inch compared to apple's 326 pixel per inch - but here's the catch - the naked eye won't know the difference!

you cant compare your samsungs screen to the new Gorilla glass and retina display on the iphone 5..... so calm down
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by ebukaeze00(m): 3:06pm On Oct 08, 2012
adanny01: I just bought an original spare battery for my sgs2 for #3500 and an 8gb micro sd to expand my 16gb internal for just #4000. With #7500 av upgraded my sgs2. I can now carry more movies to last me a whole boring week! I can watch more hours of movies or more gaming time and comfortably watch my movies with a 4.3" screen at no extra cost. Thats my sgs2 oh. Show me an iPhone that can do that, even the famous iPhone 5. Plus do you know the price difference between 16 and 32gb iPhone?
On quality, i give it up to the iPhone.

Is that All? LOL okay come to think of it, most iphone users dont even think about having movies on their phones......with varieties of Apps and standard games of high resolutions on a mobile device why stress myself or disturb myself especially if the iphone is jailbroken...... FINISH
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by Ojix85: 3:27pm On Oct 08, 2012
greaterlove:
guy tell them o!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf5-Prx19ZM

Lovely commercial... Lmao!!
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by Nobody: 3:28pm On Oct 08, 2012
I own a htc one x and a samsung s3. I think the htc is the best smart phone ever made. It is just elegant all the way with its larger screen size. The iphone is amazing but inferior to the htc and s3 in my opinion.
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by ebukaeze00(m): 3:30pm On Oct 08, 2012
infolekan: 1. The samsung doesn't scratch while the iphone 5 does.
2. The camera is better on the S3 than the iphone 5. Even the iphone 4S has a better battery.
3. I've used up the memory on my iphone 3gs 16G since & have to keep deleting stuff on it everytime I want to add stuff. Non expandable memory is a problem.
4. 326 & 320 ppi are both the same thing to a naked eye so resolution isn't much to brag about.
5.No bluetooth connectivity to receive files like pictures & music on the go in Iphone
6. No slavery to itunes to do everything from adding a picture to loading music.
7. Its basically not for someone who isn't a tech savie....lots of format need to be converted on itunes.
8. Video formats like divx & others not supported.
9. Can't even go into other features like the warped maps on iphone 5, purplish tinge to the camera and the fact that the itunes store isn't a fully functional one in Nigeria(& I don't expect anyone to reply to this last statement unless you're using an iphone personally & I've tried to buy music from their store)
10. Can't exhaust the list.

IM SO LOVING THIS

1 where do you get your infos from.....dude iphones stopped scratching from the 4th generation ie iphone 4, 4S and 5 dont scratch
2 did you just say camera back off the iphone 5 is in retina display and has a 8MP camera 3264x2448 pixels, autofocus, LED flash and can shoot videos up to 1080p,so calm down and stop bluffing
3 hmmmmmm okay about the non expandable memory, you have a point there.... but you can use remote servers such as Dropbox
4 stop mentioning resolutions here..... the iphone 5 has a resolution of about 640 x 1136 pixels
5 Bluetooth? is that your problem? well theres a solution to that.... with a jailbroken iphone you can exchange files over bluetooth with iBluenova or ibluetooth(ios 2&3)then celeste bluetooth (ios 4&5) but all these would be done via cydia

6 Slavery to itunes? hell no once an idevice is jailbroken you can use a file manager tool named ifile to browse through your files so you can copy and paste from your desktop or use applications like xilisoft or ifunbox

7 conversion of files is just a waste of time bro.... theres a VLC player for the iphone so all you need to do is paste any media format on the vlc player via flie sharing and thats it

8 i've explained that already......you can watch any media file on your iphone through VLC Player.....

9 why buy music from itunes store..... install safari download manager plug-in with the help of cydia and download anything on the go from the internet

10 with all ive just said here i wanna let you all know that almost everything is possible with your iphone and if you wanna get to talk to me more or if youre having any problem with your idevice or you wanna perform a factory unlock for iphone 4,4S or 5 (AT&T only), jailbreak or get as much as 200 Apps and games (FIFA, PES, ASSASINS CREED, NFS etc) holla at me

appleprokid93@gmail.com
BB PIN 290BBA54
08033847320.... Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by Nobody: 3:36pm On Oct 08, 2012
Harbb: One feature that thrills me about my iPhone is how I can quickly scan my document anytime the need for that arises without having to look for a scanning machine. I then attach it to my mail and send it anywhere anytime. I don't know whether SG3 does that.

Are you folks really serious? Any modern day phone can do that. Even the lowest samsung with a camera phone does that. Kini big deal.
The SG3 can do anything that the Iphone 5 can do. CASE CLOSED. No need argueing.
Can you transfer files seamlessly by just touching two iphones together?
Can you watch a video while still performing other tasks?
Can you watch videos/pictures on your "samsung" tv by just swyping on your phone and it automatically goes onto you tv?

@OP The SG3 can be used as a mouse and all that crap you mentioned.
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by infolekan(m): 3:46pm On Oct 08, 2012
ebukaeze00:

IM SO LOVING THIS

1 where do you get your infos from.....dude iphones stopped scratching from the 4th generation ie iphone 4, 4S and 5 dont scratch
2 did you just say camera back off the iphone 5 is in retina display and has a 8MP camera 3264x2448 pixels, autofocus, LED flash and can shoot videos up to 1080p,so calm down and stop bluffing
3 hmmmmmm okay about the non expandable memory, you have a point there.... but you can use remote servers such as Dropbox
4 stop mentioning resolutions here..... the iphone 5 has a resolution of about 640 x 1136 pixels
5 Bluetooth? is that your problem? well theres a solution to that.... with a jailbroken iphone you can exchange files over bluetooth with iBluenova or ibluetooth(ios 2&3)then celeste bluetooth (ios 4&5) but all these would be done via cydia

6 Slavery to itunes? hell no once an idevice is jailbroken you can use a file manager tool named ifile to browse through your files so you can copy and paste from your desktop or use applications like xilisoft or ifunbox

7 conversion of files is just a waste of time bro.... theres a VLC player for the iphone so all you need to do is paste any media format on the vlc player via flie sharing and thats it

8 i've explained that already......you can watch any media file on your iphone through VLC Player.....

9 why buy music from itunes store..... install safari download manager plug-in with the help of cydia and download anything on the go from the internet

10 with all ive just said here i wanna let you all know that almost everything is possible with your iphone and if you wanna get to talk to me more or if youre having any problem with your idevice or you wanna perform a factory unlock for iphone 4,4S or 5 (AT&T only), jailbreak or get as much as 200 Apps and games (FIFA, PES, ASSASINS CREED, NFS etc) holla at me

appleprokid93@gmail.com
BB PIN 290BBA54
08033847320.... Thanks

1. Iphone 5 scratches. Something that has to do with aniodised surface.
2. Iphone 4S camera is better. You can read these 2 points in reviews.
3. Cydia is not pre installed and jailbreaking ur iphone voids warranty
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by seechris(m): 3:46pm On Oct 08, 2012
chocckidd: with my gs3 yesterday i was downloading skyfall with utorrent while tweeting and watching bourne legacy with the pop up feature.and all this while my hotspot was on and being used by my junior bro to ping with his bb
I don't believe you that phone would generated enough heat to burn your fingers.
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by infolekan(m): 3:49pm On Oct 08, 2012
ebukaeze00:

IM SO LOVING THIS

appleprokid93@gmail.com
BB PIN 290BBA54
08033847320.... Thanks

3. Resolution on the S3 is higher. The only reason it has a lower ppi is because of the larger screen.
4. Cydia is not pre installed and jailbreaking ur iphone voids warranty.
Plus all these stuff costs extra money.
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by 190: 3:53pm On Oct 08, 2012
Can any of these phones iron clothes or end the flood problems in nigeria

if no then all of you sharrap!! angry angry
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by lasunray(m): 4:11pm On Oct 08, 2012
THIS MUST BE A JOKE SECTION!
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by alexhl(m): 4:53pm On Oct 08, 2012
should we also consider this Lg device?
that is among the top 10 right now in India
http://www.lakotai.com/blog/2012/10/06/lg-optimus-4x-hd-4-kind-of-people-that-need-this-successful-gadget/
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by ebukaeze00(m): 5:34pm On Oct 08, 2012
infolekan:

3. Resolution on the S3 is higher. The only reason it has a lower ppi is because of the larger screen.
4. Cydia is not pre installed and jailbreaking ur iphone voids warranty.
Plus all these stuff costs extra money.

Cydia is not preinstalled.... true that, you get it after jalibreaking your ios Device
jailbreaking Voids warranty and thats because Apple knows all they stand when an ios device is jailbroken same goes to when an andriod device is ROOTED

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is The Sony "SmartWatch" A Smart Buy? / ***4rm Me 2 U:zain Internet*** / Thanks To Infinix, I Saw Davido Concert Live At 02 Arena

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.