Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,955 members, 7,890,156 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 10:08 AM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (228) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2455711 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (1034) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:21pm On Aug 16, 2015
asha80:
there is no post on those things you said especially the industrial park.i have not seen any news of it anywhere

Here is the Governor's statement.

http://nigerianpilot.com/okorocha-dismisses-critics-says-he-is-focused-on-industrializing-imo/

He explained that his administration has worked so much
on the issue of industrial parks which are now changing
close to Ohaji/Egbema because of the closeness to gas
supply as partners are coming from Singapore and China by the first week of September for a joint review of the site and to construct the industrial park.

“We decided Ohaji/Egbema because of the closeness to gas supply, so we are arranging with oil companies to allow
access to gas so that we can power the entire industrial
park. For me I have promised Imo people that I will deliver
and I ‘m sure I will deliver”.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 9:27pm On Aug 16, 2015
Abagworo:

Why I like Asha80's contribution is that we always make our contribution on what is best to do in situations but millionaireman and others never contribute but rather attack every positive news from Imo State.

Positive news?

It is four years that you spread the same type of news from your principals in Douglas House, Owerri - news about Chinese, Turkish, German business people coming to partner with Okorocha government to provide light, industries and what have you.

Question: if a state legislature approved money to build Princess and Prince Hotels, two sports stadia in Okigwe and Orlu respectively, and about three-and-half years after, those projects are not built by the executive, what happens?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 9:35pm On Aug 16, 2015
Abagworo:

I wrote "fight him to non performance". What it means is that he will spend the next 4 years fighting instead of settling down to govern. It is best we criticise when necessary but leave him to do his best.

I have been the only one populating this thread with pictures and I am not even based in Imo. If indeed most of these people fighting me for posting these pictures are not out for mischief, why can't they populate the thread?

Owerri is an extremely beautiful city with many scenic views but yet none of them has contributed one picture. Even millionaireman from Orlu could not show pictures but when I went out of my way to get pictures, he started attacking me and Okorocha.

I have shown my hometown with its beautiful lake and serene environment but none of them has shown his.

I doubt a government can be fought to non performance unless that government never wanted to perform in the first instance..moreover this is his second term so he can do whatever he wants to do.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 9:35pm On Aug 16, 2015
This thread needs to be diversified a little. Abagworo don't worry Aga ma nye gi ohere, k' kuturu' ume. Umunnem, we don't talk about other development indices in Imo state. Let's talk sports biko.
By the way what is happening with Heartland fc. Thought there was a change of guard recently. Why the big loss against 3SC.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 9:43pm On Aug 16, 2015
SKIPPER EFUGH SAYS HEARTLAND STILL SHOCKED BY 3SC LOSS

by Staff Reporter

Tuesday Aug 11, 2015. 08:28

Heartland FC captain Chinedu Efugh has told AfricanFootball.com his team are still in a shock after a Week 22 loss to Shooting Stars.
On Monday, Heartland FC lost 3-1 to Shooting Stars in a rescheduled match at the Rojenny International Stadium, Oba, near Onitsha.
It was Shooting Stars first win in many years.
Efugh said ‘The Naze Millionaires’ were unlucky to lose the game which everyone expected them to win.
"The game just turned against us. We didn't deserve to lose the game. It was a surprise to me and the entire team that we lost the game like that, it was a game we were expected to win,” Efugh told AfricanFootball.com
“It's just hard luck for us. Shooting Stars utilised all their chances to win the game. That's football for you."

http://www.africanfootball.com/news/558838/Skipper-Efugh-says-Heartland-still-shocked-by-3SC-loss

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:44pm On Aug 16, 2015
asha80:
I doubt a government can be fought to non performance unless that government never wanted to perform in the first instance..moreover this is his second term so he can do whatever he wants to do.

A Government whose every decision is fought cannot perform optimally. Okorocha suffered from a big fight against a combination of federal might and Igbo political elders in his 1st term but used the masses to win a 2nd term. Many of the contractors that abscounded including the Dina man from Lebanon were on instruction from powers that be. This 2nd term should have been a flawless ride but radio biafra has teamed up with the politicians to even recruit the masses in fighting him. The end result will be legitimate protest against every attempt of development including refusal to give out land and even violence based wholly on rumours without verification.

An example is the recent protest by Alvan students against Okorocha instead of FG even though it was just a rumour.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 9:45pm On Aug 16, 2015
Abagworo:

Here is the Governor's statement.

http://nigerianpilot.com/okorocha-dismisses-critics-says-he-is-focused-on-industrializing-imo/

He explained that his administration has worked so much
on the issue of industrial parks which are now changing
close to Ohaji/Egbema because of the closeness to gas
supply as partners are coming from Singapore and China by the first week of September for a joint review of the site and to construct the industrial park.

“We decided Ohaji/Egbema because of the closeness to gas supply, so we are arranging with oil companies to allow
access to gas so that we can power the entire industrial
park. For me I have promised Imo people that I will deliver
and I ‘m sure I will deliver”.
these sound more rochas saying what he wants to rather than something being concluded to be done...will not say anything about it until i see something concrete like the shell gas story
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:48pm On Aug 16, 2015
Chiwude:
SKIPPER EFUGH SAYS HEARTLAND STILL SHOCKED BY 3SC LOSS

by Staff Reporter

Tuesday Aug 11, 2015. 08:28

Heartland FC captain Chinedu Efugh has told AfricanFootball.com his team are still in a shock after a Week 22 loss to Shooting Stars.
On Monday, Heartland FC lost 3-1 to Shooting Stars in a rescheduled match at the Rojenny International Stadium, Oba, near Onitsha.
It was Shooting Stars first win in many years.
Efugh said ‘The Naze Millionaires’ were unlucky to lose the game which everyone expected them to win.
"The game just turned against us. We didn't deserve to lose the game. It was a surprise to me and the entire team that we lost the game like that, it was a game we were expected to win,” Efugh told AfricanFootball.com
“It's just hard luck for us. Shooting Stars utilised all their chances to win the game. That's football for you."

http://www.africanfootball.com/news/558838/Skipper-Efugh-says-Heartland-still-shocked-by-3SC-loss

What is needed is beautiful pictures and positive news. If not for me it would have appeared like nothing positive has happened or there are no beautiful places in Imo State.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 9:50pm On Aug 16, 2015
Abagworo:

A Government whose every decision is fought cannot perform optimally. Okorocha suffered from a big fight against a combination of federal might and Igbo political elders in his 1st term but used the masses to win a 2nd term. Many of the contractors that abscounded including the Dina man from Lebanon were on instruction from powers that be. This 2nd term should have been a flawless ride but radio biafra has teamed up with the politicians to even recruit the masses in fighting him. The end result will be legitimate protest against every attempt of development including refusal to give out land and even violence based wholly on rumours without verification.

An example is the recent protest by Alvan students against Okorocha instead of FG even though it was just a rumour.

pls lets us prepare the ground for excuses in case of failure as okorocha is not the only person criticized by the so called radio biafra..the masses were with him before elections abi?so why fight him now if there is nothing about his pronouncement or activities that they feel imn inimical to them?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:51pm On Aug 16, 2015
asha80:
these sound more rochas saying what he wants to rather than something being concluded to be done...will not say anything about it until i see something concrete like the shell gas story

You start from somewhere. The message is that Orlu zone is getting the industrial park because of high availabilty of oil and gas which I believe is right and more economically intelligent decision than laying pipe to Owerri/Irete industrial area.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Beremx(f): 9:52pm On Aug 16, 2015
Abagworo:

What is needed is beautiful pictures and positive news. If not for me it would have appeared like nothing positive has happened or there are no beautiful places in Imo State.
kindly post recent beautiful pictures if you have any. Am tired of seeing old ones

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:53pm On Aug 16, 2015
asha80:
pls lets us prepare the ground for excuses in case of failure as okorocha is not the only person criticized by the so called radio biafra..the masses were with him before elections abi?so why fight him now if there is nothing about his pronouncement or activities that they feel imn inimical to them?

You do not understand how the Igbo masses are carried away by the biafra stuf. Many villagers now call him Okoroawusa and call Nigeria zoo and even believe he is turning Igbos to Muslims.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 9:54pm On Aug 16, 2015
Abagworo:

I'm beginning to enjoy this thread now, just like before. All thanks to Chino's civility and maybe your maturity to large extent
This is how it should be, just like our sister Igbo states as Enugu and Anambra. I hope it continues this way.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:57pm On Aug 16, 2015
Beremx:
kindly post recent beautiful pictures if you have any. Am tired of seeing old ones

I have been cut off from Southeast. You can spend 5hours trying to make a 5mins drive from Obigbo to Imo river boundary. The straight road via Omarelu is equally a death trap once you enter Umuapu.

Those in Imo State should do the work of taking pictures.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 9:57pm On Aug 16, 2015
Abagworo:

You do not understand how the Igbo masses are carried away by the biafra stuf. Many villagers now call him Okoroawusa and call Nigeria zoo and even believe he is turning Igbos to Muslims.
you used to say imo igbo people are different that they cannot be swayed by sentiments against rochas by our neighbours...so what happened to that your view before if rochas has been 'good to imolites'?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 2:35pm On Aug 17, 2015
This was cut from a Facebook entry of an Imolite from Mbano area. August 13 at 11:23pm

Iyke Mbano

"MEE TOO AM A SUPPORTER OF OWELLE AND APC BUT I WAS NOT HAPPY WITH BAD CONDITION OF SOME OF THE ROADS I PLIED SUCH AS ORLU CITY ROAD WHICH IS BADLY DILAPIDATED, AWO THRU ORLU ROAD, DANKASI TO AMARAKU JUNCTION TOO BAD TOO, OWELLE HAS TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THESE AREAS I MENTIONED BEFORE THEY BECOME TOTALLY IMPASSABLE I HAD TO TAKE ONE WAY TO AVOID THE BIG POTHOLE, THE AWO THRU ORLU CITY ROAD DESTROYED MY VEHICLE WHEN I PASSED THRU THE ROAD AS A SHORT CUT TO ANARA, ISU ROAD IS BAD TOO AND A SPOT IN ANARA ADJACENT TO THE ROUND ABOUT, IMMEDIATE ACTION HAS TO BE TAKEN BY OWELLE IN THESE ROADS I MENTIONED AND OTHER ONES I DID NOT PASS THROUGH WHICH ARE BAD TOO, PEOPLE ARE GOING THRU HELL ON THESE ROADS THAT PASSED THROUGH, INFACT I NEARLY CRIED WHEN I PASSED THRU THE ROADS DUE TO THEIR BAD STATE DESPITE RECENTLY RECONSTRUCTED, GOVERNMENT ATTENTION SHOULD BE DRAWN ON THEM AND IMMEDIATE REPAIR COMMENCES"
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 2:06pm On Aug 19, 2015
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/yudala-experience-stores-set-to-create-150-000-jobs/216002

http://www.techcityng.com/yudala-set-to-launch-a-duo-of-online-and-retail-stores-in-nigeria/

The owerri outlet of this is located on mbaise rd near fire service round about...my guess is from the locations they are about to roll of the owners are from se.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:50am On Aug 20, 2015
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nbc-begins-work-on-n80bn-mega-plant-project-in-imo/217942/

Management of the Nigerian Bottling Company (NBC)
Limited has disclosed that work would soon commence on
its mega plant project at Okigwe in Imo State which is
expected to cost the company N80 billion.

Also, the bottling company had paid over N33 billion
electricity bills it consumed in five years period.
This was disclosed by the Head of Public Affairs
Communication, Mr. Uzo Odenigbo, during an interactive
session with journalists in Owerri, the state capital.

According to him, work on the proposed site should have
commenced earlier, stating that despite the delay,
arrangement had been concluded to start work on the
30,000 hectares of land soon.
He however denied the allegation of rift between the
company and the state government over the said land,
following the abandonment of the land after many years it
was handed over to the NBC.

Odenigbo noted that when the plant becomes operational, it
would create jobs for many Nigerians and reduce youth
unemployment and restiveness in the country.
The company image maker also disclosed that the
management had within the period of 2008 to 2013 paid
Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) now Enugu
Electricity Development Commission (EEDC) the sum of N33
billion as electricity bills.

He stated that the company had always settled its
electricity bills anywhere they have their operational plants
to avoid distraction despite having other sources of
electricity.

Answering questions from journalists during the interactive
session, he explained that the NBC operates 12 bottling
plants in Nigeria in addition to 50 distribution depots and a
widespread network of distribution partners.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 11:01am On Aug 20, 2015
Abagworo:
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nbc-begins-work-on-n80bn-mega-plant-project-in-imo/217942/

Management of the Nigerian Bottling Company (NBC)
Limited has disclosed that work would soon commence on
its mega plant project at Okigwe in Imo State which is
expected to cost the company N80 billion.

Also, the bottling company had paid over N33 billion
electricity bills it consumed in five years period.
This was disclosed by the Head of Public Affairs
Communication, Mr. Uzo Odenigbo, during an interactive
session with journalists in Owerri, the state capital.

According to him, work on the proposed site should have
commenced earlier, stating that despite the delay,
arrangement had been concluded to start work on the
30,000 hectares of land soon.
He however denied the allegation of rift between the
company and the state government over the said land,
following the abandonment of the land after many years it
was handed over to the NBC.

Odenigbo noted that when the plant becomes operational, it
would create jobs for many Nigerians and reduce youth
unemployment and restiveness in the country.
The company image maker also disclosed that the
management had within the period of 2008 to 2013 paid
Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) now Enugu
Electricity Development Commission (EEDC) the sum of N33
billion as electricity bills.

He stated that the company had always settled its
electricity bills anywhere they have their operational plants
to avoid distraction despite having other sources of
electricity.

Answering questions from journalists during the interactive
session, he explained that the NBC operates 12 bottling
plants in Nigeria in addition to 50 distribution depots and a
widespread network of distribution partners.
that is quite huge..well nbc has taken over consolidated brewries..i wonder what part of okigwe this is going to be sited though...rugged terrain
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 11:43am On Aug 20, 2015
The NBC in this case is not Nigerian breweries

asha80:
that is quite huge..well nbc has taken over consolidated brewries..i wonder what part of okigwe this is going to be sited though...rugged terrain
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 11:51am On Aug 20, 2015
RareDiamond:
The NBC in this case is not Nigerian breweries

sorry nbc is nigerian bottling company not nigerian brewries that is nbl
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 6:43pm On Aug 20, 2015
List Of Commissioners, Other Appointees Ready Okorocha’s Nominees To Reach Imo Assembly Next Week

Posted by admin on Aug 17th, 2015

By the time members of the Imo State House of Assembly resume from their break next week, part of the challenges they are expected to tackle is the issue of screening of the governor`s lists for appointment into offices.
After keeping the residents of the state in suspense concerning those who would be part of his new cabinet, Trumpeta leant that the list is ready and waiting delivery to appropriate quarters for screening.
Part of the first duties Governor Rochas Okorocha discharged when he took oath of office for second tenure was the mass sack of all appointees including members of boards and commissions. To get the government running, few aides including positions for Secretary to the State Government and Chief of Staff were appointed. Two months after running the affairs of the state alone, Okorocha is said to have concluded arrangements to form his full cabinet.
Though, details of the names to become commissioners, special advisers , senior special assistants and special assistants have not been made public, but our reporter was informed that the list has been drawn and waiting for the next move.
Trumpeta was informed that the recent trip Okorocha made to overseas offered him the opportunity and conducive environment to settle and pencil down suitable names for the positions. It was also gathered that the governor also had time to interface with the speaker of the House, Acho Ihim who it was further gathered also made inputs into the new lists. The action of the governor is said to have put paid to activities of lobbyists who employed several fronts to gain his attention and that of family members for consideration for political offices.

http://www.imotrumpeta.com/?p=14933
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:58pm On Aug 20, 2015
Saw this on The Nation newspaper and it's quite disappointing. Imo security guard workers protest against 7 months debt. If Okorocha cannot handle his recurrent expenditure, then the free education should be scrapped and the money used for payment of salaries. It is useless building roads or giving free education to hungry people and I hope this is not true.

http://thenationonlineng.net/photo-local-security-protest-unpaid-stipends-in-owerri/

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 4:13am On Aug 21, 2015
Very unlike you to say such about Okorocha. I think the issue isn't in free education or roads. Both are cheap really. The issue is fiscal ignorance and the use of state funds for rochas' failed presidential ambition. Rochas believed for example, in scrapping the local government. In countries all over the world, local governments (call them country, ward, city) are sources of revenue and mico development that take the burden off the state. So now he has to build every nook and cranny in Imo down to the last blade of grass and it's too much for the state to bare.

fiscal ignorance. A lot of wasteful projects as well like those ugly confusing pedestrian bridges.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 3:38pm On Aug 21, 2015
NBC targets Imo for biggest plant in Nigeria

The Nigerian Bottling Company (NBC) Ltd. has announced it plans to establish a mega production facility in Okigwe, Imo State.

The company’s Head of Public Affairs and Communication, Uzo Odenigbo, said that the NBC was currently executing an Accelerated Investment Plan aimed at doubling production capacity by 2020; adding that while some of their plants in Nigeria were being upgraded, a new plant would be established in Imo.

He said that the existing operations in Imo State would be significantly enhanced, hence the need to drive “momentous investment into its operations and site a world-class, state-of-the-art factory in Okigwe.”

“When completed, the facility will be the biggest NBC manufacturing and warehouse site in the country, supporting other existing production lines to deliver more to yearning customers and dealers in the Eastern part of the country and beyond in an environmentally sustainable way,” he said.

“Demand for our products is high, and in a bid to meet up with the sales projection trajectory in a very competitive environment, more production lines will be installed, most of which will be in our new Okigwe mega production facility.”

He also revealed that the company had been supporting the socio-economic lives of its stakeholders, providing employment opportunities, improving livelihood and economically empowering communities where they operate.

He added that the company was also partnering with communities on its shared values of youth development and women empowerment. “In this drive, we are collaborating with state governments to support female entrepreneurship with trade asset financing and business training for women entrepreneurs,” he said.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/nbc-targets-imo-for-biggest-plant-in-nigeria/
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 3:39pm On Aug 21, 2015
Ofodirinwa:
NBC targets Imo for biggest plant in Nigeria

http://dailytimes.com.ng/nbc-targets-imo-for-biggest-plant-in-nigeria/
it has already being posted here
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 3:40pm On Aug 21, 2015
it's so difficult to find business or developmental news in Imo. Our people have made a grave mistake investing into populism and politics from the government
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 8:49pm On Aug 24, 2015

Imo legislature recommends expulsion of coca-cola company Insists coy must tender c-of-o for certification

– Posted 3 days agoPosted in: Economy, International News, Local News, Security

The State House of Assembly Imo state, on Tuesday August, 18, 2015 recommended that, the executive governor of the state, Owelle Rochas Okorocha should take urgent steps in revocation of the certificate of occupancy (c-of-o) for over 300 hectres of land allocated operations of the Nigerian Bottling Company, (NBC), manufacturers of coca-cola soft drinks, in Okigwe LGA, considering the excruciating economic down-turn ravaging the state.
Addressing the Assembly during interface with authorities of the NBC led by the operations manager, Mallam Aliyu Bako, speaker of the House of Assembly Rt. Hon.Acho Ihim, said that the move became most-imperative, in view of the fact that, the company, which occupied the vast land in Okigwe, Imo State for thirty (30) years, has not shown convincing will and desire to help address the unemployment scourge in the state among other bothering issues trailing the protracted delay to begin business by the multi-national firm.
During the summon, preceded by a cross-fire of “question and answer” session upon resolution on a house motion earlier moved by the member representing Njaba constituency, Hon. (Mrs) Uju Mbadiwe, the embittered Majority of the state lawmakers, who took a swipe in ensuring that authorities of the NBC present for certification, operational permit and other papers issued them on allocation of the land at Okigwe since 30years ago, maintaing that, if the company is not ready to begin work on the land, the certificate of occupancy be withdrawn as other companies are readily available to invest there, in the state.
The aggrieved lawmakers, notable among whom are, the deputy speaker Hon. Ugonna Ozuruigbo, (Nwangele) Hon. Chinedu Ofor (Onuimo),Hon. Kennedy Ibeh (Obowo),Hon.Obinna Egu (Ngor-Okpala), Hon.Mike Iheanetu (Aboh-Mbaise) Hon.(Mrs) Uju Mbadiwe (Njaba), Hon Ikechukwu Amuka (Ideato-south) Hon. (Mrs) Ngozi Obiefule (Isu) and Hon.Victor Onyewuchi (Owerri West); are of the view that since the multi-national company has long delayed in the installation of takeoff facilities and equipment, even in the face of the industrialization policy by the governor, Okorocha anchored on attracting business investors in the state for even development, the company should quit, to pave way for others willing to invest, so as to suit the state’s economic needs.
However, the NBC led by Mallam Boko had earlier informed the Assembly that it has plans to complete the ground-breaking operations on the site before the end of 2016, after which it begins installations of mega facilities that would be actualized in the year, 2020.
Consequently, the Assembly led by Speaker Ihim, set up an 8-man committee to mandate the company to redirect its master plan, tender evidence of land allocation or risk revocation. The committee is chaired by Hon. Ike Amuka and seven others.

http://nigerianewspoint.com/?p=7149
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by abagoro(m): 3:41pm On Aug 25, 2015
http://www.channelstv.com/2015/08/25/imo-state-presents-industrialisation-plan-in-trade-investment-forum/

The Imo State government says it is set to begin
the construction of a multi-million Naira Industrial
Park to enhance industrialisation and economic
growth.

As contained in a plan presented at a Trade
Investment Forum on Monday, the park would be
located in Ohaji Egbema and Oguta oil producing
areas of the state in eastern Nigeria, with a target
to generate about five billion dollars yearly.
The three-day Imo Trade Investment Forum is
organised by the State government and is holding
at the Imo State Trade Investment Centre in Owerri,
the Imo State capital.

Declaring the Forum open, the Imo State Governor,
Rochas Okorocha, said that the State government
had already earmarked 20,000 hectares of land in
Ohaji Egbema for the easy take-off of the modern
industrial park that will open Imo state to the
world.

He reiterated his commitment to ensuring that
within the next four years, his mission and vision
remained industrialisation, wealth creation and
creation of job opportunities for teaming
unemployed youths in the state.
The newly completed Imo Trade Centre, the venue
for the Forum, came alive on Monday, with
business men and investors both foreign and local
all gathered to witness the first ever investment
forum.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 3:47pm On Aug 25, 2015
abagoro:
http://www.channelstv.com/2015/08/25/imo-state-presents-industrialisation-plan-in-trade-investment-forum/

The Imo State government says it is set to begin
the construction of a multi-million Naira Industrial
Park to enhance industrialisation and economic
growth.

As contained in a plan presented at a Trade
Investment Forum on Monday, the park would be
located in Ohaji Egbema and Oguta oil producing
areas of the state in eastern Nigeria, with a target
to generate about five billion dollars yearly.
The three-day Imo Trade Investment Forum is
organised by the State government and is holding
at the Imo State Trade Investment Centre in Owerri,
the Imo State capital.

Declaring the Forum open, the Imo State Governor,
Rochas Okorocha, said that the State government
had already earmarked 20,000 hectares of land in
Ohaji Egbema for the easy take-off of the modern
industrial park that will open Imo state to the
world.

He reiterated his commitment to ensuring that
within the next four years, his mission and vision
remained industrialisation, wealth creation and
creation of job opportunities for teaming
unemployed youths in the state.
The newly completed Imo Trade Centre, the venue
for the Forum, came alive on Monday, with
business men and investors both foreign and local
all gathered to witness the first ever investment
forum.
something is wrong with that quoted 5b dollars revenue annually expected...maybe they meant 5bn or 5m dollars
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by abagoro(m): 3:57pm On Aug 25, 2015
asha80:
something is wrong with that quoted 5b dollars revenue annually expected...maybe they meant 5bn or 5m dollars

I believe it is Naira.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 4:11pm On Aug 25, 2015
abagoro:

I believe it is Naira.
the issue is whether they are serious or just grandstanding..I remember the talks about nsu tiles and the rest

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (1034) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.