Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,631 members, 7,901,941 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 06:00 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (385) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2462599 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) ... (1035) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 12:44pm On Jun 29, 2017
More of the cars

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 04, 2017
Cargo section of Sam mbakwe airport

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 11:17am On Jul 04, 2017
Progress of work as at December 2016

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 11:23am On Jul 04, 2017
Cont

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jul 04, 2017

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jul 04, 2017
Cont

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by cjrane: 1:31pm On Jul 04, 2017

I thank Rochas for opening up new PLANNED areas in Owerri for development. The lack of planned cities in Igboland has really adversely affected development of prosperous cities in Igboland and made our people run to all sorts of evil regions of Nigeria to live as slaves.

One of the saddest things in recent Igbo history is that no new planned areas of the Igbo cities are ever opened by government since the 1970s. So the people out of want for space buy lands haphazardly and end up building slums which make it difficult to attract decent people into many Igbo cities EXCEPT Owerri & Enugu. I thank God that Rochas despite his flaws, had enough sense to open up new Owerri areas.

Rochas has begged Igbos to stop their mindless investment in all sorts of war zones. Yet, they won't listen. Rochas has expanded Owerri and made land for any type of investment available for Igbos that have any sense of investing in their homeland.

Igbos should have learnt from other groups that NEVER bought nor built anything tangible in the East. Yet, Igbos bury their life savings buying and building in other hostile places. I do not pity them because they should have learnt that something was wrong when other Nigerians mocked the southeast as erosion area and would not buy land there, while the southeasterners also joined them in abandoning the area.

Fashola begged the Igbos to please consider Igbo cities sometimes in siting their projects, every notable traditional ruler in Igboland has begged and begged and begged for Igbos to consider their own state capitals and major cities in Igboland for some of their projects if they don't want it in their villages. Even if it is just 10%-40% of their total worth brought to their own state. But our stubborn people who always know it more than anyone else have the monopoly of wisdom that nothing will happen and they continue investing heavily in those God forsaken hostile places. Today, they don't want to leave those places and want me to sympathize with them for their stupidity?

Do you want to tell me that DANGOTE could not buy land or property in Igboland? We challenge him to come out and say so.

Igbos that continue to blindly and thoughtlessly develop other hostile territories and abandon their homeland, only to turn around and cry for mercy when quit notices are issued should take responsibility for their own foolish actions. They'd better leave those places now for the sake of their lives.

" Mr. One Nigeria" Igbos.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by tysontim(m): 1:34pm On Jul 04, 2017
Who will use the Cargo airport? Unless railway is built to connect Aba with Owerri
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 2:16pm On Jul 04, 2017
tysontim:
Who will use the Cargo airport? Unless railway is built to connect Aba with Owerri

Aba, Owerri, Onitsha and Port Harcourt. This new Airport is almost completed and without noise of commissioning or flag off as obtained in other States. And yeah it was built with State funds by Okorocha.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by LasGidiOwner: 2:25pm On Jul 04, 2017
Remove Onitsha from your list. Onitsha can only use Asaba airport and Anambra International cargo airport as soon as it is completed. Onitsha has never used Owerre airport even before now, so why are they going to use it now? This is a pure case of a misplaced project because there is no economic activity in Imo state to support the wanton waste of funds even though it is more or less a regular market warehouse that am seeing in that picture. That money could have been used to pay off the several months of arrears of civil servants in the state instead of wasting funds on something that may never be completed or even be put to use.

Abagworo:

Aba, Owerri, Onitsha and Port Harcourt. This new Airport is almost completed and without noise of commissioning or flag off as obtained in other States. And yeah it was built with State funds by Okorocha.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Scholes007(m): 2:29pm On Jul 04, 2017
cjrane don't worry much we are on the right track, these will be sorted out with our(youths) help. I am very happy how our leaders, business men and other well to do listened to the invest home mantra. I know we may be running out of patience or even doubting some of our sucess but patience is a very important virtue especially now. I once told my uncle to look into investing in the east since he was a beginner in poultry business but he declined on the ground that there is no market. His friend who was there that day took his time and invested in ohaozara Ebonyi state. Well the man now has people he supplies poultry products in Abakaliki,Afikpo and even down to ugep. behold he is now permanently resident in Ohaozara and my uncle remained in his every year complain of bad business. All am saying is that we should explore opportunities in our door steps, onye ajuru anaghi aju onwe ya. We should also be patient as it is a virtue. Let us not talk down on our leaders but encourage them in what they are doing.

well I like that cargo terminal.

5 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:10pm On Jul 04, 2017
Foreign Defence Advisers and Attachés are presently in Imo State on a 4 day cultural interaction and retreat with the people. I will post pictures of the events.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:12pm On Jul 04, 2017
These photos are from their interactive section with students which took place at IICC.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:14pm On Jul 04, 2017
More from the event

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:20pm On Jul 04, 2017
These are photos from Imo traditional parliament. It is a magnificent royal gold themed cenotaph built by Okorocha which serves as a meeting point for royal fathers to deliberate on cultural challenges and issues concerning the traditional institution. The foreign visitors held an interactive section at this beautiful edifice right at Mbari cultural center Owerri.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:21pm On Jul 04, 2017
More from the event

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:25pm On Jul 04, 2017
More from the event. They are presently having good time at Bongo center Owerri as they get entertained listening to traditional "Bongo" music

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by tysontim(m): 9:29pm On Jul 04, 2017
Abagworo:
More from the event. They are presently having good time at Bongo center Owerri as they get entertained listening to traditional "Bongo" music

Any person that says Okorocha is not trying that person is stupid, how many states abd cities in Nigeria can boast of what Owerri has

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:48pm On Jul 04, 2017
www.informationng.com/2017/03/imo-spends-n7-billion-international-cargo-airport.html

Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha said in Owerri yesterday that government has spent N7 billion on the building of the International Cargo Airport in the state

Briefing journalists at his private home in Owerri, Okorocha said government undertook the construction of the cargo airport to enable the work to move on, adding that the state would thereafter demand a refund from the Federal Government.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by zuchyblink(m): 10:26pm On Jul 04, 2017
Okorocha is doing a great job in imo state. Our roads are now the widest East of the Niger

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:52am On Jul 05, 2017
The foreign defence attachés at Bongo center.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:56am On Jul 05, 2017
More from Bongo center.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Amah70: 11:42pm On Jul 05, 2017
Owerri, Owerri, Owerri, Owerri, Owerri and Owerri - that's all we hear about Imo state from its governor in the last four years.

Rochas Okorocha the candidate for governor in 2011 who spoke good English and we believed he attained minimum educational requirements to be a state governor, and we voted him from all parts of Imo state.

The rest of Imo state are about to be overgrown with weeds, no good roads, no drainage system...

In Anambra state, we daily see govt development projects in Awka, Onitsha, Nnewi and other rural areas. In Delta state, we daily see development strides in Asaba, Warri, Agbor, Ughelli, etc.
In Enugu state, its daily about development projects in Enugu, Nsukka, etc. Same in all the states surrounding Imo state.

Tufiakwa!!!! Imo state, except Owerri, has lost 7 years of development behind other states in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ROYALD(m): 5:49pm On Jul 07, 2017
OKOROCHA OPENS NEW "5TH INLAND" ROAD
There is no end in sight to the avowed commitment of His Excellency Rochas Okorocha "HERO" to make Imo better than he met it in 2011.

While 12lanes road expansion & construction works are ongoing at Amakohia, Akwakuma, Mcc,Okigwe,Bank Avenue,Mbari,Ihiagwa,Orlu-Akokwa, 4th inland roads@Old Nekede simultaneously,i am happy to announce to you another miracle of our time.I am talking about where there was no road since the creation of Imo state in 1976.

When next you approach Rapport Hotel junction from either sides of Orlu road,that will be your triumphant entry into the newly asphalted 5th Inland road linking Onitsha express way.

Recall, "HERO" had,in his first tenure constructed the 1st, 2nd, 3rd inland roads. These roads were non-existent in the history of Owerri capital city. This is even as many have come to embrace the "Urban Renewal Programe in recent time.

Enweghi Governor aghariri Rochas!
#Owellewunkeanyi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Malawian(m): 8:06pm On Jul 07, 2017
Truth be told, I dont know if Rochas is a charlatan or the real deal. Owerri will be a first class city if this continues, just that the rest of Imo suffers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Amah70: 1:41am On Jul 10, 2017
Malawian:
Truth be told, I dont know if Rochas is a charlatan or the real deal. Owerri will be a first class city if this continues, just that the rest of Imo suffers.

Owerri cannot be a first class city as rest of Imo state suffers. At best, Owerri shall become an overcrowded city with all sorts of crimes, social vices, urban ghettos.

Americans, Europeans, Asians, even Nigeria's federal government and other 35 state governors in Nigeria didn't face development of one city, but abandon their other cities - as it's in today's Imo state.

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Amah70: 1:50am On Jul 10, 2017
If one complains about Okorocha's strange way of Owerri only is Imo state, his aides shall show the photos of the three kilometer roads which Okorocha government asphalted in 2012 and divided into two with bricks in Orlu and Okigwe.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:18am On Jul 14, 2017
Akachi estate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:35pm On Jul 14, 2017
Our car on our wide, smooth roads and our hall of fame.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 16, 2017
3D rendering of okigwe, bank road expansion project

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 11:17am On Jul 16, 2017
sanctity454:
3D rendering of okigwe, bank road expansion project

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 11:24am On Jul 16, 2017
@Abagworo, how can I post multiple pictures in one swop, I can only post one, even when I choose different pictures.

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) ... (1035) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.