Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,867 members, 7,872,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 02:01 AM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (475) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2443244 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) ... (1030) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by horsepower101: 8:29pm On Jul 03, 2018
SoNature:

Let's face it: do you honestly blame them when are only are the only Nigerian tribe always clamouring for secession instead of restructuring?

It's only Igbos who have separatist groups while the rest of the tribes in Nigeria have militia that uses force to get what their people deserve. But the Igbos want out!

The last things an investor wants to experience are political instability and uncertainty.

Sincerely, I don't blame them because every move Nnamdi Kanu, Ben Onwuka or Ralph Uwazuruike makes has a far-reaching negative effect

What about all the previous years before IPOB or pro-biafran organizations came into existence. What stopped them from investing in Igboland? What was the excuse then?

Also a typical Yoruba or Hausa man will live in Uyo, calabar and portharcourt for decades but will never build on single house or factory. What is the excuse?

Igbos need to be wise. Blind investment all over Nigeria needs to stop.

For those Igbos who have invested heavily in the North and West, I have nothing personal against you. Its your money so you can do what you please with it. But start reinvesting part of your profit and wealth back home. Even if its building house in your village, its still much better than having none.

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Xander85: 8:46pm On Jul 03, 2018
SoNature:

Let's face it: do you honestly blame them when are only are the only Nigerian tribe always clamouring for secession instead of restructuring?

It's only Igbos who have separatist groups while the rest of the tribes in Nigeria have militia that uses force to get what their people deserve. But the Igbos want out!

The last things an investor wants to experience are political instability and uncertainty.

Sincerely, I don't blame them because every move Nnamdi Kanu, Ben Onwuka or Ralph Uwazuruike makes has a far-reaching negative effect

Horsepower is right!

If anyone says they don't wanna invest in the east because of separatist agitations, then they shouldn't be bothered coming to build warehouse! If you can't take the risk, then go someplace else to sell your cement!

You've not talked of addressing the issues that led to the agitations for self-determination in the first place. You're basically saying we should shut up and take all the shi't aimed at us if we want to get investments from the likes of Dangote! Apparently our priorities are much different from yours! It's all about material gain with you....the dignity and respect of a people should take the back burner!

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by horsepower101: 8:51pm On Jul 03, 2018
Xander85:

Horsepower is right!

If anyone says they don't wanna invest in the east because of separatist agitations, then they shouldn't be bothered coming to build warehouse! If you can't take the risk, then go someplace else to sell your cement!

You've not talked of addressing the issues that led to the agitations for self-determination in the first place. You're basically saying we should shut up and take all the shi't aimed at us if we want to get investments from the likes of Dangote! Apparently our priorities are much different from yours! It's all about material gain with you....the dignity and respect of a people should take the back burner!

You just rekindled my hope in humanity. Thank you Xander being a principled human being.

Some people just play ostrich when reality is staring them in the face.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SoNature(m): 9:19pm On Jul 03, 2018
Xander85:

Horsepower is right!

Speak for yourself.

Take it or leave it, a restructured Nigeria is better than a divided Nigeria. Every tribe is important in this entity - what we need is to fix the failings of the as-is system.

Nigeria is too connected to be divided now. Nobody will allow anyone secede - go and write it down. Our people must insist on restructuring not secession.

Besides people take their businesses where they have huge growth prospects. You cannot compare Lagos, Abuja or Port Harcourt to any state in the east because those cities grew and people took their businesses there. Again, there's money flowing in those cities, which offer growth prospects to businesses.

Igbos fought a civil war for years, and the cities were stifled of funds even after the war. As a consequence, Igbos left the region in their numbers in search of greener pasture. So, you shouldn't expect people to be taking their businesses in places where there's seemingly no money flowing (at least that's the impression we make when we leave the south east in our droves).

Speaking of agitation, trust me, I think the south south people are the most cheated. Give them peanuts, ruin their lands and waters. Yet those guys don't call for secession.

We must retrace our steps

Secession is hurting our region

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by horsepower101: 9:27pm On Jul 03, 2018
SoNature:

Speak for yourself.

Take it or leave it, a restructured Nigeria is better than a divided Nigeria. Every tribe is important in this entity - what we need is to fix the failings of the as-is system.

Nigeria is too connected to be divided now. Nobody will allow anyone secede - go and write it down. Our people must insist on restructuring not secession.

Besides people take their businesses where they have huge growth prospects. You cannot compare Lagos, Abuja or Port Harcourt to any state in the east because those cities grew and people took their businesses there. Again, there's money flowing in those cities, which offer growth prospects to businesses.

Igbos fought a civil war for years, and the cities were stifled of funds even after the war. As a consequence, Igbos left the region in their numbers in search of greener pasture. So, you shouldn't expect people to be taking their businesses in places where there's seemingly no money flowing (at least that's the impression we make when we leave the south east in our droves).

Speaking of agitation, trust me, I think the south south people are the most cheated. Give them peanuts, ruin their lands and waters. Yet those guys don't call for secession.

You still not getting the point or you just choose to ignore it.. Where was all the investment coming from other Nigerians into the East before secession movement started.

You cant just claim that it was the secession movement that started few years ago is the reason why Nigerians choose not the invest in the east. What was their excuse before the secession movements started??

Where are the northern owned factories in the East?

Where are the Yoruba owned factories in the East?

You can pin point so many Igbo owned factories in the north and west...

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by stanluiz(m): 9:30pm On Jul 03, 2018
SoNature:

Speak for yourself.

Thank you very much for your comment.

A reconstructed Nigeria is better than secession.That is why I don't like or support Biafra agitation it will takes igbos backward again like it happen between 1967 to 1970. And secession means war in Africa and I don't want my people to experience war again.

In nutshell, a reconstructed Nigeria should be our agitation not Biafra.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by horsepower101: 9:31pm On Jul 03, 2018
Even in Non Igbo areas like bayelsa, Uyo, Calabar, Warri? Where are the Northern and Yoruba factories?

The problem I have is that the groups that preach one Nigeria the most NEVER back it up with their ACTIONS

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SoNature(m): 9:35pm On Jul 03, 2018
horsepower101:

You still not getting the point or you just choose to ignore it.. Where was all the investment coming from other Nigerians into the East before secession movement started.

You cant just claim that it was the secession movement that started few years ago is the reason why Nigerians choose not the invest in the east. What was their excuse before the secession movements started??

Where are the northern owned factories in the East?

Where are the Yoruba owned factories in the East?

You can pin point so many Igbo owned factories in the north and west...

@ the emboldened, that's a wrong assertion because I have not said that.

I can't tell u the history of industrial distribution of pre-independent Nigeria. But I've explained why Igbos took their businesses to other regions and why others don't bring their businesses to our region.

Perhaps you should read it again

Ndewo
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by horsepower101: 9:40pm On Jul 03, 2018
SoNature:

@ the emboldened, that's a wrong assertion because I've said that.

I can't tell u the history of industrial distribution of pre-independent Nigeria. But I've explained why Igbos took their businesses to other regions and why others don't bring their businesses to our region.

Ndewo

With all due respect, I disagree with your reasons. But its okay, let us all continue waiting for restructured Nigeria.

I don't know why people like to forget Aburi Accord and the most important lesson from that meeting. Anyway Goodluck to those waiting for restructuring.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by stanluiz(m): 9:41pm On Jul 03, 2018
SoNature:

@ the emboldened, that's a wrong assertion because I have not said that.

Ndewo
There are also multinational industries in the east especially In aba and Onitsha I hope you are aware ?

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by stanluiz(m): 9:44pm On Jul 03, 2018
horsepower101:

With all due respect, I disagree with your reasons. But its okay, let us all continue waiting for restructured Nigeria.

I don't know why people like to forget Aburi Accord and the most important lesson from that meeting. Anyway Goodluck to those waiting for restructuring.
Horsepower101 are you saying that reconstructing won't work that Biafra is only the answer ?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by horsepower101: 9:51pm On Jul 03, 2018
stanluiz:
Horsepower101 are you saying that reconstructing won't work that Biafra is only the answer ?

I am a realist. I will always settle for restructuring IF that was a legitimate option on the table.

This is because to the average Nigerian, the existence of Biafra means the death of Nigeria and to be brutally honest, a lot of groups cannot stand on their own without Nigeria shielding them. This means that they will close their eyes and commit whatever necessary evil it takes to keep Igbos in Nigeria.

With that said, you can never Get restructuring without the threat of BIAFRA.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SoNature(m): 10:11pm On Jul 03, 2018
stanluiz:
There are also multinational industries in the east especially In aba and Onitsha I hope you are aware ?

Well, that's by the way

My point is that people have the rights to take their businesses where they like.

For crying out loud, businesses are profit-oriented ventures.
Igbos don't take their companies to Lagos because they want to please the Yoruba people or to prove that they are detribalized Nigerians.

They do because they want to make money. Despite crazy taxes that don't apply in other states, they still insist on Lagos.

That said, I think the most lachrymose comments I've heard from ordinary Igbos is that Igbos don't need the government to succeed

I feel like crying each time our people make that comment because it's not just senseless, but we are also attracting avoidable enmity to ourselves with that comment. We must pick our battles wisely
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by horsepower101: 10:27pm On Jul 03, 2018
SoNature:

Well, that's by the way

My point is that people have the rights to take their businesses where they like.

For crying out loud, businesses are profit-oriented ventures.
Igbos don't take their companies to Lagos because they want to please the Yoruba people or to prove that they are detribalized Nigerians.

They do because they want to make money. Despite crazy taxes that don't apply in other states, they still insist on Lagos.

That said, I think the most lachrymose comments I've heard from ordinary Igbos is that Igbos don't need the government to succeed

I feel like crying each time our people make that comment because it's not just senseless, but we are also attracting avoidable enmity to ourselves with that comment. We must pick our battles wisely

I totally agree with you that business is not charity and everyone should invest where they like. I am not against that. I was just basically advising Igbos not to put their eggs in one basket. Leave some at home just in case.

Igbos definitely need government and they know it. But the way Igbos need the Government is different from how other Nigerians need the government.

Igbos are not looking for handouts, they just want good policies and supporting infrastructure from government. That's all and they will do the rest for themselves.

Nigerians and Nigerian Government hate a level playing field. They have this constant fear that they cannot compete with Igbos If the playing field is leveled.

That's why the likes of Dangote exists while Ibeto was almost destroyed.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SoNature(m): 10:37pm On Jul 03, 2018
horsepower101:

I totally agree with you that business is not charity and everyone should invest where they like. I am not against that. I was just basically advising Igbos not to put their eggs in one basket. Leave some at home just in case.

Igbos definitely need government and they know it. But the way Igbos need the Government is different from how other Nigerians need the government.

Igbos are not looking for handouts, they just want good policies and supporting infrastructure from government. That's all and they will do the rest for themselves.

Nigerians and Nigerian Government hate a level playing field. They have this constant fear that they cannot compete with Igbos If the playing field is leveled.

That's why the likes of Dangote exists while Ibeto was almost destroyed.

Nwanne, if we can stimulate the informal sector and grow it, you will notice that we don't need anyone to invest in our region.

Igbos have the highest number of small scale businesses in Nigeria, and our people who are supposed to be patronising the SSB in the east are migrating to other regions.

If we can fix our infrastructure and set up intervention funds to support our informal sector, it will help us. We must devise a means of keeping Igbos in Igboland. High population creates markets and help businesses to grow

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:52pm On Jul 03, 2018
Xander85:

Horsepower is right!

Warehouse is an investment please. He bought the land for several millions and built the infrastructure with several millions. It is same with an Igbo buying 20 plots of land in Abuja and building a warehouse with about 50 to 100 million and then employing marketers and transporters for sales and distribution.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 11:03pm On Jul 03, 2018
If 200 people invest 100 million in buying land it equates to a total of 20 billion raw cash buried in the State and that's what Igbos do across Nigeria in our hundreds of thousands yearly.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by stanluiz(m): 11:53pm On Jul 03, 2018
Abagworo:
If 200 people invest 100 million in buying land it equates to a total of 20 billion raw cash buried in the State and that's what Igbos do across Nigeria in our hundreds of thousands yearly.
We don't need warehouse. Let him build an industry or he leaves the state. Simple!

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by mandax: 2:48am On Jul 04, 2018
horsepower101.

I love the lectures you give to those Igbos forlornly hoping and waiting for the day Nigeria shall be restructured politically in a democratic atmosphere.

Without the agitation for restoration of Biafra, who would still be talking about political restructuring of Nigeria these days?

Any way, most countries of the world are products of conquest, that is, one or two groups, or more coming together to conquer others and impose the value systems of the conquerors upon all in the country.
Nigeria is a typical example.

Nigeria's civil war was won for northern region of Nigeria.

Between 1967 and 1996, Northern Nigeria used its loyal soldiers who wrongly used land mass as yardstick to restructure Nigeria politically to the betterment of the north's political class.

Since the past 25 years, Eastern Nigerians, and to a lesser degree, the southwest region, have been asking for a democratic restructuring of the country and its political process, but the north has continued to use its undue parliamentary over-representation to spurn restructuring. OBJ and GEJ governments tried restructuring, no result.

In a nutshell, any Igbo still clamoring for restructuring of Nigeria is "ogbu oge," - time waster. And they are mainly these Igbos who built landed property or have businesses in other parts of Nigeria outside the east.

For those Igbos, it is what they gain in their lifetime, not what shall be the prospects of their offspring in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by cjrane: 3:03am On Jul 04, 2018
stanluiz:
Thank you very much for your comment.

A reconstructed Nigeria is better than secession.That is why I don't like or support Biafra agitation it will takes igbos backward again like it happen between 1967 to 1970. And secession means war in Africa and I don't want my people to experience war again.

In nutshell, a reconstructed Nigeria should be our agitation not Biafra.

Yes, i agree that a restructured Nigeria is better than disintegration of Nigeria.
It took Eritrea to leave Ethiopia before they changed their constitution and allowed restructuring so that autonomous regions could come together as a federating unit. Yes, it took a war wit Eritrea for that type of justice to prevail.

As mush as we hate war, THERE WILL BE ANOTHER WAR IN NIGERIA. Just mark my words. Yes, we will not ask for it, but it will be thrust upon us and we will find ourselves fighting just to stay alive. A time will come when your mother and sisters will be stripped in public and asked to denounce their faith or they are raped and murdered. You won't be told when the war is thrust upon you. You will know when you have no other option but fight the invader army massing at your border right now and asking for your land to graze his animals by force.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by mandax: 4:01am On Jul 04, 2018
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secession

The civilized world does not see peaceful secessionsts moves as crime.

Only some of the indolent tribes of Nigeria regard secession as a crime.

Ireland seceded from the UK in 1916.

Belgium seceded from the Netherlands in 1830.

Austria seceded from Germany in 1945.

Eritrea seceded from Ethiopia in 1993 with the blessing of the newly formed Ethiopian Parliament.

Finland seceded from the Soviet Union in 1917.

Etc. Etc. Etc.

It's a right for any group to secede from a country the group is inconvenienced, notwithstanding how long the country has existed, not withstanding the degree at which groups in the country had mixed up.

The World frowns upon violent secession.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:16am On Jul 04, 2018
mandax:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secession

The civilized world does not see peaceful secessionsts moves as crime.

Only some of the indolent tribes of Nigeria regard secession as a crime.

Ireland seceded from the UK in 1916.

Belgium seceded from the Netherlands in 1830.

Austria seceded from Germany in 1945.

Eritrea seceded from Ethiopia in 1993 with the blessing of the newly formed Ethiopian Parliament.

Finland seceded from the Soviet Union in 1917.

Etc. Etc. Etc.

It's a right for any group to secede from a country the group is inconvenienced, notwithstanding how long the country has existed, not withstanding the degree at which groups in the country had mixed up.

The World frowns upon violent secession.

Do Igbos really want to secede? The answer is a no no but rather those who lost in life or politics are using the secession mantra as a tool to regain relevance.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:21am On Jul 04, 2018
cjrane:

Yes, i agree that a restructured Nigeria is better than disintegration of Nigeria.
It took Eritrea to leave Ethiopia before they changed their constitution and allowed restructuring so that autonomous regions could come together as a federating unit. Yes, it took a war wit Eritrea for that type of justice to prevail.

As mush as we hate war, THERE WILL BE ANOTHER WAR IN NIGERIA. Just mark my words. Yes, we will not ask for it, but it will be thrust upon us and we will find ourselves fighting just to stay alive. A time will come when your mother and sisters will be stripped in public and asked to denounce their faith or they are raped and murdered. You won't be told when the war is thrust upon you. You will know when you have no other option but fight the invader army massing at your border right now and asking for your land to graze his animals by force.

There won't be war even though some politicians who lost out are doing all they can to create chaos and wars. They've tried Niger Delta avengers and it backfired forcing them to restrategize in form of IPOB but yet it failed again. Now they are trying to come in form of herdsmen and it's also about to fail like others.

Very soon those involved will be apprehended while their online followers continue with ranting. Nigeria is bigger than the political thieves of PDP.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SoNature(m): 10:17am On Jul 04, 2018
Abagworo:

There won't be war even though some politicians who lost out are doing all they can to create chaos and wars. They've tried Niger Delta avengers and it backfired forcing them to restrategize in form of IPOB but yet it failed again. Now they are trying to come in form of herdsmen and it's also about to fail like others.

Very soon those involved will be apprehended while their online followers continue with ranting. Nigeria is bigger than the political thieves of PDP.

Please stop making baseless and unfounded claims.

Talk more about development than politics

What our people need is development, not politics

Please upload more pictures - that's what keeps this thread going

Thank you

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 10:46am On Jul 04, 2018
so abagworo believes herdsmen men issue is pdp trying to get back at government?smh

6 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ChimaAdeoye: 3:30pm On Jul 04, 2018
cjrane:

These are words on marble.

As much as i pray against war in Nigeria, everyday i see there is truly no way of avoiding a second civil war the way thing are going in Nigeria. The only thing is that this time, a lot more Nigerians will decide to fight for semi-independence autonomy to rule themselves than outright breakup of Nigeria.

A war will come to Nigeria at some point, but it will have different set of combatants from the first civil war.

I pity those Igbos still going into the far north to invest their life's savings. They will lose everything and unlike in the past, not even their fellow Igbos will pity them this time.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by horsepower101: 3:36pm On Jul 04, 2018
ChimaAdeoye:

These are words on marble.

As much as i pray against war in Nigeria, everyday i see there is truly no way of avoiding a second civil war. The only thing is that this time, a lot more Nigerians will decide to fight for semi-independence autonomy to rule themselves than outright breakup of Nigeria.

A war will come to Nigeria at some point, but it will have different set of combatants from the first civil war.

I totally agree. A war is definitely coming in Nigeria whether we like it or not. In fact the war has started but it will get worse as the economy of the country continues to get worse while the population continues to grow. This country is very very unsustainable.

All the indices I am looking are markers of failed states.

That’s why my advise to igbos who has ears and brain is to transfer some of their assets to the east so they don’t loose everything.

Also expand your business to other African countries if possible.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Kokolet11: 4:43pm On Jul 04, 2018
Abagworo:

sometimes you talk like someone without sense.

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by mandax: 4:55pm On Jul 04, 2018
Abagworo:

Do Igbos really want to secede? The answer is a no no but rather those who lost in life or politics are using the secession mantra as a tool to regain relevance.

You are not an Igbo, you know it.

"Lost in life" What did you mean by that?

How did you know that Igbos do not want to secede from Nigeria?

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 8:20pm On Jul 04, 2018
Abagworo:
https://independent.ng/dangote-cement-opens-mega-warehouse-in-owerri/amp/

Independent Newspapers Nigeria

Dangote Cement Opens Mega Warehouse In Owerri
HomepageNewsNdigbo

Owerri – A mega Dangote Cement Warehouse built at the Onitsha Road Industrial Layout, Owerri, Imo State, has been officially opened by Governor Rochas Okorocha, with Alhaji Aliko Dangote, the president of Dangote Group, present.

Speaking on the occasion, Okorocha commended Dangote for his outstanding empowerment initiatives through employment and building of industries, adding that before now there was no presence of Dangote in Imo State.

He extolled Dangote as a bridge builder and a very humble man, who believes in Nigeria and in humanity without minding religious differences or where one comes from.

He added that Dangote deserves every honour in the country.

According to the governor, “The man Dangote is humble about his wealth. He does not show undue strength with his wealth.

“Dangote Cement has sold more cement in Imo State than it has done in any other part of the country because of the infrastructural revolution going on in the state. Imo State today is a new state.

“The wealth of Nigeria is in Imo untapped because of the presence of high quality gas in the state. And the gas plant in the state is yet to function. I appeal that Alhaji Dangote would partner with the state in this regard.”

In his speech earlier, Dangote said Imo State is one of the major markets of Dangote Cement and other products of the Dangote Group, stating that he was in the state for the opening of a mega Warehouse for Dangote Cement.

Dangote, who with his entourage had earlier paid a courtesy call on the governor at the Government House Owerri, commended Okorocha for the good work he is doing both in Imo State and in Nigeria in general, and for providing enabling environment for business and socio-economic activities to strive in the state.

A warehouse? To sell us more cement? You're parading this?
wow

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Sprumbabafather: 8:26pm On Jul 04, 2018
Ofodirinwa:

A warehouse? To sell us more cement? You're parading this?
wow

Abagworo always supports whatever that will hurt Igbos. He is a northerner.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) ... (1030) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.