Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,120 members, 7,887,246 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:54 AM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (637) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2453452 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (634) (635) (636) (637) (638) (639) (640) ... (1034) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by greenandy: 8:43am On Jul 03, 2020
Chibuzo15:
If I'm right @greenandy is @kikake , I want to ask a question. Why do you put so much importance in water supply, that you believe it's the reason Owerri is attracting lots of people.

I actually believe other things like electricity, jobs and good roads would attract people more

You and the too many people like you in Imo state make late Sam Mbakwe look stupid. Mbakwe quickly built four surface water supply projects in then Imo state.
You make northern Nigeria’s governors who provide treated pipe borne water for their citizens look stupid.
You make working governor Sam Umahi of Ebonyi state look stupid; Umahi has just completed an expensive surface water supply project in his state.
Too many Nd’Imo parade university degrees but ask government to build roads in state capital but forget treated pipe borne water supply. Nd’Imo, including PhD holders, get angry with government over pot holes in the state capital but return home to cook and even drink untreated water from water boreholes.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by greenandy: 8:56am On Jul 03, 2020
Any of Mbakwe’s surface water supply projects in Aba, Umuahia, Okigwe and Owerri not functioning today is because of inept governors after Mbakwe.
Go to America or to Europe or to Asia today, most of public water supply systems are models of that Mbakwe’s system. Some have lasted for ages. Maintenance is the key.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 03, 2020
IMSG is making efforts to put to use the cargo section of Sam mbakwe airport. According to Prince Unegbu SA on Aviation

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 03, 2020
More

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by OreMI22: 2:12pm On Jul 03, 2020
sanctity454:
IMSG is making efforts to put to use the cargo section of Sam mbakwe airport. According to Prince Unegbu SA on Aviation

Good thing that the cargo terminal building has been completed. Bu it will simply stay their and gather dust unless 2 critical things;
(1.) Approval for Cargo flights and (2.) Runway elongation by 300 meters) happen.

It shocks me that APC governors in Imo state starting from Rochas could not get the FG to approve the landing of international cargo flights at Owerri! I thought when Rochas moulded Buhari, that it was for Buhari to come and announce the approval of international flights to Owerri!
So what is the Federal advantage the Imo has enjoyed for being in the ruling APC party for almost 10 years?

Then Imo state government could elongate the 2.7KM runway by 300 meters to reach 3KM that will make even the largest cargo planes to land comfortably.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jul 03, 2020
OreMI22:

Good thing that the cargo terminal building has been completed. Bu it will simply stay their and gather dust unless 2 critical things;
(1.) Approval for Cargo flights and (2.) Runway elongation by 300 meters) happen.

It shocks me that APC governors in Imo state starting from Rochas could not get the FG to approve the landing of international cargo flights at Owerri! I thought when Rochas moulded Buhari, that it was for Buhari to come and announce the approval of international flights to Owerri!
So what is the Federal advantage the Imo has enjoyed for being in the ruling APC party for almost 10 years?

Then Imo state government could elongate the 2.7KM runway by 300 meters to reach 3KM that will make even the largest cargo planes to land comfortably.

In this airport case, Rochas has done his bit, let the current administration do the remaining little work left, he has built the cargo terminal with 9 cold room warehouses including apron.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 3:58pm On Jul 03, 2020
OreMI22:

APC national were fighting against Okorocha because of 2023 election so he was doing federal projects with State money to attract federal presence.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SmartPolician: 4:09pm On Jul 03, 2020
Abagworo:

APC national were fighting against Okorocha because of 2023 election so he was doing federal projects with State money to attract federal presence.

There's no justification for what Rochas did in Imo State.

Today, the state has lots of abandoned projects

That man just lacks administrative and planning know-how

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 5:01pm On Jul 03, 2020
Abagworo:

... and APC national was not made up of foolish people.

Who in his right mindset could justify the acts of a state governor using scarce funds of a state to build federal projects without prior agreement with federal government for reimbursement?

Who in his right mindset would not fight off a state governor who deliberately destroyed his state’s university teaching hospital as the teaching hospital lost accreditation; a governor who watched floods ravage a whole portion of his state in the same area the teaching hospital was located without urban drainage system, even scrapped and abandoned many roads in the same area.

Leaders in Orlu zone swore earlier that Okorocha’s son-in-law would not be allowed to succeed Okorocha as governor of Imo state. The rest is history.

Gulak and Oshiomwole did not come without reason to ensure that Okorocha was denied quasi 3rd term he sought through his son-in-law.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Chibuzo15: 6:12pm On Jul 03, 2020
greenandy:

You and the too many people like you in Imo state make late Sam Mbakwe look stupid. Mbakwe quickly built four surface water supply projects in then Imo state.
You make northern Nigeria’s governors who provide treated pipe borne water for their citizens look stupid.
You make working governor Sam Umahi of Ebonyi state look stupid; Umahi has just completed an expensive surface water supply project in his state.
Too many Nd’Imo parade university degrees but ask government to build roads in state capital but forget treated pipe borne water supply. Nd’Imo, including PhD holders, get angry with government over pot holes in the state capital but return home to cook and even drink untreated water from water boreholes.

I just gave you my opinion, or can you not reply without being to rash. You can't convince anyone with your method
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:17pm On Jul 03, 2020
kikake:

... and APC national was not made up of foolish people.

Who in his right mindset could justify the acts of a state governor using scarce funds of a state to build federal projects without prior agreement with federal government for reimbursement?

Who in his right mindset would not fight off a state governor who deliberately destroyed his state’s university teaching hospital as the teaching hospital lost accreditation; a governor who watched floods ravage a whole portion of his state in the same area the teaching hospital was located without urban drainage system, even scrapped and abandoned many roads in the same area.

Leaders in Orlu zone swore earlier that Okorocha’s son-in-law would not be allowed to succeed Okorocha as governor of Imo state. The rest is history.

Gulak and Oshiomwole did not come without reason to ensure that Okorocha was denied quasi 3rd term he sought through his son-in-law.

You don't know anything so I forgive your ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:20pm On Jul 03, 2020
Douglas road in Owerri being paved. I sincerely don't believe anything will work here except the traders are moved off the streets.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 9:41pm On Jul 03, 2020
Abagworo:

You don't know anything so I forgive your ignorance.

But I am not a fool at 40 like you whose only means of livelihood is live on the social media to lick the ass of politicians.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 9:51pm On Jul 03, 2020
Abagworo:
Douglas road in Owerri being paved. I sincerely don't believe anything will work here except the traders are moved off the streets.

To lessen the volume of street traders on Douglas road, your mentor who saw Owerri as only place to develop in Imo state should have created new layouts with urban facilities like running water, electricity and paved urban roads in the outskirts of Owerri.

Instead, he went to demolish inner city relics in Owerri town centre to build multi lane boulevards with roofs on roads.

You came here daily to advertise ignorance.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 9:55pm On Jul 03, 2020
seankafor:
guy, how do.you feel saying these things?

I'm telling you the truth of the whole thing as they are and you are asking me how do I feel saying it? Most of you here are paid propagandists who are bent on destroying Rochas and Imo image. You are either working for Peter Obi, Tinubu (who see Rochas as a strong obstacle to their presidential aspiration forgetting that life is controlled by destiny) or aggrieved imo politicians. Take this or leave it, Rochas is the destined one and nobody can stop him.

He tried for the ordinary Imo masses (most of his programmes are poor masses oriented) with a very little attention to Imo old political cabals, infact, he clipped their wings that was why they all teamed together to fight him including the present the governor. And this is why up to today they are doing their possible best to erase Rochas legacy. I hope you are not one of their paid agents.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 9:58pm On Jul 03, 2020
Dedetwo:

Yet some goons will navigate to this forum to emphasize the good job Okoroawusa performed in Imo State. Okoroawusa tenure as the governor of Imo State was the most wasteful of all governors. It was during the jackass's reign that Imo State academically fell out of first 4 in Nigeria. What a dunce. I had rather send him to his forbearer than praise the fool.
You are totally wrong if you say so. Are you from Imo state?

The academic reference you made is totally wrong too, the data were collected based on state of origin not state of residence. The performance of my children in sokoto will be collected as imo data. Please I need to know this, the girl that scored highest in jamb does she reside in Anambra state or is she an indigene of Anambra?

Let's try and appreciate good thing, the free education policy introduced by Rochas really helped many imolites, he did what a reasonable leader can do, he put more blocks in place and built more schools. He equally took time to inspect the schools' academic activities but still government schools are government schools everywhere, no matter how best you try there's always a nonchalant attitudinal display of teachers. Most students doing well in waec and jamb today in any part of this country are those trained in private schools.

The introduction of free education policy in Imo state made most parents in Imo state to pull their children and wards from private schools.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SmartPolician: 10:04pm On Jul 03, 2020
B2mario:

I'm telling you the truth of the whole thing as they are and you are asking me how do I feel saying it? Most of you here are paid propagandists who are bent on destroying Rochas and Imo image. You are either working for Peter Obi, Tinubu (who see Rochas as a strong obstacle to their presidential aspiration forgetting that life is controlled by destiny) or aggrieved imo politician. Take this or leave it, Rochas is the destined one and nobody can stop him.

He tried for the ordinary Imo masses (most of his programmes are poor masses oriented) with a very little attention to Imo old political cabals, infact, he clipped their wings that was why they all teamed together to fight him including the present the governor. And this is why up to today they are doing their possible best to erase Rochas legacy. I hope you are not one of their paid agents.

Preach from today till Thy Kingdom come, you cannot change the fact that Rochas' projects are the most inferior in the country.

I stopped taking you seriously when you said that COREN is politicised for cautioning Imolites not use elevated deathtraps Rochas built.

Admittedly, Rochas is a philanthropist but a very clueless leader and administrator. If that man had some sense, he would have done a great job in Imo State so that everyone will support his presidential ambition.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 10:43pm On Jul 03, 2020
SmartPolician:

Preach from today till Thy Kingdom come, you cannot change the fact that Rochas' projects are the most inferior in the country.

I stopped taking you seriously when you said that COREN is politicised for cautioning Imolites not use elevated deathtraps Rochas built.

Admittedly, Rochas is a philanthropist but a very clueless leaders and administrator. If that man had some sense, he would have done a great job in Imo State so that everyone will support his presidential ambition.

Guy, I'm not preaching to anyone. Also take this, criticize and blackmail from today till thy kingdom come you can not stop destiny and you can not cover the truth. Do you know me too well on nairaland. If you know me you should know that I don't really have that time. I've been keeping quiet and watched earnestly the way you people criticized Abagworo and made him to be the lair whereas you are the lairs.

I stand for truth and will always stand for it, I don't know Rochas and wish not to know him but the clear truth is that Rochas did what no governor in Imo state and Nigeria at large has done considering the little resources of imo state, he touched all the sectors of imo economy in tremendous manner, he opened up the major cities and towns of Imo state. Besides, Imo is not as rich as Kano, Akwa ibom, Rivers, Lagos, Oyo, Ogun, Delta, Bayelsa, kaduna, Ondo and even Edo.

Considering the Imo economic power and parity, Rochas still remain the best in my best opinion as an economist and based on the things I see on ground. The young is not a god he is a human.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 10:54pm On Jul 03, 2020
sanctity454:

Still the work of the said clueless leader. Out of political hatred and bitterness my people perished. Please when are they going to reopen the higher institutions Ihedioha closed? That's why my interest lies most.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 10:56pm On Jul 03, 2020
Abagworo:

reason no. 1
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 11:07pm On Jul 03, 2020
SmartPolician:

There's no justification for what Rochas did in Imo State.

Today, the state has lots of abandoned projects

That man just lacks administrative and planning know-how

Continue deceiving yourself, political tout. Rochas projects are there for all eyes to see. You can term them whatever you wish to term them but the clear truth is that he completed 90% of his projects.

It was your man, Ihedioha that closed all of them to make them seemed abandoned starting from the international cargo airport, the 10 new higher institutions, the federal high court complex, the police headquarters, the federal prison complex, the 27 general hospitals, the flyovers and tunnels and to few to mention.

Thanks God that present rational government has seen need to put some of these into use. Ihedioha is the man on Earth and God must ever punish him for destroying Imo state.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 11:44pm On Jul 03, 2020
B2mario:

Continue deceiving yourself, political tout. Rochas projects are there for all eyes to see. You can term them whatever you wish to term them but the clear truth is that he completed 90% of his projects.

It was your man, Ihedioha that closed all of them to make them seemed abandoned starting from the international cargo airport, the 10 new higher institutions, the federal high court complex, the police headquarters, the federal prison complex, the 27 general hospitals, the flyovers and tunnels and to few to mention.

Thanks God that present rational government has seen need to put some of these into use. Ihedioha is the man on Earth and God must ever punish him for destroying Imo state.

10 new higher institutions. As in,in our current Imo state, Rochas developed 10 NEW higher institutions.

Please, I'm unaware of this, enlighten me
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 12:29am On Jul 04, 2020
Lol. After 8 years as governor, about one month to leave office, Rochas pronounced many sites as university and polytechnic; unarguably to make Nd’Imo remove eyes from the multi billion Naira Eastern Palm University in his hometown built with IMSG funds while he was governor.

If Rochas had earlier converted Eastern Palm University to become campus of Imo state university, or a new state university, he would have been a Johnny-do-good for Imo state university which has had no real university structures more than 20 years after it was established on a very wrong site by former governor Evan Enwerem .

Enwerem met FUTO, AICE and Polytechnics Nekede all in Owerri, saw better developed university premises in Orlu, yet he established IMSU in Owerri.
Rochas wanted to build and own a private university while serving as state governor. E don happen, what is the condition of Eastern Palm University today?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 5:38am On Jul 04, 2020
kikake:
Lol. After 8 years as governor, about one month to leave office, Rochas pronounced many sites as university and polytechnic; unarguably to make Nd’Imo remove eyes from the multi billion Naira Eastern Palm University in his hometown built with IMSG funds while he was governor.

If Rochas had earlier converted Eastern Palm University to become campus of Imo state university, or a new state university, he would have been a Johnny-do-good for Imo state university which has had no real university structures more than 20 years after it was established on a very wrong site by former governor Evan Enwerem .

Enwerem met FUTO, AICE and Polytechnics Nekede all in Owerri, saw better developed university premises in Orlu, yet he established IMSU in Owerri.
Rochas wanted to build and own a private university while serving as state governor. E don happen, what is the condition of Eastern Palm University today?

Can you imagine the insincerity. He couldn't do it throughout 8years until it was about one month to the end of his tenure. If this isn't to create problem for the next governor, I wonder what is. Such selfishness and wickedness.

I've always wondered if Eastern Palm University is a private university or a public university. From your answer, now I know it is a public university.

I have never entered IMSU before, but I've heard news of them lacking structures and all. Rather than converting the Eastern Palm University into a new university, what stops the Imo state government from using it as a campus of IMSU, then open another campus in Okigwe.

That way, IMSU will reduce the pressure on its structures in Owerri while expanding its frontiers to other zones in the state. Also, other zones will feel the presence of government in the name of a university. The presence of these campuses in those zones will also bring about positive ripple effect to the communities around it.

Schools even in developed countries have campuses in various states, so it won't be a new thing. Those different campuses will run different courses and anyone applying will know where he/she will be based of given admission. iMSUTH can retain its presence in Orlu for medical students. O gu go

#Imo Must Be Better#

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 10:06am On Jul 04, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

Can you imagine the insincerity. He couldn't do it throughout 8years until it was about one month to the end of his tenure. If this isn't to create problem for the next governor, I wonder what is. Such selfishness and wickedness.

I've always wondered if Eastern Palm University is a private university or a public university. From your answer, now I know it is a public university.

I have never entered IMSU before, but I've heard news of them lacking structures and all. Rather than converting the Eastern Palm University into a new university, what stops the Imo state government from using it as a campus of IMSU, then open another campus in Okigwe.

That way, IMSU will reduce the pressure on its structures in Owerri while expanding its frontiers to other zones in the state. Also, other zones will feel the presence of government in the name of a university. The presence of these campuses in those zones will also bring about positive ripple effect to the communities around it.

Schools even in developed countries have campuses in various states, so it won't be a new thing. Those different campuses will run different courses and anyone applying will know where he/she will be based of given admission. iMSUTH can retain its presence in Orlu for medical students. O gu go

#Imo Must Be Better#

Online, I have read many learned people from Owerri write that IMSU still remains in Owerri because most of the politicians from Orlu zone lack vision, only politik for their private interests and immediate family.

Rochas program was to build and own a private university while serving as governor. Where has such a thing ever happened?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 1:18pm On Jul 04, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

10 new higher institutions. As in,in our current Imo state, Rochas developed 10 NEW higher institutions.

Please, I'm unaware of this, enlighten me

Ask questions, you will be told
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ekesol: 1:29pm On Jul 04, 2020
Bros u are fool for saying Rocha's was doing federal Projects.
Now I know you are a confirmed clown.
The bridge Rocha's built in IMO both at Orji and Amokohia is not passable.
Rocha's is the g
Highest crimiy and an illitrate bigot that ruled IMO state.
The assumed ojukwu Tunnel is being destroyed today by his brother having realised its a death trap.
You are lamenting today because your pay master Uche Nwosu and Rocha's no longer give u weekly handouts.
For supporting Evil may Amadioha and God of orlu visit you
Nonsence Anumpam

e author=Abagworo post=91339842]

APC national were fighting against Okorocha because of 2023 election so he was doing federal projects with State money to attract federal presence. [/quote]
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ekesol: 1:37pm On Jul 04, 2020
Another clueless man that talks without statistics. Is Eboying Richer than IMO? Is cross river richer than IMO? You all paid propagandarist of Okorocha and Orlu zurume , I pity u all just face your chemist business and leave IMO alone.

We ate watching

uote author=B2mario post=91352469]

Guy, I'm not preaching to anyone. Also take this, criticize and blackmail from today till thy kingdom come you can not stop destiny and you can not cover the truth. Do you know me too well on nairaland. If you know me you should know that I don't really have that time. I've been keeping quiet and watched earnestly the way you people criticized Abagworo and made him to be the lair whereas you are the lairs.

I stand for truth and will always stand for it, I don't know Rochas and wish not to know him but the clear truth is that Rochas did what no governor in Imo state and Nigeria at large has done considering the little resources of imo state, he touched all the sectors of imo economy in tremendous manner, he opened up the major cities and towns of Imo state. Besides, Imo is not as rich as Kano, Akwa ibom, Rivers, Lagos, Oyo, Ogun, Delta, Bayelsa, kaduna, Ondo and even Edo.

Considering the Imo economic power and parity, Rochas still remain the best in my best opinion as an economist and based on the things I see on ground. The young is not a god he is a human.[/quote]
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by seankafor(m): 4:07pm On Jul 04, 2020
Fearless123:
Beautiful Owerri City and Sam Mbakwe International Cargo Airport

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2_6OQR28Os
guy Owerri is a mess when it rains..

I rode through ihiagwa nekede Naze, down to wethral and to urata where I visited my aunt at holy family motherless baby home.. the roads are a mess.

While coming back, I followed control obinze road.. guy imo state road is a slum no cap.

All these while of dry season what were they doing?

I even saw the demolished ojukwu tunnel.. many abandoned projects..

The only smooth ride I had was obinze porthacourt road which I know is a federal road..

Try ride around Owerri when it's raining..you I'll confirm these things

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (634) (635) (636) (637) (638) (639) (640) ... (1034) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.