Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,121 members, 7,900,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 01:44 AM

Filmmaker Gugu E. Michaels : An Embodiment Of Success & Creativity! - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Filmmaker Gugu E. Michaels : An Embodiment Of Success & Creativity! (972 Views)

Writer-filmmaker Nora Ephron Dies At 71 / World Première Of Gugu E. Michaels' Unge’s War At Ekoiff / Be An Embodiment Of The Person You’d Like To Be By Mark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Filmmaker Gugu E. Michaels : An Embodiment Of Success & Creativity! by Agstar(f): 5:56pm On Sep 22, 2012
Filmmakers in the Diaspora, with certitude have taken the movie industry by storm (especially back home) with their quality productions. They have continued to raise the movie bar, making the country proud. GuGu E. Michaels has incontrovertibly carved a niche for himself in the art of make believe, while his contemporaries continue to battle against the “charlatan waves” that drags them repeatedly into the murky waters of shamy productions.

He has done well for himself. He is a respected, accomplished, ingenuity laden filmmaker whose brilliant works speak for him, ranging from his directing dexterity in the production of outstanding commercials and independent projects including feature films such as “Thugz”, “Dangerous County”, Urban Killaz”, “Repentance”, “Best Served Cold”, “Pastor’s Wife”, Dangerous Men”, “Unge’s War” and “Jacob’s Eye”. He has been involved in campaigns for retailers like Cadillac, Porche and his career span, documents his serving as President of Dallas based Indie record label Redrumm Recordz and working with hip hop giants UGK, LUDACRIS, STEVE AUSTIN amongst others…Whao!

He is the founder of Gu International Pictures, a company known for delivering top notch productions without compromise. GuGu E. Michaels has been making North American movies since 1997 and in 2009 he decided to venture into African cinema where in less than five years, he’s already been referred to as “The One unveiling the new era in African cinema”.

His latest movie Jacob’s Eye (coming soon) will indeed turbo charge African cinema with its unique, supernatural action based genre, embedded in suspense, twisty scenes that stimulates your intellect... read more on http://9aijabooksandmovies./2012/09/22/nigerian-filmmaker-gugu-e-michaels-an-embodiment-of-success-creativity/

Re: Filmmaker Gugu E. Michaels : An Embodiment Of Success & Creativity! by semid4lyfe(m): 11:14pm On Sep 22, 2012
Oh, I remember. . .he's the director of that very wack film Dangerous Men grin
Re: Filmmaker Gugu E. Michaels : An Embodiment Of Success & Creativity! by magnumeli: 10:52pm On Sep 26, 2012
I hate it when people just hate for no reason. I beg stop!! I watch this movie at silverbird last year and so far it's the best action movie to ever come out of Nigeria!!! This man should be supported and celebrated. Who ever that made the comment that this movie is wak must be really blind and does not know what quality movie is. So sad as Nigerians we love to tear each other down instead of up lift one another. Bravo Michaels may God bless you for even trying to make a difference in Nollywood. Bravo!
Re: Filmmaker Gugu E. Michaels : An Embodiment Of Success & Creativity! by VillageBoi(m): 6:40am On Sep 27, 2012
magnumeli: I hate it when people just hate for no reason. I beg stop!! I watch this movie at silverbird last year and so far it's the best action movie to ever come out of Nigeria!!! This man should be supported and celebrated. Who ever that made the comment that this movie is wak must be really blind and does not know what quality movie is. So sad as Nigerians we love to tear each other down instead of up lift one another. Bravo Michaels may God bless you for even trying to make a difference in Nollywood. Bravo!

Magnumeli, it is possible Semid meant 'wack' as good; just like when we say something was 'Baaaad a$$' - it doesn't meant it was bad but... good. I have not seen the film yet but loved the trailer when it came out a while ago. And it is the most realistic looking Nigerian action film I've ever heard of. So YES - a mega well done to Gugu Michaels and the whole team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FE-tCN7w-0
Re: Filmmaker Gugu E. Michaels : An Embodiment Of Success & Creativity! by Raymagnate(m): 12:54pm On Sep 27, 2012
Nice one Gugu Michael. Keep the light burning, u're doing a great work.

(1) (Reply)

its a rap / #BBA- Bassey And Pokelo Evicted From Big Brother / Top 20 Highest-grossing Hollywood Films Of 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.