Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,923 members, 7,909,443 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 04:23 AM

Is God A Trinity? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is God A Trinity? (2977 Views)

1000 NAMES, TITLES, AND ATTRIBUTES OF GOD (A-Z)WITH BIBLE VERSES / Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Is God A Trinity? by Image123(m): 6:51pm On Sep 27, 2012
@plap
Bros Image, one article ke? I do read alot of them, from different authors, not just one.
I embrace articles with biblical references only. Is it wrong to?
one article too many, we are saying the same thing. Overfeeding can cause constipation, especially junk food. wink

Bros you don start oooo, where over did you see the trinity in the scripture?
Here
-Jesus Christ has in Him the fullness of the Godhead.
Colo 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.
-Jesus said He was greater than all and equal with the Father.
Joh 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
Joh 10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
Joh 10:30 I and my Father are one.
Joh 10:33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
Joh 5:18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

-All power, all glory, all knowledge, and all wisdom belong to Jesus.
John 17:10 And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.

-The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God, either the Father or the Son. Because the Son is God, it is said;

Gal 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

-the holy Spirit is equal to Jesus. Jesus is Comforter, and the Holy Spirit is another comforter, like Jesus. He is a person.Jesus said God is a Spirit.

Joh 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever;

-The Spirit of God that dwelt in the old testament saints was actually the Spirit of God the Son

1Pe 1:11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

-The icing of the cake is here as paul declares the Holy Spirit to be the Lord.

2Co 3:17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

-The Godhead act in such seamless harmony that you can easily substitute one's action for the other and be saying the same thing, just like jesus demonstrated severally here. Is it Jesus speaking, or the Holy Spirit, or the Father? The answer is that it is God speaking.

Rev 2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

-When God was 'tempted' in the wilderness all those 40years, it was God that was been 'tempted' i.e not just the tetramaggon known the Father, but also Jesus, and the Holy Ghost.
1Co 10:9 Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.

Heb 3:7 Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, Today if ye will hear his voice,
Heb 3:8 Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
Heb 3:9 When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.
Heb 3:10 Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do always err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.
Heb 3:11 So I swore in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)

-This below sounds so much like God the Son, need i say more?

Isa 44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

-Jesus Christ built all things. He made everything, and without Him was not anything made that was made. Well, imagine the tag attached to Him below.

Heb 3:3 For this man was counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as[b] he who hath builded the house[/b] hath more honor than the house.
Heb 3:4 For every house is builded by some man; but he that built all things is God.

I did not ignore those verses you presented, i didn't see where they talk about the trinity so how do you expect me to hold on to them?
The teaching on the doctrine of the trinity is that there is One God in Three Persons. Jesus is God, the Holy Spirit is God, and the Father is God. These three are proclaimed as God all over the Bible.

Isa 44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Gen 21:33 And Abraham planted a grove in Beer-sheba, and called there on the name of the LORD, the everlasting God.

1Co 10:9 Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.
Tell me plap, who was tempted in the wilderness, the Father, Jesus, or the Holy Spirit, or God?

So you finally agreed with these verses refuting your trinitarian belief?
All the verses said that Jesus is the Son of God, that is a fact not under dispute. Commonsense should tell you that the Trinitarians call Him 'the Son'. Every normal person knows that Jesus is the Son of God.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pentecostal Corruption: Prosperity Gospel Is A Scam / Is It Possible To Sell Your Soul To The Devil? / "What Is Abraham’s Bosom?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.