Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,410 members, 7,901,132 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 12:45 AM

Sisters Of Death- HIV Drugs Served With Dinner - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Sisters Of Death- HIV Drugs Served With Dinner (18175 Views)

These Men Packaged Drugs As Condoms (photos) / Man Drugs And Kills Girlfriend’s Brother Over N750,000 (Graphic Photo) / Kashamu Buruji Served Notice Of Extradiction As NDLEA Gets House Commendation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sisters Of Death- HIV Drugs Served With Dinner by Nobody: 1:38am On Sep 23, 2012
Very eye opening segment on how far some people must go to survive. embarassed
They are the people for whom free anti retroviral treatment was designed; HIV+ women do not have the money to access the medicine they need. Yet for a group of HIV+ women in various informal settlements in Nairobi, the ARVs they receive do not profit their health, but they do profit from them. Many unsuspecting Kenyans may be settling down to a drink that they've made, using the very same drugs that could save their lives. Here now is NTV's Jane Ngoiri with a brand new NTV Investigates documentary, on women driven by poverty into a game of chance with their own lives, those of many others. These are the Sisters of Death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeiie4nusqA
Re: Sisters Of Death- HIV Drugs Served With Dinner by Callotti: 9:01am On Sep 23, 2012
Interesting. . .

Balancing well on my bed.
I must watch this to the very end!
Poverty is hell!!! cry
Re: Sisters Of Death- HIV Drugs Served With Dinner by Nobody: 8:34pm On Sep 28, 2012
Re: Sisters Of Death- HIV Drugs Served With Dinner by justwise(m): 7:16am On Oct 02, 2012
Shock horror!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Sisters Of Death- HIV Drugs Served With Dinner by Nobody: 2:55pm On Oct 02, 2012
I feel pity for the women who have no income, but at the same time there must be a better way to survive. cry
Re: Sisters Of Death- HIV Drugs Served With Dinner by justwise(m): 5:33pm On Oct 02, 2012
They keep saying that its better than going into prostitution or killing somebody but they are deliberately poisoning people.
Re: Sisters Of Death- HIV Drugs Served With Dinner by pendo89(f): 11:24am On Oct 03, 2012
Madness.This is what poverty and Aids does.
It wasnt about dinner though but cheap liquor and the concotion
Re: Sisters Of Death- HIV Drugs Served With Dinner by plendil: 12:32pm On Oct 03, 2012
[size=37pt]WWHHAT DA PHWORK[/size] shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Sisters Of Death- HIV Drugs Served With Dinner by naijacutee(f): 10:21pm On Oct 04, 2012
This is why I don't believe in aid. Help people to stand on their feet, and help themselves without your help.
Re: Sisters Of Death- HIV Drugs Served With Dinner by mrkels(m): 10:24pm On Oct 04, 2012
O my! See what boys are drinking .Lawd Haf merci lipsrsealed
Re: Sisters Of Death- HIV Drugs Served With Dinner by Kslib(m): 10:27pm On Oct 04, 2012
Na wa oh!!!! Poverty,wherever you are,it shall not be well with you.....
Re: Sisters Of Death- HIV Drugs Served With Dinner by Nobody: 10:34pm On Oct 04, 2012
Vomits on thread *dies*
Re: Sisters Of Death- HIV Drugs Served With Dinner by DonaldGenes(m): 10:57pm On Oct 04, 2012
FlowerPower: I feel pity for the women who have no income, but at the same time there must be a better way to survive. cry
still can't watch it,dunno why?
Re: Sisters Of Death- HIV Drugs Served With Dinner by HighChief4(m): 11:06pm On Oct 04, 2012
Na wa ooh. A prostituteeee was once asked to choose between poverty and HIV, she choose HIV and when asked why she replied that poverty would kill her faster than HIV. Lawwwda merci

1 Like

Re: Sisters Of Death- HIV Drugs Served With Dinner by frainc(m): 11:29pm On Oct 04, 2012
High_Chief: Na wa ooh. A prostituteeee was once asked to choose between poverty and HIV, she choose HIV and when asked why she replied that poverty would kill her faster than HIV. Lawwwda merci
poverty is a sin
Re: Sisters Of Death- HIV Drugs Served With Dinner by Nobody: 12:07am On Oct 05, 2012
f rain c: poverty is a sin
Re: Sisters Of Death- HIV Drugs Served With Dinner by Kslib(m): 12:15am On Oct 05, 2012
Omo see name:
SISTERS OF DEATH
I hope naija nEVA already get BROTHERS OF DESTRUCTION
Re: Sisters Of Death- HIV Drugs Served With Dinner by peruso: 12:15am On Oct 05, 2012
NA WA!!!!

1 Like

Re: Sisters Of Death- HIV Drugs Served With Dinner by Ryabcool(m): 12:15am On Oct 05, 2012
Just watched it. All I can say is; HOLY SHIIIT! shocked

1 Like

Re: Sisters Of Death- HIV Drugs Served With Dinner by Nobody: 12:21am On Oct 05, 2012
na wa o, poverty eats the soul cry

1 Like

Re: Sisters Of Death- HIV Drugs Served With Dinner by alphaconde(m): 12:22am On Oct 05, 2012
Plz can someone explain what the documentary is all about myself and some others are unable to view this video.
Re: Sisters Of Death- HIV Drugs Served With Dinner by Nobody: 12:34am On Oct 05, 2012
The video is about women who have HIV and live in poverty. They sell their antiretroviral drugs to other women who mix them with harmful substances to produce alcohol. The alcohol they make is packaged in old bottles that have been discarded as garbage. However, the women are able to purchase labels and seals from manufacturers to make the alcohol appear to be the original product. The 'deadly brew' is then sold to individuals or stores to resell to the population.

1 Like

Re: Sisters Of Death- HIV Drugs Served With Dinner by coogar: 12:36am On Oct 05, 2012
alpha conde: Plz can someone explain what the documentary is all about myself and some others are unable to view this video.

women selling the arv drugs prescribed to them to reduce the viral load in their bodies
they discovered these arv drugs make people tipsy so they grind it n add to the local gin
these women felt this way of living is better than pröstitution
these women don't care about the side effects the men taking the alcohol might cop
the most annoying thing is they only make 1000 Kenyan shillings(only £7) profit!
these women are exchanging the lives of their men for £7
i foresee another discovery of an incurable disease in kenya in the next 3 yrs!

this clip is depressing!! poverty is a curse!!

1 Like

Re: Sisters Of Death- HIV Drugs Served With Dinner by Nobody: 12:43am On Oct 05, 2012
These women have managed to reduce the life of 50 Kenyan souls to a meagre 7 pounds.
Poverty is indeed a disease and ignorance should be the bane of every society. Because these women obviously would never have drunk their concoctions if they knew the poisonous effects of formaldehyde.
Re: Sisters Of Death- HIV Drugs Served With Dinner by Nobody: 12:49am On Oct 05, 2012
FlowerPower: The video is about women who have HIV and live in poverty. They sell their antiretroviral drugs to other women who mix them with harmful substances to produce alcohol. The alcohol they make is packaged in old bottles that have been discarded as garbage. However, the women are able to purchase labels and seals from manufacturers to make the alcohol appear to be the original product. The 'deadly brew' is then sold to individuals or stores to resell to the population.

is this what people are swearing about?
Re: Sisters Of Death- HIV Drugs Served With Dinner by peruso: 12:49am On Oct 05, 2012
POVERTY NA WA!!!!!!
Re: Sisters Of Death- HIV Drugs Served With Dinner by puskin: 2:25am On Oct 05, 2012
Jesus wept. cry
Re: Sisters Of Death- HIV Drugs Served With Dinner by InvertedHammer: 2:40am On Oct 05, 2012
Alomo Bitters anyone?

1 Like

Re: Sisters Of Death- HIV Drugs Served With Dinner by Wallie(m): 3:54am On Oct 05, 2012
I'm pretty sure the paraga and all the local alcoholic drinks are not far from the concoction these people are making especially the addition of formalin. And people wonder why middle age people drop dead like flies!
Re: Sisters Of Death- HIV Drugs Served With Dinner by naijathings(m): 4:25am On Oct 05, 2012
i googled "other uses for HIV drugs" and that is how i got redirected to this killer page. eew. now we have to check all the secret formulas of coke and guiness.
Re: Sisters Of Death- HIV Drugs Served With Dinner by Nobody: 4:30am On Oct 05, 2012
For clarity sake:

Sneak peek:Sisters of Death.Anti retroviral drugs were a revelation for patients suffering the effects of HIV, and by and large, these drugs have been credited with the return to health of hundreds of thousands of HIV+ people across the country, an across the social divide. But did you know that these same ARV's are now becoming a source of income for the poorest of sufferers from HIV, in a most sinister manner. Tonight, NTV investigates returns, with a ground breaking documentary on the women of the informal settlements of Nairobi, many of whom are HIV+, who risk their lives by not taking their drugs, but instead mix these drugs with various alcoholic concoctions, and sell these drinks to unsuspecting Kenyans. Here's an excerpt of that documentary, sisters of death, with NTV's Jane Ngoiri.

http://www.diasporamessenger.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=2488:shocking-ntv-videoanti-retroviral-drugs-used-in-making-alcoholic-drinks&Itemid=108&lang=en
Re: Sisters Of Death- HIV Drugs Served With Dinner by mkmyers45(m): 5:07am On Oct 05, 2012
WTF? Na Wetin boys they shark be dis? angry angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Robbers Snatch N9m LG Workers’ April Salary In Kebbi / Gunmen Attack Federal Prisons In Port-Harcourt; Two Killed In Rivers Judiciary / ICPC Seizes 61 Houses From Female Civil Servant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.