Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,286 members, 7,928,932 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 05:20 AM

Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. (21400 Views)

Ex-IGP, Mike Okiro Vs Saharareporters, Omoyele Sowore / 500 Police College Recruits Expelled For Theft, Forgery / Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by Remzolution: 7:06pm On Sep 23, 2012
War against corruption like i had asserted, should be top-bottom. I like that phrase "who said nigeria won't get better?". Ofcourse news of high-profile remanding of this sort is what should be trending nation wide till the system is sanitized. Our judicial sector should also be sifted and made trustworthy, it should be a place where the ordinary man can have justice, a place where equity and objectivity abound, a place for corrections etc! ICPC and EFCC should work together in handy so as to repaint our already mangled image...
Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by taharqa: 7:06pm On Sep 23, 2012
Can smone plz intimate me on d reason why the new Chief Justice of d Nation(CJN) has not named special judges for corruption, which she promisd almost 3 months ago and which almost every segment of the nation have asked for? This would have very simply ensured that a well prosecuted corruption case wud end within at least an 8- 12 month period in stead of staying in d court system like forever, thereby providing predictability in the so called 'war against corruption'. This and perhaps a complete reappraisal of the Contract procurement system, are the most important things that wud help to drastically reduce corruption in 9ja; and wud go a long way to complement d relative transparency in govt nowadays....i know dat GEJ urged d CJN to name these special judges on d day of her inauguration, still he shld do his best to 'remind' her to do so asap if he wants the nation to tk his pledge to fight corruption more seriously; so shld d NBA, Civil societies, the media and in fact All of us. We like her but she shld do her job jare
Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by emron1(m): 7:06pm On Sep 23, 2012
never expected less
Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by Agbesky: 7:07pm On Sep 23, 2012
This must be a personal beef btw Jonah and ehindero
Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by ndukwejoe(m): 7:15pm On Sep 23, 2012
What is happening to ehindero ? Has he fallen out of favour with some big boys, he is a scapegoat .
Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by basisop(m): 7:25pm On Sep 23, 2012
emmykk: a female police officer by name mabel of the mile 1 police station port harcourt rivers state with phone number 08037809873 that i met on the 2GO chatting software stole two of my laptops mainly because we later were in intimate r/ship,it was then i know that the rank and file of the police is a can full of worms.she took the 1st laptop mysterously that i cannot pinpoint it then and did not want to accuse her without evidence,until when i caught her with the 2nd 1 allthough she has already succeeded it taking-we have since part ways .always check ur lady bag when they are leaving.and dont date police laadies o

Oshoo free master! You didn't settle her so she settled herself. You get luck na your television she for put for her handbag.
Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 23, 2012
For this petty amount? Why some have stolen billions dollars, not naira.
Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by mrrock: 7:30pm On Sep 23, 2012
Nigeria is a decayed country.

1. The less money you steal the more likely you would get a jail sentence.

2. The more money you steal the more likely you would be set free.

How about Farouk Lawan?.

2 Likes

Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by tai2(m): 7:36pm On Sep 23, 2012
Agbesky: This must be a personal beef btw Jonah and ehindero

Abi o.....this is so suspicious
Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by Witi(m): 7:46pm On Sep 23, 2012
How does/do/did this/these/thiz affect the price/prize of BEANS!!!
Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by Simplepton: 7:50pm On Sep 23, 2012
question: Who cares?
I do.
Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by zeefa: 7:51pm On Sep 23, 2012
Story story, STORY..imagine, is he d first on d track 4 doing that! Wonder shall never end in naija. I guess he isn't among the cabals! Am sure if he is.. Wow, dis would have bn swept unda d carpet! Imagine! 16M! O ga o! Moreover, I dnt kw how those ppl managing police think! They ain't organize at all, luk @ police barracks around the country, jst like d likes of Ajegunle! No maintenance, no propare monitoring of police patrol vehicle! Everytin na jagajaga! What else do u expect of them! I ont think any1 of them cld beat his or her chest that they have never for one reason involve into one corruption or the other! Let us call a spade a spade! And clear d road! All of them are corrupt! May God help this country sha! E go better!
Dnt be surpiz to hear soon dat he is out of jail! Naija 4 live!
Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by Simplepton: 7:53pm On Sep 23, 2012
ibsmooth: A thousand kilometers starts with a step.Good development and this is hoping justice will be meted on him if found guilty @ d end of the day.pls ICPC and EFCC should also go after all previous leaders(ole)that have brought us to this stand still.Expecially ex-gov in Nigeria.
Thank you. that is very realistic. Rome, they say, was not built in a day.
Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by idlaw2k3(m): 7:56pm On Sep 23, 2012
mrrock: Nigeria is a decayed country.

How about Farouk Lawan?.
You are right my brother.
Someone who steals N6,000 in a market is on his own. His case wont even get to court. He will be shot to death at the station for armed robbery.
Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by Simplepton: 8:00pm On Sep 23, 2012
Dnt be surpiz to hear soon dat he is out of jail! Naija 4 live!
He may be out of jail, and he may walk the street, he will for ever remember that at least for once, he has slept on a prison cell as a suspect, if not a criminal.
[b]And who cares? [/b]Those who don't care will not care no matter what, even if he dies in prison. The fact remains that if he dares to write an autobiography, people will remind him if he forgets to include that experience.
Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by redcliff: 8:01pm On Sep 23, 2012
emmykk: a female police officer by name mabel of the mile 1 police station port harcourt rivers state with phone number 08037809873 that i met on the 2GO chatting software stole two of my laptops mainly because we later were in intimate r/ship,it was then i know that the rank and file of the police is a can full of worms.she took the 1st laptop mysterously that i cannot pinpoint it then and did not want to accuse her without evidence,until when i caught her with the 2nd 1 allthough she has already succeeded it taking-we have since part ways .always check ur lady bag when they are leaving.and dont date police laadies o

U must be a rubbish guy to date a police woman.. I've never seen any correct police woman that's fine and presentable. Its either they are black with really big arses that can't make them walk or they are old and dirty. So u my friend dated one in one of the aforementioned categories. Yak!! Those women dirty die!!!
Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by Bright2(m): 8:03pm On Sep 23, 2012
His bail out should be exactly N16M before the trial cos he will get good lawyers and at end score free!
Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by Lawalkay(m): 8:09pm On Sep 23, 2012
A friend of mine has a case of mistaken identity at a police post at sapele rd. in Benin sometime last yr. it is Ehindero son that was d DPO there. He behave like a saint but I have to part with 25k b4 my friend could be set free. I am not suprise at what kind of father he must have. A tortoise can only give birth to a tortoise. Interest on donation to help equip p.men against men of d underworld and other vices ended in his pocket. The soul of all that died during his tenure will haunt him and his generation. Pen robber.
Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by Tekzyflex(m): 8:10pm On Sep 23, 2012
When you sing Nigeria jagaga,people will open their big smelling mouth to say "nigeria go better".Nonsense!!
Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by Reference(m): 8:11pm On Sep 23, 2012
Wonder what his fellow inmates will do to him especially those who have been awaiting trial since he was top cop.
Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by mbhs139(m): 8:15pm On Sep 23, 2012
pro01: Lol. Whose girlfriend did he snatch? Or which 'Bleep up' is he guilty of in the inner caucus? It's clear something is wrong somewhere, otherwise, Ehindero wouldn't be going through this embarrassment. They all buy their gurlfriends SUVs and houses worth far more than the trifling amount he is being tried for embezzling.Dem dey treat him Bleep up be dat.

Exactly. He must have done something wrong somewhere for them to have gone after his file.
Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by mbhs139(m): 8:17pm On Sep 23, 2012
redcliff:

U must be a rubbish guy to date a police woman.. I've never seen any correct police woman that's fine and presentable. Its either they are black with really big arses that can't make them walk or they are old and dirty. So u my friend dated one in one of the aforementioned categories. Yak!! Those women dirty die!!!
Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by Booty4me: 8:19pm On Sep 23, 2012
Reference: Wonder what his fellow inmates will do to him especially those who have been awaiting trial since he was top cop.
ha ha ha ha ha. Dem go tie him rope
Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by dayokanu(m): 8:19pm On Sep 23, 2012
10million bail for 16million?

Hmm Ehindero, The hunter has become the hunted
Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by esere826: 8:26pm On Sep 23, 2012
@OP.

Excellent step in the right direction.

Sha, the corrupt rich might soon start getting comfortable with the inconveniences of spending a couple of nights in cell, and then labeling it as political or ethnic persecution as long as they get away with their loot.

The bar will then need to be raised in the next step -actual conviction and jailing of these guys plus full recovery of their loot.

When this psycological barrrier (conviction and jailing) has been broken, and we all (including the judges) are getting used to it, then a further push of lengthy sentences will need to be applied.

Before all this can take place, the judiciary will need to be cleansed too.

Kudos to GEJ for not attempting to prevent the shaming of the former IG
Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by mu2sa2: 8:29pm On Sep 23, 2012
Ehindero has only been charged and NLers ar talking as if he's been convicted. Like many high profile cases before it, this one will soon fizzle out and you wont here anything about it again, the same way ex-Senate president Nwabara's 55m naira bribe case went. Apart from our judicial system been sluggish, d judges are now terribly corrupt like the politicians who nominate them for appointment. Nigeria is surely in a quagmaire:corrupt political leaders, corrupt judges, corrupt police.Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption,Corruption - EVERYWHERE. Who will bail out d country?
Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by Chanchit: 8:32pm On Sep 23, 2012
Chei...! I pity the man, instead of him to embezzle 16billion, e go dey take small money, walahi, e go spend @least 100yrs in jail.
Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by pomohs(m): 8:37pm On Sep 23, 2012
after tafa balogun follows ehindero, who is next igp to kirikiri? i need quick answer
Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by redcliff: 8:38pm On Sep 23, 2012
mrrock: Nigeria is a decayed country.

How about Farouk Lawan?.

I keep telling people, u have to be highly placed before u could highly steal. And those highly placed would know a lot of people to help them out of their mess
Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by ibemeekene: 8:57pm On Sep 23, 2012
Ehindero who should be example to the police force.has disgrace the police force .I thereby use to say to police force not to follow his footsteps
Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by bakila: 9:02pm On Sep 23, 2012
martin92: Just wondering. How does dat affect the price of yam ?
If that money was properly used in educating retiring NPF Personel to engage in Yam farming....... But the money was used in a manner that Obaniyi would become powerful at Edet House.
Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by jamace(m): 9:07pm On Sep 23, 2012
Abi de man don step on powerful toes?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fuel Loading Resumes Aba Depot After 16 Years / Soldiers Arrest 3 Political Thugs With Guns In Kogi (Photos) / Soldiers Neutralize An Insurgent While Trying To Detonate Ied In Adamawa(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.