Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,698 members, 7,882,367 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 11:27 PM

Why Do People Promise You Things & Then Not Deliver On Those Promises? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Do People Promise You Things & Then Not Deliver On Those Promises? (2224 Views)

Who Never Did These Things, Then His/her Childhood Is Not Fun / If U Do These..... Things Then Your Childhood Is Fun / Why Do People Die? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Promise You Things & Then Not Deliver On Those Promises? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Sep 23, 2012
This act is turning to something else. Can we also call it "FAITH"?
Well I think some people are liars and will say what they think you want to hear to get what they want. Sometimes what they want may be a "relieve", smile or something.
Nowadays I really do not want to listen to some people.. cos of the sugar-coated but empty talks.
Re: Why Do People Promise You Things & Then Not Deliver On Those Promises? by ITbomb(m): 6:46pm On Sep 23, 2012
Hope this is not about woman issue
Re: Why Do People Promise You Things & Then Not Deliver On Those Promises? by abiL(f): 6:46pm On Sep 23, 2012
Some people do mean what they have promised, but due to certain circumstances, they might not be able to fulfil their promise. At the end of the day, we are all humans, therefore we are prone to mistakes, errors, and not being able to meet up with expectations.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Promise You Things & Then Not Deliver On Those Promises? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Sep 23, 2012
Thanks for your contribution. I clearly understand your points.

ITbomb: Hope this is not about woman issue

Not really.. Something like "Help", "Support", "Money"
Re: Why Do People Promise You Things & Then Not Deliver On Those Promises? by vislabraye(m): 8:28pm On Sep 23, 2012
Humans are bound to disappoint. But I know of some who are habitual or serial liars. That's a special casE

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Promise You Things & Then Not Deliver On Those Promises? by Nobody: 7:56am On Sep 24, 2012
Well, we are humans quite alright but an honest one will have a very good and convincing reason for breaking a promise.....although we have pretenders! I think its best to leave a request open like, "I will do it but I aint promising"....if one aint sure....thats my way sha.
Re: Why Do People Promise You Things & Then Not Deliver On Those Promises? by ITbomb(m): 8:23am On Sep 24, 2012
What if you actually forced the person to make the promise.
Re: Why Do People Promise You Things & Then Not Deliver On Those Promises? by Nobody: 8:26am On Sep 24, 2012
ITbomb: What if you actually forced the person to make the promise.
whom did you direct your question at?
Re: Why Do People Promise You Things & Then Not Deliver On Those Promises? by ITbomb(m): 8:40am On Sep 24, 2012
Maria-G:
whom did you direct your question at?
You first , then the OP
Cos this comes after much pressure on the promiser . "I will do it but I aint
promising"
Re: Why Do People Promise You Things & Then Not Deliver On Those Promises? by Caracta(f): 8:55am On Sep 24, 2012
It's only God that can make promises and not fail. As for me, i don't make promises at all because i cherish my words. I would do it because i wanted to, not because i said it.
Re: Why Do People Promise You Things & Then Not Deliver On Those Promises? by Nobody: 10:47am On Sep 24, 2012
ITbomb:
You first , then the OP
Cos this comes after much pressure on the promiser . "I will do it but I aint
promising"
the thing is that I dont go about promising, there have to be a request first and yes, the person might sound desperate about it and thats where the " but I aint promising" part comes in...
Re: Why Do People Promise You Things & Then Not Deliver On Those Promises? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Sep 24, 2012
ITbomb: What if you actually forced the person to make the promise.

Yes the word "force" (not threat) is necessary especially when such demand is necessary and legitimate.
Re: Why Do People Promise You Things & Then Not Deliver On Those Promises? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Sep 24, 2012
Caracta: It's only God that can make promises and not fail. As for me, i don't make promises at all because i cherish my words. I would do it because i wanted to, not because i said it.
Your 'likes' are rare, dear.
Re: Why Do People Promise You Things & Then Not Deliver On Those Promises? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Sep 24, 2012
Maria-G:
"I will do it but I aint promising"....if one aint sure....thats my way sha.
Dear, you don't wanna say that to your creditor.

#though I understand your point.. (its my rule)
Re: Why Do People Promise You Things & Then Not Deliver On Those Promises? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Sep 24, 2012
acidosis™:

Dear, you don't wanna say that to your creditor.

#though I understand your point.. (its my rule)
lol, I dont pray to be in such situation
Re: Why Do People Promise You Things & Then Not Deliver On Those Promises? by greatgod2012(f): 9:21pm On Sep 24, 2012
@op, human beings will always be human beings, u shd know dt, why will u even rely on human promises and 4 what, deal with human beings as supposed,first, u dont allow pple to owe u too much money, ie, d money iu know u cant forfeit, dont borrow them, and 2ly, dont rely on pple to solve problems 4 u thereby promising u anf failing, its better not to rely on pple 4 assistance,s o dt u dont get dissappointed, always remember dt human beings will always be human beings, i hope i have answered some of d questions borthering ur mind?
Re: Why Do People Promise You Things & Then Not Deliver On Those Promises? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Sep 24, 2012
^ ^ Sure!. . .I feel better now..I've been thinking about it since yesterday.
Re: Why Do People Promise You Things & Then Not Deliver On Those Promises? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Sep 24, 2012
Maria-G:
lol, I dont pray to be in such situation
Re: Why Do People Promise You Things & Then Not Deliver On Those Promises? by spicyv1(f): 12:12pm On Sep 25, 2012
I do not expect too much from people, I have had to learn to give the benefit θf the doubt and I study people's personality to know how seriously I should take them. Hence, no surprises.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Promise You Things & Then Not Deliver On Those Promises? by RichDad1(m): 1:40pm On Sep 26, 2012
Because they are not God

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Promise You Things & Then Not Deliver On Those Promises? by cindyrella(f): 2:05pm On Sep 26, 2012
Because they are humans and not God

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Promise You Things & Then Not Deliver On Those Promises? by Mightyfavour: 4:12pm On Sep 20, 2015
For me 1.because only GOD word can stand forever 2.lacking the fear of GOD And knowledge of the word of GOD According to eccl 5:5

(1) (Reply)

Student Conducts Her Own Buriel Ceremony, While Still Alive, (PHOTOS) / GTA Mzansi Apk Download For Android / Omogenaija In The House !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.