Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,059 members, 7,939,260 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 09:42 PM

Banks In Ekiti Locked Out Customers For Fear Of Robbers? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks In Ekiti Locked Out Customers For Fear Of Robbers? (5876 Views)

Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering / Banks In Dilemma Over Idle $5bn Deposits / The 25 Consolidated Banks In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Banks In Ekiti Locked Out Customers For Fear Of Robbers? by Pysam(m): 12:50pm On Sep 24, 2012
See what is happening o my fellow country men.if you re to pay or receive money today from ekiti just accept the little delay as most banks re closed doors today for the fear of arm robbers attack . Rumours was every where today for possible for of arm robbery attack in Adoekiti, most of the banks from Adebayo to fajuyi and even the busy old garage have locked out customers leaving many persons stranded.though the first bank @ Adebayo attended to customers before the news got to them.this is nija where anything can happen
Re: Banks In Ekiti Locked Out Customers For Fear Of Robbers? by kashala90(m): 8:00pm On Sep 24, 2012
Where are we heading to in naija?
Re: Banks In Ekiti Locked Out Customers For Fear Of Robbers? by Kslib(m): 8:10pm On Sep 24, 2012
What an irony!! The customers should be happy,cos bankers are equally dangerous.. Some citizens dey theif,some bankers dey kuku theif.. So na 50:50....
Re: Banks In Ekiti Locked Out Customers For Fear Of Robbers? by abuaoyen(f): 8:16pm On Sep 24, 2012
normal gist. der needed a day off(d banks).
Re: Banks In Ekiti Locked Out Customers For Fear Of Robbers? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Sep 24, 2012
Its a jungle out there! Bombings in the North, Kidnappings in the East, Armed Robbery in the West! Its Naijaaaaaa.

1 Like

Re: Banks In Ekiti Locked Out Customers For Fear Of Robbers? by sonyjacobs(m): 8:23pm On Sep 24, 2012
even if the banks refuse to open for business,robbers can stil invade the banks and rob them successfuly. Security in naija is so poor
Re: Banks In Ekiti Locked Out Customers For Fear Of Robbers? by sheyguy: 8:24pm On Sep 24, 2012
engineerd: Its a jungle out there! Bombings in the North, Kidnappings in the East, Armed Robbery in the West! Its Naijaaaaaa.
kool down bro . . . Unconfirmed fears!
Re: Banks In Ekiti Locked Out Customers For Fear Of Robbers? by loveabletd(m): 8:26pm On Sep 24, 2012
Al this is cos by lack of security in the country
Re: Banks In Ekiti Locked Out Customers For Fear Of Robbers? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 24, 2012
So armed robbers have now invaded Ekiti state.
Re: Banks In Ekiti Locked Out Customers For Fear Of Robbers? by Areaboy2(m): 8:30pm On Sep 24, 2012
Pysam:
See what is happening o my fellow country men.if you re to pay or receive money today from ekiti just accept the little delay as most banks re closed doors today for the fear of arm robbers attack . Rumours was every where today for possible for of arm robbery attack in Adoekiti, most of the banks from Adebayo to fajuyi and even the busy old garage have locked out customers leaving many persons stranded.though the first bank @ Adebayo attended to customers before the news got to them.this is nija where anything can happen

Whose hand do they want to steal?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Banks In Ekiti Locked Out Customers For Fear Of Robbers? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Sep 24, 2012
Lazy bankers who no wan work before. Unfortunately,this is what happen when u have brilliant graduates roam the streets jobless. Gvt need to do somethng to d ever rising unemployment rate
Re: Banks In Ekiti Locked Out Customers For Fear Of Robbers? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Sep 24, 2012
Lol!lwkmd!...why dey no go lock bank? Those stranded shud b grateful,at least they wil get to withdraw cash nxt tym wen its safe.what will they withdraw if the bank is robbed?? Their accounts?
Re: Banks In Ekiti Locked Out Customers For Fear Of Robbers? by lacasa: 8:53pm On Sep 24, 2012
Better Safe than Sorry
Re: Banks In Ekiti Locked Out Customers For Fear Of Robbers? by menace2: 8:56pm On Sep 24, 2012
Sign of Endtime!!!!!!!!
Quote me wrong. undecidedSign of Endtime!!!!!!!!
Quote me wrong.
Re: Banks In Ekiti Locked Out Customers For Fear Of Robbers? by Chuksgeo: 9:03pm On Sep 24, 2012
I really want to tell my own acct of escaping armed robbery in ekiti, as we just left camp, as a youth corp member we were assigned first bank ifaki ekiti to open acct but on reaching there around 12 pm we were told that the bank has closed for the day that they received what they perceived as security threat, we as corp members just coming out from camp we wanted to do everything immediately like get a house, open the bank acc etc and travel so as to be able to come back within the allowed time we were given offcourse we are new to the communities we are posted to. Fortunately and unfortunately, It happened that after about 3 weeks of this incidence,I and my fellow corp member friend went to this very bank to collect his ATM since I have collected mine the day before that day, we just entered a taxi as we left the bank, the armed robbers attacked the bank. Long story short whatever thing you are told as regards to security please obey cause that day was a narrow escape for me and my friend.
Re: Banks In Ekiti Locked Out Customers For Fear Of Robbers? by Optimisticgondy(m): 9:20pm On Sep 24, 2012
Na wah o..I was at the Governor's Office, Ado-Ekiti today from 9am to 5pm and didn't hear anything relating to this news. Thanks to my Father there was no robbery sha cos the one that happened at First Bank, Oke Iyinmi the other day was really bloody. Police even wasted lives of those who protested their late arrival at the scene that day. We really need my Father's intervention in this nation.
Re: Banks In Ekiti Locked Out Customers For Fear Of Robbers? by baba11(m): 9:32pm On Sep 24, 2012
I went to fcmb branch @ bank road today and there was no any robbery scare in whatever forms.may allah continue to guide and protect us in this country because no where is safe!!!
Re: Banks In Ekiti Locked Out Customers For Fear Of Robbers? by bashr8: 9:57pm On Sep 24, 2012
with all the money the banks spend on security they cant handle robbery casses ? na wa oo.
Re: Banks In Ekiti Locked Out Customers For Fear Of Robbers? by franksunny(m): 10:19pm On Sep 24, 2012
kashala90]Where are we heading to in naija? somali
Re: Banks In Ekiti Locked Out Customers For Fear Of Robbers? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Sep 24, 2012
baba11: I went to fcmb branch @ bank road today and there was no any robbery scare in whatever forms.may allah continue to guide and protect us in this country because no where is safe!!!

Please please keep your allah out of this!
Re: Banks In Ekiti Locked Out Customers For Fear Of Robbers? by abdulkayus(m): 10:30pm On Sep 24, 2012
engineerd:

y are u soundin lyk a slowpoke, hope u hav taken ur medicine dis 9t? Mtwssss
Re: Banks In Ekiti Locked Out Customers For Fear Of Robbers? by odukoko(m): 10:42pm On Sep 24, 2012
What kind of rubbish news is this?i stay in ado ekiti at fajuyi,went to both gtb ,fcmb and it was peacefull,no news or rumour whatever thruout today!ppl where doing their different transaction without fear inside the banks!if its in anoda part of ekiti state then i might not know but for ado nada!pls if you dont know what to post just waka past!
Re: Banks In Ekiti Locked Out Customers For Fear Of Robbers? by Saintsquare(m): 10:53pm On Sep 24, 2012
odukoko: What kind of rubbish news is this?i stay in ado ekiti at fajuyi,went to both gtb ,fcmb and it was peacefull,no news or rumour whatever thruout today!ppl where doing their different transaction without fear inside the banks!if its in anoda part of ekiti state then i might not know but for ado nada!pls if you dont know what to post just waka past!
I also stay @ Fajuyi and didn't hear any news of such,even a friend of mine went to Keystone bank and confirmed that banks were open to customers @ bank road.
Re: Banks In Ekiti Locked Out Customers For Fear Of Robbers? by Kockane(m): 12:23am On Sep 25, 2012
Brand_new: So armed robbers have now invaded Ekiti state.
See question!!! Dat place is d headquaters of insecurity in western Nigeria. undecided
Re: Banks In Ekiti Locked Out Customers For Fear Of Robbers? by Nobody: 12:38am On Sep 25, 2012
Fayemi nids 2 do smtn,d robery dere na lyk breakfast.nd its always bnks.mk dm sha wait,me i wan go sch n peace
Re: Banks In Ekiti Locked Out Customers For Fear Of Robbers? by OtunbaGm: 12:59am On Sep 25, 2012
odukoko: What kind of rubbish news is this?i stay in ado ekiti at fajuyi,went to both gtb ,fcmb and it was peacefull,no news or rumour whatever thruout today!ppl where doing their different transaction without fear inside the banks!if its in anoda part of ekiti state then i might not know but for ado nada!pls if you dont know what to post just waka past!

Fellow,
I was at Ado ekiti today and it is true that people were locked outside around postoffice (syke and wema bank) around 11-12pm and was wondering what the problem was,just got the clue now!
Re: Banks In Ekiti Locked Out Customers For Fear Of Robbers? by temiflex01(m): 1:33am On Sep 25, 2012
engineerd:

no mind am joor!! allah wit no peace track record.
Re: Banks In Ekiti Locked Out Customers For Fear Of Robbers? by ABAboi: 3:49am On Sep 25, 2012
No bank should ever need to lock down their premises due to the fear of these bandits.Installing FogSecure Security http://www.fogsecure.com.ng, a robust security system can independently and robustly protect them against these armed robbers within seconds of activation.
Re: Banks In Ekiti Locked Out Customers For Fear Of Robbers? by Pysam(m): 5:12am On Sep 25, 2012
Though fellow nija people things have return to normal, business was as usual in the even time. Really want to add here that there is a lot of development going on rite now in ekiti especially the road.
Re: Banks In Ekiti Locked Out Customers For Fear Of Robbers? by nedu2000(m): 6:34am On Sep 25, 2012
State police anyone?
Re: Banks In Ekiti Locked Out Customers For Fear Of Robbers? by velo10: 7:02am On Sep 25, 2012
ABAboi: No bank should ever need to lock down their premises due to the fear of these bandits.Installing FogSecure Security http://www.fogsecure.com.ng, a robust security system can independently and robustly protect them against these armed robbers within seconds of activation.

Very interesting. I think I like it
Re: Banks In Ekiti Locked Out Customers For Fear Of Robbers? by cesil92: 7:36am On Sep 25, 2012
Even the Banks don't trust/rely on the Nigeria Police Force. What a shame to men and officers of the NPF? What a shame to Police Service Commission. What a shame to Ministry of Interior? What a shame to the F.G

(1) (2) (Reply)

Thread For Dollar To Naira Daily For Those That Are Traveling / Food Packaging / Nigerian Investment Promotion Commission (NIPC) Employee Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.