Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,625 members, 7,918,018 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 08:36 PM

Will Nigeria Ever Get Better? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Nigeria Ever Get Better? (1289 Views)

Revealed! The Best President Nigeria Ever Had..see Photo Statistics / Hurricane Sandy: Will Nigeria Learn From The Emergency Response Plan Of USA? / Will Nigeria Ever Have A Female President? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Nigeria Ever Get Better? by Ttola(m): 12:11am On Jan 15, 2008
u know i've been pondering,

u get stuck up in a traffic jam and everybodyz takin the 'one-way'(aint this madness?),

u go to a public office to request for their services and the expect u to give them something( to do their job?),

u cannot trust ur bank that deducts anonymous fees from your account( maximum profit abi?),

u get scared to get down stadium to spectate(might be maimed),

u cannot buy the same commodity for the same price in a week length(always on govt, pump, trans,, ),

we feel it is a routine that there must not be stable electricity(even if their is , we get suspicious),

a country where politics has become a profession( some people really feel itz their job, were even the most honest person see corruption as some thing

they can live with( we all get a good night even after the 10pm news),

the only country where tribalism thrives ahead of nationalism( everybody is alway saying see the yoruba, hausa or igbo man,, aren't they all Nigerians)

Nigeria's problem is way beyond institution,, it sinks down into every mind, the mental orientation is rotten and with generational succession, it will only get worse(assuredly)
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Get Better? by Nobody: 5:46am On Jan 15, 2008
@ topic

Yes it will smiley
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Get Better? by segunpc(m): 9:40am On Jan 15, 2008
i agree with stillwater. YES IS THE ANSWER.

u and i is what we need to make this nation a beta place, cos we r second class citizens in oda countries.

no place like home. so lets join hands together to make it work.

u don't know what good this thread only can do in putting naija to shape .

posting this alone shows u care.

thanks for ur concern.

one love.
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Get Better? by deor03(m): 3:14pm On Jan 15, 2008
@Ttola

Absolutely Nigeria will rise.( though it is very difficult to see), Things will gradually change for the better. Let us just keep doing our own part of the job
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Get Better? by tufe(m): 4:51pm On Jan 15, 2008
Tola,
i feel this is a good topic you posted. At least it is much more better than the topic babasin titled "Why Nigeria Will Never Get Better"

Certainly Nigeria will, its just a pity that it is taken longer that we bargained for, but a popular saying is that rome wasnt built in a day.
Sometimes (but God 4bid), i feel like we may not live to see the Nigeria of our dreams, it may be another generation that would enjoy that, but certainly with time it will. as segunpc said, it tales all hand on dec, and indeed we are second class citizens in other countries. My experience in Germany taught me that.

There's no place like Naija, its time, prayer and all hands on dec we need.

God Bless Nigera
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Get Better? by rookie(m): 7:49pm On Jan 15, 2008
I have also been wondering the same: if Nigeria CAN ever get better with the current state of mind of our generation. For a while I've been optimistic, but lately, I'm beggining to doubts if our generation will witness tremendous improvement in (atleast) the crucial sectors: economic, power, health etc.
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Get Better? by tufe(m): 8:02pm On Jan 15, 2008
@ rookie

for sure the sectors would get better.

I'm especially happy about the brave move Yar'adua took today by saying he is not releasing fund for the power sector
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Get Better? by vigasimple(m): 11:18pm On Jan 15, 2008
tufe:

@ rookie

I'm especially happy about the brave move Yar'adua took today by saying he is not releasing fund for the power sector

Firstly, I don't know the reason why YAR A'DULL saying that he is not releasing more monies to the Power sector but I assume they are not showing value for what they got in the first place.

There is a saying in yoruba that translate ' a drastic matter/issue requires a drastic response or resolve'

I have a very grave suspicion that this our President simply don't know what he is going to do with running the country.

Where are his vision- make things simple. Set it out with timeline. For example how do you propose to power the country and at what costs and what are the timescale? If Mr. president can deal with that alone confidence would be huge in the country. Life start with hope and confidence.

TO the question,  NIGERIA WILL GET BETTER AND I DARE SAY THAT IN OUR OWN LIFETIME.

We would soon have reveolution in Nigeria, whether or not is bloody is another matter.

There has never been a revolution (positive) in Nigeria. there has been a negative one during IBB time he wholesale corruption and tribalism and bring out all that is worst in Nigeria.

When you have a positive revolution,  leaders will emerge and lead the country by giving them value based on hard work and not stealing of public funds. Such leaders will set agenda for a great future.

I want to be on the record that as of today 15th January 2008 that for whatever the reason or reasons there hasn't been major leaders who have set agendas for the future. You need more than one or two. you need BRAVE DOZEN
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Get Better? by Uzzyan: 12:04am On Jan 16, 2008
YES IN NO TIME kiss kiss kiss for NAIJA
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Get Better? by Nobody: 3:35am On Jan 16, 2008
Nigeria will never get better until we set things right. No miracle about that.
The major things to set right are:

1. Sincere and active anti-corruption laws, which will bring about checks, balances and accountability in all sectors and areas in Nigeria.

2. Efficient power sector.

3. Constitutional amendment.(not too necessary)

With these, all other things will fall in their right places.

NB. This may only be achieved through a positive and sincere revolution by the Nigerian people.
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Get Better? by tufe(m): 4:01pm On Jan 16, 2008
@ nuzo

the things will be set right. come back from china and contribute you quota in your small way grin grin
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Get Better? by oldie(m): 7:16pm On Jan 16, 2008
Nigeria will be better when we start
- being nationalistic
- doing our own bits efficiently
- using our best eleven
- being the best in whatever we do
- stop blaming the system for all our personal failures
- realising that home is the best and can be the best Nigerians in Nigeria

I believe Nigeria will be better. I really do
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Get Better? by Nobody: 3:26am On Jan 17, 2008
tufe:

@ nuzo

the things will be set right. come back from china and contribute you quota in your small way grin grin

My friend, I'm working towards that. Just trying to know if i can raise some capital so i can come back and start a little project. The only thing that baffles me now is how the little project will survive without efficient power supply. Or do i have to be the one that will provide that?

oldie:

Nigeria will be better when we start
- being nationalistic
- doing our own bits efficiently
- using our best eleven
- being the best in whatever we do
- stop blaming the system for all our personal failures
- realising that home is the best and can be the best Nigerians in Nigeria

I believe Nigeria will be better. I really do

You are so funny. It's either you are a kid or you are one of those guys that were born with silver spoons in their mouth.
When we decide to have an effective criminal and corruption laws, people will have no choice than to be all those things you stated above.
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Get Better? by Kobojunkie: 6:52am On Jan 17, 2008
For Nigerians who are willing to work towards policy change in that country, check out this site. This is a non profit organization that is fighting to change policy here and there for businesses and for consumers in Nigeria. The organization can boast of a few successes but I believe with more Nigerians, there is the possibility of more changes this year 2008. Check it out and contact the dude in charge if you have questions. http://www.nigeriapolicyinstitute.org/
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Get Better? by oldie(m): 11:06am On Jan 17, 2008
nuzo:

You are so funny. It's either you are a kid or you are one of those guys that were born with silver spoons in their mouth.
When we decide to have an effective criminal and corruption laws, people will have no choice than to be all those things you stated above.

You are wrong on both counts
Read your own post again and see whether you are making a better sense!
I do not have time to engage in any senseless slagging match with you
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Get Better? by sistajay(f): 1:55pm On Jan 17, 2008
Change go come one day, make una no give up HOPE. Plenty hard work, sweat, tears, blood and prayers go make Naija beta one day.
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Get Better? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jan 17, 2008
oldie:

You are wrong on both counts
Read your own post again and see whether you are making a better sense!
I do not have time to engage in any senseless slagging match with you

Well, i dont expect you to see any better sense in my post.
Do you think that the people in developed countries are being nationalistic because they wanted to? It's because their government have been able to play her own part.

My apologies for calling you a kid.
Your suggestions were okay, only that you sounded like somebody who does not know the history of how and why Nigeria went wrong.
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Get Better? by Orobert: 8:37pm On Jan 17, 2008
YES! YES!! and YES!!!
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Get Better? by Uzzyan: 1:16am On Jan 18, 2008
Nuzo am happy u are my namesake grin grin
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Get Better? by Kobojunkie: 4:53am On Jan 18, 2008
nuzo:

Well, i don't expect you to see any better sense in my post.
Do you think that the people in developed countries are being nationalistic because they wanted to? It's because their government have been able to play her own part.

My apologies for calling you a kid.
Your suggestions were okay, only that you sounded like somebody who does not know the history of how and why Nigeria went wrong.

I completely agree with. Some people have this deluded idea that one has to be nationalistic even when it is apparent the government of the country is constantly trying to work against your own good and those who do not see it that way but speak their mind are traitors. Living abroad does not make one less of a national than those who dig their heels in Nigeria and say it is Nigeria forever( frankly, I am yet to meet a single Nigerian who has sworn to live and die in Nigeria no matter what, I have however met a lot more people who do not have a way out and decide to claim it is about them belonging to the former group, which is not true at all). Even the very leaders of the country all look for a way out of Nigeria from day one. They move their wives and kids to cozy locations outside and buy houses outside of the country from the get go.

The last thing Nigeria needs are more "nationalistic" people with no idea how to deal with things but continue to vote those who throw the words "UP NIGERIA" in their faces a couple times more than the other politicians **cough (LIARS!!) . LMAO!!!!

We need more people minded people. More business minded individuals who are willing to open their eyes to see the very potentials and what they stand to gain if they were to focus and invest in the livelihood of the people rather then enlarging their pockets. People are so into the CHOP-I-CHOP mindset that they are even willing to reap before they even sow in that country.
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Get Better? by Nobody: 7:14am On Jan 18, 2008
Kobojunkie:

I completely agree with. Some people have this deluded idea that one has to be nationalistic even when it is apparent the government of the country is constantly trying to work against your own good and those who do not see it that way but speak their mind are traitors. Living abroad does not make one less of a national than those who dig their heels in Nigeria and say it is Nigeria forever( frankly, I am yet to meet a single Nigerian who has sworn to live and die in Nigeria no matter what, I have however met a lot more people who do not have a way out and decide to claim it is about them belonging to the former group, which is not true at all). Even the very leaders of the country all look for a way out of Nigeria from day one. They move their wives and kids to cozy locations outside and buy houses outside of the country from the get go.

The last thing Nigeria needs are more "nationalistic" people with no idea how to deal with things but continue to vote those who throw the words "UP NIGERIA" in their faces a couple times more than the other politician( **cough ), LMAO!!!!

We need more people minded people. More business minded individuals who are willing to open their eyes to see the very potentials and what they stand to gain if they were to focus and invest in the livelihood of the people rather then enlarging their pockets. People are so into the CHOP-I-CHOP mindset that they are even willing to reap before they even sow in that country.

I agree 100% with you.
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Get Better? by EmekaNaija(m): 1:56am On Jan 19, 2008
Yea, Nigeria would get better, but surely after the rapture. I know i would be branded a prophet of doom. Nigeria can only get better if these 36 states structure is dissolved and we revert to 6 independent regions which would ensure competition. We need true federalism in Nigeria where each region can decide their own destiny. On Aburi, we stand!
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Get Better? by ojujucala: 5:47pm On Jan 20, 2008
Yea, Nigeria would get better, but surely after the rapture. I know i would be branded a prophet of doom. Nigeria can only get better if these 36 states structure is dissolved and we revert to 6 independent regions which would ensure competition. We need true federalism in Nigeria where each region can decide their own destiny. On Aburi, we stand!

@emekanaija

Who is responsible for making Nigeria a better place?

YOUR SPECIAL INVITATION

You are cordially invited to join a select group of well meaning
Nigerians as we come together to discuss, share ideas
and give practical suggestions about how we can make
Nigeria a better place. Click here
www.successdigestnigeria.com/forum  and give your own
advice. Register today to make your contribution to the discussion. Registration is F.REE.

As you make your suggestions please no complaints, no acrimony, no hatred, no excuses, no blaming of anybody, only honest & practical
suggestions. You can make a difference. Be a part of the solution. LETS MAKE NIGERIA A BETTER PLACE. Visit
www.successdigestnigeria.com/forum  and give your own
suggestions.

You suggestion could help to save some people from future pain
and sorrow. Your honest and unbiased opinion could
help save someone, somewhere in Port Harcourt
,Modakeke, Taraba, Warri, Jos, kano, Lagos, and other
hot spots of Nigeria, from  suffering hardship, poverty
and unemployment because of social injustice or losing
their lives to political, economic and religious
intolerance. Thank you for coming. LET’S MAKE NIGERIA A BETTER
PLACE . Join the discussion forum to make your suggestion
Click here now, www.successdigestnigeria.com/forum registration is
free.
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Get Better? by invisible2(m): 10:01pm On Jan 20, 2008
I have this feeling that this country will suddenly, without any prior warning, get so nice that there will be a stampede for who will rush back to Nigeria before others. There is this increasing awareness amongst ordinary Nigerians on the streets that things are changing. I see hope in peoples faces, I see teachers taking home fat salaries monthly, since the days of OBJ.

Yar adua has also made police and other forces to smile to the banks this January. Workers are starting to feel more more valued and wanted, salaries are paid in my state on 25th of every month. Job is now easier to get here. My friend just got two jobs late last year, he was called to report for work at UBA and Nig. Breweries the same day! (He attended their different interviews) It became a case of which is better, I advised him to report to NB, and he is busy working now.

I am typing this in my house (full internet connection) this was impossible few years ago. Do not even talk of investment in shares, we were the best in the world last year, (over 100% appreciation in our stock market, according to Merryl Lynch) I don hama for that side grin grin.

Nigeria will get better if you believe it will. For us that has believed since, we are reaping bountifully tongue tongue I will not leave Nigeria to go and suffer for white man in his backyard, that will be second slavery. Just let house prices crash enough in the US. I will then go in and buy a property ther with money made from Nigeria (clean money, no be stolen wealth)

We shall rule the world one day, it has started already, other things will get better as we go on.

LONG LIVE NIGERIA !!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Get Better? by tosinadeda: 10:06pm On Jan 20, 2008
really its sad though but i av given up long time ago, we just keep going from bad to worse
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Get Better? by invisible2(m): 11:01pm On Jan 20, 2008
Some will always find faults with even a good thing, most of us that complain about this country just sit around doing nothing, if you contribute something, you get something. The ppl benefiting from this country started something, invested something, or discovered something.

Each of these take serious challenge and sacrifice. Even in the developed world, they face challenges in an attempt to make their country better, why cant we make ours better. There is no light, how many ppl pays their light bills? We use free power but will complain that NEPA is killing us. (we know they are thieves among them), but since you are not Ribadu, what can you do?

Be positive, positive things will start happening around you.

This reminds me of a man that wears a frown everyday he goes home to his wife and kids. The kids learnt to frown back! and whenever daddy gets home, everybody will become dumb, even if they were laughing minutes ago. (the man only laughs in the bedroom)

This went on untill his house nearly became a grave yard of silence, then he started to complain to friends.

Smile at problems, they will varnish. Lets be positive about this country, it will survive and you will be among the ppl saying I TOLD YOU SO
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Get Better? by manabep(m): 10:35am On Jan 22, 2008
I believe Nigeria will be better if we can only forgrt about what the government is not doing and focus on what we can do. All we need is ourselves to make all the difference. You can do this too. www.manabep.org
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Get Better? by angel101(f): 11:16am On Jan 22, 2008
Nigeria will get better once power is sorted out. no light no life wink
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Get Better? by Kobojunkie: 6:53pm On Jan 22, 2008
Yep, when individuals realize that continuing to wait on the government to save the day only shows them foolish and they instead focus on trying to run their own communities in the most effective way possible to boost development in their own little way.
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Get Better? by oldie(m): 8:20pm On Jan 22, 2008
invisible!:

Some will always find faults with even a good thing, most of us that complain about this country just sit around doing nothing, if you contribute something, you get something. The people benefiting from this country started something, invested something, or discovered something.

Each of these take serious challenge and sacrifice. Even in the developed world, they face challenges in an attempt to make their country better, why can't we make ours better. There is no light, how many people pays their light bills? We use free power but will complain that NEPA is killing us. (we know they are thieves among them), but since you are not Ribadu, what can you do?

Be positive, positive things will start happening around you.

Well put
Some people still do not believe anything works in Nigeria
This negativity has affected their psyche
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Get Better? by folahann(m): 10:10pm On Jan 22, 2008
We keep hoping it will but may be not this generation

(1) (Reply)

When Will Oshiomhole Be Sworn-in As Governor Of Edo State? / Edo State Pdp Executive Desolved / Panic Grips Yaradua's Family As Saudi Rejects Plan To Return Him To Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.