Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,396 members, 7,947,664 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 06:22 AM

"really? You Don't Look/talk Like A Muslim O!" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "really? You Don't Look/talk Like A Muslim O!" (1512 Views)

A Muslim Guy Rejected The New N100 Note / When Animals Could Talk Like Man. / Don't Look For Deliverance - Pastor Chris (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"really? You Don't Look/talk Like A Muslim O!" by nairamar(m): 1:14pm On Jan 15, 2008
“Really? You don’t look/talk like a Muslim o!”

Salam alaekum,

I hope you will take a moment to read and reflect on the issues in this email. Take a second to think about the title of this email, I am sure a lot of you on this list have got this sort of response from people in the past when you declared your faith. I used to dismiss this response as a sign of ignorance until recently, I am now beginning to think that this response is not due to ignorance but perhaps due to the fact that Muslims like you and I who have ‘a little extra” have done practically nothing to ‘lift up’ our fellow brothers and sisters who make up a significant portion of the poor Nigerians, so these responders get used to seeing so many ‘poor and battered Muslims’ that it actually surprises them when they meet one who is well educated, comfortable and has a reasonably okay life.

In the past three days, I have had two separate discussions about the Federation of Muslim Women Association (FOMWAN) School in Alimosho Lagos and the NITEL staff school in Oshodi, Lagos . And my take away has been that we HAVE to do something to make “being a Muslim child in Nigeria equal good education and great opportunities.” A couple of months ago, I sent an email to 150+ Muslims asking for a PC for the FOMWAN School, I got 5 responses back but not one fulfilled promise to date. The school is now risking losing their temporary location and cannot raise the N3.5 million needed to acquire a new piece of land to build its permanent location. The NITEL staff school in Oshodi is up for sale, asking price is N120m and some “concerned non Muslim parents” have begun rallying to raise funds to buy it, where does this leave the Muslims and their kids

How do you convince a muslim kid from a poor home who has no furniture in his/her class, no text books and no computer knowledge in 2007 that s/he should hold her head up high and that s/he can compete on a level playing field with another child whose got all that and much more?

So what happens now that you have heard my whining? You are thinking that all these are beyond your financial power? You close this email and go back to status quo? Forward it to your friends so that you can merely satisfy your conscience that though you can’t give anything, you have told someone? I hope you don’t do any of these, instead I pray you do the following:

1. Think about one little thing you can do now and on a recurring basis. If you have an old PC, give it to the FOMWAN School , you will be giving a Muslim child ‘room to compete in this new IT world.
2. Do you have any spare change that can help FOMWAN secure a permanent location for the school? It does not matter how much it is, whatever you give will reduce the amount we are looking for.
3. Think about these issues as your problem and not the problem of ‘others.’ The prophet Muhammad (SAW) said a Muslim must want for his brothers what he wants for himself. So ask yourself if your child or relation can attend the FOMWAN School as it is now or what would happen if you had a child in the NITEL School that is up for sale.
4. Get your local group involved: Let your masjid, group of Muslim coworkers /friends /family to commit to doing something. If you don’t have N1,000 to give, but you know someone who can, talk to them about this. And commit to encouraging them to do something.
5. Use your voice: Forward this information to your list serve, news magazine, blogs etc. Get the word out!
6. Join United for Kids Foundation (www.unitedforkidsfoundation.org), when you send your donations, instruct us to use it for the FOMWAN school projects. We are currently sourcing for funds to make some chairs/desks for the school, your donation will go a long way in making this and future projects a reality.

Finally, remember that one of the things that will help a Muslim after his death is the knowledge s/he has helped others to acquire, so when you reach out to the FOMWAN School or the kids at the NITEL staff school, you are making an investment for your life after death. For more information email sariyuola@yahoo. co.uk (FOMWAN Lagos Amirah), unitedforkids@ gmail.com, teslim_b@yahoo. com ( NITEL School sales) or temitopef@yahoo. com.

May Allah reward you.

Ma-asalam,

Ganiyah Tope Fajingbesi

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet () said, "Two angels descend every morning, and one says: `O Allah, give him who spends something, in place of what he spends.' The other one says: `O Allah, give destruction to him who withholds".

Every Donation Counts!
Re: "really? You Don't Look/talk Like A Muslim O!" by pilgrim1(f): 1:37pm On Jan 15, 2008
nairamar:

“Really? You don’t look/talk like a Muslim o!”

. . .  Take a second to think about the title of this email,

Is this not another recycled topic? Can't we see something fresh from you guys? Haba!! tongue

See:

You don't look like a muslim" for God sake how should a muslim look like ?
(https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-20883.0.html#msg568435)
Re: "really? You Don't Look/talk Like A Muslim O!" by dafidixone(m): 1:44pm On Jan 15, 2008
Is this not another recycled topic? Can't we see something fresh from you guys? Haba!!

I think you should know why they have no topics in Quaran. A page of the bible " Exodus was stolen from traveller" by the ancient Jihadist so all the topic can not go beyound one page. grin grin
Re: "really? You Don't Look/talk Like A Muslim O!" by olabowale(m): 1:48pm On Jan 15, 2008
@Dafidixone: Please let us rread about that 'stolen page,' of the OT. Is it in the Qur'an, bring it up side by side with the OT stolen page. Maybe you are on your third try here.
Re: "really? You Don't Look/talk Like A Muslim O!" by dafidixone(m): 1:49pm On Jan 15, 2008
;Dlab ;Dwale!
Re: "really? You Don't Look/talk Like A Muslim O!" by pilgrim1(f): 2:18pm On Jan 15, 2008
@olabowale,

Please bear with me, but would you be interested in carefully walking through the texts in the Qur'an where Muhammad tried to re-arrange Biblical narratives, such that they neither made sense or sounded coherent to his companions? Just discussions with pointed questions would do; and not long winding stories from you.

Cheers.
Re: "really? You Don't Look/talk Like A Muslim O!" by olabowale(m): 2:21pm On Jan 15, 2008
@Dafidixone: Baba d Holiness, you said? Whats Dlab Dwale? Thats from the Bible, because aint nothing like that in the Qur'an. I guess you are trying to spell my name. I wo on se omo Karo a jiree ni? Its spelled OLABOWALE! I am enjoying yor follies, but waiting to read your Phantom of the Opera, of the 'stolen page!'
Re: "really? You Don't Look/talk Like A Muslim O!" by pilgrim1(f): 2:26pm On Jan 15, 2008
olabowale:

Whats Dlab Dwale? Thats from the Bible, because aint nothing like that in the Qur'an.

But you know that's not from the Bible, and you should try and drop your seething hatred for the Bible. Haba! grin People make mistakes in spelling the userIDs of others - and you have also made such mistakes. This is not an issue that should make you want to blame every misconception you have on "the Bible!"

olabowale:

I am enjoying yor follies, but waiting to read your Phantom of the Opera, of the 'stolen page!'

A request again, sir:

pilgrim.1:

@olabowale,

Please bear with me, but would you be interested in carefully walking through the texts in the Qur'an where Muhammad tried to re-arrange Biblical narratives, such that they neither made sense or sounded coherent to his companions? Just discussions with pointed questions would do; and not long winding stories from you.

Cheers.
Re: "really? You Don't Look/talk Like A Muslim O!" by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 15, 2008
@poster

You are very correct about your post. Sometimes, when i talk with people they are awed and really don't believe am a muslim cheesy

We only pay lip service to the commandments made in the Quran.

I weep sometimes when i look at the moral decay in the society.

Ask for their names ,and 80% are muslims. Not that we are not good but we don't try and help each other in times of need.

Most people with a weak faith have been converted due to these. Since most of the time they need help its not present, they surely turn to places where they can get it from.

I can sight numerous examples about this.

In 2000 or so when the northern crisis broke out most survivors who returned back home to the southwest were 100% fed and catered for by the catholic mission not minding that even 60% were muslims. I can tell you that not one muslim organization came out with any help for these people then.

Thanks to new organisations like NASFAT,FORMWAN and the rest who are now taking up charge of critical issues like this.

I pray we turn for the good and learn to help ourselves as commanded by allah.

Insha allah, we the little ones will try our best and help out in the upliftment of the less priviledge.

Ma salam
Re: "really? You Don't Look/talk Like A Muslim O!" by dafidixone(m): 5:32pm On Jan 15, 2008
@Dafidixone: Baba d Holiness, you said? Whats Dlab Dwale? Thats from the Bible, because aint nothing like that in the Qur'an. I guess you are trying to spell my name. I wo on se omo Karo a jiree ni? Its spelled OLABOWALE! I am enjoying yor follies, but waiting to read your Phantom of the Opera, of the 'stolen page!'

Baba Agabalagba grin have yopu heard that version of the Mohammed life before? The desert Warrior. Do you know that Mohammed travel and he worshiped in some jewish temple and in Roman temples.

He must have gotten the whole idea of improving on the god of his dad "Abdulah" meaning "servant of allah." Since Mohammed father was the only one who worship that allah among every other gods in Kaaba. He choose to use force. He enforced allah by bringing and innovation imported from Jewish scrolls and Romans worship (Rostary counting from Rome)the Jewish(Abraham sacrifice from the Jew) (Isreal History).

Let me pause for your response grin egbon debo oya!
Re: "really? You Don't Look/talk Like A Muslim O!" by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jan 15, 2008
He choose to use force. He enforced allah by bringing and innovation imported from Jewish scrolls and Romans worship (Rostary counting from Rome)the Jewish(Abraham sacrifice from the Jew) (Isreal History).

The rosary in islam is not a symbol of worship or anything.

Its just used not to make mistake when reciting some prayer after Salat.

The prophet didn't use it during his time, it was introduced to minimize the errors in counting with the hands.

Abraham sacrifice is well touched in the Quran.

It's in the Quran to serve as a lesson to all muslims to always heed the commandment of God.
Re: "really? You Don't Look/talk Like A Muslim O!" by dafidixone(m): 5:51pm On Jan 15, 2008
The rosary in islam is not a symbol of worship or anything.

but Some publication of Islam carries it. And I doubt if this argument will hold water. I have my own reason.
Abraham sacrifice is well touched in the Quran.

If this were truth as well where did he get that portion of the quran?
grin
Re: "really? You Don't Look/talk Like A Muslim O!" by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jan 15, 2008
but Some publication of Islam carries it. And I doubt if this argument will hold water. I have my own reason.

You can provide me with links or hadith which states its a religious symbol,
Re: "really? You Don't Look/talk Like A Muslim O!" by pilgrim1(f): 8:42pm On Jan 15, 2008
@mdsocks,

mdsocks:

The prophet didn't use it during his time, it was introduced to minimize the errors in counting with the hands.

So what happens to those Muslims following these new "introductions"? Did Muslims not claim that "innovations" will send some of them to Hell? grin Remember when we discussed this "introductions" and "innovations" in the Sufi threads?

I wonder why those threads saw the quick exit of Muslims. What were Muslims really scared of in those Sufi threads sef? grin
Re: "really? You Don't Look/talk Like A Muslim O!" by olabowale(m): 1:49am On Jan 16, 2008
@Dafidixone:
Baba Agabalagba have yopu heard that version of the Muhammad life before? The desert Warrior. Do you know that Muhammad travel and he worshiped in some jewish temple and in Roman temples.

He must have gotten the whole idea of improving on the god of his dad "Abdulah" meaning "servant of allah." Since Muhammad father was the only one who worship that allah among every other gods in Kaaba. He choose to use force. He enforced allah by bringing and innovation imported from Jewish scrolls and Romans worship (Rostary counting from Rome)the Jewish(Abraham sacrifice from the Jew) (Isreal History).

Let me pause for your response egbon debo oya!
You are just telling about the 'desert warrior,' who worshipped in Jewish and roman temples in his travels. Where were these Jewish and Roman temples located and what period in the life of the Young Muhammad did he do these travels? When he was a little boy under Abi Talib, his Uncle or when? Or is it the time he commanded the Commercial caravan of Khadijah? Or is there another time before he became a prophet or is it after he became a prophet? Defidixone, awon to fun e ni odu yen, Odu soga lo ye ki won ma pee! Tell me the period in the life of Muhammad and i will read it from the many seerah sources that i can get in a jiffy!

Muhammad lost his father before he was born, duh! So your statement was completely off the mark about his father and worship! Jews and Islam? hardly no commonality. Finally Ibrahiim was not a Jew, because he was a tribal man from Iraq, prior to his emigration. I am a Yoruba person, and I will die a Yoruba, regardless of which land I dies in! So Ibrahiim did not lose his ethnicity, even though the Jewish tribe is truly culled out from the Children of Judah, who was the son of Jacob, who was the son of Issac, who was the son of Ibrahiim. Now, tell me how can great great grandfather be from the ethicity of his great great grandson? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Those who use tesbr bead links to make their supplications may not be using it all the time. it is not a compulsory thing that they must use it. Even though I do not use it, but I have no opinion on it. I do not see it as a deviation from the part of true worship! Islam is progressive. Since it does help people to count correctly, since they have so much to count, then I think it makes it easy for them to accomplish their objectives.
Re: "really? You Don't Look/talk Like A Muslim O!" by dafidixone(m): 11:22am On Jan 16, 2008
You are just telling about the 'desert warrior,' who worshipped in Jewish and roman temples in his travels. Where were these Jewish and Roman temples located and what period in the life of the Young Muhammad did he do these travels? When he was a little boy under Abi Talib, his Uncle or when? Or is it the time he commanded the Commercial caravan of Khadijah? Or is there another time before he became a prophet or is it after he became a prophet? Defidixone, awon to fun e ni odu yen, Odu soga lo ye ki won ma pee! Tell me the period in the life of Muhammad and i will read it from the many seerah sources that i can get in a jiffy!

Muhammad lost his father before he was born, duh! So your statement was completely off the mark about his father and worship! Jews and Islam? hardly no commonality. Finally Ibrahiim was not a Jew, because he was a tribal man from Iraq, prior to his emigration. I am a Yoruba person, and I will die a Yoruba, regardless of which land I dies in! So Ibrahiim did not lose his ethnicity, even though the Jewish tribe is truly culled out from the Children of Judah, who was the son of Jacob, who was the son of Issac, who was the son of Ibrahiim. Now, tell me how can great great grandfather be from the ethicity of his great great grandson? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Those who use tesbr bead links to make their supplications may not be using it all the time. it is not a compulsory thing that they must use it. Even though I do not use it, but I have no opinion on it. I do not see it as a deviation from the part of true worship! Islam is progressive. Since it does help people to count correctly, since they have so much to count, then I think it makes it easy for them to accomplish their objectives.

I want you to know that Mohammed time was not far from History.

I am happy that even without me mentioning the time you knew. When mohammed was commanding the Carravan of Kahdijat. grin You are right.

Also there is a question I will like you to answer about Mohammed Father, was he a Muslim? What is his name? and what does his name mean?
expecting to hear from you.

(1) (Reply)

Psalm Have The Natural Power Against Your Problem. But / Born Again Christian Men Don't Cheat . . . / Yisraylite, How Come You Believe Dat D New Testament Is Fake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.