Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,001 members, 7,903,192 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 07:20 AM

Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America (178493 Views)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by gunners4u: 1:44pm On Nov 25, 2012
Dat my uncle in texas want me to come straight & he is booking d flight 4 me. Hope i can change d address @ POE
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 1:51pm On Nov 25, 2012
gunners4u: Dat my uncle in texas want me to come straight & he is booking d flight 4 me. Hope i can change d address @ POE

gunners4u I am talking from personal experience and from a friend's recent experience, if you change it @POE it may not reflect on NVC file that you have change your address, If your uncle can help you as fast as possible by Contacting USCIS may be helpful, I am not trying to scare you, you may also call your guy in Connecticut to help you secure it and post it to your recent address it all depends on trust.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by temmytanny(m): 1:58pm On Nov 25, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

gunners4u I am talking from personal experience and from a friend's recent experience, if you change it @POE it may not reflect on NVC file that you have change your address, If your uncle can help you as fast as possible by Contacting USCIS may be helpful, I am not trying to scare you, you may also call your guy in Connecticut to help you secure it and post it to your recent address it all depends on trust.
A word is enough for the wise

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by gunners4u: 2:13pm On Nov 25, 2012
Tanks bros. I will contact dem & tell me. Also i will inform my uncle in texas b4 i leave
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by temmytanny(m): 2:14pm On Nov 25, 2012
gunners4u: Tanks bros. I will contact dem & tell me. Also i will inform my uncle in texas b4 i leave
Better,just try to stay in Connecticut for 3weeks and get your GC and SSN ,you can now move to Texas.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by brightmon: 2:18pm On Nov 25, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

No, green card may only take 10 working days if you don't have any problem with your medicals with them, I am only talking about waiting period for your SSN.
Yes, Adesoji is right. You may have to wait for 21day b4 you appling for your SSN but it may vary from 1 state to another but am talking abt west of the states, that i know for sure.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by bobshina: 4:24pm On Nov 25, 2012
Thank God. I finally landed in America with my family yesterday & d xperience was so wonderful. We don't hav much problem at port of enty- JFK airport NY, we join d queue for immigrant and we are 2nd on d queue. I gave d Immig Officer our PP & d Yellow envelopes. She checked to see if we've tried to open d envelopes. Thereafter, she opened the envelopes one after the other. took our finger prints and snap us. she then inputs some info into the system and finally stamped our PP.She then took us into the main room where she led us to a man. she gave our forms(contents of d yellow envelopes) to d man and d man gave us a form to put our fingerprint on it and signed it. Everytin took us less than 15 minutes in d airport.
Note: D yellow envelopes should never be opened pls. It contains all ur documents u've already seen : form ds 230, original police report, medical report,and d fotocopy of ur birth cert or NPC cert. ur 3 2x2 pasports collectd from u during the interview at lag. so, its all what u've already seen.

Once again Thanks to this great forum for the wonderful info shared by every1 for d benefits of all of us. I'm proud to b a Nigerian. God Bless 9JA.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by bobshina: 4:25pm On Nov 25, 2012
Adesojiaderemi, gentiger, temmy and others : pls I wll like to stay in texas. I want to leave my family in NY for a while while I come to Texas for my stay preparations (jobs & affordable accommondation, ). I don’t know any1 there but as a 9ja I blv I can survive. Pls I need ur advices on how to make dis journey easiers---job seeking procedure, contacts of reasonable housing agents, likely cost of 1 room apartment, cheaper areas to stay etc…

Your responses will b grately appreciated.

Thank you all
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:51pm On Nov 25, 2012
bobshina: Adesojiaderemi, gentiger, temmy and others : pls I wll like to stay in texas. I want to leave my family in NY for a while while I come to Texas for my stay preparations (jobs & affordable accommondation, ). I don’t know any1 there but as a 9ja I blv I can survive. Pls I need ur advices on how to make dis journey easiers---job seeking procedure, contacts of reasonable housing agents, likely cost of 1 room apartment, cheaper areas to stay etc…

Thank you all

You are welcome bobshina, try to take some rest first eat and re-energize naa b4 you begin another exodus, however,I really like your passion and your love for your family but you need to get your green card and your SSN in order first.You also need to take a lead from your host first and let see what he/she can foster concerning job.Getting Accommodation here is not like naija o but I assure you will be ok soon.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by brightmon: 2:11am On Nov 26, 2012
bobshina: Adesojiaderemi, gentiger, temmy and others : pls I wll like to stay in texas. I want to leave my family in NY for a while while I come to Texas for my stay preparations (jobs & affordable accommondation, ). I don’t know any1 there but as a 9ja I blv I can survive. Pls I need ur advices on how to make dis journey easiers---job seeking procedure, contacts of reasonable housing agents, likely cost of 1 room apartment, cheaper areas to stay etc…

Thank you all
welcome bro, pls email me ohh.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by tosrich(m): 2:50am On Nov 26, 2012
bobshina:
Thank God. I finally landed in America with my family yesterday & d xperience was so wonderful. We don't hav much problem at port of enty- JFK airport NY, we join d queue for immigrant and we are 2nd on d queue. I gave d Immig Officer our PP & d Yellow envelopes. She checked to see if we've tried to open d envelopes. Thereafter, she opened the envelopes one after the other. took our finger prints and snap us. she then inputs some info into the system and finally stamped our PP.She then took us into the main room where she led us to a man. she gave our forms(contents of d yellow envelopes) to d man and d man gave us a form to put our fingerprint on it and signed it. Everytin took us less than 15 minutes in d airport.
Note: D yellow envelopes should never be opened pls. It contains all ur documents u've already seen : form ds 230, original police report, medical report,and d fotocopy of ur birth cert or NPC cert. ur 3 2x2 pasports collectd from u during the interview at lag. so, its all what u've already seen.

Once again Thanks to this great forum for the wonderful info shared by every1 for d benefits of all of us. I'm proud to b a Nigerian. God Bless 9JA.

WELCOME TO AMERICA.........................
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by nifty: 7:33am On Nov 26, 2012
@bobshina congrats after getting ur docs you can go to texas because new york wld be hell for you if you dont have good hosts.......to get a job in new york na wahala imagine them in new york telling me i have to wait atleast 4-5 mnths to get a job i was like WTF i moved down south richmond,virginia and in 2-3 weeks had two jobs already......the only job in new york are security jobs for a start............but down south more options for you
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by bobshina: 6:07pm On Nov 26, 2012
nifty: @bobshina congrats after getting ur docs you can go to texas because new york wld be hell for you if you dont have good hosts.......to get a job in new york na wahala imagine them in new york telling me i have to wait atleast 4-5 mnths to get a job i was like WTF i moved down south richmond,virginia and in 2-3 weeks had two jobs already......the only job in new york are security jobs for a start............but down south more options for you

Thanks for 4 d great info. i've applied 4 d ssn dis morning & ws told 2 xpect response in d next 10 days.

Thnks once more.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by bobshina: 6:11pm On Nov 26, 2012
nifty: @bobshina congrats after getting ur docs you can go to texas because new york wld be hell for you if you dont have good hosts.......to get a job in new york na wahala imagine them in new york telling me i have to wait atleast 4-5 mnths to get a job i was like WTF i moved down south richmond,virginia and in 2-3 weeks had two jobs already......the only job in new york are security jobs for a start............but down south more options for you

Thanks for 4 d great info. i've applied 4 d ssn dis morning & ws told 2 xpect response in d next 10 days. STILL WAITING......

Thnks once more.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by bobshina: 6:12pm On Nov 26, 2012
tosrich:

WELCOME TO AMERICA.........................

Thnks bro
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by gunners4u: 6:20pm On Nov 26, 2012
Wat of ur GC bros bobshina
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by bobshina: 6:36pm On Nov 26, 2012
gunners4u: Wat of ur GC bros bobshina

i was told at d airport by d officials to xpect it in d next 2-3 wks in our address.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by temmytanny(m): 7:46pm On Nov 26, 2012
bobshina:

Thanks for 4 d great info. i've applied 4 d ssn dis morning & ws told 2 xpect response in d next 10 days. STILL WAITING......

Thnks once more.
states differ unlike texas that i had to wait for 21days before applying
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Akmdv: 7:05pm On Nov 27, 2012
My congrats to every dv 2012 winners that ar now in usa. My medical expire 15th dec 2012 ,i av purchase ticket to new york tru qatar airline departin lagos 14:15pm on 6th dec 2012 arrive doha 20:45pm stop over there ,departin doha 7th dec 2012 @ 08:25am arrive jfk 14:15pm but my addres is califonia which my host had paid 4 our ticket frm jfk to los angeles califonia tru jet blue airways very cheap @ d rate of $124 * 2=$246 departin jfk 6:09pm arrivin lax 11:59pm. I want to knw if d medical expiration date near wil affect us or not. Secondily ar we submittin our yello envelope in new york or califonia. House i need ur responce asap.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by gunners4u: 7:47pm On Nov 27, 2012
Bros wen ar u issued ur visa
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by atseyi(m): 9:48pm On Nov 27, 2012
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 10:21pm On Nov 27, 2012
Akmdv: My congrats to every dv 2012 winners that ar now in usa. My medical expire 15th dec 2012 ,i av purchase ticket to new york tru qatar airline departin lagos 14:15pm on 6th dec 2012 arrive doha 20:45pm stop over there ,departin doha 7th dec 2012 @ 08:25am arrive jfk 14:15pm but my addres is califonia which my host had paid 4 our ticket frm jfk to los angeles califonia tru jet blue airways very cheap @ d rate of $124 * 2=$246 departin jfk 6:09pm arrivin lax 11:59pm. I want to knw if d medical expiration date near wil affect us or not. Secondily ar we submittin our yello envelope in new york or califonia. House i need ur responce asap.

Congratulations, your point of entry will be JFK since that is your first entrance to United state and your packet will be received and Stamped there.Jfk is immigrant friendly and you will never encounter delay or set back.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 10:33pm On Nov 27, 2012
atseyi: Temmy, adesoji,house... i need ur advice here! i want to rent an apartment for myself before arriving d state in dec as i have some delays with my host to wait till when its january when he will be ready to recieve me ,but do i need to change the address probably at the POE, how visible is this? or when i get to my new apartment in texas ,can i contact USCIS for change of address through their web site? thanks for ur advice...my consign is the GN..

atseyi, getting apartment requires your SSN and ID, except you got someone who can do that for you, Changing of address is not authomatic as you think, even if you change it at POE they may not effect it at NVC national Visa Centre, Nebraska.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Akmdv: 5:43am On Nov 28, 2012
Visa issue 26th september 2012, but medical was 15th june 2012,thus i had a problem concernin my chest xtray which the result was release september 15th 2012,while our first interview was schedule on 28th june 2012 ,then only my wife and baby was allow in 4 d interview ,interview could not b completd due to my incomplete medical @ children practice.medical result ready 15th september and we notify embassy whic we were reschedule again and lord perfectd it 25th sept 2012 visa pick up october 5th 2012, date issue is 26th sept 2012 laps 26th march 2012, but the black lady consular that gav us d visa pick up letter warns dat we must travel by dec due dat medical expire 15th dec 2012 while we ar travelling 6th dec 2012 and arriving us 7th dec 2012. Am now askin ar we save as d medical expiration date is a week to b expire. Ur responce house asap.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by jidex001(m): 6:22am On Nov 28, 2012
How are u all doing.
Please can someone explain better on how I will go about my transcript. The little understand I have it has to be transferred to world education system ( wes).

My question again. Will I be the one to transfer it or the sch. Presently I am an undergraduate of LASU or just express to me how the transcript package is begin run from A to Z.

Thanks
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:40am On Nov 28, 2012
Akmdv: Visa issue 26th september 2012, but medical was 15th june 2012,thus i had a problem concernin my chest xtray which the result was release september 15th 2012,while our first interview was schedule on 28th june 2012 ,then only my wife and baby was allow in 4 d interview ,interview could not b completd due to my incomplete medical @ children practice.medical result ready 15th september and we notify embassy whic we were reschedule again and lord perfectd it 25th sept 2012 visa pick up october 5th 2012, date issue is 26th sept 2012 laps 26th march 2012, but the black lady consular that gav us d visa pick up letter warns dat we must travel by dec due dat medical expire 15th dec 2012 while we ar travelling 6th dec 2012 and arriving us 7th dec 2012. Am now askin ar we save as d medical expiration date is a week to b expire. Ur responce house asap.

Your medical is in order if you travel as schedule, date and numbers are very important here since you still have a week to the deadline you will be ok.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:50am On Nov 28, 2012
jidex001: How are u all doing.
Please can someone explain better on how I will go about my transcript. The little understand I have it has to be transferred to world education system ( wes).

My question again. Will I be the one to transfer it or the sch. Presently I am an undergraduate of LASU or just express to me how the transcript package is begin run from A to Z.

Thanks

Check the "A-Z" here http://www.wes.org/fees/icap.asp
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by jidex001(m): 12:07pm On Nov 28, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

Thanks. I will go through it and get back to u
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by jidex001(m): 12:25pm On Nov 28, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

I have gone through it, I saw d chart from where we submit transcript to end and also to apply one will have to create an account.

In case of some sch that don't give transcript by hand. Which email will they send it to. I have searched site if I could get their email or telephone. So I can contact them but none only for language translation I found their.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by tosrich(m): 6:34am On Nov 29, 2012
jidex001:

I have gone through it, I saw d chart from where we submit transcript to end and also to apply one will have to create an account.

In case of some sch that don't give transcript by hand. Which email will they send it to. I have searched site if I could get their email or telephone. So I can contact them but none only for language translation I found their.

check this link .......http://www.wes.org/required/index.asp
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by jidex001(m): 7:40am On Nov 29, 2012
tosrich:

check this link .......http://www.wes.org/required/index.asp

nice one. i got it
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by gunners4u: 6:44pm On Nov 30, 2012
Pls house which state in usa has less cost of living, house rent, food & schooling

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (88) (Reply)

Lies Of Nigerians Living In America / Any Nairalander In Abidjan? / Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.