Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,491 members, 7,951,064 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 09:35 AM

Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America - Travel (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America (179607 Views)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ogbonlowob: 11:49pm On Apr 29, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

baba just like your name, wisdom is money o, the link I posted is not to condemn anybody but to shed more light on the issue, recently one of our friend on nairaland too was warned by immigration officer when he came back last month after 6 months in naija to make sure he starts working in United state before his residency clocks two years. The link also emphasized that there must be "a tie to United state" e.g a house, driver's license, bills etc to be a able to naturalize in the nearest future.

Thank you Baba! Read my last post... I dey learn too na! Ese gan sir!! But sorry, in this case above the person stayed more than 6 months. We are talking of less e.g. 5 months, 2 weeks. What do you think sir?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:52pm On Apr 29, 2013
ogbonlowob:
Sorry, didn't get that medical part well: did the wife's medical expire or was close to expiry? why did she have to do some physical b4 her green card was finally released? thanks.

Also Owobaba, you wrote above that your medical and visa expire same time: It is capital " IMPOSSIBLE". You did your medical a week or 2 before interview and so both visa and medical cannot expire at the same time.

in Texas, it expires after six months, but my friend was trying to prove that the letter says one year,they were forced to go for physicals at a designated hospital.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ogbonlowob: 11:54pm On Apr 29, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

in Texas, it expires after six months, but my friend was trying to prove that the letter says one year,they were forced to go for physicals at a designated hospital.

Ok! Noted sir...
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:57pm On Apr 29, 2013
ogbonlowob:

Thank you Baba! Read my last post... I dey learn too na! Ese gan sir!! But sorry, in this case above the person stayed more than 6 months. We are talking of less e.g. 5 months, 2 weeks. What do you think sir?

there is no problem even it is one year, but the issue is that you have to notify them and obtain re entry packet if you are going to be away for 7 months plus. But the more you stay outside United state the more you are far from becoming a citizen.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by owobabaisabella: 11:59pm On Apr 29, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

Sorry baba, I just came back from work.Yes there is no problem with that, my friend in Houston did same thing, he came down as Principal applicant get a job a house within three months and his wife and kids joined him later, but the issue of medical should be taking into consideration too, his wife was disturbed for the medical issue and was mandated to do some physical b4 her green card was finally released.

thanks my dear bro, how is work and family? hope fine...
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:02am On Apr 30, 2013
owobabaisabella:

thanks my dear bro, how is work and family? hope fine...

We are all good, thank you.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by owobabaisabella: 12:03am On Apr 30, 2013
ogbonlowob:
Sorry, didn't get that medical part well: did the wife's medical expire or was close to expiry? why did she have to do some physical b4 her green card was finally released? thanks.

Also Owobaba, you wrote above that your medical and visa expire same time: It is capital " IMPOSSIBLE". You did your medical a week or 2 before interview and so both visa and medical cannot expire at the same time.

@ ogbonlowob, my visa and medical expire the same day. In UK, ur visa started counting from the day u did ur medical, so that is how both expire the same day.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ogbonlowob: 12:10am On Apr 30, 2013
owobabaisabella:

@ ogbonlowob, my visa and medical expire the same day. In UK, ur visa started counting from the day u did ur medical, so that is how both expire the same day.
Sorry, I thought you were Nija based. I did not know that's how UK do their own thing. No yawa!
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ogbonlowob: 12:12am On Apr 30, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

there is no problem even it is one year, but the issue is that you have to notify them and obtain re entry packet if you are going to be away for 7 months plus. But the more you stay outside United state the more you are far from becoming a citizen.

Ok, I get you well now sir. Thanks so much for educating me and others!!
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by owobabaisabella: 12:12am On Apr 30, 2013
ogbonlowob:
Sorry, I thought you were Nija based. I did not know that's how UK do their own thing. No yawa!

It ok bros...
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by seal777(m): 6:12pm On Apr 30, 2013
owobabaisabella:

thnx seal77, of cos they will come in before their visa expire. The visa and medical expire the same day, my worry is that on their visa there is where it is written "valid only if Acc/FTJ spouse" that was why i asked if it wont be any problem @ the poe when am the first to come over.

If you re the principal applicant, you re good to go. The principal applicant comes in first and others can follow.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by seal777(m): 6:17pm On Apr 30, 2013
seal777: I Applied for SSN after 21 days as informed at the Social security office in Houston, Texas and got it within 5days but curiously my Green Card is yet to arrive after 30days.

Dont think this is usual, Wetin happen?.

Thanks people, just called immigration this morning only to be informed that they tried delievering my package on the 20th of april but couldnt and had to return it back to the post office. Now I know what happened, I have given them the correct address to resend same.

Thanks all.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by mogzy(m): 9:50pm On Apr 30, 2013
Temmy, Soji & Ogbon na money, thanks for all your contributions. I hope to get back by June and see if i could go and file for permit to stay away for about a year. thanks guys.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by temmytanny(m): 10:10pm On Apr 30, 2013
mogzy: Temmy, Soji & Ogbon na money, thanks for all your contributions. I hope to get back by June and see if i could go and file for permit to stay away for about a year. thanks guys.
All the best in your plans bro
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 2:38am On May 01, 2013
BOSTON STRONG

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 2:55am On May 01, 2013
South Station, New England's second-largest transportation center, located at the intersection of Atlantic Avenue and Summer Street in Dewey Square, Boston, Massachusetts, is the largest train station and intercity bus terminal in Greater Boston.

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 3:00am On May 01, 2013
[quote author=adesojiaderemi@]...
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by akaniman: 3:35am On May 01, 2013
@Mogzy hw ar u?wats was ur conclusion abt ur relocation now?I will like u to answer this question, last dec u said u are asked to come 4 anoder biometrics 0n d 3rd of jan,and u got ur green card Dec. Do u still go to their office as requested on 3rd of jan?wat was their response? I will apprc8t ur response pls.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by cenobs007(m): 9:49am On May 01, 2013
I have a New York address (my 1st host) on my Visa. i dont want 2 go there. Texas (my 2nd host) is where i hav decided 2 go & i hav Dallas Texas (1st billing address) & Edo State Nigeria (2nd billing address) as where i shall receive my GC. I am making plans 2 buy Texas ticket. Please is there any problem wit wot i hv explained?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 12:05pm On May 01, 2013
loconzo00:

Thanks for the above post back in January. I am currently moving to South Carolina.I am currently a certified QA tester but also interested in SAP and EPIC.
I will appreciate so much if you can link me up in the areas of QA job since thats where i'm presently certified and possibly training opportunity for EPIC and SAP.

@Loco

Pls, provide your email address so that i can send a mail to you
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by cenobs007(m): 12:13pm On May 01, 2013
Imcool: GLORY BE TO GOD! IT'S TRULY THE LORD'S DOING AND IT'S MARVELLOUS IN MY SIGHT. I & wifey left naija via EMIRATES on thursday, 28/04 for Houston. Our flight was scheduled to take off by 8:50pm but took of by 10:30pm cuz d air conditioning unit was not working well and had to be fixed. It was 7hrs journey to Dubai so we arrived Dubai by 8:30am local time on friday 19/04. We missed our connecting flight cuz of d delay in naija and our visas were stamped on transit while our appointment was scheduled for d next day since EMIRATES only fly from Dubai to Houston once in a day. EMIRATES also offered us free transportation, free hotel accommodation, free phone call and meal tickets @MILLENIUM HOTEL- a world class hotel in Dubai. We left Dubai by 9:05 local time on saturday, 20/04 and arrived Houston by 4:30 local time on saturday, 20/04. We went thru all necessary security checks and was was admitted into d US of A. Thanks be to ALMIGHTY GOD and to all of u cuz without u, this great dream of ours wouldn't av been a reality. I'm also sorry for updating u late, i've been really down cuz of d stress and i'm recently trying to get back on my feet. AMERICA- LAND OF OPPORTUNITY, HERE COME IMCOOL!

CONGRATULATIONS. Glory and Honor be un2 God Almighty.
I intend buying Emirate ticket 2 Texas as well. Since i decide going 2 Texas (2nd host), I filled Texas & Nigeria as 1st & 2nd billing addresses 4 my GC application form. Even as New York (1st host) address is on my Visa, will dis bring any issue?
Your RESPONSE will b appreciated, pls
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 12:20pm On May 01, 2013
owobabaisabella:

@owobaba

I dont think the statement above is right.

I did my interview in London too. Thinking about it now, i did my medical and interview in November (21st)but i was asked to mail my passport to the embassy whenever i have a Nigeria police report ( the visa was approved but no physical evidence on my passport ). I mailed the passport to them 3 months after (January of the following year) and my passport with the visa was send back to me 3 days after (23/01). I did not travel to US till 10days before my visa expire (13/07)

So, i dont think your visa clock start counting on the same day that you did your medical. Because my medical was 3 month older than my visa ( i need to re-check my paper work again regarding my medical). Also, my POE was Philly and it was smooth sailing
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Imcool(m): 12:35pm On May 01, 2013
cenobs007:

CONGRATULATIONS. Glory and Honor be un2 God Almighty.
I intend buying Emirate ticket 2 Texas as well. Since i decide going 2 Texas (2nd host), I filled Texas & Nigeria as 1st & 2nd billing addresses 4 my GC application form. Even as New York (1st host) address is on my Visa, will dis bring any issue?
Your RESPONSE will b appreciated, pls
Nope... It's not an issue... U only need to change ur host's address @ ur POE cuz d address is where ur green card and other document are gonna be mailed to. Hope this helps.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by owobabaisabella: 3:18pm On May 01, 2013
alutaa:

@owobaba

I dont think the statement above is right.

I did my interview in London too. Thinking about it now, i did my medical and interview in November (21st)but i was asked to mail my passport to the embassy whenever i have a Nigeria police report ( the visa was approved but no physical evidence on my passport ). I mailed the passport to them 3 months after (January of the following year) and my passport with the visa was send back to me 3 days after (23/01). I did not travel to US till 10days before my visa expire (13/07)

So, i dont think your visa clock start counting on the same day that you did your medical. Because my medical was 3 month older than my visa ( i need to re-check my paper work again regarding my medical). Also, my POE was Philly and it was smooth sailing

@alutaa,

Which year was that? Because, for this year that was how the embassy have been granting the visa with medical expiring on the same day. My friend goldfish4u, who did his medical in Jan this year n interview in Feb,also have his visa expiring the same day with his medical. Bro, you know they always change some of the way they do things.

Please, am also a software tester too n will need your help about it when I come over. This is my e-mail address: olamurphyola@Google mail.com will be expecting to hear from you soon.

Cheers.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 3:55pm On May 01, 2013
owobabaisabella:

@alutaa,

Which year was that? Because, for this year that was how the embassy have been granting the visa with medical expiring on the same day. My friend goldfish4u, who did his medical in Jan this year n interview in Feb,also have his visa expiring the same day with his medical. Bro, you know they always change some of the way they do things.

Please, am also a software tester too n will need your help about it when I come over. This is my e-mail address: olamurphyola@Google mail.com will be expecting to hear from you soon.

Cheers.

OK..............guess u are right. I did mine about 3 years ago.

Holla via the forum when you are in the State. In the mean time, you can also look at SAP GRC (there are other lucrative areas of specialization too that are not SAP too - dont restrict yourself). Similar to Software testing too. Educate yourself in your area of specialization as as much as you can. One will definitely find a way/break through over here. But, we need to be ready when the opportunities knock
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by owobabaisabella: 4:09pm On May 01, 2013
alutaa:

OK..............guess u are right. I did mine about 3 years ago.

Holla via the forum when you are in the State. In the mean time, you can also look at SAP GRC (there are other lucrative areas of specialization too that are not SAP too - dont restrict yourself). Similar to Software testing too. Educate yourself in your area of specialization as as much as you can. One will definitely find a way/break through over here. But, we need to be ready when the opportunities knock

Ok, will surely holla at u when am in the State. Thanks so much for this word of encouragement, God will bless us all IJN, AMEN.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by mogzy(m): 10:21pm On May 01, 2013
akaniman: @Mogzy hw ar u?wats was ur conclusion abt ur relocation now?I will like u to answer this question, last dec u said u are asked to come 4 anoder biometrics 0n d 3rd of jan,and u got ur green card Dec. Do u still go to their office as requested on 3rd of jan?wat was their response? I will apprc8t ur response pls.

Yes, I had to reschedule my flight bound for dec '12 to meet up with the biometric. I was there at the appointed time and left after 20 minutes, filled a form with the normal biodata and finger prints were taken...dass all(oga@dtop).
I asked the Lady d purpose for dat and she said no idea, that perhaps they were just trying to straighten out my details.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by opeyemayomide(f): 3:18am On May 02, 2013
k
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by temmytanny(m): 4:48am On May 02, 2013
opeyemayomide: @Adesojiaderemi/temmytanny

I have posted this in DV2014 thread. I need your help with my request.

Hello Guys. I have been selected for futher processing

@experts/experienced winners
I need confirmation for the following questions:
Only documents required to be sent to KCC are DSP-122, DS-230 and passport photographs?
Non of the required documents like Birth Cert, Police Report should be sent to KCC at this point?
NPC Attestation is sufficient for those born in the '70s?
Is Court Affidavit required for loss of Birth Cert?
Can Police Report be obtained by proxy? (not in Naija presently)
What other information do I need to start the processing now?

Thanks as you provide answers to my humble request

[b]Only documents required to be sent to KCC are DSP-122, DS-230 and passport photographs? YES
Non of the required documents like Birth Cert, Police Report should be sent to KCC at this point?YES
NPC Attestation is sufficient for those born in the '70s? YES
Is Court Affidavit required for loss of Birth Cert?YOU MAY NEED IT TO GET NPC CERTIFICATE
Can Police Report be obtained by proxy? (not in Naija presently).i DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT THAT
What other information do I need to start the processing now?[/b]NONE FOR NOW,YOU CURRENT NUMBER WILL DETERMINE WEN TO HAVE INTERVIEW.

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by opeyemayomide(f): 5:10am On May 02, 2013
o
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:27pm On May 02, 2013
Your Social Security number is the key to your financial castle. Armed with those precious nine digits, identity thieves can rip off your good name and credit to set up new accounts and loans or rob your existing accounts.

High-tech schemes to steal your "Social" use deceptive phishing emails, spyware or keystroke software that copy your passwords for online banking or other accounts. Low-tech methods include stealing wallets and dumpster-diving for unshredded bank statements.

No matter how crooks get your number, the turmoil they will spin into your life could take you months and thousands of dollars to resolve. In 2010, 8.6 million U.S. households were touched by identity theft and lost $13.3 billion as a result, according to a Bureau of Justice Statistics survey.

"Of any piece of personal information, the Social Security number is the most critical to safeguard," says Lisa Schifferle, an attorney in the Federal Trade Commission's Division of Privacy and Identity Protection. "It's the golden ticket to identity theft," she says, adding that government watchdogs field more complaints about identity theft than anything else.
to be cntd..
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:30pm On May 02, 2013
opeyemayomide: @Adesojiaderemi/temmytanny

I have posted this in DV2014 thread. I need your help with my request.

Hello Guys. I have been selected for futher processing

@experts/experienced winners
I need confirmation for the following questions:
Only documents required to be sent to KCC are DSP-122, DS-230 and passport photographs?
Non of the required documents like Birth Cert, Police Report should be sent to KCC at this point?
NPC Attestation is sufficient for those born in the '70s?
Is Court Affidavit required for loss of Birth Cert?
Can Police Report be obtained by proxy? (not in Naija presently)
What other information do I need to start the processing now?

Thanks as you provide answers to my humble request

Please ensure you fill the forms appropriately.

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (88) (Reply)

Lies Of Nigerians Living In America / Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here / Any Nairalander In Abidjan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.