Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,744 members, 7,948,732 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 09:23 AM

Osun To Create 27 Local Governments - Aregbesola - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun To Create 27 Local Governments - Aregbesola (13729 Views)

Boko Haram Controls 20 Out Of The 27 Local Government Area In Borno State / How Aregbesola Turned Osun To A Construction Site / Gov. Okorocha Sacks 27 Local Government Chairmen In Imo State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Osun To Create 27 Local Governments - Aregbesola by ektbear: 8:14pm On Sep 28, 2012
Indeed. Property taxes....homes, office buildings, privately owned land, etc taxed. This money is then used to pay for schools, county police, etc.

It was through the property taxes that my parents paid that I went to school.
Re: Osun To Create 27 Local Governments - Aregbesola by asha80(m): 8:20pm On Sep 28, 2012
ekt_bear: Indeed. Property taxes....homes, office buildings, privately owned land, etc taxed. This money is then used to pay for schools, county police, etc.

It was through the property taxes that my parents paid that I went to school.

privately owned land .i am not sure that is done in nigeria.i have always wanted to know how the federalism in america works.which level of governmet collects personal income taxes and company taxes?

GAR3TH:

Taxes

thanx
Re: Osun To Create 27 Local Governments - Aregbesola by ektbear: 8:44pm On Sep 28, 2012
Of course. Privately owned land is taxed too.

How can it not be taxed? Doesn't the government provide services? Road to connect that land to civilization?

Schools for the owner of that land and his family? Security?

The money from that has to come from somewhere. Democracy and well-functioning society are not just about rights, but about responsibilities.

Part of your responsibility is to pay your tax.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Iara Oshiomhole Launches Project Focus IDP Skills Acquisition (photos) / APC Is Notorious For Lies, Says Ayade / EFCC Begins Probe Of APC, PDP Officials For Money Laundering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.