Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,961 members, 7,946,159 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 01:37 PM

Does 'Jesus' Believe In Human Equality? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does 'Jesus' Believe In Human Equality? (2499 Views)

Does Jesus Have 23 Chromosomes? / Can A Born Again Christian Be Psychic / What Does Jesus Say About Psychics? / What Body Does Jesus Have In Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does 'Jesus' Believe In Human Equality? by Rossikk(m): 12:03am On Sep 27, 2012
THUS SAYS THE (CHRISTIAN) 'LORD':

Matthew 10:24

"A student is not greater than the teacher. A slave is not greater than the master."

Ephesians 6:5 NLT

''Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ.''

Discuss.
Re: Does 'Jesus' Believe In Human Equality? by Nobody: 12:29am On Sep 27, 2012
Rossikk: THUS SAYS THE (CHRISTIAN) 'LORD':

"A student is not greater than the teacher. A slave is not greater than the master."

''Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ.''

Discuss.
SERVING SOMEONE DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE BELOW THEM. IN LIFE THERE HAS TO BE A WORKER AND A LEADER ALL BASED ON MUTUAL RESPECT OF COURSE. THATS YOUR EGO ASKING THIS QUESTION NOT YOU.
Re: Does 'Jesus' Believe In Human Equality? by Rossikk(m): 12:35am On Sep 27, 2012
obadiah777: SERVING SOMEONE DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE BELOW THEM. IN LIFE THERE HAS TO BE A WORKER AND A LEADER ALL BASED ON MUTUAL RESPECT OF COURSE. THATS YOUR EGO ASKING THIS QUESTION NOT YOU.

You are putting your own spin on the clear statements made by 'Jesus' and friends.

'Jesus' says: ''A slave is not greater than the master''

You say: ''Serving someone does not mean you are below them''

Do you realise you've just 'sinned' by contradicting your 'Lord'?
Re: Does 'Jesus' Believe In Human Equality? by Nobody: 12:39am On Sep 27, 2012
Rossikk:

You are putting your own slant on the clear statements made by 'Jesus' and his friends.

YOU ARE USING YOUR CARNAL MIND TO INTERPRET SCRIPTURE. FIRST OF ALL THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN FOLLOWING THE LORD IS HUMILITY. CHRIST WASHED THE FEET OF HIS DISCIPLES, DOES THAT MEAN HE IS BELOW THEM ? YOU ARE TOO CARNAL TO UNDERSTAND SCRIPTURES. STICK TO HARRY PORTER AND WHATNOT
Re: Does 'Jesus' Believe In Human Equality? by Rossikk(m): 12:45am On Sep 27, 2012
obadiah777: YOU ARE USING YOUR CARNAL MIND TO INTERPRET SCRIPTURE.

Err no. I only used my brain.

FIRST OF ALL THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN FOLLOWING THE LORD IS HUMILITY.

Aah... Put the brain to one side then.. I get it.

CHRIST WASHED THE FEET OF HIS DISCIPLES, DOES THAT MEAN HE IS BELOW THEM?

Not if he wasn't their slave. But if he was, he would have been below them. Afterall he said so himself.

YOU ARE TOO CARNAL TO UNDERSTAND SCRIPTURES. STICK TO HARRY PORTER AND WHATNOT

And you're too brainwashed and dumb to partake of this thread, so stick to your fairytale world of flying saviours and virgin mothers.
Re: Does 'Jesus' Believe In Human Equality? by Nobody: 12:51am On Sep 27, 2012
Rossikk:

Err no. I only used my brain.

Aah... Put the brain to one side then.. I get it.

Not if he wasn't their slave. But if he was, he would have been below them. Afterall he said so himself.

And you're too brainwashed and dumb to partake of this thread, so stick to your fairytale world of flying saviours and virgin mothers.
OH YE SIMPLE ONES HOW LONG WILL YE LOVE SIMPLICITY ?
Re: Does 'Jesus' Believe In Human Equality? by Rossikk(m): 2:32am On Sep 27, 2012
^^^ You're the simple one.

Definition of simple. (Take your pick)

a. Having or manifesting little sense or intelligence.
b. Uneducated; ignorant.
c. Unworldly or unsophisticated.
d. fool; a simpleton.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/simple
Re: Does 'Jesus' Believe In Human Equality? by k2039: 2:42am On Sep 27, 2012
[size=18pt]" The ground is level at the foot of the Cross".We are all equal in the eyes of God.

For examply, the man is commanded to be the head of the family and the wife is to be submissive to that authority. That doesn't make her any less important. It just means they have different roles.

Matthew 10:24.
It definitely doesn't mean a master is of higher nature or essence to his servant.I believe it is speaking of Authority. A master is obviously higher than a servant in authority.

[/size]
Re: Does 'Jesus' Believe In Human Equality? by okeyxyz(m): 9:11am On Sep 27, 2012
Rossikk: THUS SAYS THE (CHRISTIAN) 'LORD':

So what are you saying? Are these principles wrong? Do you have a better principle? If you do, then please share them, then maybe we can learn how christian doctrine is faulty. I personally don't see anything wrong with them. So please educate me otherwise.
Re: Does 'Jesus' Believe In Human Equality? by MacDaddy01: 9:27am On Sep 27, 2012
okeyxyz:

So what are you saying? Are these principles wrong? Do you have a better principle? If you do, then please share them, then maybe we can learn how christian doctrine is faulty. I personally don't see anything wrong with them. So please educate me otherwise.

Heardof human rights, equality and abolishment of slave trade
Re: Does 'Jesus' Believe In Human Equality? by Jenwitemi(m): 9:57am On Sep 27, 2012
Can Jesus be referred to as a SLAVE? Show it to us here where he was referred to as one. Is a person called A SLAVE equal to another person referred to as a SLAVE MASTER?
obadiah777: YOU ARE USING YOUR CARNAL MIND TO INTERPRET SCRIPTURE. FIRST OF ALL THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN FOLLOWING THE LORD IS HUMILITY. CHRIST WASHED THE FEET OF HIS DISCIPLES, DOES THAT MEAN HE IS BELOW THEM ? YOU ARE TOO CARNAL TO UNDERSTAND SCRIPTURES. STICK TO HARRY PORTER AND WHATNOT
Re: Does 'Jesus' Believe In Human Equality? by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 27, 2012
Jenwitemi: Can Jesus be referred to as a SLAVE? Show it to us here where he was referred to as one. Is a person called A SLAVE equal to another person referred to as a SLAVE MASTER?
ETYMOLOGY OF WORDS. SLAVE SIMPLY MEANS 'HOUSEBOY'. IT IS A JOB DESCRIPTION. AT LEAST IT WAS TILL THE NAME GOT A BAD RAP AFTER THE TRANS-ATLANTIC SLAVERY.
Re: Does 'Jesus' Believe In Human Equality? by Nobody: 10:12am On Sep 27, 2012
Rossikk: ^^^ You're the simple one.

Definition of simple. (Take your pick)

a. Having or manifesting little sense or intelligence.
b. Uneducated; ignorant.
c. Unworldly or unsophisticated.
d. fool; a simpleton.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/simple
THIS AINT YOUR STOMPING GROUND FOOL. OUT HERE IN THESE JUNGLES, BIBLE SCHOLARS WILL EAT YOU FOR BREAKFAST AND WASH YOU DOWN WITH PALMWINE. YOU BETTER RETURN TO THE POLITRICKS SECTION WITH THAT BULLSHYTTT. WE DONT PLAY THAT SHYTT HERE. IF YOU WANT TO COME YOU BETTER COME HARDER THAN THAT LAME DENIGRATION OF YAHAWAH. WE ARE GANG-BANGERS OUT HERE, FOR YAHAWAH THAT IS angry grin
Re: Does 'Jesus' Believe In Human Equality? by MacDaddy01: 10:36am On Sep 27, 2012
obadiah777: THIS AINT YOUR STOMPING GROUND FOOL. OUT HERE IN THESE JUNGLES, BIBLE SCHOLARS WILL EAT YOU FOR BREAKFAST AND WASH YOU DOWN WITH PALMWINE. YOU BETTER RETURN TO THE POLITRICKS SECTION WITH THAT BULLSHYTTT. WE DONT PLAY THAT SHYTT HERE. IF YOU WANT TO COME YOU BETTER COME HARDER THAN THAT LAME DENIGRATION OF YAHAWAH. WE ARE GANG-BANGERS OUT HERE, FOR YAHAWAH THAT IS angry grin

Where was this macho man toughness when logicbo was in his prime? sad
Re: Does 'Jesus' Believe In Human Equality? by okeyxyz(m): 10:40am On Sep 27, 2012
MacDaddy01:
Heardof human rights, equality and abolishment of slave trade

Ohh Right!!!! The modern-day "Mantras". So what parts of the given statements/principles are against human-rights and equality? And just for the sake of critical, objective discussion(if you can manage that), can you explain how slavery is unacceptable to you, and how you would deal with it if you find yourself in an institution/society where it is legal and the norm?
Re: Does 'Jesus' Believe In Human Equality? by ijawkid(m): 10:45am On Sep 27, 2012
Jenwitemi: Can Jesus be referred to as a SLAVE? Show it to us here where he was referred to as one. Is a person called A SLAVE equal to another person referred to as a SLAVE MASTER?

Yes Jesus was and is a slave....

But slave of who??

##New International Version (©1984)
The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God
of our fathers, has glorified his ""servant"" Jesus.
You handed him over to be killed, and you
disowned him before Pilate, though he had
decided to let him go.
##New Living Translation (©2007)
For it is the God of Abraham, Isaac, and
Jacob--the God of all our ancestors--who has
brought glory to his ""servant"" Jesus by doing
this. This is the same Jesus whom you handed
over and rejected before Pilate, despite
Pilate's decision to release him.
Re: Does 'Jesus' Believe In Human Equality? by MacDaddy01: 10:49am On Sep 27, 2012
okeyxyz:

Ohh Right!!!! The modern-day "Mantras". So what parts of the given statements/principles are against human-rights and equality? And just for the sake of critical, objective discussion(if you can manage that), can you explain how slavery is unacceptable to you, and how you would deal with it if you find yourself in an institution/society where it is legal and the norm?

Slavery is already illegal. Has Mr Anony been lecturing you guys on how to switch the focus of an argument?

"slaves obey your masters". If that is not a clear support of slavery, I dont know what is.

Now, a dishonest apologist like you would say that slavery in the biblical times was only servitute/"houseboyship". That is laughable because we know that slavery in the bible was worse. Slaves built temples and synagogues. The slaves where whipped (Read about how moses killed a slave master). Slaves were beaten. Slaves were also pierced at the will of their masters.

We have God enforcing slavery, telling moses and the jews to get slaves from the nations around them.

Jesus was also racist to the Canaanite woman whom he refused at first to heal her daughter. Futhermore, he referred to her and her people as dogs that did not need the bread of life that the holy father was giving his children of Isreal. The woman had to beg and say that even dogs eat the crumbs!

Jesus of all people behaving unfair and treating jews better than canaanites. Just replace "jew" with british and canaanites with Nigerian and you willsee people shouting racism. Brainwashed christians will excuse racism for Jesus
Re: Does 'Jesus' Believe In Human Equality? by Nobody: 10:49am On Sep 27, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Where was this macho man toughness when logicbo was in his prime? sad
YOU WERE NEVER A CONTENDER wink
Re: Does 'Jesus' Believe In Human Equality? by MacDaddy01: 10:51am On Sep 27, 2012
obadiah777: YOU WERE NEVER A CONTENDER wink

I was and still am the undefeated heavyweight. cool cool
Re: Does 'Jesus' Believe In Human Equality? by okeyxyz(m): 10:51am On Sep 27, 2012
obadiah777: ETYMOLOGY OF WORDS. SLAVE SIMPLY MEANS 'HOUSEBOY'. IT IS A JOB DESCRIPTION. AT LEAST IT WAS TILL THE NAME GOT A BAD RAP AFTER THE TRANS-ATLANTIC SLAVERY.

Well spoken. Isn't it funny how the so-called "atheists" and anti-christian warriors just spin the issue of slavery out of context, yet they claim to be objective\scientific observers, but somehow they forget how to "observe" the practices of 2000 years with respect to the values of the times.
Re: Does 'Jesus' Believe In Human Equality? by Nobody: 11:03am On Sep 27, 2012
MacDaddy01:

I was and still am the undefeated heavyweight. cool cool

NOT TO ME YOU AINT. I HAVE NOT MET ANY ATHEIST CONTENDERS YET. I AM STILL WAITING.
Re: Does 'Jesus' Believe In Human Equality? by Nobody: 11:06am On Sep 27, 2012
okeyxyz:

Well spoken. Isn't it funny how the so-called "atheists" and anti-christian warriors just spin the issue of slavery out of context, yet they claim to be objective\scientific observers, but somehow they forget how to "observe" the practices of 2000 years with respect to the values of the times.
YOU CANT COUNT ON ATHEISTS TO BE WORKING WITH A FULL DECK OF CARDS. THEY ARE USUALLY A COUPLE OF LETTUCE SHORT OF A SAMMICH grin . THESE FOOLS ARE NOT WORKING WITH A FULL DECK OF CARDS. 'OBJECTIVITY' IS NOT THEIR STRONG POINT NEITHER
Re: Does 'Jesus' Believe In Human Equality? by okeyxyz(m): 11:09am On Sep 27, 2012
MacDaddy01:
Slavery is already illegal. Has Mr Anony been lecturing you guys on how to switch the focus of an argument?

"slaves obey your masters". If that is not a clear support of slavery, I dont know what is.

Frankly I'm amazed at how you can so easily fail to understand a simple question as this:
okeyxyz: can you explain how slavery is unacceptable to you, and how you would deal with it if you find yourself in an institution/society where it is legal and the norm?
Now if this question is so too hard a matter for you to analyse, then you and I probably cannot have any meaningful discussion on the issue of slavery and we should just stop now, until you show that you can address my question.

MacDaddy01:
Now, a dishonest apologist like you would say that slavery in the biblical times was only servitute/"houseboyship". That is laughable because we know that slavery in the bible was worse. Slaves built temples and synagogues. The slaves where whipped (Read about how moses killed a slave master). Slaves were beaten. Slaves were also pierced at the will of their masters.

Again, you demonstrate the lack of skill in engaging in a debate\discussion. You launch an attack on a position which i have neither supported nor suggested/implied. Really, there's just no point of me attending to with your "rants" until you address my question. So i'm just gonna ignore the rest of your post below.

MacDaddy01:
We have God enforcing slavery, telling moses and the jews to get slaves from the nations around them.

Jesus was also racist to the Canaanite woman whom he refused at first to heal her daughter. Futhermore, he referred to her and her people as dogs that did not need the bread of life that the holy father was giving his children of Isreal. The woman had to beg and say that even dogs eat the crumbs!

Jesus of all people behaving unfair and treating jews better than canaanites. Just replace "jew" with british and canaanites with Nigerian and you willsee people shouting racism. Brainwashed christians will excuse racism for Jesus
Re: Does 'Jesus' Believe In Human Equality? by MacDaddy01: 11:18am On Sep 27, 2012
okeyxyz:

lol......slavery is supported by the bible. Wasnt it the European christians that used the bible to justify slavery in the first place? Were they atheists?

1 Like

Re: Does 'Jesus' Believe In Human Equality? by MacDaddy01: 11:19am On Sep 27, 2012
okeyxyz:

Frankly I'm amazed at how you can so easily fail to understand a simple question as this:
Now if this question is so too hard a matter for you to analyse, then you and I probably cannot have any meaningful discussion on the issue of slavery and we should just stop now, until you show that you can address my question.

Again, you demonstrate the lack of skill in engaging in a debate\discussion. You launch an attack on a position which i have neither supported nor suggested/implied. Really, there's just no point of me attending to with your "rants" until you address my question. So i'm just gonna ignore the rest of your post below.

I did not answer your question because it was stupid. Why would you ask what is wrong with slavery? Should we now be asking what is wrong with ra.pe?

1 Like

Re: Does 'Jesus' Believe In Human Equality? by Rossikk(m): 11:35pm On Sep 27, 2012
Bible Family Values 101

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment. (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

In short: A man can buy as many sex slaves as he wants as long as he feeds them, clothes them, and screws them!

What does the Bible say about beating slaves? It says you can beat both male and female slaves with a rod so hard that as long as they don't die right away you are cleared of any wrong doing.

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

2 Likes

Re: Does 'Jesus' Believe In Human Equality? by Rossikk(m): 11:36pm On Sep 27, 2012
Jewish god supports Racism, Discrimination and Slavery:

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

People actually accept that an omnipotent, perfect creator of the Universe gave these instructions?

So, if this is the work of a perfect God, which work is left for Satan then?

2 Likes

Re: Does 'Jesus' Believe In Human Equality? by Rossikk(m): 9:37pm On Sep 28, 2012
MacDaddy01:

I did not answer your question because it was stupid. Why would you ask what is wrong with slavery? Should we now be asking what is wrong with ra.pe?

I wonder o.
Re: Does 'Jesus' Believe In Human Equality? by UyiIredia(m): 8:05pm On Sep 29, 2012
Rossikk:

You are putting your own spin on the clear statements made by 'Jesus' and friends.

He didn't contradict anything. Jesus said: 'A slave is not greater than his master.' not 'A slave is not equal to his master.' You would do well to note the bolded and read properly before making statements on the Bible.
Re: Does 'Jesus' Believe In Human Equality? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Sep 29, 2012
Rossikk: Bible Family Values 101

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment. (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

In short: A man can buy as many sex slaves as he wants as long as he feeds them, clothes them, and screws them!

What does the Bible say about beating slaves? It says you can beat both male and female slaves with a rod so hard that as long as they don't die right away you are cleared of any wrong doing.

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

I can't shout! shocked shocked shocked. In the bible for real? shocked
Re: Does 'Jesus' Believe In Human Equality? by Rossikk(m): 9:51pm On Sep 29, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

He didn't contradict anything. Jesus said: 'A slave is not greater than his master.' not 'A slave is not equal to his master.' You would do well to note the bolded and read properly before making statements on the Bible.
Spare us your crapsticks. Nobody here is stup.id. Why didn't 'Jesus' say ''a master is not greater than his slave'' , since you're implying he believed in equality? What about his other references to slavery and the beating of slaves by their masters? What about the new testament order given to slaves to ''obey your masters''?? HOW DO YOU WANT TO SPIN THAT?? DO YOU REALISE THAT SLAVERY IS EVIL OR ARE YOU TOO BRAINWASHED TO SEE EVEN THAT?
Re: Does 'Jesus' Believe In Human Equality? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Sep 29, 2012
obadiah777: SERVING SOMEONE DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE BELOW THEM. IN LIFE THERE HAS TO BE A WORKER AND A LEADER ALL BASED ON MUTUAL RESPECT OF COURSE. THATS YOUR EGO ASKING THIS QUESTION NOT YOU.

would you like to be my slave?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Thou Shall Laugh / ANSWERING CRITICS (Christianity Not The Same As Mithraism) / Faith Healing:Does It Work?Come In And Share Your Experience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.