Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,777 members, 7,969,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 02:20 AM

There Is No Money To Be Made Online (final Fullstop) - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / There Is No Money To Be Made Online (final Fullstop) (4087 Views)

Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! / Businesses You Can Start With Little Or No Money / Bank Accounts And People You Don't Wanna Send Money To - Part 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Is No Money To Be Made Online (final Fullstop) by franel79(m): 4:32pm On Sep 28, 2012
girlhustle: So this post is a failed attempt at marketing?
I'll say you probably need a lot of help selling whatever you are selling! *smh* undecided
I never intended marketing or selling anything.
Re: There Is No Money To Be Made Online (final Fullstop) by naira4ever(m): 5:25pm On Sep 28, 2012
girlhustle: So this post is a failed attempt at marketing?
I'll say you probably need a lot of help selling whatever you are selling! *smh* undecided

You are damn right, man.
The topic of his post does not corroborate his assertion or what he initially has in mind. it is like some1 that wants to sell rice (or any food) and also wants to teach pple how to prepare/cook rice. But the topic ot the lesson is 'There is no nutrients value in eating rice'. Tell me how pple will go for your reasoning.
The truth is have a product to sell or a service to render in exchange for money, good presentation (may be website) and a strong marketing skills. Heaven is d limit. Before one could start earning big, as i said earlier you need to start small, before you know it (it may take months or years) you are in money either offline or online business, the principles of making money are the same.

2 Likes

Re: There Is No Money To Be Made Online (final Fullstop) by arbitrage: 5:35pm On Sep 28, 2012
Bill Gates said if your business is not online (on the web), you are not in business. Simple!
Re: There Is No Money To Be Made Online (final Fullstop) by Krucifax(m): 11:22pm On Sep 28, 2012
[b][/b]I don't want to sound pedantic but when you say "ONLINE" can you be a bit specific?

1.Do you mean owning an e-commerce website online?
2.Do you mean selling via online markets? (Ebay,Gumtree,Amazon,Alibaba)

On point 2 there's lots of money to be made,as long as you have in demand goods and have a low-cost supplier.
On point 1 you may have a point and i'll use the analogy of Seun (Nairaland) and Linda (Lindaikeji.com).
It's very hard to monetise a web platform whose primary purpose is not based on commerce. However there is a way round this if albeit a difficult one. According to Linda Ikeji herself her blog site only became profitable 2 years ago after all the years she was online. She even admits that when approached by a company looking to place ads she did not know industry going rates!!
My point being prior to 2 years ago she was not very clever. She should have pound the beat,by knocking on corporate doors seeking ad space renters,who would only respond if you can prove you have massive traffic and visitors who fit a market segment of individuals that would normally patronise their(companies) goods and services.

Anyways Linda Ikeji is now making based on my rough calculations (8 x N500,000 ) + (1 x N1,000,000)= per month on ads!!

Seun (Nairaland) suffers from a similar problem. The irony being that Seun(Nairaland) should be making far more money on paper than Linda Ikeji. Let me explain. According to the alogarithms and statistics website URLspy.co.uk
Nairaland =
Monthly pages viewed = 45,654,840
Monthly visits =7,484,400
Conutry rank = 10th in Nigeria

Linda Ikeji =
Monthly pages viewed =3,569,171
Monthly visits = 1,691,550
Country rank = 40th Nigeria

I don't know Seun's earnings but i'd wager they are less than Linda Ikeji's which when you look at it is not so much of a paradox but immatur biz tactics(no insult intended). If i had the money i'd buy nairaland and be a multimillionaire inside 3 years.

So in summary there is money to be made it depends on your delivery and more importantly your product!!

[quote author=franel79]There is no money to be made online and I have my reasons for saying so. If you think differently, you are very free to speak out.[/quote

1 Like

Re: There Is No Money To Be Made Online (final Fullstop) by bigx(m): 4:34am On Sep 29, 2012
franel79: There is no money to be made online and I have my reasons for saying so. If you think differently, you are very free to speak out.

My main business works 90% online, I bought my car, started a building project this year, eat at expensive restaurants and travel when I want to, and I work with just my phone and laptop. Its either you're making a conclusion on faulty premises you just want to stir up controversy to get answers from people.
You probably have been doing all the wrong things online, or doing all the right things in the wrong ways.
Re: There Is No Money To Be Made Online (final Fullstop) by bigx(m): 4:43am On Sep 29, 2012
franel79: I am online and I am making it in my own little way. I don't think anyone can tell me what I should not know and secondly, most of those guys who claim to have made money on this thread are not even satisfied with the income they generate from the internet. Some one told me that my question was not as it should have been but tells me that you all are yet to understand where I am driving at. Making money online is not about earning peanuts. It should be about surviving completely online. I wanted to show you all my five steps to earning serious cash online, but since you have got your ends covered, you might as well enjoy your money. Peace out.

Oh I see where you're coming from now, another of those empty, "make money online" posts that makes this section a nightmare to read. Good luck with that mate.

1 Like

Re: There Is No Money To Be Made Online (final Fullstop) by rozayx5(m): 6:29am On Sep 29, 2012
bandiejay: [/b]

Dude for the fact that you are a failure product you dont expect everyone to be a failure.

What has driving a Posh got to do with explanation above and to answer your question YES i drive a GOOD car and i update my self on it from Inspired autos.

Mr.Man i am not here to sell or advertise any infos and i have never done that here before. If i have information which i have beneficted from i give it out free for who ever got brains who knows how to use them.

I am not chasing a white man's lie here. You started up a Thread because you are one of those failed lazy MUGU's who dont have a skill and hereby looking for Hypes, Matrix, forex, and liberty shyits

to end with, i work Online as a marketer, and i also sell articles to Bloggers and they pay me when my job is done with Escrow.

how dare you insult my honorable, business forex,
some brokeass guy just started a thread filled with brokeass posts, by the time you meet a REAL forex trader you will know that it is not beans, not those gamblers you see, me i no deh talk too much
below is a pocket money withdrawal to meet up my daily expenses about 340$, not my recent earnings cause if i add that, some eyes will pop grin grin grin
so my brother go and learn and stop starting threads you know nothing about, you hear cool cool cool
from the pic you can see i am not refunding my forex account daily but my forex account is refunding me grin grin grin
so actions speak louder than words

Re: There Is No Money To Be Made Online (final Fullstop) by rozayx5(m): 6:33am On Sep 29, 2012
money comes into my account daily as a forex trader, so i cant just blame those thomases and shortsighted gamblers, who fell to all those forex seminar marketers, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin who have never traded a single live account but when the blind lead the blind in internet business in Nigeria what do you expect
a pit of course grin grin grin grin grin grin grin,

some additional pocket money, i just add these pics to stop all those rubbish you hear that forex is fake and 4 1 9 grin grin grin

Re: There Is No Money To Be Made Online (final Fullstop) by rozayx5(m): 6:50am On Sep 29, 2012
so if your ready to learn trading just PM me, i will find time maybe we can meet and i will show you the REAL forex not the 10cents you keep chasing everyday on survey programs and spend 6K on subcription monthly grin grin grin grin
rozayx5@gmail.com have a nice day, you can always meet me in the forex trade alerts thread smiley
Re: There Is No Money To Be Made Online (final Fullstop) by bendazum: 6:56am On Sep 29, 2012
franel79: There is no money to be made online and I have my reasons for saying so. If you think differently, you are very free to speak out.

I UNDERSTAND YOUR FRUSTRATION.MAKING MONEY ONLINE NEEDS EDUCATION,MONEY,PATIENCE,RESEARCH AND TIME WHICH I DOUBT YOU HAVE.DID I MENTION HUMILITY TO ASK TO BE PUT THROUGH WHICH I KNOW YOU DON'T HAVE AS SHOWN FROM YOUR POST.

JUST STATE YOUR CHOSEN ONLINE FIELD AND LET PROFESSIONALS HERE HELP YOU OUT.

1 Like

Re: There Is No Money To Be Made Online (final Fullstop) by beldcat(m): 7:22am On Sep 29, 2012
I've always known that all these ''online money'' theories are fake,any good business man should know that the real long lasting money is made on the streets not on the computer...so get your lazy butts up,roll up your sleeves,and go and hussle in school of hard knocks where The the real millionaires & billionaires hussled & are still hustling.
Re: There Is No Money To Be Made Online (final Fullstop) by girlhustle(f): 2:00pm On Sep 29, 2012
bel-d-cat:
I've always known that all these ''online money'' theories are fake,any good business man should know that the real long lasting money is made on the streets not on the computer...so get your lazy butts up,roll up your sleeves,and go and hussle in school of hard knocks where The the real millionaires & billionaires hussled & are still hustling.

Actually,the real millionaires and billionaires are online directly or indirectly! Everyday you go online or use your internet facilities,you make someone somewhere richer. But if pushing barrow and jumping bus is more your style...whatever rocks ya boat man.
Re: There Is No Money To Be Made Online (final Fullstop) by kentochdis(m): 11:02pm On Sep 29, 2012
franel79: I am online and I am making it in my own little way. I don't think anyone can tell me what I should not know and secondly, most of those guys who claim to have made money on this thread are not even satisfied with the income they generate from the internet. Some one told me that my question was not as it should have been but tells me that you all are yet to understand where I am driving at. Making money online is not about earning peanuts. It should be about surviving completely online. I wanted to show you all my five steps to earning serious cash online, but since you have got your ends covered, you might as well enjoy your money. Peace out.

Well, I think this all happened because you started with a wrong approach. You said franel79: There is no money to be made online and I have my reasons for saying so. If you think differently, you are very free to speak out. Even if people are making peanut or groundnut as the case maybe, it is something not nothing. So it automatically kills your theory of NO MONEY TO BE MADE ONLINE. My brother, you count from kobo to naira, the successful people you hear about today didn't just become successful overnight you should read up how seun of nairaland started. So if your thoughts are that you go online today and tomorrow you are a millionaire, sorry, it's not supposed to work that way. But if your thought are that you go online, learn the ropes, make mistakes, learn from others, be patient and consistent, then comes success, that frame of mind will make you successful in the long run and you remain at that level because you have a brand people have come to know you by.

You said "I wanted to show you all my five steps to earning serious cash online, but since you have got your ends covered, you might as well enjoy your money. Peace out." What makes you think you have monopoly of information? Don't you think someone already has 21 ways to make serious money online? If your title post was "Five steps to earning serious cash online" you would have received a lot of praise and follower ship if what you're saying makes sense.

Conclusion, I believe a lot of people that sent a post here are making something respective of whether it is coin or note. And they are striving to make it to learning from those that have succeeded and figuring out their own ways. What people need is encouragement so that we have more people earning honest and legal income online so hat our image (Nigeria) will improve. Cheers
Re: There Is No Money To Be Made Online (final Fullstop) by UncleJJ(m): 10:18pm On Sep 30, 2012
the OP is a lair....... tongue

Money....dey internet. AnD it has nothing to do with hard work. Only brains, in everything u do u must loose before u win. U need to study and hang with the right crowd.

U are what u eat.
Re: There Is No Money To Be Made Online (final Fullstop) by franel79(m): 10:15am On Oct 18, 2012
kentochdis:

Well, I think this all happened because you started with a wrong approach. You said franel79: There is no money to be made online and I have my reasons for saying so. If you think differently, you are very free to speak out. Even if people are making peanut or groundnut as the case maybe, it is something not nothing. So it automatically kills your theory of NO MONEY TO BE MADE ONLINE. My brother, you count from kobo to naira, the successful people you hear about today didn't just become successful overnight you should read up how seun of nairaland started. So if your thoughts are that you go online today and tomorrow you are a millionaire, sorry, it's not supposed to work that way. But if your thought are that you go online, learn the ropes, make mistakes, learn from others, be patient and consistent, then comes success, that frame of mind will make you successful in the long run and you remain at that level because you have a brand people have come to know you by.

You said "I wanted to show you all my five steps to earning serious cash online, but since you have got your ends covered, you might as well enjoy your money. Peace out." What makes you think you have monopoly of information? Don't you think someone already has 21 ways to make serious money online? If your title post was "Five steps to earning serious cash online" you would have received a lot of praise and follower ship if what you're saying makes sense.

Conclusion, I believe a lot of people that sent a post here are making something respective of whether it is coin or note. And they are striving to make it to learning from those that have succeeded and figuring out their own ways. What people need is encouragement so that we have more people earning honest and legal income online so hat our image (Nigeria) will improve. Cheers
I guess my approach was wrong. Thanks.
Re: There Is No Money To Be Made Online (final Fullstop) by naira4ever(m): 11:28am On Oct 18, 2012
franel79: I guess my approach was wrong. Thanks.

Good man. Now, u know better. Now, u learn faster!
Re: There Is No Money To Be Made Online (final Fullstop) by neily007(m): 11:34am On Oct 18, 2012
naira4ever:

You said they were lucky, right? Now, let me ask.
Can you define 'luck' or being 'lucky'?

You just gave answer to your own argument. Why don't you too try something unique and you will be exceptional?
Be creative even in doing things that many people are also doing (add little flavour and you will get favour), then you are exceptional (you stand out among equal)
Guy, Luck (Good luck) is an opportunity (favour) taken or being acted upon when it present itself to you.
To attract good luck to oneself, it is necessary to take advantage of opportunities.
I can say it loud and clear with all boldness that "There is Plenty of Money to be made online". I am a beneficiary and also a benefactor.

"The truth is this: Good luck can be enticed by accepting opportunity.
Those eager to grasp opportunities for their betterment, do attract the interest of the good
goddess. She is ever anxious to aid those who please her. Men of action please her best .
"Action will lead thee forward to the successes thou dost desire.
MEN OF ACTION ARE FAVORED BY THE GODDESS OF GOOD LUCK"
- Richest Man in Babylon.
Re: There Is No Money To Be Made Online (final Fullstop) by geetee7(m): 11:15am On Oct 20, 2012
I bet you will reverse your stand if you meet an online company that does 98% of the work for you and gives you 2 whole weeks to try them out for free. www.bemotivatedtoday.com/114314
Re: There Is No Money To Be Made Online (final Fullstop) by Nobody: 2:23pm On Oct 20, 2012
mrkels: Ignorance. Just becuase you tried it and it didn't work out well for you doesn't mean it aint working big for others. Change you approach, you may just make millions out of it. Or better still , get a day job and make it part time.
No mind the loser jor, na who get time †☺ waste go answer am. E no go attend seminars Ǎ̜̣̍Ϟd read make e discover wetin e mate take pass am.
Re: There Is No Money To Be Made Online (final Fullstop) by dejiswaggs(m): 9:03pm On Oct 22, 2012
bel-d-cat:
Mumu...Watin Make Zuck millionaire?
Ode Oshi...
Re: There Is No Money To Be Made Online (final Fullstop) by franel79(m): 11:10pm On Nov 14, 2012
Una don finish me oh................. See reactions from all and sundry. I agree oh. There is money to be made online.
Re: There Is No Money To Be Made Online (final Fullstop) by leverage12(m): 9:09am On Apr 19, 2013
I understand how you feel bro, but the truth is that if you have tried and not succeed, that means you are not doing it the right way because I know am making something reasonable from it; I met a guy on facebook and he told me he is tired of internet business and I ask him what kind of internet business he has tried before- guess what the guy told me? HYIP, the guy has been doing hyip, hyip is not a way to make Money online. There are only 3 ways to make Money online- either you are a trader, investor or you render a service. Until people get this in their thick head, they will always lose Money big time. There are only 2 way to make Money either you invest or you work for it. Cheers

(1) (2) (Reply)

Starting Foodstuff Business Vs Frozen Foods Business, Which Is More Lucrative? / This Can Change Your Entire Life / Open Alat Account By Wema, Send Your Account Number And Be Credited N500 Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.