Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,519 members, 7,885,169 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 02:49 AM

Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University (91347 Views)

See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking / Babcock’s Best Graduating Student Has Never Kissed A Man / I Need The School Fees Details For Covenant University Or Any Other Private Uni (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by biyoski: 6:14pm On Nov 10, 2007
covenant is better
critisizing a school depends on if u are a student of the school or not
before u gain admission in any of these schools, u must have seen their rues and regulations
so if u now enter and u feel the school is behaving different, then its ur fault
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by psalms(m): 11:14am On Nov 12, 2007
yeah! covenant is better. i don't if u could help on how they conduct their aptitude test.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by Gamine(f): 4:01pm On Nov 15, 2007
cnt blive this topic is still up

u shld know by now that CU is it

why d stress

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by Nobody: 3:17pm On Nov 21, 2007
not with the aids and pregnancy tests. nah no way cu beats Babcock. not even when u guys aren't allowed to use mobile fones. Yuck!!!!
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by MsOlaolu(f): 2:02pm On Nov 23, 2007
r we still @ dz?, i thot we woulda agreed after like what 9 pages of posts, i men its so clear 2 c?!, im so tired of dz stupid argument wen we all know cu is @ d top!!!! i mean really!?
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by Opefalodun: 7:40pm On Nov 24, 2007
I think Babcock University is better than Convenant university<but people think because of their rules it can be considered as a post secondary school. I was once a student of babcock university in Nigeria i will always remenber the good impact that BU made in my life.
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by dwhite1(m): 7:47pm On Nov 25, 2007
Hmmm,

I can't believe that people are still talkin' about the issue, before i contribute my view, I want to say that at the 1st time of visitin' this topic I probably thought the topic waz,[b]which is better TOH or Gamine?.[/b]It waz so interestin' readin' frm these two Nigeria most intelligent ladies. believe me at a point i dint believe they were really ladies because of the highly constructive outburst they both unleashed. Believe me im going to reconmend these two for DYNAMIX award n i think You both deserve an award.
     However, I also have my own point. First, to Gamine. Everybody in CU includin' You know that they are certain laws that guide the school at the detriment of the students. I've a female friend in CU, who can't cook,don't use a phone while in school n so many other thinz' about the school i which nt to state.Even a friend of mine who work with one of these telecommunication companies' as a sales officer told me that they don't employ students from CU into sales,reason being that they are "glorified secondary school graduate" but i must confess that irrespective of what anyone thinks CU is the bomb!.
   Second, TOH(thief of heart,what a name!), I have noticed sumtin about the few Igbo boiz in Lagos, when they arrived, the 1st thin' they learned when they want to speak yoruba is insults, i guess that might be the same case with TOH,though she has sum constructive criticism but I believe she flogged it with insults but girl, You r fabulous.
     May i suggest that, TOH 'n' Gamine needs to meet 'n' rub mind about issues botherin' this nation. I c You guys doin' this nation good. my last credit still goes to Gamine 'n' TOH,I doff my hat for You guys. Ve fun n i must say that the world is waitin' 4 You both.

NB; plz do permit any error u might come across while readin' this post msg as im prone 2 do mistake,  wink

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by beeyodun(f): 10:48am On Nov 26, 2007
seems u are not going to get any good advice here so y dont u try MADONNA UNIVERSITY.
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by Gamine(f): 12:17pm On Nov 26, 2007
cheesy cheesy

hmm cheesy

CU rock big time ooh!

people, if u stil wan know how to cook , u go cook

u dont stay in school for 365 days na?

haba, u still use ur fones n all at home

there is no biggie!
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by OEA1: 5:45pm On Dec 12, 2007
I have not been to covenant so I can't really comment on it, but I can speak about Babcock.

I was part of the first set of graduates. I finished my programme in 4 years, served in September that year, came to the UK to do my postgrad studies after my NYSC. I got to the UK and found out that in terms of teaching methods and curriculum, BU had prepared me enough so that I was better than people that had schooled in the UK for their undergraduate studies.

I was a bit young when I got into BU so I think I needed the discipline. There's a tendency to want to be free and end up getting involved in all sorts.

To be honest, there is quite a lot of discipline everywhere I have been since then, be it at work or uni. I have found that the BU experience really helped me focus on what I needed to focus on. I had friends, boyfriends and what most other people would have at other unis I guess.

We had to go to church by force, but they also allowed us to worship where we wanted on Sundays.

From what I've heard now, BU has gotten even better. The rules are not as strict in some respects. Ultimately, it comes down what one wants from their undergraduate experience. If one is looking for an education that competes with elsewhere in the world, I would say that BU is a good place to go.
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by lordimpaq(m): 11:07am On Feb 22, 2008
Its all BU,

@christino

yeah back in dem days with em, rogueman and demphis, phizzle, doublejay, TY, Godculture, The Chords, lol,

men, i miss dat skool,

Bu for Life, BUCC 4 life,
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by creamdream: 6:51pm On Feb 26, 2008
babcorc is better
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by VICTOFX(m): 5:45pm On Feb 27, 2008
what i just want to ask is that must you tell lies, all you student of babcock, are you guys trying to tell me that if you were opportuned to attend CU as a student, u wouldn't have gone for it? you know what i see no agument in this, cos CU is bu no mean to be compaired to babcock.

NOTE:- CONVENANT IS FLYING ON EAGLES WING.

Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by VICTOFX(m): 5:47pm On Feb 27, 2008
what i just want to ask is that must you tell lies, all you student of Babcock, are you guys trying to tell me that if you were opportune to attend CU as a student, u wouldn't have gone for it? you know what i see no augment in this, cos CU is bu no mean to be compaired to Babcock.

NOTE:- CONVENIENT IS FLYING ON EAGLES WING.

Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by JayFK(m): 7:45pm On Feb 27, 2008
Hello everyone,
I was wondering if Covenant or Babcock requires JAMB? I've been out of the country for about 4 years, but I wrote WASSCE and JAMB before I left, I also have a Canadian equivalent certificate (OSSD), Also, can anyone recommend any other schools for me to apply to excluding Covenant and Babcock? I woulda started a new topic, but I dont see any tab for it. Thanks in advance
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by jadone007: 12:56am On Feb 28, 2008
undecided One must be very careful with this decision.I knw the reason u all are choosing babcork over CU is cus there are some stuff u can do at babcork that u can do on CU premises.These include
1.U cant talk to a girl
2.U cant use a phone
3.Students can not wear jean material
4.U can only cook indomie or any thing like indomie lol grin
eeee.tttttttt.cccccc

And all this these things are no so in babcork.but when it comes to equipments,men,CU is bam.am not a student dere ,am at uniben,but i live at ota and i breeze in and out of CU to see a few shorties lol.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by VLove(f): 3:17pm On Feb 28, 2008
Id like to know what cu SATz like. Any one
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by Prince22(m): 3:49pm On Mar 01, 2008
Let all be appreciative, there are some brilliant children that worth to be in any of these sch.s but their parents are 'VERY RICH' to avoid payment of the fees.

Either good or not of these sch.s, does it mean those children will not attain it?

Cheer!!!
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by Nobody: 11:22pm On Mar 01, 2008
consider these
Is convenant good; Yes
Is babcock better: no
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by kelvd4real(m): 11:50am On Mar 05, 2008
Thief

I can't believe in this day and age such rules would be in force.
That blood sample rule is surely in breach of a person's human rights.
Madness if you ask me.

i don't see anything extra ordinary with asking one to have a blood test. except you gained admission into your higher institution through the back door, it is part of the registration process to have your blood tested (for several things including blood Group and AIDS). if it was a stupid thing to do, US embassy and some other embassies will not make it a requirement. If you are to work in a meaningful organisation, it is compulsory. in-case u forgot, it is called MEDICALS. smiley

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by playmate(f): 2:56pm On Mar 05, 2008
olrotimi:

consider these
Is convenant good; Yes
Is babcock better: no

ouch! that did hurt
take it easy
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by rihannon: 10:35am On Mar 15, 2008
Re:covenant uni vs babcock uni
omg,, im in love wid tof.(no lesby intentions puhlease),u possess a very strong view point. i love african ladies like that, so many of us r very shallow and narrow minded and seem not to question things.convenant is crap.pioneer set and was there for a semesta, dat sch sux! even the thot of it makes me cold rite now, Gamine,its very unfortunate u r enjoyin dat uni but oh well, im hapi for u.i think i read something like absolute freedom is blab blah blah in disguise, woteva! at a point in ur life,u have to make ur own decisions and makin a few mistakes is actually really gud as u learn from it and move on, i learned absolutely nothing , i mean nothing in convenant.and uni is not only about academics.if u r wise,uld know that u actually mite not even end up workin wid ur degree!!!!!!!!uni is about learning independence,improving urself,finsing urself,making informed and well rounded decisions and being versatile above all.and thats y its called UNI-VERSITY.Convenant just teaches you to wat/from personal experience,i am sorry if this offends anyone, not intended to.as i was sayin from personal experience,cu taught me absolutely nothing and i think the rules have nothing to do with building ones skills.its just another way of exploitation, its common knowledge to know that asking pple for their blood is violation of human rights, (go read the world health organisation website or better still go research your duties and rights as a nigerian, very handy to know)jeeez, shit lyk this can only happen in mother africa!God help us and soon!and the story about the v.c's dota is ABSOLUTELY true, u can quote me on this.i was there wen it happened. i left not too long afetr she was expelled, so i dont wanna read anymore lies saying she doesnt even know about it! dats Bullocks!it did happen and it was a blast, no denial pls. i dont criticize pple for whicheva sex they wanna be with, its ur problem but dont cover it up. as for gamine, wish you the very best! mite actually even be home for your graduation! once again,goodluck! and wen u graduate, give yourself a pat on the back cos u still have lots more to learn, and sorry,c.u cant give you all cos its not a proper university learning environment.
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by rihannon: 10:39am On Mar 15, 2008
i meant toh
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by rihannon: 10:56am On Mar 15, 2008
re:kelvd4real
if u dont know,its very inappropriate to ask for someones' health record without a valid reason and if the consent has to be given,it has to be VOLUNTARY.even, askin for blood test results in a work place is very unethical becos theres no imporatnce 4 it.all dat wil do is limit the chances of people who are impaired.employers should be chosen on basis of intelligence,committment,drive,passion,motivation,qualifications, and work experience.not blood test results or "medicals" as u call it! lemme give u a scenario,wat if someone had HIV/AIDS and applied for a job that requitred blood tests, and the employer refuses this person the job even if he/she was a good candidate for the advertised position.do u think tht is fair and ethical? ild leave you with that. medicals are only important when the job or task to be carried out poses as a health risk to others.for example, i as a nurse wil have to undergo ALL types of medicals, for STI'S,HIV/AIDS,asthma,e.coli,staphylococcus aureus and the list goes on and on.cos ild be treating patients and i wouldnt want them to catch anything off me.dats when medicals are important and they are also supposed to beCONFIDENTIAL.anyways,its nigeria, i forgot there is nothing liike VOLUNTARY and CONFIDENTIAL.but remember,we are the younger generation and we are here to make a change and CHANGE starts right here and NOW. even if its in milestones!
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by rihannon: 11:01am On Mar 15, 2008
and by the way,embassies make it a requirement cos they need to know these things be4 u fly if not u could turn around and sue them and also they check for AIDS/HIV and other acute n chronic illnesses cos the country u r goin to needs to know and help will be put in place for u as necessary especially of you goin to be living in a new country and also this is done for statistical purposes as well. and did u know, no country has the right to refuse you visa for having whatever illness unless it says so in their immigration rules, know your rights my brother, its very important so as u dont live everyday like a fool!
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by rihannon: 11:04am On Mar 15, 2008
emplyees* pardon my typo! i didnt do a read thru but im sure y'all get da message
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by Ashloe(f): 10:40pm On Mar 20, 2008
So wat if i think babcock is the best and not just better. talk about the opportunities in the world out there at ur finger tips once u are an alumni of the great citadel of knowlege. the future is babcock.
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by Gamine(f): 11:56pm On Mar 20, 2008
Who is Rihannon?

You are plainly an Errorist.
You stayed only one semester
and you seem to know evry. . .

CU, God help us

@Ashloe
Ashole?

Yeah in ur Youniverse, Babcock is Da future! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by rihannon: 12:05am On Mar 21, 2008
gamine,pardon my typos, i was in a rush when i replied to the thread, anyways gurlie, u sound like u being paid to support c.u.gud for u.c.u is not my ideal place to study tho. i wouldnt even wish dat on my enemy.i was there for a semesta and my sista was one of the pioneer students.so i know damn well wat im talkin about.c.u is just an excuse to exploit rich parents, dats it, peace
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by Gamine(f): 12:08am On Mar 21, 2008
Girl,

its not about supporting CU

its gonna be my sch whether i like it not

it will always be where i had my first degree

Peace to you too. smiley
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by rihannon: 12:22am On Mar 21, 2008
true dat sis! right on, but dat doesnt change the fact that it isnt a proper uni
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by Gamine(f): 12:44am On Mar 21, 2008
It cannot be a ''Proper'' Uni

One has to grab what he/she can,and move on smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

JAMB Opens Portal To Check Where You Are Posted For Consideration / Uniben Direct Entry Admission Guide Thread 2016/2017 / Happie Boys 'Clubbing And Drinking' In Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.