Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,129 members, 7,880,532 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:19 PM

Premiere Photos Of Black November - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Premiere Photos Of Black November (2528 Views)

18 Exclusive Premiere Photos: ‘half Of A Yellow Sun’ / Wyclef & Akon To Feature In 'Black November ' A Nollywood Film / Black November - Struggle for the Niger Delta Trailer (Jeta Amata) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Premiere Photos Of Black November by ijebabe: 12:49pm On Sep 28, 2012
I think some of us have been waiting for the release of the movie Black November and I am one of them. Jeta Amata premiered his latest movie on Wednesday 26th of September at the United Nations Headquarters in New York City.

The film stars Mickey Rourke, Kim Basinger, Anne Heche, Wyclef Jean and Akon and chronicles the turmoil of an unending oil spill in the Niger Delta. The film follows one local community's struggle against their own government and multi-national oil corporations to repair the lives, land and environment that is being plundered.

Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pze3itMFUGs

Below are the pics.

Re: Premiere Photos Of Black November by ijebabe: 12:50pm On Sep 28, 2012

Re: Premiere Photos Of Black November by ijebabe: 12:55pm On Sep 28, 2012

Re: Premiere Photos Of Black November by ijebabe: 12:56pm On Sep 28, 2012

Re: Premiere Photos Of Black November by semid4lyfe(m): 10:15am On Sep 29, 2012
Re: Premiere Photos Of Black November by ijebabe: 10:29am On Sep 29, 2012
^ The photos are watermarked by Associate Press as you can see. The ones not watermarked....you just want to know if I am a photographer like you right wink
Re: Premiere Photos Of Black November by ijebabe: 10:31am On Sep 29, 2012
Oh, and I always give credit to my sources. It is not hidden that I'm a fan of Bella Naija.
Check my other threads!
Re: Premiere Photos Of Black November by semid4lyfe(m): 10:44am On Sep 29, 2012
ijebabe: ^ The photos are watermarked by Associate Press as you can see. The ones not watermarked....you just want to know if I am a photographer like you right wink

Oh, and I always give credit to my sources. It is not hidden that I'm a fan of Bella Naija.
Check my other threads!

Ok, no p.

Still from the synopsis, I can't help but wonder if this Jetta Amata's Black November is not just a reboot of the BBC's Niger-Delta movie, Blood and Oil (2010) that starred Naomie Harris & David Oyelowo? undecided
Re: Premiere Photos Of Black November by ijebabe: 11:15am On Sep 29, 2012
I heard about the movie but didn't watch it.

Now that you brought it up, it appears to be the same story line but I'm interested to see what twist Amata introduces in Black November. I hope this will be one movie for the books and very interested to watch how he captures the real Nigerian side of the story with the rest of the world perceived at the time.
Time will tell smiley
Re: Premiere Photos Of Black November by Nobody: 2:43am On Oct 05, 2012
Abeg...is it my imagination that agbani darego has got implants in those boobs?

Meanwhile...God knows I won't watch this movie even for free! I guess its a repackaged version of black gold. I didn't watch that as well. And I thank God the movie didn't see the light of another day despite the hypes cheesy. I can only pray the samething happens to black November as well. *keeping my fingers crossed* lol
Re: Premiere Photos Of Black November by dont8(m): 7:50am On Oct 05, 2012
Hi Speedy, long time, why don't you give the movie benefit of doubt.

Ije, nice work as usual, I reserved your kiss.

speedyboi: Abeg...is it my imagination that agbani darego has got implants in those boobs?
Meanwhile...God knows I won't watch this movie even for free! I guess its a repackaged version of black gold. I didn't watch that as well. And I thank God the movie didn't see the light of another day despite the hypes cheesy. I can only pray the samething happens to black November as well. *keeping my fingers crossed* lol
Re: Premiere Photos Of Black November by Jayboy124: 8:05am On Oct 05, 2012
Nice work sharing the pictures Ije. I love how you keep us upadated here on NL.

By the way, Blood and Oil doesn't have same story line with Black November. Totally different from what I've seen from Black November's trailer.
Re: Premiere Photos Of Black November by ijebabe: 12:23pm On Oct 05, 2012
speedyboi: Abeg...is it my imagination that agbani darego has got implants in those boobs?

Na wetin ur eye find reach dia tongue

C'mon, can't you derive pleasure from bashing every angle of the movie over chilled beer? grin
At least you can watch the movie just to be proved right!
Re: Premiere Photos Of Black November by ijebabe: 12:23pm On Oct 05, 2012
dont8: Hi Speedy, long time, why don't you give the movie benefit of doubt.

Ije, nice work as usual, I reserved your kiss.

*Blushing*
Re: Premiere Photos Of Black November by ijebabe: 12:24pm On Oct 05, 2012
Jayboy124: Nice work sharing the pictures Ije. I love how you keep us upadated here on NL.

By the way, Blood and Oil doesn't have same story line with Black November. Totally different from what I've seen from Black November's trailer.
Thanks!

Did you watch Blood and Oil?
Re: Premiere Photos Of Black November by Jayboy124: 1:14pm On Oct 05, 2012
ijebabe:
Thanks!

Did you watch Blood and Oil?

Yea. I have seen the trailer of Black November as well. Both films might have the same 'oil' topic but from what I know, they are totally different.
Re: Premiere Photos Of Black November by ijebabe: 1:24pm On Oct 05, 2012
Hmmm, from the trailer I think I can say this movie will be a very interesting watch.
Time they say... smiley

1 Like

Re: Premiere Photos Of Black November by dont8(m): 3:31pm On Oct 05, 2012
Yeah, I think it'll be a great movie going by the trailer, I don't want to judge a book by the cover.

ijebabe: Hmmm, from the trailer I think I can say this movie will be a very interesting watch.
Time they say... smiley
Re: Premiere Photos Of Black November by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 06, 2012
Pls who watched his previous movie 'black gold' as well? How is it pls? The guy's film is always somehow deluded.
1.He is always using many white actors(maybe as a selling point adunno...Bt if that's d reason, it seems its nt working lol)
2. He is always portraying Africans as d sufferer and white guys as d saviour.

If he wants tragedy stories, there r crisis stories of other continents. He can build on them just as Hollywood does with african stories....

Pls if anyone watched black gold tell me how it is....and is black November a repackaged version?
ijebabe: Na wetin ur eye find reach dia tongue

C'mon, can't you derive pleasure from bashing every angle of the movie over chilled beer? grin
At least you can watch the movie just to be proved right!
Lols....eyes is meant 4 exploration cheesy tongue

Abeg...mk sure u watch d movie and gimme feed
back wink
dont8: Hi Speedy, long time, why don't you give the movie benefit of doubt.
Abeg dat jeta amata guy is something else...I dnt trust him. Don't let me hurt my eyes sad

(1) (Reply)

Errors Made In World War Z / GOTV Not Showing Bbnaija Anymore? / Monday 12 June 2017: Twist Of Fate Season 1 Episode 201 (must Read)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.