Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,277 members, 7,928,916 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 04:20 AM

Life We Lived As Kids.,......... - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Life We Lived As Kids.,......... (662 Views)

Psalmwise Lived and Died / A Real Life We Must Live / The Way I Lived!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life We Lived As Kids.,......... by 2gbasky22(m): 9:45pm On Sep 28, 2012
*I missed d days when
we
went
to
school,lined up & D
headmistress & teachers
inspect our nails
&
uniform & den we
match to
our
classrooms,
U Remember na??

* D days of Iced
Coloured
water tied in
nylon and we called it
icecream

*D days of ali & simbi,Mr
Salami &
Mrs Salami, Agbo,Edet......

*Chai, i remember those
days
when one naira na
money,when
groundnut was 1naira &
hausa grandnut was
50kobo

*Days of who
is in
d garden, police and
thief,
mama & papa
play

*Days when we use to
build
houses with sand, play
suwe
game,tinco tinco,change
ur
style,
ten ten, skipping rope
etc.... U
remember nau!

*Those days when
rubber
band
was stock exchange

*When we say 'leke
leke
give me white finger'

*Those days when
eleganza
pen
was d best

*D days wen we used
to
drink water from dtap
even
suck
out d
water if its not coming
out

*D days when NTA will
show
rainbow colorfor 30
mins
then
national anthem before
they
resume program @ 4pm

*Days wen we all sing
sandalili
sandalili songs,

*Days wen u jst hav to
carry over that born or
chewing gum to the nxt
morning

*Days wen u had to
pretend to be sick jst to
avoid school or to drink
fanta

*Days wen we wear
uniforms dat neva sees
the
face of a pressing iron,
and
without bottons

*Days wen we wear
those school short
(nicker) dat has 9igerian
map at d back(yansh)

I'm really proud to have
experienced all this. If u
r nt
smiling it means u ar nt
a
9gerian!

these ar the stories i will
tell my kids about my
childhood, WHAT ABOUT
YOU?

Keep it rolling, add urs!

Luv y'all

Re: Life We Lived As Kids.,......... by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:55pm On Sep 28, 2012
U got me rolling off my bed right there!!M not Nigerian but I guess all african schools have something in common
Re: Life We Lived As Kids.,......... by 2gbasky22(m): 11:20pm On Sep 28, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: U got me rolling off my bed right there!!M not Nigerian but I guess all african schools have something in common

really?....then share ur experince
Re: Life We Lived As Kids.,......... by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:49pm On Sep 28, 2012
2gbasky22:

really?....then share ur experince
lol ok

Back in da days I remember my firstday @ school in 1996,My mom had made my school uniform by herself.
We wore green dungaree,white shirts,green&white tie and green jerseys.

We had to make row according to our classes,boys on the right and girls on the left
Days wen we still had radio lessons @ 10am everyweek day and get whipped for arriving @ school late
We sang national anthem every friday in the morning after the Lord's Prayer which was like a rastation not actually a prayer

Days when we had to have our hair cut short all year round for all the years spent in primary school

On tuesdays and thursdays we had wat is called "ka Bible." Where the story of Noah and the Ark was planted in our minds.

Childhood was great;

Our teachers had nicknames only known to the students
I got bullied tho and had to run home everyday after school for 2years because the girl who bulied me was rumoured to have a drug lord as a father so I didn't dare touch her.My prayers were answered wen she left for another school.

I learned how to speak english there,how to read aloud,because of my shyness I always got spanked for refusing to read aloud in class

OH!I forgot wen we celebrated Moshoeshoe's day on the 11th of march every year.Lovely cultural dances from different schools in the district.On that day all we ate,sang,talked,danced and did was Sesotho tradition...gone r those days wen nothing matters to you
Re: Life We Lived As Kids.,......... by 2gbasky22(m): 9:21am On Sep 29, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: lol ok

Back in da days I remember my firstday @ school in 1996,My mom had made my school uniform by herself.
We wore green dungaree,white shirts,green&white tie and green jerseys.

We had to make row according to our classes,boys on the right and girls on the left
Days wen we still had radio lessons @ 10am everyweek day and get whipped for arriving @ school late
We sang national anthem every friday in the morning after the Lord's Prayer which was like a rastation not actually a prayer

Days when we had to have our hair cut short all year round for all the years spent in primary school

On tuesdays and thursdays we had wat is called "ka Bible." Where the story of Noah and the Ark was planted in our minds.

Childhood was great;

Our teachers had nicknames only known to the students
I got bullied tho and had to run home everyday after school for 2years because the girl who bulied me was rumoured to have a drug lord as a father so I didn't dare touch her.My prayers were answered wen she left for another school.

I learned how to speak english there,how to read aloud,because of my shyness I always got spanked for refusing to read aloud in class

OH!I forgot wen we celebrated Moshoeshoe's day on the 11th of march every year.Lovely cultural dances from different schools in the district.On that day all we ate,sang,talked,danced and did was Sesotho tradition...gone r those days wen nothing matters to you

hmmmm.......quit interesting it almost d same experience every where, most expecialy the nickname for the teachers twas really fun sha

i wish i coud go back. Jst for one day

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Need A Book? / A Typical Xmas Day / Nurturing Writing At An Early Stage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.