Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,514 members, 7,961,604 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 09:37 AM

Petroleum Minister Books Hotel Worth $8,000 Per Night - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petroleum Minister Books Hotel Worth $8,000 Per Night (1924 Views)

$700 Million Raw Cash Found In The Home Of Petroleum Minister, Diezani Alison-ma / Former NSA Sambo Dasuki’s Father Discharged From $4,000 Per Night Hospital Treat / Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Petroleum Minister Books Hotel Worth $8,000 Per Night by acidtalk: 10:12pm On Sep 28, 2012
Super minister: Diezani Allison-Maduekwe
By SaharaReporters, New York
Investigations by SaharaReporters revealed that Nigeria’s Petroleum Minister, Diezani Alison-Madueke, booked and paid for two rooms in two separate high-cost hotels during the four nights she spent in New York City during the just concluded United Nations General Assembly.
Impeccable sources within the Presidency and the delegation of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) disclosed that the minister’s two rooms were booked under a pseudonym.
Saharareporters discovered that Joe Mordi, one of the minister’s closest aides who works at the NNPC office in London, booked her into a one-bedroom suite at Four Seasons Hotel located at 57 East 57th Street, New York.
When SaharaReporters inquired at the hotel, a staff said that the suite cost $5,000 per night. Ms. Alison-Madueke, who is known around Presidency circles as “Prime Minister,” was also booked into another room at the Pierre Hotel on 2 East 61st Street in New York where President Goodluck Jonathan lodged during his stay in New York. SaharaReporters found out that her room on the 28th floor of the Pierre Hotel cost Nigerian tax payers $3,000 per night. There were also additional charges in taxes and service fees.
Ms. Alison-Madueke arrived in New York in style on a private jet on Monday from London where she had made a brief stop to continue treatment for an undisclosed ailment. She is billed to return to London today. President Jonathan left New York last night around 6:00 p.m. and has arrived in Nigeria very early today.
SaharaReporters also learnt that, apart from the lavish double accommodation enjoyed by the Petroleum minister in two of New York City’s most expensive hotels, her delegation of seven NNPC officials also engaged in other acts of reckless spending. “The NNPC hired ten limousines to ferry its 7 officials, including the General Managing Director,” said our source. Five of the limousines, rented for $1,800 each per day, were stationed permanently in front of the Pierre Hotel while another five were put to the service of the NNPC officials at the Four Seasons.
The Nigerian delegation’s profligacy during the New York trip earned the attraction of America’s mainstream media. New York-based National Broadcasting Corporation ((NBC), one of the top three television networks in the US, yesterday reported that African delegates from the poorest countries stayed in some of the most expensive hotels and shopped in high-priced retail stores during the UN General Assembly. The network focused on delegates from such countries as Togo, Swaziland, and Nigeria. SaharaReporters had earlier reported that President Jonathan was quartered at the Pierre Hotel in a suite that cost $10,000 per night.
International measurements of social indices routinely rank Nigeria as one of the world’s least developed countries. Some 70% of Nigerians live on less than 2 dollars per day. “It is sad that the mindless waste of public resources in New York by President Jonathan and other Nigerian officials was happening at a time when two million Nigerians have been displaced from their homes by ravaging floods,” said an Abuja-based civil society activist

http://mobile.saharareporters.com/news-page/diezani-alison-madueke-maintained-rooms-two-new-york-luxury-hotels-during-un-assembly
Re: Petroleum Minister Books Hotel Worth $8,000 Per Night by acidtalk: 10:29pm On Sep 28, 2012
Shey na like this we go dey dey?
Na like this we go dey dey?
Re: Petroleum Minister Books Hotel Worth $8,000 Per Night by Elueme: 10:38pm On Sep 28, 2012
Amebo news agency at it again..I have stopped believing you... You will serve us better by properly channelling your investigative journalism... This is not to say I subscribe to wreckless spending but Sahara SHOPRITE of lies has made gossips out of some Nairalanders
Re: Petroleum Minister Books Hotel Worth $8,000 Per Night by Nobody: 11:04pm On Sep 28, 2012
Madam patience dey for hospital.we never know wetin dey do her. meanwhile, madam diezani dey follow oga jona waka everywhere where im dey go! Are you thinking what am thinking?

1 Like

Re: Petroleum Minister Books Hotel Worth $8,000 Per Night by MrGlobe(m): 11:12pm On Sep 28, 2012
Elueme: Amebo news agency at it again..I have stopped believing you... You will serve us better by properly channelling your investigative journalism... This is not to say I subscribe to wreckless spending but Sahara SHOPRITE of lies has made gossips out of some Nairalanders
you people should stfu and give sahara reporters a break, am tired of seeing this sahara reporters and lies by the same people on every thread. This is the reason Nigeria will never move forward. Your poverty ravaged mentalities will not let you critically analyse news without sentiments.

Come to think of it, can you mention ANY news in present day Nigeria that sahara reporters did not break all the way from new york?

when they broke the story of dame patience, you sycophants rushed like the pests you are to call it a lie. One month after nobody has sighted her.

you are just mad because you come to grip with how fast they source their news while your local journalists dish out, junk and copy and paste journalism.

we are talking about possibly the most corrupt woman in the history of Nigeria here, booking same hotel with GEJ, obviously f/u cking him while dame is away.

8 Likes

Re: Petroleum Minister Books Hotel Worth $8,000 Per Night by acidtalk: 11:12pm On Sep 28, 2012
@Elueme, I understand you 100% and was once in your shoes. At a time I even got block from their facebook page for always challenging their news authenticty. But more than often, their stories have been found to be true.
Re: Petroleum Minister Books Hotel Worth $8,000 Per Night by acidtalk: 11:16pm On Sep 28, 2012
Don't also forget that 99.9% of those leaked secrets are from those same close aides to this people. They always intentionally let out their secrets. Or how else to you think journalists all over the world get their news.

They aren't soothsayers to know what is happeneing in your inner cacaus.
Re: Petroleum Minister Books Hotel Worth $8,000 Per Night by GARRIWARLORD(m): 11:37pm On Sep 28, 2012
Where will i start from? Inshort am tired of complaining... You people should just kill us..so that we will rest.. Jona,allison frog eyes and the rest..una want make we begin kill una one by one.... Wetin we do una nah..abi na crime to come earth....
Re: Petroleum Minister Books Hotel Worth $8,000 Per Night by mkoabiola: 12:42am On Sep 29, 2012
Ds is d lie of d century by desert reporters abi wetin u kal d name sef.
Re: Petroleum Minister Books Hotel Worth $8,000 Per Night by taharqa: 1:03am On Sep 29, 2012
Mr. Globe:

you people should stfu and give sahara reporters a break, am tired of seeing this sahara reporters and lies by the same people on every thread. This is the reason Nigeria will never move forward. Your poverty ravaged mentalities will not let you critically analyse news without sentiments.

Come to think of it, can you mention ANY news in present day Nigeria that sahara reporters did not break all the way from new york?

when they broke the story of dame patience, you sycophants rushed like the pests you are to call it a lie. One month after nobody has sighted her.

you are just mad because you come to grip with how fast they source their news while your local journalists dish out, junk and copy and paste journalism.

we are talking about possibly the most corrupt woman in the history of Nigeria here, booking same hotel with GEJ, obviously f/u cking him while dame is away.

Yea. SR actually got it 'right' with Dame. For the avoidance of any doubt, this was what they got 'right'(in this order):

1. Dame was sick and have been flown abroad in an air ambulance. 2. She was suffering from Food poisoning which she probably got from Aso Rock 3. She actually got the poison from Dubai 4. then her illness became appendicitis 5. then it became Tummy Tuck 6. Then it became full body work surgery 7. Then it was fibroid 8. Suddenly she DIED( and they were so sure that they told us GEJ on receiving the news of the death of his wife became devastated and abruptly left Namibia and flew to Germany apparently to collect his wife's corpse- while they were writing this story the President had already landed in Abuja) 9. Then just as suddenly as she died, she 'Rose from the Dead' and was even strong enough to consider attending the UN General Assembly with her husband in other to waste 'our' money of course 10. But she relapsed again and her doctors advised that she could not o any where yet(for the avoidance of doubt- this was in her current SECOND life ie after her miraculous 'resurrection') 11. Then the new one some days back was that she actually had Parkinson Disease all along 12. The latest item in this Saga(in case you haven't heard ) is that she is now stable and will back to Nigeria 'as soon as possible'.
And all along, they got ALL these info from 'impeccable' sources(who are nameless of course).

...Back to Reality: SR is not an investigative newspaper, it is a hotbed for Speculation. They are a disgrace to every thing the Fourth Estate of the Realm is( or should be). The fact that they get some info right at times means little cos as every good Amebo would tell you- one would definitely get at least a few things correct if one increases the rate of tatafo-ing(guesses), which should not be surprising since it is actually a Law of Nature( the Law of Probability).

The whole article theme was 'Diezieni maintained two rooms in the UN Outing', seem to me to be an attempt to push this narrative : whilst she(Dieziani) had her 'official' room in an hotel booked for her by NNPC staff, she also her another 'unofficial' room in the same hotel as the President which was convenient for both of them since Madam( Dame) was too sick in far away Germany to get in the way(if you no want i mean). Okay, yea yea yea..am speculating. I agree. But me too I have my own impeccable source- SR themselves(see! my own source is not anonymous). They had told us some few weeks ago that madam Dame, according to a certain 'impeccable' source was complaining that Diezini was the cause of her ill health since she wanted to take her husband(ie GEj) from her(this was before she DIED her and then 'resurrected'), and that maybe the sickness that Diezini went to London to treat(according to another source who called it a 'particularly dangerous form of Cancer') was also probably caused by Madam in a bid to keep her dear husband away from greedy women like Diezini( which was also while she wanted to do Full Body Work and Tummy Tuck- one of the operating stories at that time). The concluded that the 'Battle for GEJ' had just began between these two most powerful women of Nigeria.

This is not Journalism, It is called Character Assassination, Period. Which should not be too surprising cos even before this woman became Petroleum Minister, some very powerful persons in certain regions of this country took up spaces in the newspapers seriously opposing her appointment( just as some other persons did against Barth Nnaji and Ngozi Iweala). Might this be an extension of that campaign which never really stop?

The sad thing in all of this is that there might actually be some aspects of the report(this report on Hotel Expenditure) that is not only correct but should be sufficiently serious enough to warrant our complete attention as a nation. Maybe. But the problem is the huge Credibility issue
Re: Petroleum Minister Books Hotel Worth $8,000 Per Night by lacasa: 1:09am On Sep 29, 2012
Mr. Globe:

Gbam cheesy

Jo they giv eyeballs Deziani the fresh-air joy-ride wink
Re: Petroleum Minister Books Hotel Worth $8,000 Per Night by obowunmi(m): 1:44am On Sep 29, 2012
While I don't believe anything Sahara Reporters writes - Nigerian officials are known for wasteful spending.
Re: Petroleum Minister Books Hotel Worth $8,000 Per Night by Nobody: 1:47am On Sep 29, 2012
All that money spent for the mor.o.n to address an empty hall.
Re: Petroleum Minister Books Hotel Worth $8,000 Per Night by acidtalk: 7:02am On Sep 29, 2012
^^
When they hide their frivolous spending from we Nigerians, they fail to realize the rest of the world is watching them and get more irritated at them each passing seconds.

Jonathan is definitely the most corrupt Nigerian that has ever lived.

O Lord! Where is our own Jerry Rawlings? Please send him here as soon as possible.
Re: Petroleum Minister Books Hotel Worth $8,000 Per Night by Nobody: 7:33am On Sep 29, 2012
na waoh, I remembered a Canadian minister resigned last June cos people got mad that she bought an Orange juice for $16 in London. grin
Re: Petroleum Minister Books Hotel Worth $8,000 Per Night by FrankC3: 8:12am On Sep 29, 2012
If not for pedestrian thinking, how can one believe a source that 'reliably informed' him with 'extreme accuracy' that he knows where Nigeria's President stays while on foreign trip or a highly ranked hospital disclosing the medical details of their patient without authorization when same can be difficult to get even here in Nigeria.
SR takes journalism to new low each day. They even had the effrontery to 'reliably inform' us that an affair is brewing between the president and one of his ministers. This is simply disgusting to any right thinking mind.

1 Like

Re: Petroleum Minister Books Hotel Worth $8,000 Per Night by kokoA(m): 8:27am On Sep 29, 2012
grin The sahara guys know how to make gist sweet sha.. grin
Re: Petroleum Minister Books Hotel Worth $8,000 Per Night by Jisunpack: 9:39am On Sep 29, 2012
Why can't these 40 laptop crew members provide us with another source or place where she lodged, since according to them SR are making up the story?

SR said she lodged in hotel XYZ and spend XYZ amount per night, why don't you provide another source with different figures? or are you expecting us to swallow the hogwash you continually churned hook, line and sinker when even my dog knows that you feed from the crunch these heartless people pay you?

I'd rather believe Sahara reporters even if later I found out they lied.

1 Like

Re: Petroleum Minister Books Hotel Worth $8,000 Per Night by Nobody: 9:43am On Sep 29, 2012
Frank-C:
If not for pedestrian thinking, how can one believe a source that 'reliably informed' him with 'extreme accuracy' that he knows where Nigeria's President stays while on foreign trip or a highly ranked hospital disclosing the medical details of their patient without authorization when same can be difficult to get even here in Nigeria.
SR takes journalism to new low each day. They even had the effrontery to 'reliably inform' us that an affair is brewing between the president and one of his ministers. This is simply disgusting to any right thinking mind.

My friend shut your putrid, smelly mouth. How much did they pay you to spread all kinds of falsities on here? Yes, your frog eyed, uber-corrupt Diezani was in the said hotel; DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING TO DISPROVE THIS ALLEGATION!??! Yes? No?

Ok, sit down now and shut the f*ck up and stop tryting to tell us red is green when we already know people like you are nothing more than hungry dogs that'll sell their own mothers for a meal if thats what it takes to fight off hunger.

Dude, we dont believe you, you need more people.

3 Likes

Re: Petroleum Minister Books Hotel Worth $8,000 Per Night by acidtalk: 11:09am On Sep 29, 2012
Sahara Reporters VS Abati

Who should we now believe?
Re: Petroleum Minister Books Hotel Worth $8,000 Per Night by FrankC3: 11:29am On Sep 29, 2012
kingoflag:

My friend shut your putrid, smelly mouth. How much did they pay you to spread all kinds of falsities on here? Yes, your frog eyed, uber-corrupt Diezani was in the said hotel; DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING TO DISPROVE THIS ALLEGATION!??! Yes? No?

Ok, sit down now and shut the f*ck up and stop tryting to tell us red is green when we already know people like you are nothing more than hungry dogs that'll sell their own mothers for a meal if thats what it takes to fight off hunger.

Dude, we dont believe you, you need more people.

Trading insults on NL does not make much difference, after all this is an anonymous forum. Only children shout insults, not adults. Adults address challenges and solves problems.

Barack Obama slept in my house yesterday. I am actually informing you reliably that it is true. If you doubt this, provide your proof. How does it sound?

1 Like

Re: Petroleum Minister Books Hotel Worth $8,000 Per Night by Nobody: 11:30am On Sep 29, 2012
That woman sure knows how to ride in style. grin
Re: Petroleum Minister Books Hotel Worth $8,000 Per Night by AfroBlue(m): 11:44am On Sep 29, 2012
Re: Petroleum Minister Books Hotel Worth $8,000 Per Night by acidtalk: 3:44pm On Sep 29, 2012
So she should deprive others their future right?
Re: Petroleum Minister Books Hotel Worth $8,000 Per Night by jmaine: 4:59pm On Sep 29, 2012
Frank-C:

Trading insults on NL does not make much difference, after all this is an anonymous forum. Only children shout insults, not adults. Adults address challenges and solves problems.

Barack Obama slept in my house yesterday. I am actually informing you reliably that it is true. If you doubt this, provide your proof. How does it sound?

My sources informed me that the info they received from Obama sources about sleeping in your house is true cheesy . . . .
Re: Petroleum Minister Books Hotel Worth $8,000 Per Night by AfroBlue(m): 8:11pm On Sep 29, 2012
acidtalk: So she should deprive others their future right?

yes if she and the political elite can continue to get away with it. the oil subsidy scheme is still in place and ogas shell and british petroleum are happy campers. all the 9ja oil refineries are still down and 9ja citizens have to purchase exported and imported oil. the scam is working like a charm.

the people iceland are the only ones that recently had the liver to throw out their corrupt government and the london slave bankers, and their country is vastly improving. the people of greece and spain have also had about enough of the b.s. if you watch the global news lately. norway is the only country that i'm aware of that shares the national cake (oil revenues) with all the people.

don't forget about all the strikes in south africa.

spain and greece this week

Re: Petroleum Minister Books Hotel Worth $8,000 Per Night by Nobody: 1:42am On Sep 30, 2012
Frank-C:

My Nigga, SHUT THE FU*CK UP!!!!!
Re: Petroleum Minister Books Hotel Worth $8,000 Per Night by acidtalk: 9:04am On Sep 30, 2012
Naija!!!
Re: Petroleum Minister Books Hotel Worth $8,000 Per Night by lanrefront1(m): 11:28am On Sep 30, 2012
I pulled this from a Nigerian website called "theflipsideoflife".

Anyways,GEJ,complete with his bowler
hat and half the political class in
Nigeria,addressed the General
Assembly on the second day of affairs.
It was a speech as uninspiring as it was
unlistened to.
Never have I seen so many empty seats
at a public gathering since I last
attended an Iyanya
concert.Well........that was before
Kukere and everybody's now acting like
he's the second coming of Michael
Jackson!
It was obvious the world had no interest
in what GEJ had to say and in
extension,what Nigeria had to say.
Frankly I'm surprised they even let us
in,considering we tried to bomb the skin
off their bodies about a year ago.
Thirteen years ago,when President OBJ
gave his first address to the UN,as
president of a newly democratic
Nigeria,the hall was packed full.
Not because they thought more of OBJ
as a person;honestly,they did
actually;but because the world was
expectant,waiting to hear from this
giant black nation about to fufil all it's
great potential.
But as President GEJ addressed a near
empty hall,it was obvious the world had
written us off.
It's like buying a Dbanj CD,you know
you're going to get a lot of incoherent
grunting,yelps and sex references,it
sounds good occasionally but you know
you've heard it all before.
Take heart my dear Presido,they dont
really hate you.They just dont care for
you and for us much.
The highlights for me so far as to be the
speech given by the Egyptian prsident
(President something-somebody Morsi).I
sure as hell wouldnt want to jam that
brother in a dark corner.
You could see the passion dripping from
his words and firing from his eyes.
Re: Petroleum Minister Books Hotel Worth $8,000 Per Night by Alxmyr(m): 12:50pm On Sep 30, 2012
saxywale: na waoh, I remembered a Canadian minister resigned last June cos people got mad that she bought an Orange juice for $16 in London. grin

You memory is very remarkable. You must have remembered that you fabricated it from that factory you people manufacture lies and speulations from...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Kano: “we Have Lost 38 Igbos In 2 Months” – Ohaneze / Do Nigerians In The Diaspora Pay Taxes To The Nigerian Government? / Nigerian Army Has Buhari’s Academic Records, But He Needs To Apply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.