Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,282 members, 7,971,010 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 07:45 PM

Bible Folks, Check Out This Passage. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bible Folks, Check Out This Passage. (958 Views)

@christains.....please, Help Me Understand This Passage. / Tithing: Isn't This Passage In Hebrews Clear Enough On This Issue? / What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bible Folks, Check Out This Passage. by Nobody: 6:55am On Sep 29, 2012
In the latter times, and seven (7) women would cling to one man saying; let us bear your name... You may not marry me but pls let me be addressed by your name.
Re: Bible Folks, Check Out This Passage. by OmoAlata(f): 12:46pm On Sep 29, 2012
New Living Translation (©2007)
In that day so few men will be left that seven women will fight for each man, saying, "Let us all marry you! We will provide our own food and clothing. Only let us take your name so we won't be mocked as old maids."

During the final days calamity, so many men would fall in battle
Re: Bible Folks, Check Out This Passage. by Nobody: 1:54pm On Sep 29, 2012
yeah after the armageddon, there will be scarcity of men. WW3. scripture says only a third of the population of earth will be left. if i do the math this means like 4 billion people will be eradicated ( Zechariah 13 vs 8 )

1 Like

Re: Bible Folks, Check Out This Passage. by Nobody: 4:42pm On Sep 29, 2012
First of all, pls where is this passage?.

Secondly, this is my argument; are we to look at this passage in the context of the words ie. Plainly as it is written or there are intrinsic meanings to it?. Pls let me have several views on this. Thanks.
Re: Bible Folks, Check Out This Passage. by OmoAlata(f): 5:03pm On Sep 29, 2012
T_Bademosi: First of all, pls where is this passage?.

All you had to do was google wink Isaiah 4:1
Re: Bible Folks, Check Out This Passage. by Nobody: 6:02pm On Sep 29, 2012
Omo Alata:

All you had to do was google wink Isaiah 4:1

Oh... I neva tot about that... What about the 2nd question?.
Re: Bible Folks, Check Out This Passage. by OmoAlata(f): 9:38pm On Sep 29, 2012
T_Bademosi:

Oh... I neva tot about that... What about the 2nd question?.

I thought it meant as it was written i.e. not a parable. There will be fewer men around so it'll be survival of the fittest. I don't know if the men that will be around that time are lucky or unlucky grin
Re: Bible Folks, Check Out This Passage. by okeyxyz(m): 9:30am On Sep 30, 2012
T_Bademosi: In the latter times, and seven (7) women would cling to one man saying; let us bear your name... You may not marry me but pls let me be addressed by your name.

It is not literal but a parable:
The Woman represents nature, Seven represents completeness, The Man in the passage is God. So seven women clinging to one man means: All of Nature would be completely subject to God alone.

2 Likes

Re: Bible Folks, Check Out This Passage. by Nobody: 9:33am On Sep 30, 2012
okeyxyz:

The Woman represents nature, Seven represents completeness, The Man in the passage is God. So seven women clinging to one man means: All of Nature would be completely subject to God alone.
THATS DEEP. THUMBS UP

1 Like

Re: Bible Folks, Check Out This Passage. by Delafruita(m): 10:24am On Sep 30, 2012
okeyxyz:

Totally wrong.the verse sad "there will be few men left on earth...." It didn't say there'd be only one man.unless you intend to say there will be few gods with nature hassling for theor attention
Re: Bible Folks, Check Out This Passage. by Nobody: 10:30am On Sep 30, 2012
Delafruita:
Totally wrong.the verse sad "there will be few men left on earth...." It didn't say there'd be only one man.unless you intend to say there will be few gods with nature hassling for theor attention
DELAFRUITCAKE THE SCOFFER. AINT YOU SUPPOSED TO BE BOWING DOWN TO MOLECH IN SHEOL ? I THOUGHT YALL WORSHIPPED MOLECH ON SUNDAYS ? undecided
Re: Bible Folks, Check Out This Passage. by okeyxyz(m): 10:38am On Sep 30, 2012
Delafruita:

Really?? Did you even read the bible before coming on to dispute my interpretation?? Can you give us a bible-quote that says "there would be few men left on earth"?
Re: Bible Folks, Check Out This Passage. by Nobody: 7:59pm On Sep 30, 2012
okeyxyz:

Oh my gosh!!!!!.... Thats why I asked. I was thinking the passage may not be literary alone... I wud appreciate if some other people would shed more light on this.

(1) (Reply)

Sunday Church Dressing / Classic Marriage Counselling From The "Church"! / Who Can Tell Me What This Dream Means?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.