Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,780 members, 7,886,081 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 09:28 PM

Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha (19761 Views)

Army Condemns Cowardly Attitude Of Soldiers Who Fled From Bokoharam / Ex-governor, Fashola Denies Fathering Twins With Government Worker / Fashola Denies Deportation Allegation At Meeting With Igbo Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by Antivirus92(m): 8:03am On Sep 30, 2012
Dudu_Negro: ...does it?
so how do u expect a hungry man to be a hero? Always a coward!
Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by DuduNegro: 8:13am On Sep 30, 2012
Antivirus92: so how do u expect a hungry man to be a hero? Always a coward!

.......precisely the same question Yorubas are asking.

As much brevity that ibos pride themselves in, it makes no sense that you abandon home. There is an imbalance in your population distribution to that of other groups across regions. That single trait is counter to the character of brave people.

Brave people, given the opportunity and not under any oppression or threat to life, stay and defwnd homeland....not run away and abandon it....unless somethig at home is killing them or hinders their dignity and pride.

What is it in alaigbo that is causing brave ibos to run away from home?

2 Likes

Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by luvinhubby(m): 8:19am On Sep 30, 2012
Fashola shud have defended his actions if it was justified and proper and not live in self denial
Deportation is bad but lying about it is pathetic.

2 Likes

Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by DuduNegro: 8:21am On Sep 30, 2012
luvinhubby: Fashola shud have defended his actions if it was justified and proper and not live in self denial
Deportation is bad but lying about it is pathetic.

......what was the lie?
Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by DuduNegro: 8:24am On Sep 30, 2012
Antivirus, im awaiting your "heroic" response.
Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by ocelot2006(m): 8:33am On Sep 30, 2012
Deportation from one state to another? The last time I checked, the constitution still allows Nigerian citizens (regardless of their ethnicity) to settle and do business in any part of the Federal Republic.

1 Like

Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by Nobody: 8:34am On Sep 30, 2012
Its a shame that an issue of Civil Liberty has turned into tribal e-warfare in Nairaland. There is no civil bylaw that empowers any State Government in Nigeria to deport fellow Nigerians, even destitute into another state. I think Fashola is in denial because he knows its an illegal act, infact, it is the reason it was carried out in the night. It is not the first time the agents of Lagos State has done this, there is record on this Nairaland archives where people were deported to Ogun State. That being said, we need to also understand that the Lagos State is not Yoruba State, its a Cosmopolitan State with stake-holdings by Nigerians and Foreigners of all extraction. No single tribe owns or will ever own Lagos, because it is not possible to own Lagos. The rich should learn to live side by side with the poor, because without the poor, we will have no cleaners, gardeners and drivers. The Cosmic Energy created a free world, Humans decided to build borders. This is against the laws of Nature.

6 Likes

Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by solomon111(m): 8:39am On Sep 30, 2012
Billyonaire: Its a shame that an issue of Civil Liberty has turned into tribal e-warfare in Nairaland. There is no civil bylaw that empowers any State Government in Nigeria to deport fellow Nigerians, even destitute into another state. I think Fashola is in denial because he knows its an illegal act, infact, it is the reason it was carried out in the night. It is not the first time the agents of Lagos State has done this, there is record on this Nairaland archives where people were deported to Ogun State. That being said, we need to also understand that the Lagos State is not Yoruba State, its a Cosmopolitan State with stake-holdings by Nigerians and Foreigners of all extraction. No single tribe owns or will ever own Lagos, because it is not possible to own Lagos. The rich should learn to live side by side with the poor, because without the poor, we will have no cleaners, gardeners and drivers. The Cosmic Energy created a free world, Humans decided to build borders. This is against the laws of Nature.
Don't let the yorobbers see this.
Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by Lizzyvonne: 8:42am On Sep 30, 2012
CyberG: Why not ignore foolis.h iboz tribalists who are in perpetual denial? Iboz wish Lagos bad but they cannot stop moving there in millions. Now they sent you packing since you are not contributing anything, you open threads to whine. When will you people wake-up and face reality??
smtin is wrong wit u

1 Like

Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by Nobody: 8:42am On Sep 30, 2012
@ Dudu Negro, for your information,TA orji didn't deport non Abians,he only sacked them from the state civil service which I think he later recalled them.you need to get your facts right!
As for Fashola, I don't think he has an idea of what he has been doing deporting non lagosians! He has no right what so ever do deport non lagosians living in lagos! Moreover there is no law backing his action.when other governors retaliate,he shouldn't be surprised anyway! And what makes him think he can stop lagos from being over populated? Did he really have it at the back of his mind that those he deported won't find their way back to lagos? The more he deports,the more people troop into lagos in their hundreds! This is a very big shame to the Lagos State Government!

1 Like

Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by Nobody: 8:47am On Sep 30, 2012
solomon111: Don't let the yorobbers see this.

Next step will be a border post with stern looking immigration officers. grin

With an arrow sign saying: That way for Biafrans.
Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by Nobody: 8:55am On Sep 30, 2012
Fashola is not serious.He should have sent these SOBS to ivory coast,their ancestral home.
Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by ACM10: 8:57am On Sep 30, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

You are obsessed with this deportation...are you one of the deportees?

Abia deported fellow ibos in 2011....so whats so alarming to you that Lagos deported fellow Yorubas?

Can you expantiate on the bolded? There is no need to lie in our bid to support our weak position. Pls provide evidence for the bolded assertion. I'm waiting. . .

1 Like

Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by DuduNegro: 9:00am On Sep 30, 2012
Billyonaire: Its a shame that an issue of Civil Liberty has turned into tribal e-warfare in Nairaland. There is no civil bylaw that empowers any State Government in Nigeria to deport fellow Nigerians, even destitute into another state. I think Fashola is in denial because he knows its an illegal act, infact, it is the reason it was carried out in the night. It is not the first time the agents of Lagos State has done this, there is record on this Nairaland archives where people were deported to Ogun State. That being said, we need to also understand that the Lagos State is not Yoruba State, its a Cosmopolitan State with stake-holdings by Nigerians and Foreigners of all extraction. No single tribe owns or will ever own Lagos, because it is not possible to own Lagos. The rich should learn to live side by side with the poor, because without the poor, we will have no cleaners, gardeners and drivers. The Cosmic Energy created a free world, Humans decided to build borders. This is against the laws of Nature.

I disagree.

The law of Lagos State protects the law abiding people in that state against threats and nuisance in the community. The task force agents are empowered to raid and remove destitutes that run away or avoid govt rehabilitation programs.

I started a post few months ago....i think around June/July....in an attempt to demistify the constiution. Many Nigerians have no ground understanding of the constitution. People that despise Nigeria and cant reapect what it stands for are qjick to run and grab the constitution for shelter when their civic relationship is questioned. The constitution is the new new manuscript. In ancient times, scrolls and manuscripts were written in crypted language to befuddle the ordinary citizen so that the more he struggles against authority the deeper he gives them cause and reaaon to entrench control over his life. It is absolutely imperative that every citizen understand the constiution....not just read it but be able to interpree its intent and spirit.

On this deportation issue....i cannot speak for other states deportig non indigenes for other reasons.....but in the case of Lagos state, the govt , by invoking its statute and promise to protect lives and property of innocent and law abiding citizens, has acted in concordance with the provisions of the constitution of Nigeria.

Cosmic liberty is in accord with land covenants and a function of nativity to land. I dont know qhere you got this idea that freedom of rights in a constitution can be equated to cosmic benevolence......the two are separate and irreconciliable.

Cosmic benevolence is in synch wih customary laws, not democratic constitutions.

1 Like

Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by ACM10: 9:01am On Sep 30, 2012
Dudu_Negro: This deportation and the follow uo to it says a lot about why ibos in the North would rathen stay up there in the middle of fire and risk life than return to their people.......their people in SE are worae than the predators up there killing them in the name of jihad.

I cant believe that four days or so afte and these people are still livig in a doggone sheler.

In Yorubaland we use name to locate family compound and relatives. This is what it possible for Lagos to place Yoruba deportees with their relatives for proper rehab. How do you trace roots in East? How do you place an individual to family or clan?

If yiu cant find their family then hand them to their clan or their Eze. what the hell!!!

Does Yorubas live in palaces? Have you heard of Makoko slum? Who inhabited the area?
Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by Ikengawo: 9:02am On Sep 30, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

.......precisely the same question Yorubas are asking.

As much brevity that ibos pride themselves in, it makes no sense that you abandon home. There is an imbalance in your population distribution to that of other groups across regions. That single trait is counter to the character of brave people.

Brave people, given the opportunity and not under any oppression or threat to life, stay and defwnd homeland....not run away and abandon it....unless somethig at home is killing them or hinders their dignity and pride.

What is it in alaigbo that is causing brave ibos to run away from home?
But Lagos is Awori land and Yorubas from all over nigeria have flooded in there. In fact The governor of one Yoruba state was said to have lived there while governing his own state. As much as you want to act like Igbos are 'leaving' their land more than anyone else, they're also developing their land independently whereas if you talk to a Yoruba from Abeokuta he'll claim lagos and that's the end of that. Pretending that either the yoruba or igbo people are something they're not is counter productive, we're all of the same nation and know the same truths.

[img]http://bukchris.files./2010/11/whale.jpg[/img]

Non of these yoruba guys are Lagos natives.

1 Like

Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by DuduNegro: 9:04am On Sep 30, 2012
ACM10:

Can you expantiate on the bolded? There is no need to lie in our bid to support our weak position. Pls provide evidence for the bolded assertion. I'm waiting. . .

ACM, c'mon, this is Negro Nations....you are no stranger to me. You know i dont provide anybody proof or evidence for what they can find on their own aihout my aid. Use "Abia deported non-indigenes" as your keyword. The proof is waiting to be discovered.
Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by Nobody: 9:04am On Sep 30, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Fashola is not serious.He should have sent these SOBS to ivory coast,their ancestral home.
and what makes me think Bluetooth and Dudu Negro ain't the same person? Dudu Negro has gone into hiding and you now surface! You better continue from where he stopped! undecided

1 Like

Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by DuduNegro: 9:08am On Sep 30, 2012
Aigbofa:

Next step will be a border post with stern looking immigration officers. grin

With an arrow sign saying: That way for Biafrans.

I already shared with them that if they dare fvk up and support pdp into victory in Youbaland there will be much more than 9 buses on a one way trip to Onitsha.... grin

2 Likes

Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by CyberG: 9:10am On Sep 30, 2012
Lizzyvonne: smtin is wrong wit u

Who is this thing? You make no sense....park inside your gutter make I see road! cool grin
Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by DuduNegro: 9:14am On Sep 30, 2012
ACM10:

Does Yorubas live in palaces? Have you heard of Makoko slum? Who inhabited the area?

This question came uo on a post yestaerday with pictures of inhabitants of makoko. I challenged the postwr, chippychappy, to the fact that if the pictures is a good representation of the community then there are more people from across the Nigwr livig in makoko than therr are Yorubas.
Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by EkoAtlantic2(f): 9:18am On Sep 30, 2012
Brb

Mods please don't hide this, I'm in church. Thanks in advance wink
Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by ACM10: 9:20am On Sep 30, 2012
ndu_chucks: The bit about the Igbo deportees still living in shelters is eye opening and quite disgraceful. Equally disgraceful is the deportation of these victims in the first place. One can understand why Fashola is now denying being knowledgeable of the deportation. SMH

What are you insinuating? So you expect Gov. Obi to displace Anambrarians from one of the sprawling housing estates and replace them with the internally displaced Nigerians? OR do you expect him to construct permanent houses within days to resettle them?
Aint it equally disgraceful that millions of alamajiris are roaming the northern part of the country? What prevents the northern state governors from assuming the responsibility of providing for their needs? Why look to Abuja to construct schools as well as provide for their basic needs? Why are you such a pathetic hypocrite?

1 Like

Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by DuduNegro: 9:25am On Sep 30, 2012
Ikengawo:
But Lagos is Awori land and Yorubas from all over nigeria have flooded in there. In fact The governor of one Yoruba state was said to have lived there while governing his own state. As much as you want to act like Igbos are 'leaving' their land more than anyone else, they're also developing their land independently whereas if you talk to a Yoruba from Abeokuta he'll claim lagos and that's the end of that. Pretending that either the yoruba or igbo people are something they're not is counter productive, we're all of the same nation and know the same truths.

[img]http://bukchris.files./2010/11/whale.jpg[/img]

Non of these yoruba guys are Lagos natives.

Ikengawo,

I dont know how much you know about Nigerian history but im delighted to tell you that back in 1906 iboland was a charterrd territory. There were only twp protectorates and one colony. IThe Lagos colony is the territory coverig the entirw Yorubaland. The Southern protectorate is just the Oil Rivers territory and covers only the oil coast. Everything elae in SE was under the charter of Royal Niger Company. The other protectorate was the Northern.

I will stop here and let you takelead on how much history you want me to reveal about your land.
Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by EkoAtlantic2(f): 9:25am On Sep 30, 2012
Thanks again for keeping this space mods, I've got to respect GOD. I'll soon be back to reply my Igbo bros.
Chop knuckles in advance

Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by ACM10: 9:29am On Sep 30, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

ACM, c'mon, this is Negro Nations....you are no stranger to me. You know i dont provide anybody proof or evidence for what they can find on their own aihout my aid. Use "Abia deported non-indigenes" as your keyword. The proof is waiting to be discovered.

I expect you to provide evidence to support your careless assertion. I respect you on this forum, but your standard is steadily falling to gutter level. The reason why I don't want to research on my own is that I don't want to digest the works of hack writers. So I will consider your evidence more reliable. I'm waiting . . .

1 Like

Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by DuduNegro: 9:30am On Sep 30, 2012
Eko Atlantic*:
Brb

Mods please don't hide this, I'm in church. Thanks in advance wink

Aah, Eko.....tell pastor to pray for delivery for these ibos. grin
Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by ACM10: 9:33am On Sep 30, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

This question came uo on a post yestaerday with pictures of inhabitants of makoko. I challenged the postwr, chippychappy, to the fact that if the pictures is a good representation of the community then there are more people from across the Nigwr livig in makoko than therr are Yorubas.

I've seen slums in Enugu and Onitsha, but those of Lagos are on the class of its own. They are the worst that I've seen anywhere
Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by onyeego(m): 9:34am On Sep 30, 2012
Dudu_Negro: This deportation and the follow uo to it says a lot about why ibos in the North would rathen stay up there in the middle of fire and risk life than return to their people.......their people in SE are worae than the predators up there killing them in the name of jihad.

I cant believe that four days or so afte and these people are still livig in a doggone sheler.

In Yorubaland we use name to locate family compound and relatives. This is what it possible for Lagos to place Yoruba deportees with their relatives for proper rehab. How do you trace roots in East? How do you place an individual to family or clan?

If yiu cant find their family then hand them to their clan or their Eze. what the hell!!!
is it that u don't comprehend when u read? Or u have allowed tribalism to make u blind.
The Article said MOST OF THEM are not from Anambra probably not from the east!

1 Like

Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by marvel10: 9:36am On Sep 30, 2012
I am with Dudu Negro on this one.
Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by DuduNegro: 9:36am On Sep 30, 2012
ACM10:

I expect you to provide evidence to support your careless assertion. I respect you on this forum, but your standard is steadily falling to gutter level. The reason why I don't want to research on my own is that I don't want to digest the works of hack writers. So I will consider your evidence more reliable. I'm waiting . . .

........what is more reliable for you than when Peter Obi has admitted that it happened ? Unfortunately he is only now expressing his displeasure retroactive to last year.
Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by DuduNegro: 9:40am On Sep 30, 2012
onye ego:
is it that u don't comprehend when u read? Or u have allowed tribalism to make u blind.
The Article said MOST OF THEM are not from Anambra probably not from the east!

Then sort them out and quit whining.

When ibos in Kano did sopuru to Mohammed....you denied they are your brothers. Now your destitutes are rwturned to you.....you deny they are your family.

Yanmiri has problem....biiiigg problem!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Certificate Forgery: Conspiracy Of Silence Among Buhari’s Appointees Deepens / N1.3 Trillion: 'Nigeria More Corrupt Now Than During My 5-Year Term' - Jonathan / Card Reader Fails To Capture Jonathan At Bayelsa Governorship Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.