Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,463 members, 7,888,434 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 07:43 AM

I'm 21yrs Old And I Want To Join Politics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'm 21yrs Old And I Want To Join Politics (889 Views)

How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka / See What A Man Did To His Wife Because She Wants To Join Politics(photos) / How Do I Join Politics In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm 21yrs Old And I Want To Join Politics by Olutola88(m): 9:31am On Sep 30, 2012
I am a university of Ilorin student and I'll be graduating may 2013. I feel so bad each time I remember the rate of unemployment and the level poverty in Nigeria. On many occasions,tears drop from my eyes. I admire Gov. Fashola but I still feel a lot more could be done in Nigeria as a whole. I've made up my mind to go into politics but I need advice, counselling, orientation and how exactly to go about. Pls put me through, just assume I know nothing
Re: I'm 21yrs Old And I Want To Join Politics by Hasmos(m): 9:34am On Sep 30, 2012
Olutola88: I am a university of Ilorin student and I'll be graduating may 2013. I feel so bad each time I remember the rate of unemployment and the level poverty in Nigeria. On many occasions,tears drop from my eyes. I admire Gov. Fashola but I still feel a lot more could be done in Nigeria as a whole. I've made up my mind to go into politics but I need advice, counselling, orientation and how exactly to go about. Pls put me through, just assume I know nothing
Wot course are u studying, fellow Unilorite?
Re: I'm 21yrs Old And I Want To Join Politics by Olutola88(m): 9:46am On Sep 30, 2012
@Hasmos... Aric Economiscs and extension
Re: I'm 21yrs Old And I Want To Join Politics by Olutola88(m): 9:46am On Sep 30, 2012
@Hasmos... Agric Economics and extension
Re: I'm 21yrs Old And I Want To Join Politics by Pennywise(m): 10:17am On Sep 30, 2012
Olutola88: Pls put me through, just assume I know nothing

Of course u know nothing my dear. Fashola did not leave law school expecting to be Gov.

First, endeavour to get a real job so u can make some money. Nobody does politics on empty stomach. Some money is also important bc without it u are just like me. Nobody will listen to you.

Then look for a local pressure group in ur area or join hands and create one. If u are originating one make it sound like is for the good of ur community. In no time u will start getting patronage from politicians in d form of money, invitation to meetings etc.

Within a short time u are a familiar face in local political circuit in other words, u are a politician and the sky is your limit. It is relatively risk free with potentials for enormous returns. This is a good time to be a politician unlike the second and third republic when u have to be on the constant look out for assassins from d oppossing camps or d military.

Go on brother. The future is bright.

2 Likes

Re: I'm 21yrs Old And I Want To Join Politics by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 10:18am On Sep 30, 2012
Dont get it worng young man. Politics is not and should not be a career. That is not to discourage u from engaging in politics.

The reason we have many failures in Nigeria today is cos peep fail to have a successful personal career and they want to be political leaders of a group of peep.

Here is my pices of advice for u and for all who aspire to be politicians:

1. Get education, succeed in it. I'm sure u know if u hav a carryover, u ar not fit for any political post in the tertiary institution.

2. Follow ur passion which must be geared toward solving problem for peep. It cld be even a paid job, do it well.

3. Become a leader in ur field of what ever do, lead as many peep as possible. Politics deal with a larger no of peep.

4. Have a well grounded structure in place in as many places as possible, i.e. Business, cooporate business that is workin and meetin peeps need.

5. Belong to a party and vie for an office.

If u succeed in ur business and field at a high level, u are likly to succeed as a politician.

If u want to be a Leader of many, start by succeeding at leading urself first.

1 Like

Re: I'm 21yrs Old And I Want To Join Politics by Nobody: 10:19am On Sep 30, 2012
Olutola88: @Hasmos... Agric Economics and extension

Dude try setting up a poultry or go into farming
Re: I'm 21yrs Old And I Want To Join Politics by Olutola88(m): 10:44am On Sep 30, 2012
@Pennywise... Thanks 4 d incisive contribution @afolsnetworks... Fantastic one 4rm u, wot do u do 4 a living?
Re: I'm 21yrs Old And I Want To Join Politics by Olutola88(m): 10:46am On Sep 30, 2012
@Ohnyore... I'll definitely do dat, infact I've started already but it doesn't stop me 4rm making life better 4 odas
Re: I'm 21yrs Old And I Want To Join Politics by Callotti: 11:32am On Sep 30, 2012
Please, join the club of legisloothieves or executhieves!
I am sure you will make a difference! grin
Re: I'm 21yrs Old And I Want To Join Politics by ochukoccna: 12:59pm On Sep 30, 2012
Are you a secret cult member?
If yes,good
If no,join(you be bloody student wey no get money to throw around yet)
You'll need the agbero skills &connections in Nigeria's brand of politics
I believe you also know how to lie&steal very well
After graduation,just join PDP
If you don't believe me,ask Adedibu

(1) (Reply)

President Goodluck Jonathan 2013 New Year Message / This Is University Of Ilorin, / Is Revolution Sincerely The Way Forward For Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.